View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
lilmarcat

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 03 2019, 4:49 AM 

Player

Welcome to the thread where you (the players) can share your thoughts and feelings on any potential changes that should be included with the change to moving Amia to the Enhanced Edition client.
Whether you agree or disagree with others opinions/suggestions please try to ensure that any posts remain relevant to the topic at hand.

Some notes- EE brings with it preloaded HAKs meaning we can now make changes to base classes from level 1
- Despite the above we are currently not considering adding any more BASE classes for balance reasons. If desired some may come at a later date once current balance issues settle.
-You can request changes to the availability of skills, spells and feats to various classes
- You can request the potential of new feats (and spells!), whether they be class specific or more general in nature
- You can request new PRC's/Prestige classes. See below for some formatting recommendations.
- You cannot request new Spell based Prestige classes with entirely new Spell books. An example of this might be the Mystic (Note that NWN does not support adding new Spell books). This includes the inability to give for example the Assassin a functioning Spell book.
-You can request PRCs that gain spell progression off another Base classes progression, such as how the Pale Master functions.
- Please try to consider not only the scripting limitations of NWN in mind when making recommendations, but also the scripting time such requests would take. It is unlikely that something such as a feat based fully fleshed out Sword sage would ever be worked upon.
- The more fleshed out an idea the better, but is not necessarily needed.

If you have any questions regarding this feel free to poke me on the discord and I or someone else knowledgeable will get back to you quickly

PRC format - please attempt to use something similar or better for ease of readabilityClass name:
Description:
Prereqs: *Feat* and/or *BAB* and/or *Skill points*
Restrictions: *Racial* and/or *Alignment*

BAB Progression: +1 or 3/4 or 1/2
Fort Save: +1/X
Ref. Save: +1/X
Will Save: +1/X
Skill Points: +X
Special Abilities/Feats:
Level 1 =
Level 2 =
ETC...

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 03 2019, 4:57 AM 

DM

Here is an example PRC someone came up for me.

PRC: Escape ArtistDescription: An Escape Artist is a master of getting out of a situation completely unharmed. Their own personal safety is the only thing on their mind.
Prereqs: Dodge
Restrictions: None
Max Levels: 10

BAB Progression: +1/2
Fort Save: + 1/3
Ref. Save: + 1/2 per level
Will Save: + 1/3
Skill Points: 8 + Int
Skills: heal, hide, listen, lore, move silently, persuade, pick pocket, search, spot, tumble
Special Abilities/Feats: Level 1 (Uncanny dodge I), Level 3 (Uncanny dodge II, Evasion), Level 5 (Uncanny dodge III), Level 7 (Uncanny dodge IV, Defensive Roll), Level 9 (Uncanny dodge V, Slippery Mind), Level 10 (Uncanny dodge VI, Improved Evasion)

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 03 2019, 5:07 AM 

Player

I don’t know how feasible it would be, but a refined version of the warlock would be neat. Technically a new base class I guess, but it’s already on the server in a butchered version.

Bull strength for rangers would be neat, and if viable to do then maybe we (the community) should consider adding the NWN2 version where you pick a path and so on.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 03 2019, 5:11 AM 

DM

Yep. That is a real possibility. In fact is it would be really simple considering we already have everything mapped out and built for Warlock. I am going to say that change will happen later though than sooner. While the current version is a bit wanky in how it is set up it is also still locked behind a DM request. If I made it into a base class I would have to come up with a way of enforcing it being DM request only.

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:20 AM 

Player

PRC: Mystic WandererClass name: Mystic Wanderer
Description: Mystic wanderers are divine spellcasters who eschew normal church hierarchies and instead embrace freedom, wanderlust, and independence.
Source: Magic of Faerun p35
Prereqs: Skills: Persuasion 8, Lore 3, Perform 3, Feat: Iron Will, Spellcasting: Able to cast 2nd-level divine spells
Restrictions: Nonlawful

BAB Progression: 3/4
Fort Save: +1/4
Ref. Save: +1/2
Will Save: +1/2
Skill Points: +2
Spells per Day: A mystic wanderer continues to study standard magic as well as pursuing her other studies. Thus, when a new mystic wanderer level is gained, the character
gains new spells per day as if she had also gained a level in a divine spellcasting class she belonged to before becoming a mystic wanderer. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (improved chance of controlling or rebuking undead, and so on). If a character had more than one divine spellcasting class before she became a mystic wanderer, she must decide to which class she adds each level of mystic wanderer for purposes of determining spells per day when she adds the new level. (Full CL progression in 1 divine caster class chosen at selection) Not sure if CL progression is something that even can be done, if it needs all spells to be reworked to add in the parameters for it. If it can't, then I'd suggest upping the BAB to fighter specs so that this becomes more similar to a fighter or divine champion alternative for cleric or druids to tap into, especially given the craft feats and brewing of special potions similar to Master scout crafting.

Special Abilities/Feats:
Level 1 =Glory of the Divine (Su): A mystic wanderer who wears no armor gains a sacred (or profane, if her patron deity is evil) bonus to AC equal to her Charisma bonus (if any). This is already in the game trough divine shield and could maybe be done with tweaking to requirements and duration but the base thingy of Cha to AC is in.
Level 1 = Sleep (Sp): The mystic wanderer can use sleep once per day as a sorcerer equal to her mystic wanderer level plus her highest divine spellcaster level (DC = 11 + Cha
modifier).
Level 2 = Familiar: Beginning at 2nd level, a mystic wanderer can obtain a familiar, just as a sorcerer or wizard can. A mystic wanderer with sorcerer or wizard levels can treat her mystic wanderer levels as sorcerer or wizard levels for determining her familiar’s natural armor, Intelligence, and special abilities.
Level 2 = Lore of Nature: At 2nd level, the mystic wanderer gains a +2 competence bonus on all Profession (herbalist) and Knowledge (nature) checks. This could be replaced with Woodland stride or nature sense from the druid class since they are feats/class features already in the game.
Level 3 = Resist Charm: Beginning at 3rd level, the mystic wanderer gains a +2 sacred (or profane, if her patron deity is evil) bonus on saving throws against enchantment (charm) effects. Could be changed to Hardiness vs. enchantments from the elf and half-elf subraces, as it's almost the same thing and also already in game.
Level 3 = Scribe Scroll. Using this as a replacement for gem magic as it's not a thing that's implemented on Amia but basically does the same thing.
Level 4 = Brew Potion: The mystic wanderer gains the Brew Potion feat at 4th level.
Level 5 = Suggestion (Sp): At 5th level, the mystic wanderer can use suggestion once per day as a sorcerer equal to her mystic wanderer level plus her highest divine spellcaster level (DC = 13 + Cha modifier). Since we don't have suggestion, could be replaced with charm person, which is already in the game.
Level 6 = Greater Brew Potion: Here supposed to get access to ALL arcane level 1 spells for potion brewing only. Suggest instead implementing this as a craft thingy similar to master scouts. I.E Brew a set of potions with a longer duration than most you can buy OR some of Amia's unique ones tied to the Job system.
Level 7 = Charm Monster (Sp): At 7th level, the mystic wanderer can use charm monster once per day as a sorcerer equal to her mystic wanderer level plus her highest divine spellcaster level (DC = 14 + Cha modifier).
Level 8 = Greater Brew Potion II: Further progression/expanded potion craft list.
Level 9 = Mass Charm (Sp): The 9th-level mystic wanderer can use mass charm once per day as a sorcerer whose level is equal to her mystic wanderer level plus her highest divine spellcaster level (DC = 18 + Cha modifier).
Level 10 = Greater Brew Potion III: Further progression/expanded potion craft list.
Level 10 = Timeless Body: After achieving 10th level, a mystic wanderer no longer suffers ability penalties for aging (see the Player’s Handbook, Table 6–5: Aging Effects, page
93) and cannot be magically aged. Any penalties she may have already suffered, however, remain in place. Bonuses still accrue, and the mystic wanderer still dies of old age when her time is up. This is the same as the Druid feat gained in pnp. Doesn't do anything on Amia, but is a nice RP flavor thing.

Something like this seems like it could give some added variety to divine class based builds, especially for caster clerics.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 03 2019, 11:39 AM 

Player

Quote:
Class name: Duelist
Description: https://nwn2.fandom.com/wiki/Duelist
Prereqs:
- Base attack bonus: +6
- Parry 5 ranks, tumble 5 ranks
- Dodge, mobility, weapon finesse

Restrictions: None.

BAB Progression: +1
Fort Save: Low progression (same as rogue / weapon master)
Ref. Save: High progression (same as rogue / weapon master)
Will Save: Low progression (same as rogue / weapon master)
Skill Points: 4 + 1 mod

Special Abilities/Feats:
Level 1 = Canny defense
Level 2 = Improved reaction X1
Level 3 = Enhanced mobility
Level 4 = Improved reaction X2, Grace
Level 5 = Precise strike +1d6
Level 6 = Improved reaction X3, Flourish
Level 7 = Elaborate parry
Level 8 = Improved reaction X4
Level 9 = Deflect arrows
Level 10= Improved reaction X5, precise strike +2d6

How it could be implemented with as little fiddling as possible:

* Canny Defense could be made via request, by having special non-tradable requestable duelist-only weapons that would have deflection bonuses above the normal limit for it. For example, a duelist character reaching its max level could request a rapier / dagger with +10 deflection AC (if they have an int modifier of +5). We could even have pre-balanced variations of pre-made weapons at the ready.

* Improved reaction could very well just be gaining Blinding Speed as a free feat (or on an item).

* Free Mobility feat..

* Grace gives +2 reflex. This can be given on that same rapier / dagger weapon when fully maxed as a bonus that does not count towards max weapon power level. AKA, this would be on the pre-balanced requestable non-tradable duelist-only weapons.

* Precise strike.. same. Put that on a weapon as an extra damage bonus on request-only weapons when they reach max level. Having all of the duelist bonuses on the same weapon/weapons will make this easier to keep track of in case of rebuild.

* Flourish.. This will require scripting I think.

* Elaborate parry - who cares...

* Deflect arrow - simple enough. Either script to give it, or put that on the requestable weapons.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 03 2019, 12:24 PM 

Player

Evasion and Improved Evasion for Rangers.

Something regarding Crossbows and Rogues, or Rogues and MS even. Really just something to make a Crossbow worthwhile and create another good ranged class aside from AA.

Make Palemasters give proper CL and Spellslots. Maybe every odd level, anything is better than what it is right now.

A bit of a revamp of Animal Companions. (Aka: Let me use something else as a Badger.. Please...)

TAKE THE AUTO DISARM OF TRAPS OFF OF DEATH SLAAD FORM REEEEEEEEE

An idea for unarmed monks: Give level 20 (Or even higher, idk) Monks an always active enhancement +5 On Unarmed attacks. I think that might make them just a *BIT* more viable, but please do discuss about that or tell me why I'm wrong.

Just some ideas, take them as that. :mrgreen:

Galenson

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 03 2019, 13:37 PM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

Suggested Feats:

Suggested Feat: Tunnel FighterDescription: Subterranean races are adept at thriving in underground environments with poor light and manoeuvrability. As a result, they receive +1 to their attack rolls and +1 to spot and search checks whilst in subterranean areas.
Prereqs: Nil
Restrictions: Drow, Dwarf (Duergar, Gold Dwarf, Shield Dwarf), Goblin, Half Drow, Half Orc, Kobold, Orog, Svirfneblin

Original Source: Forgotten Realms: Underdark. Page 27

PnP Note: The PnP Tunnelfighter feat reduces the penalties for fighting in cramped spaces. This mechanic doesn't exist in NWN so it seemed more appropriate to use this as a "reversal" of daylight blindness.

Suggested Feat: Disciple of DarknessDescription: The character formally supplicates themselves to an evil patron. In return for his or her obedience, the character gains +1 to all saving throws and attack rolls against good aligned creatures.
Restrictions: Evil

Original Source: Disciple of Darkness and Thrall to Demon feats from the Book of Vile Darkness, pages 49 – 50.

PnP Note: There are multiple feats in PnP that portray a character giving up their service to a particular evil entity. Considering they all do the same thing, it would be easier to just have a blanket feat to cover them all.

The above mentioned feats give a +1 luck bonus to a roll of the player's choosing once per day / long rest. That works in PnP, but not in NWN.

Suggested Feat: Servant of the HeavensDescription: The character has sworn allegiance to an entity in the heavens. In return for his or her allegiance, the character gains +1 to all saving throws and attack rolls against evil aligned creatures.
Restrictions: Good

Original Source: Book of Exalted Deeds page 49.

PnP Note: There are multiple feats in PnP that portray a character serving a heavenly being. Considering they all do the same thing, it would be easier to just have a blanket feat to cover them all.

The above mentioned feats give a +1 luck bonus to a roll of the player's choosing when conducting a good deed. That works in PnP, but not in NWN.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 03 2019, 16:17 PM 

DM

As a heads up it is much, much easier on my end to implement classes that use a lot of the base games feats, etc already in place. Suggestions with minimal custom feats are definitely optimal.

Falling Spider

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 03 2019, 16:29 PM 

Player

Mystic theurge possible? (Divine + Arcane progression)

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 03 2019, 16:31 PM 

Player

Falling Spider wrote:
Mystic theurge possible? (Divine + Arcane progression)

I don't believe so. 2da mechanical limitations

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 03 2019, 16:54 PM 

DM

The only way something like that would be possible is if we built all of the feats and spells from scratch. Which is something that I don't have time to do. Unfortunately NWN has a lot of variables that are hard-coded into the engine that we cannot touch or alter no matter what tools we have.

For reference, the Warlock code for all of the widgets runs 10k lines of code. That was the level of coding that was required to make most of its unique abilities.

Falling Spider

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 03 2019, 18:48 PM 

Player

Weird. Seen it elsewhere. Must be an nwnx thing.

Kronox

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 04 2019, 17:57 PM 

Player

I think adjusting the Ranger class to be more in line with 3.5 would be a great fix. Basically implementing this. (I know it's not as easy as just adding the Hak, but I linked it for reference)

Both fortitude and reflex as primary saving throws
d8 hit die instead of d10
6 skill points per level instead of 4
No longer given medium armor proficiency
Dual-wield at level 2 instead of at level 1, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting at level 6 instead of level 9
Woodland Stride at level 7, evasion at level 9
Hide in plain sight at level 17 (outside only)
Improved spell list

Depending on how deep we wanted to go with it, I know Arelith lets you choose the TWF path OR the Archery path, which would also be cool. Instead of Ambidex/ITWF, giving Point Blank Shot and Rapid Shot.

I also think adding a few options for Monk weapons would be good for the server and make use of some weapons that are never used. Clubs to be emulated as Tonfa or Nunchaku are thematic. We have Quarterstaff already, so Spear wouldn't be too crazy either. Things like that.

Guardian

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 04 2019, 18:30 PM 

Player

This needs to be a thing on Amia EE.

Please?

Grey Guard

=========
Obsidian (inactive)

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 04 2019, 18:33 PM 

Player

Guardian wrote:
This needs to be a thing on Amia EE.

Please?

Grey Guard

Oh yes please! :D

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 04 2019, 19:36 PM 

Player

Grey guards are both rare and rather lacking in unique mechanics compared to a normal Paladin. Most of the grey guard abilities tend to be rp flair. As such they'd probably better serve as a requestable PRC using the Paladin class then a added/scripted PRC. IMO

Kiasyd

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 04 2019, 19:43 PM 

Player

Not sure how viable they are, and likely not implemented right away, but there are two systems I have liked on other servers I have been on that I think are interesting.

1. One-time Exploration Xp Bonus. When a character enters a new area for the first time, they get a small bonus to their xp for exploring; the next time they enter nothing happens, new areas only. Encourages people to see the server and not just get comfortable / static in one area.

2. Roleplay Xp Bonus. This is something Arelith does do that I like and not sure how others feel about it. When actively roleplaying character gets a small xp bonus / time spent roleplaying. Encourages roleplay as well as hunting / exploring new areas.

Edite: I am also interested in seeing expanded available subraces. Human types and others.

Ilharess Tal'afay Tinnerai of Eilistraee
Nithlyvia Shadowflame, Absent-Minded Spellblade

Last edited by Kiasyd on Thu, Apr 04 2019, 19:46 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Guardian

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 04 2019, 19:46 PM 

Player

lilmarcat wrote:
Grey guards are both rare and rather lacking in unique mechanics compared to a normal Paladin. Most of the grey guard abilities tend to be rp flair. As such they'd probably better serve as a requestable PRC using the Paladin class then a added/scripted PRC. IMO

Completely agreed.

Nontheless, it's going to be my first request on EE if I ever make a new character there. That PrC is just way too cool to pass.

=========
Obsidian (inactive)

Kronox

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 05 2019, 3:42 AM 

Player

Sacred FistClass name: Sacred Fist
Description: "Sacred fists are independent organizations found within many temples." -Complete Divine Variant pg 59
Prereqs: BAB:+4
Skills: Knowledge (religion) 8 ranks (Lore 8?)
Feats: Combat Casting, Combat Reflexes (Dodge?) , Improved Unarmed Strike , Stunning Fist
Spells: Able to cast 1st-level divine spells. (While typically Cleric, Druids are also applicable)
Restrictions: None!

HP: d8
Fort Save: +1/2
Ref. Save: +1/2
Will Save: +1/3
Skill Points: +4

Special Abilities/Feats:
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Sacred fists gain no proficiency with any weapons, armor, or shields.

AC Bonus (Ex): A sacred fist is highly trained at dodging blows, and he has a sixth sense that lets him avoid even unanticipated attacks. When unencumbered and wearing light or no armor, a sacred fist gains a +1 bonus to his AC. This bonus increases to +2 at 5th level and to +3 at 10th. This bonus to AC applies even against touch attacks or when the sacred fist is flat-footed. He loses the bonus when he is immobilized or helpless, when he wears any armor heavier than light armor, when he carries a shield, or when he carries a medium or heavy load.

Spells per Day/Spells Known: When a new sacred fist level is gained, the character gains new spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) as if he had also gained a level in whatever divine spellcasting class he possessed before he added the prestige class. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (improved chance of controlling or rebuking undead, wild shape ability, and so on). This essentially means that he adds the level of sacred fist to the level of whatever other spellcasting class the character has, then determines spells per day accordingly.

If a character had more than one spellcasting class in which he could cast divine spells before he became a sacred fist, the player must decide which class to assign each level of sacred fist for the purpose of determining spells per day and spells known.

(Note: The text says every level, but the Table and the class in NWN2 has it 3/4 levels, so I imagine the intent was 3/4 caster progression)

Unarmed Damage (Ex): A sacred fist's class levels stack with his monk levels (if any) for the purpose of determining his unarmed damage. If a sacred fist doesn't have monk levels prior to becoming a sacred fist, treat him as a monk of the same class level as his sacred fist class level for determining his unarmed damage.

Fast Movement (Ex): At 3rd level, a sacred fist gains an enhancement bonus to his speed. A sacred fist in medium or heavy armor or carrying a medium or heavy load loses this extra speed.

Sacred Flames (Su): At 4th level, a sacred fist may use a standard action to invoke sacred flames around his hands and feet. These flames add to the sacred fist's unarmed damage. The additional damage is equal to the sacred fist's class level plus his Wisdom modifier (if any). Half the damage is fire damage (round up), and the rest is sacred energy and thus not subject to effects that reduce fire damage. The sacred flames last 1 minute and can be invoked once per day. At 8th level, a sacred fist can invoke sacred flames twice per day.
(Note: I imagine this can be done similarly to DC's Purge Infidel)

Blindsense (Su): A 6th-level sacred fist gains sensitivity to vibrations, scent, and noise, granting him blindsense out to 10 feet.
(Note: In NWN2, this is replaced by Uncanny Dodge which I wholly support)

Inner Armor (Ex): At 10th level, a sacred fist's inner tranquility protects him from external threats. He may invoke a +4 sacred bonus to AC, a +4 sacred bonus on all saves, and spell resistance 25 for a number of rounds equal to his Wisdom modifier. He may use inner armor once per day.

I believe this follows all the guidelines and is doable. Thoughts?

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 05 2019, 4:20 AM 

Player

I'm not entirely sure we can use a PRC to increase your effective Monk level for some of these features (such as Unarmed damage die). The PRC is definitely a good classic. We could probably make our own variant of it though that comes close. Some of the features need some minor improvements to bring them in line with the rest of the server aswell.

Sorry for hiding this under my next post!

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 05 2019, 4:20 AM 

Player

The following is all my own personal recommendations/opinions as a player, not the Dev teams as a whole

ForewordThe following is a rather long list of changes that is designed to only minimally increase the top end of the power of the server (AKA Power builds) whilst buffing up the weaker end and providing more choices to the player to better define their character concept. It is also designed to promote the equality of pure classing vs the current necessity of multi classing in terms of power building. A very simple example of this is a level 30 Wizard vs a 29 Wizard/1 Ranger.

Overall these changes are designed to all characters currently viable whilst promoting new potential avenues. With the minor exception of some necessary subrace changes detailed further below. Do remember that even with these changes Pure classes still often suffer in saves due to the 1st level bonus in a new class pre 20.

Skill availabilityThe crux of many powerbuilding issues often resolves around the availability of 3 key skills, Tumble, UMD and Discipline and too a lesser extent Spellcraft (mainly as Spellcraft is already on most relevant Classes). Much of this whole issue stems from people being able to hold on to Skill points and dump them at any level. This in many ways is ingrained into our servers culture and its not my intent to really change that or create a ruling on it.

Discipline, Tumble and UMD - Added to ALL classes.

Base classes
BarbarianIn mostly a good place with its current custom changes except Level 25+

Level 30: Bonus feat
Rage changes - remove all current caps
- change per 8 (8/16/24) to per 7 (7/14/21/28)

BardAgain in a good spot. Just missing a cap. Also epic spell progression! Detailed below.

Level 30: IF POSSIBLE +1 BAB to bring them to 4 Attacks per round, 1 Bonus Feat
Epic spells per day progression

ClericSame as the Bard, though new skills

DruidAgain very similar. Minor D-shape change below

FighterPassive stacking bonuses give the Fighter some much needed pure classing love after feat fatigue sets in. Back loaded to prevent too much Fighter/WM synergy

+1 Passive Damage increase at - 11/15/19/23/27/30
+1 Passive Attack Bonus at - 17/25/29/30
+1 Passive Armor class - 13/21/29/30
Bonus feats added - Evasion, Improved Evasion, Defensive roll
(Note - Evasion becomes available after 9. Imp. Evasion and Defensive roll require Evasion. All 3 require a Bonus feat slot.)

MonkThe monk now gains the ability to get Epic Dodge without multiclassing. Improved Ki strike is more a quality of life feature then a real buff. The bonus feats bring it up to the now normal 4 bonus feats in epic.

Wholeness of Body changed to 5 turn cooldown. Heal total level * 6 + (Monk + Shifter level) * 6
Level 17: Defensive Roll
Level 21: Improved Ki strike 4
Level 22: Bonus Feat
Level 26: Improved Ki Strike 5
Level 28: Bonus Feat
Level 30: IF POSSIBLE +1 BAB to bring them to 4ish Attacks per round, else nothing (already gets 1 Bonus feat here)

PaladinThe addition of skills (tumble/umd) will reduce peoples desire for Paladin/Rogues. The Epic spell progression will help promote a difference between 30 Paladin vs 23Paladin/X/X.

Level 30: Bonus Feat

RangerIn need of some much love. Most of this love is coming from the SRD and extends to being able to pickup Epic Dodge. Ranger needs no love at the later end, especially after the skill additions
Primary saving throws: Fortitude AND REFLEX
Skill points per level: Increased from 4 to 6
Level 7: Woodland Stride
Level 9: Evasion
Level 11: Defensive Roll
Level 16: Improved Evasion
Level 17: HIPS
Spells added - Barkskin, Bulls strength, Endurance

RogueOur final class to pick up HIPS. Only fair considering the addition of a lot of its skills to others now. And the usual Bonus feat re-balance.

Level 22: HIPS
Level 26: Bonus Feat

SorcererSome much needed love to bring them a little more into line with Wizards. In addition to also benefiting from more Spells known into Epic levels. The Sorcerers Spells KNOWN rate is doubled between 1-10, doesn't move between 11-20, then continues into 21-30. This is primarily to help benefit Sorcerers multi classing but also serves to leave Sorcerers on the same levelling power as Wizards/Clerics in regards to using Spell slots on items when levelling.

Level 10: Bonus Feat
Level 15: Bonus Feat
Level 20: Bonus Feat
Modified Spells known progression, including Epic Progression

WizardSame as most other casters.

PRCs!
Caster notesSpells in NWN are generally defined through 4 ways.
Spells known, specifically for Sorcerers and Bards. These cannot be affected through Prestige classes
Spells per day - How many spells of a spell slot you gain per day
Caster Level / Spell power - How effective a spell is, usually in terms of damage. (Eg. Level 5 Wizards fireball does 5d6. Level 10 Wizards does 10d6). This can be scripted on as a bonus for PRCs
Spell penetration - The ability to bypass Spell penetration. I don't currently believe this can be scripted on for PRCs as a constant. To help PRCs with this I am using the normal 3 Spell penetration feats. If a scripter can whip up alternative feats we could use those instead.

Pre post edit - After realising how long this whole post is I wont include specifics on Epic spell progression. Just note that we can increase them into Epic levels similar to how they work pre-epic

Arcane ArcherGreat as it is in it's own niche. Some minor arcane love. Doesn't really need the bonus feat split re balance on top

Level 20: Bonus feat
Spells per day level 1 / 3
Effective caster level 1 / 3

AssassinSome love with HIPS as per normal d20srd and a feat rebalance to bring it in line

Level 8: HIPS
Level: 13 Bonus Feat
Level 14: Bonus feat REMOVED
Level 16: Bonus Feat
Level 18: Bonus feat REMOVED
Level 19: Bonus Feat

BlackguardsSome much needed quality of life features mostly. More love can be given through spell widgets if needed.

Prerequisites - Hide removed. Cleave removed. Left only at 6 BAB and Any Evil.
Level 15: Epic Fiendish Servant
Bonus feat list - Crippling strike added.

Divine ChampionUsual epic feat rebalance. Divine wrath improvements. Spell widgets (similar to Blackguards)

Level 13: Bonus Feat
Level 14: Bonus feat REMOVED
Level 18: Bonus Feat REMOVED
Divine wrath - changed to cooldown based similar to RDD breath. Soak changed to X/+7
Bonus feat list - Weapon spec., Divine Might, Divine Shield, Extra turning added.

Weapon MasterHard to balance.

Bonus feat list - Weapon Spec, Epic weapon Spec added.

Pale MasterMostly in need of some caster love. A lot of summons need an overhaul but that isn't HAK dependant. Spell penetration feats help put them in line with normal casters for penetration up to level 12 at 1/2 Caster level effectiveness

Level 4: Spell Penetration
Level 8: Greater Spell penetration
Level 12: Epic Spell penetration
Effective Caster Level 1 per 2 for Non-Necromancy school spells
Additional 1 Caster Level at 11, 14, 17, 20. (10 Wizard / 20PM would be at 24th caster level for Non necro)
Epic spell Dragon Knight Dracolich variant added for PM only. (Necromancy school)

ShifterNot too much immediate love here because a Shifter overhaul is not playerside HAK dependant (in regards to the forms stats.) Change separates the class from the Druid but this doesn't prevent you from still building as one.

Prerequisities changed to simply Strong Soul feat (only selectable at Level 1)
Level 8: Wholeness of body added (See monk for change)

Dwarven DefenderEpic feat rebalance and quality of life change to Defensive stance

Level 13: Bonus Feat
Level 14: Bonus Feat REMOVED
Level 18: Bonus Feat REMOVED
Level 20: Damage reduction 15/-
Defensive stance changed to unlimited times per day. Toggle off/on combat mode. 90% speed decrease.

Master Scout and Knight CommanderNothing at all!

General Feat changes
ScriptsPower attack = -3AB / +5DMG
Improved Power attack = -5AB / +10DMG
Devastating critical = DC lowered to 5 (from 10) + 1/2 level + STR. Add 2 damage on hit always (same as Weapon Spec.)
Dev Crits DC currently sits a little too high especially after the consideration it doesn't include Spellcrafts saves.

AvailabilityDragon Shape - WIS lowered to 29 (from 30)
This puts it in line with all the other Epic feats that all sit on odd numbers acts as a HUGE quality of life change for non-WIS bonuses races. For Mulan/Aasimar it acts as a potential trade off of 1 WIS mod vs another feat making it not too great a balancing issue.
Evasion - Requires 9 Fighter. Only Fighter has to select this. All other relevant classes get it for free.
Improved Evasion - Requires Evasion (will only affect Fighters)
Defensive Roll - Requires Evasion (will only affect Fighters)

Subraces

Your almost done reading!Noticeably all these changes revolve around a character being Level 30. With these changes ECL gets negatively effected more so then current. As such I suggest removing ECL from all races with a few small changes and few small buffs for those underperforming

Drow - SR lowered to 1 + Level, CHA/INT lowered to +1
Svirfneblin - SR lowered to 1 + Level, Dodge AC removed
Strongheart - Dodge AC and Discipline removed
Ogrillion - Natural AC increased to 4. Your a monster, your allowed to have decent stat combos.
Orog - Dodge Ac removed
Damaran - STR raised to -1
Halruaan - CON raised to -1
Shadovar - CON raised to -1
Aasimar - WIS lowered to 1. This puts it in line with Mulan/Ffolk for Dragonshape/Shifters
Feytouched - No change. Specific weapons can be added if they prove a problem.
Tiefling - DEX lowered to 1

If you made it this far, thanks for reading! Hopefully I didn't bore you too much and let me know what you all think.

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 05 2019, 6:01 AM 

Player

*Coughs* I forgot to add Dwarven weapon proficiency's

Angelis96

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 05 2019, 6:08 AM 

Player

Personally a tad biased but I would like to nominate Blighter as an eventual PrC. It was something that also took interest in a few DMs when I made my PrC request but at the time it wasn't able to be considered. Now though it is.

Source Material: http://dnd.arkalseif.info/classes/blighter/index.html

Class Name: Blighter
Description: A Blighter is a former druid that has been renounced from their patron diety. Either by choice or against their will and have taken back their divine connection in a maleformed and twisted variation by taking that divine power from the life and energy within nature itself.
Prereq: levels in druid (Although given this was taken so poorely by the DM team even though druid levels are directly used in the class's calculations for DCs in spells I could also suggest levels in wizard/sorc/bard given the close relative look to arcanist spells)
+4 BAB
Restrictions: Any non good alignment

BAB progression: 2/3 (in the link it is +1 but I am suggesting it be lowered for balance reasons)
Fort save: .5/level
Reflex save: .33/level
Will save: .5/level
Special abilities, feats:

Plague (Su): At 10th level and higher, a blighter can spread disease over a large area. This ability functions like the contagious touch ability, except that no attack roll is required and it affects all targets the blighter designates within a 20-foot radius. Plague is usable once per day.

Undead Wild Shape (Sp): At 3rd level, the blighter gains a version of the wild shape ability. Undead wild shape functions like the druid’s wild shape ability, except that the blighter adds the skeleton template to the animal form he chooses to transform into. (forms for debate and balancing)

Animate Dead Animal (Sp): This ability, gained at 6th level, functions like an animate dead spell, except that it affects only corpses of animal creatures and requires no material component. It is usable once per day.

Contagious Touch (Su): At 5th level and higher, a blighter can produce an effect like that of a contagious touch spell once per day. She gains one extra use per day of this ability for every two additional blighter levels she acquires.

Blightfire (Su): Starting at 2nd level, as a standard action, a blighter can unleash a scorching blast of fire. This effect deals 5d6 points of fire damage to all creatures within 10 feet (Reflex half; save DC is 10 + blighter’s class level + blighter’s Wis modifier) and ignites flammable objects it touches. Blighters delight in starting wildfires and often use this ability to do so.

Unbond (Sp): Beginning at 8th level, a blighter can temporarily separate a bonded animal or magical beast (such as an animal companion, familiar, or mount) from its master once per day. The target creature must be within 40 feet of both its master and the blighter. If the master fails a Will save (DC 10 + blighter level + blighter’s Wis modifier), the bond terminates as if the servitor had died, though this does not cause experience loss in the case of a familiar. Normally hostile creatures attack their masters but are otherwise unaffected. The bond returns after 1 minute per blighter level, restoring all benefits. Alternatively, the master can regain the servitor through the normal methods of acquisition.

Guardian

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 05 2019, 6:37 AM 

Player

lilmarcat wrote:
Skill availability

The crux of many powerbuilding issues often resolves around the availability of 3 key skills, Tumble, UMD and Discipline and too a lesser extent Spellcraft (mainly as Spellcraft is already on most relevant Classes). Much of this whole issue stems from people being able to hold on to Skill points and dump them at any level. This in many ways is ingrained into our servers culture and its not my intent to really change that or create a ruling on it.

Discipline, Tumble and UMD - Added to ALL classes.

This. It'd solve my nemesis problem I have with skill dumps.

No more level 1 rogues, monks and bards. Ciao!

YES PLEASE!

=========
Obsidian (inactive)

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 05 2019, 7:16 AM 

Player

I don't think UMD should be on there. Tumble anddusc? Maybe. But UMD is, in my mind, almost a rogue specific bonus. (rogues and bards, at least) And with Evasion and tumble coming from a lot more, it means the main reason to dump rogue (or the only, next to sneak attacks) is UMD. There should be, in my opinion, certain class specific bonuses. If you want UMD, dump for it, just like you might dump for spellcraft, taunt, or any number of other skills that are useful to certain classes.

Or should be give every first level class epic spell focus as a bonus feat, because ranger does it? Or meddle with the DC bonus feats, to make them less useful. Personally, yes, it's cool if pureclass options are there, I'm just afraid that it would turn into "pureclass only". Getting a bonus feat at 30, fist of all, makes all ECL classes a lot worse, but also stifles diversity. After all, a skill dump was requured to be RP'd. But as you're showing it, a skill dump would now make a build worse, not improve it with flavor and extra abilities. Why would I take anything other than 30 Cleric, when I can melee just as well as a "battlecleric", but with more spells (including offensive ones)? Yeah, they're a bit feat-tight, but it's simple enough to pull off. You basically lose KD and ImpCrit. Gain spell slots for it, and have zero point in going anything but 30 Cleric. This basically extends to all casters. There's little point in going anything besides the full 30, because whatever you'd usually use the 6 or 7 other levels on isn't going to be worth the bonuses for extra spells. Why should a bard with no fighter be just as good at fighting at the 25/5 version?

Guardian

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 05 2019, 7:57 AM 

Player

Yeah, I'm kinda ... confused by your post, but let's leave it.

The main argument should be why a character with level 1 rogue should be as good at tumbling as level 30 rogue. Makes no sense, right? Why a mage with 1 level of ranger should be as disciplined as level 30 ranger.

Skill dumping is BS. Period. It's not about diversity, it's not about flavour, it's purely about mechanical advantage. PURELY.

So there is either a solution lil'cat proposed, which I personally like, or there is another solution I like even more - block skill points saving. You gotta spend them when you get them.

=========
Obsidian (inactive)

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 05 2019, 8:52 AM 

Player

Well, I probably didn't word my post very well... First part is about UMD, and how I don't think UMD should be availible to all. Tumble and disc? Yeah. But especially with pureclass giving you good benefits, it's something that is restricted to certain classes, and you actually lose something by going for it. And it really isn't neccessary for survival. Is it handy? Hell yeah. But I've had very few builds that couldn't manage without it. None, if you assume that haste (10) potions are possible to buy in bulk from mages.

The other thing is splashing a class for its benefits. (Most often, fighter for some extra BAB and feats) That's flavor. You want to have a character that's good at fighting -and- buffing a party? Go Bard/Fighter. You want a straight-up buffer who can somewhat hold his own? Go 30 Bard. With the proposed changes, there's little point going for a fighter dump. You get the same BAB with pure Bard as you do with Bard/Fighter. The three feats are a nice luxury to have, but not neccessary. Same goes for clerics. I don't know Druids enoguht o judge there, and pureclass monks would actually be cool, and they are a martial class, so I feel like they could actually use it.
But clerics and Bards aren't really front-line fighters. And the only thing stopping them from becoming ones is the one attack. (Yes, the can without the one attack, but it's less strong) Hell, even Divine Strength was nerfed, exactly to make Clerics not absolutely badass at both melee -and- magic. They have to choose one. And the AB is a large part of that choice. I really don't think Bards and Clerics should get the free attack.

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 05 2019, 9:53 AM 

Player

Heres some examples of powerbuilds for comparison under my new changes. Assuming 1 Epic caster level = 1 spell for day.

30 Cleric vs 23 Cleric / 6 COT / 1 Fighter (16/3/1 pre epic)
7 Caster levels, 7 Spells per day, 1 Bonus epic feat vs 2 Bonus preepic feats, Divine Wrath, access to Weapon Spec., 6 Fort, 5 Reflex, 2 Will save
Additionally most spells after level 21 tend to stop gaining power

30 Bard vs 25 Bard/5KC
5 Caster levels, 5 Spells per day, +7 Bard song, 1 reflex, 1 non wasted preepic feat, 3 bonus Epic feats vs +6 Bard song, full suite of KC abilities, 3 Fort, 2 will, full armor and martial proficiencies

30 Fighter vs 1Rogue/29 Fighter
1 BAB, 1AB, 1DMG, 1AC, 1 Bonus Epic feat, 1 Fort vs 2 Reflex, 24 skill points, 1d6 sneak attack, Disable traps DC>34.
The Fighter probably wins here I'm just using this example to help point out the Rogue has a whopping 8 base skill points, sneak attack as a base class and hidden little feature regarding being the only one capable of disabling traps of DC35+. Additionally with the changes to Improved Evasion/Defensive roll you can now pick up both as early as 2Rogue/2Fighter (in that order) if so desired.

Looking at Druids. Pure Druids currently suck, atleast compared to dipping Monk (which has perfect saves if your dipping preepic for some reason) due to UBAB. Even post change my Druids 28Druid/1Monk/1Fighter would come out ahead, but only slightly now.

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 05 2019, 10:39 AM 

Player

I'd agree with the first two, I forgot that DC and KC exist. It still means fighter is a somewhat meh class to dip into, in those circumstances, but it opens up more avenues than locking the old ones, now that I read through the ideas a dozen more times.

I'll disagree with rogue. The benefit of disarming traps of DC 36 and higher is useless. You're out of combat anyway, when you're disarming traps, which means you usually take 20 and can gear for the disarm attempt. And at that point, you can recover any trap of any DC. The only exceptions are either traps that couldn't be recovered, but can be disarmed (which I've never heard of, and I doubt a DM is going to beat players over the head if the ranger/MS trapper with trapper job and triple-digit trap skills is trying to destroy a trap that physically couldn't be recovered, like, say, a hole in the ground with spikes at the bottom, and some form of tarp over it...) The other exception would be traps of such high DCs that the +10 DC difference really does something. In which case... You need to be a dedicated rogue trapper, and ESF would make the difference, etc, etc, etc. It's effectively a "rogues who don't want to use traps themselves get to not step on traps for 10 DC easier". and few people ever care about that.
I do think giving UMD to rogues (and bards, and assassins, if you want to keep it somewhat closer to base NWN) helps making rogues a bit more unique. And very few classes/builds can't survive without UMD. It's just enough of a luxury that people want to have it. So I'd suggest either keeping UMD as it is, and let people decide whether it's worth losing the bonuses of going higher into their class, to 30, and getting feats, BAB, and a few other bonuses, or whether they want the easier route and going for UMD, losing out on level 30 goodness.
The second option I'd propose, that might be a bit less harsh, would be to give UMD to all classes, but as cross-class-skills. The 10-15 points you need to use buffing items are trivial to get for a rogue, but are a bit tougher to take on any other class. It still rewards rogues, but doesn't lock pure-classed characters out of buffs.

After all, UMD is mostly a "jack-of-all-trades" thing. It's what makes rogues rogues, in my mind. Item restrictions exist, and rogues are so well-versed in using them, they can use all kinds of stuff. But why would a wizard know how to use a divine wand? If we're saying that, I'd even prefer to axe item restrictions entirely, and give everyone free access to all items. After all, if everyone's special, that's just another way of saying no-one is.
so why should I pay to not be special?

Jes

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 05 2019, 10:47 AM 

DM

While we appreciate the fervor behind your balance change suggestions, Lilmarcat, this is meant to be a thread for suggesting new PRCs. We're not going to be doing big balance changes at this time, and it really probably should have been in its own topic.

So please stick with the Prestige Classes, guys! I can split the posts into a new one if you guys want to keep discussing potential future balance change ideas.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Budly

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 05 2019, 10:51 AM 

Player

I would love to see the Favoured Soul and Arch Mage.

Galenson

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 12:07 PM 

Player

Suggested Prestige Classes:

Suggested Prestige Class: Guild ThiefClass name: Guild Thief
Original PnP Source: Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, Page 45.
Description: Guild Thieves are thieves who operate in urban areas, often controlling and manipulating all organised crime in their home cities. Enforcers, Bounty Hunters, Spies, Con Artists, Thieves... all have their place and use to the guild. As a result, the walks of life that brought the individual to the Guild are as varied as the Guild Thieves themselves.
Prereqs: Hide 8 Ranks, Intimidate 4 Ranks, Move Silently 4 Ranks

Class Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Craft Armour, Craft Weapon, Disable Device, Hide, Intimidate, Lore, Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Parry, Persuasion, Pick Pocket, Search, Spot

Hit Die: d6
Fort Save: Same as Rogue
Ref. Save: Same as Rogue
Will Save: Same as Rogue
Skill Points: 6 + Int Modifier
Special Abilities/Feats:

(Note that Guild Thief only has 5 levels as per default Purple Dragon Knight and Harper Scout prestige classes)

Level 1 = Sneak Attack (1d6), Skill Focus: Bluff

Level 2 = Uncanny Dodge I, Guild Thief Bonus Feat

Level 3 = Sneak Attack (2d6), Alertness

Level 4 = Guild Thief Bonus Feat, Lightning Reflexes

Level 5 = Sneak Attack (3d6), Uncanny Dodge II, Stealthy

Guild Thief Bonus Feat List:

Blind Fight
Dirty Fighting
Dodge
Resist Poison
Weapon Finesse
Weapon Focus
Weapon Proficiency (exotic)
Weapon Proficiency (martial)

PnP Notes:

The Guild Thief class incorporates the Reputation Feat which boosts Leadership scores. This doesn't exist in NWN so I've replaced Reputation with the feats Alertness, Stealthy and Lightning Reflexes.

Suggested Prestige Class: Horde BreakerClass name: Horde Breaker
PnP Original Source: Forgotten Realms supplement: the Silver Marches. Pages 111 - 112
Description: Many folk throughout Faerun harbour a special hatred for the tribes and hordes of Humanoids that constantly threaten to destroy the civilised way of life. This antipathy is sometimes so great that for some it becomes an obsession, that there is no greater danger to the world then the ever-growing horde menace and that its up to them to fight it. As a result, these Horde Breakers make the destruction of these horde races their life's work.
Prereqs: Base Attack Bonus +5, Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Lore +4, Spot +4

Class Skills: Discipline, Intimidate, Lore, Parry, Search, Spot,

Hit Die: d10
Fort Save: Same as Fighter
Ref. Save: Same as Fighter
Will Save: Same as Fighter
Skill Points: 2 + Int Modifier
Special Abilities/Feats:

(Note that Horde Breaker only has 5 levels as per default Purple Dragon Knight and Harper Scout prestige classes)

Level 1 = Favoured Enemy (Goblinoids), Skill Focus: Lore

Level 2 = Defensive Stance, Toughness

Level 3 = Favoured Enemy (Orcs)

Level 4 = (Additional Defensive Stance use)
Level 5 = Favoured Enemy (Monstrous)

PnP Notes: The Horde Breaker's Hold the Line and Tough to Kill feats don't necessarily work as written on NWN, so instead I've substituted this for the Toughness Feat at level 2.

The Horde Breaker's anvil of doom feat is also identical to the Dwarven Defender's Defensive Stance. I made the decision to give Defensive stance at level 2 so that the class can have two uses / day of defensive stance rather then just 1 at level 5.

Also note, that it may sound powerful to get three favoured enemy feats in five levels, but like the Harper Scout, these bonuses will not improve beyond +2 damage (or so I'm led to understand)

Suggested Prestige Class: OutlawClass name: Outlaw
PnP Original Source: Based on the Outlaw of the Crimson Road Prestige Class. Song and Silence, page 10 – 11.
Description: Often called the Crimson Road, the life of an Outlaw is bloody and Dangerous. Whether through misguided good intentions, a desire for evil or simply being at the wrong place at the wrong time, the Outlaw has taken to living outside of society's laws, totally cut off from a normal life with only a personal code to guide them. Outlaws come from almost any walk of life, their fate having been chosen to walk the Crimson Road more often then willingly choosing it themselves.
Prereqs: Base Attack Bonus +4, Bluff +5 ranks, Intimidate +5 Ranks, Expertise, Improved Initiative

Class Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Craft Armour, Craft Weapons, Discipline, Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Move Silently, Parry, Pick Pocket, Search, Spot, Tumble, Use Magic Device

Fort Save: High
Ref. Save: High
Will Save: Low
Skill Points: 4 + Int Modifier
Special Abilities/Feats:

Level 1 = Sneak Attack (1d6)
Level 2 = Alertness
Level 3 = Sneak Attack (2d6), Evasion
Level 4 = Sacred Defence (1)
Level 5 = Sneak Attack (3d6),
Level 6 = Disarm
Level 7 = Sneak Attack (4d6), Sacred Defence (2)
Level 8 = Improved Evasion
Level 9 = Sneak Attack (5d6),
Level 10 = Defensive Roll, Sacred Defence (3)

Epic Level Feat Progression:

Level 11 = Sneak Attack (6d6)

Level 13 = Sneak Attack (7d6), Sacred Defence (4), Bonus Feat

Level 15 = Sneak Attack (9d6),

Level 16 = Sacred Defence (5), Bonus Feat

Level 17 = Sneak Attack (10d6)

Level 19 = Sneak Attack (11d6), Sacred Defence (5), Bonus Feat

PnP Notes:

The Outlaw of the Crimson Road has “Ambush” as a feat. This is basically the same as Sneak Attack mechanically so I swapped the two.

The Outlaw of the Crimson Road's Life on the Crimson Road feat is mostly unuseable in NWN due to the skill limitations of the Aurora Engine. Instead I altered it to receiving the Alertness and Disarm Feats at levels 2 and 6.

The Outlaw of the Crimson Road's Fugitive's Luck feat is basically the same as the Champion of Torm's Sacred Defence feat, minus the +1 to skills. This is an acceptable loss however.

The Outlaw of the Crimson Road's Legend Feat doesn't transfer easily to NWN, so I have left it out.

The Outlaw of the Crimson Road's Cheat Death feat is the same as Defensive Roll, hence I added that at level 10.

Suggested Prestige Class: Spy MasterClass name: Spy Master
PnP Original Source: Song and Silence, Page 14 - 15
Description: Some Adventurers take glory in their reputations: a spymaster by contrast prefers to avoid such attention. A Spymaster does their work quietly and in private, often using an array of disguises to assist them in achieving their aims. Spymasters are rarely popular but so long as nation distrusts nation, there will always be work for one who can uncover what others wish to keep hidden... or protect that which those do not wish to find out.
Prereqs: Base Attack Bonus + 5, Bluff + 5 Ranks, Persuasion + 5 ranks, Skill Focus: Bluff
Restrictions: Nil

Class Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Disable Device, Hide, Intimidate, Move Silently, Open Lock, Parry, Pick Pocket, Search, Spot, Tumble, Use Magic Device

Hit Die: d8
Fort Save: Same as Bard
Ref. Save: Same as Bard
Will Save: Same as Bard
Special Abilities/Feats:

Level 1 = Improved Skill Focus (bluff), Sneak Attack (1d6)

Level 2 =

Level 3 = Uncanny Dodge I, Skill Focus (Persuade)

Level 4 = Sneak Attack (2d6),

Level 5 = Slippery Mind,Arcane Defence (Divination)

Level 6 = Uncanny Dodge II, Improved Skill Focus (Persuade)

Level 7 = Sneak Attack (3d6)

Level 8 = Skill Focus (Listen)

Level 9 = Uncanny Dodge III

Level 10 = Sneak Attack (4d6), Cast Spell: Lesser Mind Blank (duration = Spymaster level)

Epic Levels:

Level 11 =

Level 12 = Uncanny Dodge IV

Level 13 = Sneak Attack (5d6), Bonus Feat

Level 14 =

Level 15 = Uncanny Dodge V

Level 16 = Sneak Attack (6d6), Bonus Feat

Level 17 =

Level 18 = Uncanny Dodge VI

Level 19 = Sneak Attack (7d6), Bonus Feat

Level 20 =

PnP Notes:

The Spymaster incorporates disguises which is impractical with Amia and NWN at this time due to having no heavily scripted disguise systems. Instead I have swapped the disguise related feats with skill focus / improved skill focus in Bluff and Persuade.

The Spymaster receives bonuses against scrying, detect magic and other divination related spells through the Undetectable Alignment, Spot Scrying and detection damper Feats. As Amia (or NWN) doesn't have scrying or detect magic functions, I've simply changed this to arcane defence: Divination. (Note that there's only three divination spells that can harm someone else so it's mostly just a bit of fluff icing... but it has its RP uses as well, particularly if players are Scrying or detecting magic with DM assistance.)

The Spymaster's Hear Subharmonics Feat increases sense motive by +3. Because Sense Motive doesn't exist in NWN, I've changed this to Skill Focus: Listen.

Suggested Class: Dread Fang of LolthClass name: Dread Fang of Lolth
PnP Original Source: Drow of the Underdark, Page 76 - 77
Description: The Dread Fangs of Lolth are elite warriors of the Drow Matriarchy, fighting to achieve their dark goddess' interests and to protect the sacred sites. They are visible manifestations of the theocratic powers that govern the Drow and their presence elicits fear in all who behold them.
Prereqs: Base Attack Bonus +5, Evasion, Hide +4 ranks, Listen +2 Ranks, Move Silently + 4 Ranks, Sneak Attack (2d6), Spot + 2 Ranks
Restrictions: Drow, Evil Alignment

Class Skills: Discipline, Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Move Silently, Parry, Spot, Tumble

Hit Die d8
Special Abilities/Feats:

Level 1 = Iron Will, Sneak Attack (1d6)

Level 2 = Use Poison

Level 3 = Sneak Attack (2d6), Uncanny Dodge I

Level 4 = Dodge

Level 5 = Sneak Attack (3d6)

Level 6 =

Level 7 = Sneak Attack (4d6), Uncanny Dodge II

Level 8 =

Level 9 = Sneak Attack (5d6)

Level 10 = Improved Evasion

Epic Levels:

Level 11 = Sneak Attack (6d6), Uncanny Dodge III

Level 12 =

Level 13 = Sneak Attack (7d6), Additional Feat

Level 14 =

Level 15 = Sneak Attack (8d6), Uncanny Dodge IV

Level 16 = Additional Feat

Level 17 = Sneak Attack (9d6)

Level 18 =

PnP Notes:

I swapped Lolth's will feat for Iron Will. Its similar and exists in NWN

I've left out Lolth's Whispers, Team Maneuverability and Spider's Bite feats. There was nothing in NWN that really represented them.

Dread Fangs receive Sudden Strike as a feat. Mechanically, its basically the same as sneak attack.

I swapped the team defence feat for Dodge. Mechanically they do the same thing, minus gifting it to an ally.

Dread Fangs receive Improved Uncanny Dodge, which doesn't exist in NWN. Instead I increased the Uncanny Dodge every 4 levels.

The Improved Evasion Feat I moved from level 4 to level 10.

The Ambush feat, although cool, doesn't really work in NWN so I left it blank.

Galenson

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 12:08 PM 

Player

Suggested Prestige Classes:

Suggested Prestige Class: Guild ThiefClass name: Guild Thief
Original PnP Source: Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, Page 45.
Description: Guild Thieves are thieves who operate in urban areas, often controlling and manipulating all organised crime in their home cities. Enforcers, Bounty Hunters, Spies, Con Artists, Thieves... all have their place and use to the guild. As a result, the walks of life that brought the individual to the Guild are as varied as the Guild Thieves themselves.
Prereqs: Hide 8 Ranks, Intimidate 4 Ranks, Move Silently 4 Ranks

Class Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Craft Armour, Craft Weapon, Disable Device, Hide, Intimidate, Lore, Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Parry, Persuasion, Pick Pocket, Search, Spot

Fort Save: Same as Rogue
Ref. Save: Same as Rogue
Will Save: Same as Rogue
Special Abilities/Feats:

(Note that Guild Thief only has 5 levels as per default Purple Dragon Knight and Harper Scout prestige classes)

Level 1 = Sneak Attack (1d6), Skill Focus: Bluff

Level 2 = Uncanny Dodge I, Guild Thief Bonus Feat

Level 3 = Sneak Attack (2d6), Alertness

Level 4 = Guild Thief Bonus Feat, Lightning Reflexes

Level 5 = Sneak Attack (3d6), Uncanny Dodge II, Stealthy

Guild Thief Bonus Feat List:

Blind Fight
Dirty Fighting
Dodge
Resist Poison
Weapon Finesse
Weapon Focus
Weapon Proficiency (exotic)
Weapon Proficiency (martial)

PnP Notes:

The Guild Thief class incorporates the Reputation Feat which boosts Leadership scores. This doesn't exist in NWN so I've replaced Reputation with the feats Alertness, Stealthy and Lightning Reflexes.

Suggested Prestige Class: Horde BreakerClass name: Horde Breaker
PnP Original Source: Forgotten Realms supplement: the Silver Marches. Pages 111 - 112
Description: Many folk throughout Faerun harbour a special hatred for the tribes and hordes of Humanoids that constantly threaten to destroy the civilised way of life. This antipathy is sometimes so great that for some it becomes an obsession, that there is no greater danger to the world then the ever-growing horde menace and that its up to them to fight it. As a result, these Horde Breakers make the destruction of these horde races their life's work.
Prereqs: Base Attack Bonus +5, Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Lore +4, Spot +4

Class Skills: Discipline, Intimidate, Lore, Parry, Search, Spot,

Hit Die: d10
Skill Points: 2 + Int Modifier
Special Abilities/Feats:

(Note that Horde Breaker only has 5 levels as per default Purple Dragon Knight and Harper Scout prestige classes)

Level 1 = Favoured Enemy (Goblinoids), Skill Focus: Lore

Level 2 = Defensive Stance, Toughness

Level 3 = Favoured Enemy (Orcs)

Level 4 = (Additional Defensive Stance use)
Level 5 = Favoured Enemy (Monstrous)

PnP Notes: The Horde Breaker's Hold the Line and Tough to Kill feats don't necessarily work as written on NWN, so instead I've substituted this for the Toughness Feat at level 2.

The Horde Breaker's anvil of doom feat is also identical to the Dwarven Defender's Defensive Stance. I made the decision to give Defensive stance at level 2 so that the class can have two uses / day of defensive stance rather then just 1 at level 5.

Also note, that it may sound powerful to get three favoured enemy feats in five levels, but like the Harper Scout, these bonuses will not improve beyond +2 damage (or so I'm led to understand)

Suggested Prestige Class: OutlawClass name: Outlaw
PnP Original Source: Based on the Outlaw of the Crimson Road Prestige Class. Song and Silence, page 10 – 11.
Description: Often called the Crimson Road, the life of an Outlaw is bloody and Dangerous. Whether through misguided good intentions, a desire for evil or simply being at the wrong place at the wrong time, the Outlaw has taken to living outside of society's laws, totally cut off from a normal life with only a personal code to guide them. Outlaws come from almost any walk of life, their fate having been chosen to walk the Crimson Road more often then willingly choosing it themselves.
Prereqs: Base Attack Bonus +4, Bluff +5 ranks, Intimidate +5 Ranks, Expertise, Improved Initiative

Class Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Craft Armour, Craft Weapons, Discipline, Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Move Silently, Parry, Pick Pocket, Search, Spot, Tumble, Use Magic Device

Fort Save: High
Ref. Save: High
Will Save: Low
Special Abilities/Feats:

Level 1 = Sneak Attack (1d6)
Level 2 = Alertness
Level 3 = Sneak Attack (2d6), Evasion
Level 4 = Sacred Defence (1)
Level 5 = Sneak Attack (3d6),
Level 6 = Disarm
Level 7 = Sneak Attack (4d6), Sacred Defence (2)
Level 8 = Improved Evasion
Level 9 = Sneak Attack (5d6),
Level 10 = Defensive Roll, Sacred Defence (3)

Epic Level Feat Progression:

Level 11 = Sneak Attack (6d6)

Level 13 = Sneak Attack (7d6), Sacred Defence (4), Bonus Feat

Level 15 = Sneak Attack (9d6),

Level 16 = Sacred Defence (5), Bonus Feat

Level 17 = Sneak Attack (10d6)

Level 19 = Sneak Attack (11d6), Sacred Defence (5), Bonus Feat

PnP Notes:

The Outlaw of the Crimson Road has “Ambush” as a feat. This is basically the same as Sneak Attack mechanically so I swapped the two.

The Outlaw of the Crimson Road's Life on the Crimson Road feat is mostly unuseable in NWN due to the skill limitations of the Aurora Engine. Instead I altered it to receiving the Alertness and Disarm Feats at levels 2 and 6.

The Outlaw of the Crimson Road's Fugitive's Luck feat is basically the same as the Champion of Torm's Sacred Defence feat, minus the +1 to skills. This is an acceptable loss however.

The Outlaw of the Crimson Road's Legend Feat doesn't transfer easily to NWN, so I have left it out.

The Outlaw of the Crimson Road's Cheat Death feat is the same as Defensive Roll, hence I added that at level 10.

Suggested Prestige Class: Spy MasterClass name: Spy Master
PnP Original Source: Song and Silence, Page 14 - 15
Description: Some Adventurers take glory in their reputations: a spymaster by contrast prefers to avoid such attention. A Spymaster does their work quietly and in private, often using an array of disguises to assist them in achieving their aims. Spymasters are rarely popular but so long as nation distrusts nation, there will always be work for one who can uncover what others wish to keep hidden... or protect that which those do not wish to find out.
Prereqs: Base Attack Bonus + 5, Bluff + 5 Ranks, Persuasion + 5 ranks, Skill Focus: Bluff
Restrictions: Nil

Class Skills: Appraise, Bluff, Disable Device, Hide, Intimidate, Move Silently, Open Lock, Parry, Pick Pocket, Search, Spot, Tumble, Use Magic Device

Hit Die: d8
Fort Save: Same as Bard
Ref. Save: Same as Bard
Will Save: Same as Bard
Special Abilities/Feats:

Level 1 = Improved Skill Focus (bluff), Sneak Attack (1d6)

Level 2 =

Level 3 = Uncanny Dodge I, Skill Focus (Persuade)

Level 4 = Sneak Attack (2d6),

Level 5 = Slippery Mind,Arcane Defence (Divination)

Level 6 = Uncanny Dodge II, Improved Skill Focus (Persuade)

Level 7 = Sneak Attack (3d6)

Level 8 = Skill Focus (Listen)

Level 9 = Uncanny Dodge III

Level 10 = Sneak Attack (4d6), Cast Spell: Lesser Mind Blank (duration = Spymaster level)

Epic Levels:

Level 11 =

Level 12 = Uncanny Dodge IV

Level 13 = Sneak Attack (5d6), Bonus Feat

Level 14 =

Level 15 = Uncanny Dodge V

Level 16 = Sneak Attack (6d6), Bonus Feat

Level 17 =

Level 18 = Uncanny Dodge VI

Level 19 = Sneak Attack (7d6), Bonus Feat

Level 20 =

PnP Notes:

The Spymaster incorporates disguises which is impractical with Amia and NWN at this time due to having no heavily scripted disguise systems. Instead I have swapped the disguise related feats with skill focus / improved skill focus in Bluff and Persuade.

The Spymaster receives bonuses against scrying, detect magic and other divination related spells through the Undetectable Alignment, Spot Scrying and detection damper Feats. As Amia (or NWN) doesn't have scrying or detect magic functions, I've simply changed this to arcane defence: Divination. (Note that there's only three divination spells that can harm someone else so it's mostly just a bit of fluff icing... but it has its RP uses as well, particularly if players are Scrying or detecting magic with DM assistance.)

The Spymaster's Hear Subharmonics Feat increases sense motive by +3. Because Sense Motive doesn't exist in NWN, I've changed this to Skill Focus: Listen.

Suggested Class: Dread Fang of LolthClass name: Dread Fang of Lolth
PnP Original Source: Drow of the Underdark, Page 76 - 77
Description: The Dread Fangs of Lolth are elite warriors of the Drow Matriarchy, fighting to achieve their dark goddess' interests and to protect the sacred sites. They are visible manifestations of the theocratic powers that govern the Drow and their presence elicits fear in all who behold them.
Prereqs: Base Attack Bonus +5, Evasion, Hide +4 ranks, Listen +2 Ranks, Move Silently + 4 Ranks, Sneak Attack (2d6), Spot + 2 Ranks
Restrictions: Drow, Evil Alignment

Class Skills: Discipline, Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Move Silently, Parry, Spot, Tumble

Hit Die d8
Special Abilities/Feats:

Level 1 = Iron Will, Sneak Attack (1d6)

Level 2 = Use Poison

Level 3 = Sneak Attack (2d6), Uncanny Dodge I

Level 4 = Dodge

Level 5 = Sneak Attack (3d6)

Level 6 =

Level 7 = Sneak Attack (4d6), Uncanny Dodge II

Level 8 =

Level 9 = Sneak Attack (5d6)

Level 10 = Improved Evasion

Epic Levels:

Level 11 = Sneak Attack (6d6), Uncanny Dodge III

Level 12 =

Level 13 = Sneak Attack (7d6), Additional Feat

Level 14 =

Level 15 = Sneak Attack (8d6), Uncanny Dodge IV

Level 16 = Additional Feat

Level 17 = Sneak Attack (9d6)

Level 18 =

PnP Notes:

I swapped Lolth's will feat for Iron Will. Its similar and exists in NWN

I've left out Lolth's Whispers, Team Maneuverability and Spider's Bite feats. There was nothing in NWN that really represented them.

Dread Fangs receive Sudden Strike as a feat. Mechanically, its basically the same as sneak attack.

I swapped the team defence feat for Dodge. Mechanically they do the same thing, minus gifting it to an ally.

Dread Fangs receive Improved Uncanny Dodge, which doesn't exist in NWN. Instead I increased the Uncanny Dodge every 4 levels.

The Improved Evasion Feat I moved from level 4 to level 10.

The Ambush feat, although cool, doesn't really work in NWN so I left it blank.

Kamina

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 14:45 PM 

Player

(This is entirely based from Races of Faerûn variant, p. 188

PRC: Warsling SniperClass name: Warsling Sniper
Description: The warsling sniper is an expert in the use of the weapon commonly associated with the halfling race.

Prereqs: BAB +5, Weapon Focus: Sling, Point-Blank Shot, Craft Weapon 3 points, Hide 4 Points, Spot 6 points
Restrictions: Halfling only

Skill Points: Discipline, Craft Weapon, Move Silently, Listen, Hide, Spot, Search, Tumble

Special Abilities/Feats:
Level 1 = Sneak Attack Rogue (1d6)* (Bonus Feat)
Level 2 = Rapid Fire, Called Shot**
Level 3 = Sneak Attack Rogue (2d6)* (Bonus Feat)
Level 4 = Improved Critical (Sling)***
Level 5 = Sneak Attack Rogue (3d6)* (Bonus Feat)

Bonus Feats:

Pre-epic: Weapon Specialisation: Sling, Blind Fight, Power Attack, Improved Power Attack, Skill Focus: (Discipline, Craft Weapon, Move Silently, Listen, Hide, Spot, Search, Tumble)
Epic: Epic Weapon Focus: Sling, Epic Weapon Specialisation: Sling, Overwhelming Critical: Sling, Devastating Critical: Sling, Epic Prowess, Epic Skill Focus: (Discipline, Craft Weapon, Move Silently, Listen, Hide, Spot, Search, Tumble)

Code:
Warsling Sneak Attack (Ex): Any time the warsling sniper's target would be denied his Dexterity bonus to AC (regardless of whether he actually has a Dexterity bonus), her ranged sneak attack with the warsling deals extra damage. This extra damage is +1d6 at 1st level, and increases by an additional 1d6 every other level after that (+2d6 at 3rd level and +3d6 at 5th level). Ranged attacks only count as sneak attacks if the target is within 30 feet. In every other way, this ability is identical to the rogue's sneak attack. If the character has the sneak attack ability from another class, the bonuses stack.

Code:
Sniper's Vision (Ex): At 2nd level, warsling snipers gain a +2 bonus on sling attacks against targets with some degree of cover; this bonus effectively reduces the benefit of cover because the warsling sniper is adept at aiming for the exposed part of the foe. Furthermore, if a skiprock sniper misses the target due to concealment, she can reroll the miss chance percentile roll to see if she actually hit.

Code:
Improved Critical (Ex): At 4th level, the warsling gains Improved Critical (halfling warsling) as a bonus feat

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Budly

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 16:26 PM 

Player

Warslinger :shock: *Happy in Halfling*

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 17:58 PM 

Player

Is it possible with EE to make shields less mandatory? A bonus to AC for every 5 or 10 points spent in Parry, or +4 to dmg, +2 to AB for using a weapon without a shield? Anything along the lines of making using a single weapon or a two handed weapon actually cool again. :D

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

Budly

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 18:19 PM 

Player

Richard_Edmund wrote:
Is it possible with EE to make shields less mandatory? A bonus to AC for every 5 or 10 points spent in Parry, or +4 to dmg, +2 to AB for using a weapon without a shield? Anything along the lines of making using a single weapon or a two handed weapon actually cool again. :D

POTM had that for parry, 5 points +1 armour. Maybe we can do the same here?

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 21:33 PM 

Player

So long as it's capped between 6-8 ac it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Halfed for 2h and dual wield would bring them up competitively. The AC might be dodge though, a scripter might have to chime in to correct me if it can be innate

Bladesingers and duelists might need tweaking around the change as they traditionally get their INT as AC instead.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 21:50 PM 

DM

The level of AC that people that can get on Amia vs the average AB is already heavily skewed towards AC. If we give them another 4-6 AC on top of what is already there no one but weapon masters and AA will be able to consistently hit people.

The difference between a fully geared/buffed two-hander and a sword/shield user is just 3 AC. Even adding a few AC to two handers would make sword/shield useless. That is something I have seen first hand on different servers where you -always- go two handers because the 3 AC difference was reduced by only a few points.

Only route I can see that would not cause a cascade of issues is adding some more damage to two-handers.

I rather solve the issue with a PRC specifically to up the damage of two-handers.

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 22:02 PM 

Player

Maverick00053 wrote:
The level of AC that people that can get on Amia vs the average AB is already heavily skewed towards AC. If we give them another 4-6 AC on top of what is already there no one but weapon masters and AA will be able to consistently hit people.

A bit off topic but... Maybe Rangers don't need a buff, maybe AC builds need a nerf!

robbi320

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 22:06 PM 

Player

How is the difference only 3 AC? A shield gives you 1-3, plus a +4-+5 enhancement bonus. So it's generally a max of 8 AC. I get what you're saying about the AC/AB ratio, and I really think it's already broken as is, but 3 AC difference just isn't the case. Unless you're talking about expertise, but in that case, you're basically giving the opponent free 5 AC as well. Yeah, at some point, it just doesn't matter anymore, because either way, you're just hitting on a 20, but claiming you're only losing 3 AC isn't really true. You're losing 8 AC, of which you can regain 5 at the cost of 5 AB. Which a person with a shield can do as well.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 22:17 PM 

DM

You can hit the +20 AC Cap without the +5 from a shield with gear selection and buffs.

kindlegem

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 22:22 PM 

Player

Yes but shields give shield typed AC, they're not subject to the cap to dodge AC.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 22:34 PM 

DM

Ah. Yeah. You are right there is the AC from the shield base and the enhancement is still separate. My mind was thinking that it counted towards the cap. So upwards of 8 AC different between the two.

kindlegem

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 06 2019, 22:41 PM 

Player

Well 6-8. I prefer the suggestion of buffing the damage of 2h weapons instead of their AC though. Homogenizing builds is never a good thing, even if one is underutilized compared to another.

A good start would actually be altering how divine might functions with 2h weapons. They should give 1.5x charisma modifier bonus damage divine might, rather than the standard 1.0x charisma modifier that all weapons get now. This would help out a few builds that invest heavily in charisma to make up the lost AC from a lack of a shield with divine shield.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 07 2019, 0:49 AM 

Player

Elwyn has 47 AC without a shield, the average AB is just a little under that. Adding +3 AC to boost it to 50, or +6 to boost is to 53 puts it below par of an actual shield user who can get up to 55, so it's still worthwhile taking a shield, but it's just as feasible to go straight up two handed as well.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 07 2019, 1:51 AM 

Player

Some old classics from NWN2 with some minor changes to adapt to NWN1. Impromptu sneak attack might need a look at for potential cheesey abuse. Frenzied beserker looks deliciously terrifying for DPS. Probably needs some balance testing.

Arcane TricksterRequirements
Alignment: Non-lawful
Skills: Lore 7 ranks, Disable device 7 ranks, Tumble 7 ranks, Spellcraft 4 ranks
Spellcasting: Ability to cast at least one arcane spell of 3rd level or higher
Special: Sneak attack +2d6

Class feature progression
Hit die: d4
Proficiencies: None
Skill points: 4 + Int modifier
Class skills: Appraise, Bluff, Concentration, Craft Alchemy, Craft Trap, Craft Weapon, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Hide, Listen, Lore, Move Silently, Open Lock, Parry, Search, Set Trap, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft, Spot, Taunt, Tumble
Base attack bonus progression: Low
Saving throws high: Reflex, Will low: Fortitude
Arcane spell progression: 1 per level (May need Spell penetration as compensation)

Features
1: Pilfer magic 1/day - Lesser dispel on touch. Successful dispel gives +2 AB/saves for 10 rounds.
2: Sneak attack 1d6 (IIRC Sneak attack doesn't like to stack properly from other classes. Might be able to use Blackguards if we can't create a new set.
3: Impromptu sneak attack 1/day ("can use this ability to deny an enemy their Dexterity bonus to AC for one round, allowing the target to be sneak attacked.")
(May have to make it work like KC entreatment but instant so the Trickster can keep attacking.)
4:Sneak 2d6
5: Pilfer 2/day
6: Sneak 3d6
7: Impromptu 2/day
8: Sneak 4d6
9: Pilfer 3/day, Impromptu 3/day
10: Sneak 5d6

Eldritch KnightRequirements
Feats: Weapon Proficiency (Martial) OR (Elven) OR (Dwarven (if added))
Spellcasting: Able to cast 3rd-level arcane spells

Class Features
Hit die: d6
Skill points: 2 + Int modifier
Class skills: Concentration, Craft Alchemy, Craft Armor, Craft Trap, Craft Weapon, Lore, Parry, Spellcraft - and Discipline (not in NWN2)
Base attack bonus progression: High
Saving throws high: Fortitude low: Will, Reflex
Arcane spell progression: 1 per level (May need Spell penetration as compensation)

Features
1: Bonus feat (Fighter list)
2 to 10: Nothing at all :lol: Except spell progression.

Frenzied BeserkerModified to fit more in line with standard 3.5 and act as a DPS focused option for Barbarians
Requirements
Base Attack Bonus: +6
Alignment: Any non-lawful
Feats: Cleave, Rage, Power Attack

Class Features
Hit die: d12
Class skills: Intimidate, Survival, Parry - and Discipline (Might need some more options here geeze...)
Saving throws high: Fortitude low: Reflex, Will

Features
Frenzied Berserker levels stack with Barbarian to determine Rage level.
1: Toughness, Frenzy 1/day (As per Amia Ferocity Attack but you get an additional 2DMG per 4 Barbarian levels, suffer an additional 4AC reduction and take 6 Magic DMG per round during rage. The Beserker then suffers -5AB/DMG and -10% movement after rage ends)
2: Great Cleave
3: Frenzy 2/day
4: Deathless Frenzy (When using Frenzy gain Death ward and Negative energy protection effects for duration of rage
5: Frenzy 3/day, Enhanced Power attack (+3 DMG to Power attack. +6 to Improved power attack.
6: Inspire frenzy (Mass haste + 5DMG to allies and self - 5+ 1/2 CON rounds duration)
7: Frenzy 4/day
8: Inspire Frenzy 2/day, Greater Frenzy (Increase additional damage bonus from 2 to 4 per 4 Barbarian levels)
9: Frenzy 5/day
10: Inspire Frenzy 3/day, Supreme Power attack ( +3 more DMG to Power attack. +6 more to Improved power attack.)

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 07 2019, 1:51 AM 

Player

Some old classics from NWN2 with some minor changes to adapt to NWN1. Impromptu sneak attack might need a look at for potential cheesey abuse. Frenzied beserker looks deliciously terrifying for DPS. Probably needs some balance testing.

Arcane TricksterRequirements
Alignment: Non-lawful
Skills: Lore 7 ranks, Disable device 7 ranks, Tumble 7 ranks, Spellcraft 4 ranks
Spellcasting: Ability to cast at least one arcane spell of 3rd level or higher
Special: Sneak attack +2d6

Class feature progression
Hit die: d4
Skill points: 4 + Int modifier
Class skills: Appraise, Bluff, Concentration, Craft Alchemy, Craft Trap, Craft Weapon, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Hide, Listen, Lore, Move Silently, Open Lock, Parry, Search, Set Trap, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft, Spot, Taunt, Tumble
Base attack bonus progression: Low
Saving throws high: Reflex, Will low: Fortitude

Features
1: Pilfer magic 1/day - Lesser dispel on touch. Successful dispel gives +2 AB/saves for 10 rounds.
2: Sneak attack 1d6 (IIRC Sneak attack doesn't like to stack properly from other classes. Might be able to use Blackguards if we can't create a new set.
3: Impromptu sneak attack 1/day ("can use this ability to deny an enemy their Dexterity bonus to AC for one round, allowing the target to be sneak attacked.")
(May have to make it work like KC entreatment but instant so the Trickster can keep attacking.)
4:Sneak 2d6
5: Pilfer 2/day
6: Sneak 3d6
7: Impromptu 2/day
8: Sneak 4d6
9: Pilfer 3/day, Impromptu 3/day
10: Sneak 5d6

Eldritch KnightRequirements
Feats: Weapon Proficiency (Martial) OR (Elven) OR (Dwarven (if added))
Spellcasting: Able to cast 3rd-level arcane spells

Class Features
Hit die: d6
Class skills: Concentration, Craft Alchemy, Craft Armor, Craft Trap, Craft Weapon, Lore, Parry, Spellcraft - and Discipline (not in NWN2)
Saving throws high: Fortitude low: Will, Reflex

Features
1: Bonus feat (Fighter list)
2 to 10: Nothing at all :lol: Except spell progression.

Frenzied BeserkerModified to fit more in line with standard 3.5 and act as a DPS focused option for Barbarians
Requirements
Base Attack Bonus: +6
Alignment: Any non-lawful
Feats: Cleave, Rage, Power Attack

Class Features
Hit die: d12
Class skills: Intimidate, Survival, Parry - and Discipline (Might need some more options here geeze...)
Saving throws high: Fortitude low: Reflex, Will

Features
Frenzied Berserker levels stack with Barbarian to determine Rage level.
1: Toughness, Frenzy 1/day (As per Amia Ferocity Attack but you get an additional 2DMG per 4 Barbarian levels, suffer an additional 4AC reduction and take 6 Magic DMG per round during rage. The Beserker then suffers -5AB/DMG and -10% movement after rage ends)
2: Great Cleave
3: Frenzy 2/day
4: Deathless Frenzy (When using Frenzy gain Death ward and Negative energy protection effects for duration of rage
5: Frenzy 3/day, Enhanced Power attack (+3 DMG to Power attack. +6 to Improved power attack.
6: Inspire frenzy (Mass haste + 5DMG to allies and self - 5+ 1/2 CON rounds duration)
7: Frenzy 4/day
8: Inspire Frenzy 2/day, Greater Frenzy (Increase additional damage bonus from 2 to 4 per 4 Barbarian levels)
9: Frenzy 5/day
10: Inspire Frenzy 3/day, Supreme Power attack ( +3 more DMG to Power attack. +6 more to Improved power attack.)

Budly

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 08 2019, 12:44 PM 

Player

I moved this post from the finished classes and balance discussion!

Jes wrote:
*looks at all the dwarven Dwarven Defenders running around*

*all...2 of them in the last few years?*

Might be an exaggeration, haha! But there really are few dwarves running around as it is. Let alone Dwarven Defenders. I do see your point in this, Budly. Maybe we can look into adding a racial PrC for all the races. So maybe we could get a few suggestions for these supported playable races in the suggestion topic (if we theoretically assume Warslinger for halflings):

Humans
Half-Elves
Gnomes
Half-Orcs
Evil/Good Outsiders
Fey
Genasi Outsider
Goblinoid
Reptilian

Poor Dwarves deserve some love ;( Extremely underrated race!

Fey
Waveriders
Fey Courtier

Some of these will be hard but I am sure we can always twist things around a bit. Humans gonna be hard, cause they are so spread out and diversified in the setting! But...Netherese Archivist from Player's Guide to Faerûn :shock:

Gnomes!
Chimeric Champion of Garl Glittergold
Companion of the Dead
Divine Prankster
Gnome Artificer

Goblin
Stonedeath Assassin

Half Elves has a lot of cross racial with Elves and Drow I noticed.

Half Orcs
Eye of Gruumsh
Fiend Binder
Hexer (Goblins too I think it was)
Menacing Brute

Good/Evil outisder.
Glorious Servitor

Repitilian?
Scaled Horror! Not even joking, its called that!

Windwalker for Air Genasi

https://www.realmshelps.net/charbuild/c ... sses.shtml The ggreat part here is that they have a source on the classes! Probably not all fit in but they all can be tweaked. The Windwalker can probably be adjusted for all Genasi types since it seems to only be for Air right now. I think there is some Drow in there too. Saw something.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next