View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 31 2019, 19:33 PM 

Player

As promised in the DMs please respond thread, we have been discussing some changes and here's the first batch that now is approved. Please feel free to make further suggestions and we can discuss them.

Point 3 already has a thread.

Point 4 we will announce some days/times shortly.

Please ignore the "I form" and form of "proposal" here, this was my draft that was basically just approved so I did not re-write it yet to pass it on more quickly to you.

1. Request mainstreaming

My proposal here is to divide requests into easy requests and complicated requests.

Easy Request:
An easy request is one that has no overly large impact on the server, lore or balance. Those are normal rebuilds that are not a full or almost full class change. Monkey Grip, Shadow Jump, Flight widget, Faction Chests, summon reskins, skinchangers, job log resests, cosmetic/RP items, generic summons/Bottled companions (in most cases).

The DMs here need to simply check 1. is RP there 2. does the RP fit the request 3. does the requested character have the ability to do that 4. is it within reason (not reasonable for example, ancient dragon summon or BC; faction chest for a non approved faction etc)

If it is a simple request, a minimum of 2 DM is sufficient so long as the request was up at least 48 hrs. With the exception of job log resets that do not change a rank 3 job to 0, that can be approved by a single DM. Same with very very minor rebuilds that just need to redo 2-3 levels.

Complicated Requests
A complicated request is a rebuild that almost changes the character entirely (fully new classes etc), a special race that is very very hard to play (full outsider, dragon, undead, fey and the likes), a very difficult or powerful PrC (like the risen martyr), homebrew lore that is to be made canon on Amia (wether it is homebrew PrC or spell or race or class) and things along these lines. These should have a majority of votes. Dms who do not respond withing 48 hrs should be nudged by the other DMs and directed to the request for input. Should a DM fail to respond despite being asked to respond twice, their vote cna be skipped.

A bit on the middle-line here are item and spell-widget requests. Those should have a few votes at least, though do not need the full team effort.

2. Price Reduction/Character individualizing

Instead of making it all cheaper I personally rather propose to give people some stuff for free (or rather for RP) and hence make customizing their character possible for anyone even those who are new and have no DC, while keeping the DC prices for more in depth (exaggerated) changes, to ensure people don't overdo it just because they can.

Mind all these suggestions still require a request for lore-check and appropriateness (aka no ancient dragon familiars or lich animal companions etc.)

Some proposals:

a) Individual familiar/companion:
Each mage/ranger/druid can request 1 familiar/companion skin that matches their character for free.

b) Individual summon:
Each mage/cleric/bard/ranger/druid can request 1 summon skinchange that matches their character for free.

c) Each character that has no summon option and hence does not recieve a free skinchange a or b may request 1 generic summon or bottled companion for free that is of pet or commoner quality. (aka a cat, dog, bird, pet snake aka an animal that does not need special skill or trainign to handle; for BC a child, servant, family member, but of "commoner power")

c) Each shifter can request 3 reasonable skinchangers for free with undergoing the according RP IC.

d) Each druid can request 1 reasonable animal and 1 reasonable elemental skinchanger for free with undergoing the according RP IC.

e) Each epic transmutation focused mage can request 2 reasonable skinchangers for free with undergoing the according RP IC and with the TS pierce ruling (and as long as they actually picked either polymorph or shapeshift)

f) Each character that cannot het any of the above free skinchangers may request either one reasonable PLC spawner or one item spawner with pure RP items.

g) Custom names and bios for small RP items or gear are free.

h) Each character can be granted 1 free rebuild per year. However, the "free" part is in this case handled as any "DC rebuild". So this means if the change is so big it would be judged as a self-rebuild, then it still will be a self-rebuild. Is it judged as a partial, then the character gets as many levels as they would have gotten as with DC but for free and so on.

i) reduce price of bling spawner to 1 DC plus RP, really it is just something fancy that helps with mage RP.

Tried to make everyone get something here and not one class get all. Hope it worked out. Feel free to give pointers for changes if there was any oversight on my part.

3. Post maintenance times

Use the thread I made to announce a few hours before you hop on the client if you are available to fulfill requests so people know when to grab them.

4. Offer guaranteed plot days
Perhaps we can come up with 1-2 days/times a week where we can ensure people that there always be a small 1 day plot going on there. We can rotate which DM can handle it which week and figure out what day/time is best for that.

5. Generally announce availability

If possible either IC (like job offers in the adventurer guild) or if not even OOC, so people know when stuff is happening. No need to spoiler, just post a day before or so "hey tomorrow 8pm EST something will happen if anyone is interested."

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 31 2019, 20:55 PM 

Player

I would suggest a DM focus purely on helping PC Factions thrive. One who can run frequent events, and one who can make changes to the Mod at a brisk pace. You have to strike while the irons hot. I think the stance on oh, we want to see your Faction RP for x amount of months and show your dedicated. Then have to wait x amount of Months to see any changes in the Mod happen veiw has bit us in the arse. By that time, PC's are bitter and uninterested any longer. This very way is one of the major reasons why our player base has dwindled so much over the years. That and the Sins of our Father. We as a whole need to give this Era DM Team a clean slate and stop holding grudges from the past folks. My Two Coppers anyways. :mrgreen:

Jes

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 31 2019, 21:26 PM 

DM

That is something I'm looking to have a hand in helping out with, Imp. :D

I've been trying to make it clear I'm available for it, anyway!

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Impknightofireland

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 31 2019, 21:28 PM 

Player

Jes wrote:
That is something I'm looking to have a hand in helping out with, Imp. :D

I've been trying to make it clear I'm available for it, anyway!

SWEET!!!

Magiros

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 01 2019, 5:35 AM 

Player

Great news, just love this focus on shifting more Rp foxused reasoning, in lines fitting to class/character, to get something.

Thank you for this!

Br,
Mags

walnutboy

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 01 2019, 7:58 AM 

Player

Nice. Was actually one of the things which annoyed me when I started Ly, I had to buy her skin changer even though I couldn't play her as a lycan without it.

What's the saying, RP is king!

Angelis96

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 10:38 AM 

Player

General question: Regarding the once a year rebuilds? Does that start from the time in which this concept was stated? Or does that include any rebuild requests made in the last year?

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 11:20 AM 

DM

It starts at the time of posting this change. As with all changes like this that aren't because of a mechanical bug/breaking, we have a general policy of not doing DC refunds.

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 22:22 PM 

DM

Okay, guys!

You're gonna start seeing labels put in your request topic titles. I've made a cheat sheet so you can understand what label it should get, but don't put the labels on yourselves. Leaving them for us will also let you know that we have looked at it and categorized it. If you think a label is wrong, just ask us about it!

Request Label System[E]asy Requests (2 DMs Needed):
  • PC Skinchangers (Widget or One-Time Reskin)
  • Summon/Familiar/Animal Companion Reskins
  • Simple DC rebuilds
  • Job Log Changes
  • Cosmetic Items: Visualizer, Body Parts
  • PLC Spawners
  • Item Spawners with no Mechanical Powers
  • Generic Summons
  • Bottled Companions
  • Faction Chests
  • Monkey Grip
  • Shadow Jump/Flight

[M]iddle Requests (3-4 DMs Needed):
  • Spell Widgets
  • Item Spawners with Mechanical Powers
  • Item Requests: Weapons, Armor, etc. to be Balanced
  • Faction Submissions
  • Faction Area Requests
  • Special Characters: All not listed below in Complicated. Examples - Fey'ri, Nobles, Gnolls, Kenkus, Avariel, Half-Dragons, etc.

[C]omplicated Requests (Full DM Input):
  • Rebuilds with Extensive Class/Stat Changes
  • Powerful Classes/PrCs: Risen Martyr, Archmage, etc.
  • Homebrew Classes/Races/Lore/etc.
  • Difficult Special Characters: Full-Blooded Dragons or Fey, Half-Blooded Outsiders, Full Undead)

Note: More may be added to this list in the Requestables topic as we go, so just look there if you need to double-check something!

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 22:25 PM 

DM

Also, we have cleaned up the new freebie list and made it easier to follow for what you are allowed to get. These still require a forum request, with reasonable RP. But they should all fall under the [E]asy category, as explained in the post above this. If you have any questions, let us know!

Requestables by DC Cost

One-Time Free DC Items Per Character (With RP; Within Reason)*
    *State in your Request topic that you want to use your Free one.

Druids
    • Choose 2 (Not the Same Thing Twice):
      • Animal Companion Reskin OR Summon Reskin OR Generic Summon OR Bottled Companion OR PC Skinchanger (Animal) OR PC Skinchanger (Elemental)

Rangers
    • Animal Companion Reskin
    • Summon Reskin OR Generic Summon OR Bottled Companion

Wizards/Sorcerers
    • Familiar/Animal Companion Reskin

Epic Transmutation Caster (with Polymorph or Shapechange Spells Chosen)
    • 2 x Unique PC Skinchangers

Bards/Clerics
    • PLC Spawner OR Item Spawner without Mechanical Powers

Paladins/Barbarians/Fighters/Rogues/Monks
    • Generic Summon OR Bottled Companion
    • PLC Spawner OR Item Spawner without Mechanical Powers

Shifters
    • 3 x Unique Skinchangers

See me DM-side as:

Jes

PostPosted: Fri, May 24 2019, 17:32 PM 

DM

After managing the above for a little while, we decided it was too much micro-managing for the wide array of items that characters can use or want. This, it has been changed to the following:

One-Time Free DC Items Per Character (With RP; Within Reason)
    Any character can receive 2 free items. These still require a written request.
    Max DC Cost: 5 DCs per item

See me DM-side as:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]