View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
thunderbrush

PostPosted: Sun, May 19 2019, 11:05 AM 

Player

Hey folks.. been a long time, and believe it or not..I'm still lurking. In game, not on the forums. I'm not 100% up to speed on everything so any corrections to what I am talki g about will be taken as constructive.

OLD AMIA:
Keep the double xp. There is no reason not to. For those of us remaining, it's just slowing us down in between the hours of RP...which I am currently not a part of. Yep. I'm biased, but dammit. I rarely see people! I like the rebuilds and what-not. I haven't requested, as I'm still back logged with Jace.

New Amia: Super exciting.
Is there a plan for character migration...and please tell me it's limited. For obvious reasons we don't want to have a few dominating a new world. 1 faction per player kind of thing?

Incentives for the long and steady! Currently we keep getting the "overpowered" dialogue. I agree..but then I don't. If we have a limited character migration, let's give them some fluff with judicion. Let's say that active characters with tons of tenure (Like Ania, Rosary, Gerald, Alamare, Laura, Mal...ect..) get some respect. Let's set a precedent that Roleplaying one character for a long time is worth it. With the class proposals and what not, new strengths and weaknesses will be seen, but for the new players, we can show them what can be. These characters are all seasoned vets. Hard workers. Demonstrating fantastic abilities and feats should not be frustrating, but inspiring to a new player. Show them that hard work pays off. Just a thought. Most of us are competent role players who would love to intice and guide new players into this re-envisioning. We have an opportunity to do a lot..even with our current roster. Let legends be legends in the new world...but selectively. I move we increase the cap to 40..but only with DM oversight.

I could 100% be off on this..as I haven't read up on anything. I'm just excited about forward progress. I'll probably catch up later and eat my words.

Discuss.

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Sun, May 19 2019, 15:11 PM 

Player

Character migration is planned to be full, as in you retain all of your characters.

There are already "passive" incentives to sticking with 1 character instead of playing several at the same time, the most visible of which is player recognition. Your character gets recognized by more people, and trough that gains more power and influence over the people they interact with. You set the character more apart from the pack by letting people get to know them and their personality quirks etc. All of this contributes to having your character be more memorable and have a bigger impact than if you're juggling 2-3-4 at the same time. You also can focus all of your requests on that one character, meaning you might over time build up stronger gear or get cooler things on that 1 character than if you decided to split all of your DC requests among your several characters. There is a stickied topic on this matter here for anyone interested in giving it a read.

As for raising the cap to 40.. Noooooooooo. Currently our classes, gear, spells, subraces and monsters are all balanced around the 30 cap. Changing it would throw everything out of whack and require hundreds of hours to try and balance in any meaningful way. A good example of this is just looking at our classes, almost all of them get stronger and stronger the more levels you invest in it and it's done intentionally to reward you for going down that 1 path instead of splitting the levels more in multiclassing. This is just one aspect of the server balance that would be thrown out of whack by raising the cap by even 1 level.
And if we did do it, limiting it to approval by the DMs would create an unbalanced dynamic where some characters are mechanically stronger because they got extra levels as a reward and it would most likely make everyone else feel like they have been treated unfairly or feel cheated if they were to have a pvp incident with the 31+ character.

freaxxshow1338

PostPosted: Sun, May 19 2019, 18:38 PM 

Player

I agree on all points with Grave.

I stuck to 1 Character for almost two years - Peraga, which lead to almost everyone knowing her, knowing her quirks and her weirdness which was honestly a special feeling in itself.

Unfortunately, the Faction she focused on towards the end died pretty much and I switched to a new one: Peggy. Again, I focused on her and by now, she has a big following, people know her and she is a matter of discussion for a lot of people even when I am not around. She has her own ship, a small Crew made up of some NPCs and a lot of PCs; has connections to every corner of Amia and made an impact on the RP of a lot of people - Sticking to one Character pays off BIG time.

Raising to 40 would kill Amia for me. Seriously.

It may be my already-established hatred for DnD and the dumb Over-The-Top High-Fantasy it has, but with 30 People are already Demi-Gods. Level 40 would just lead to the most ridiculous, overpowered and crazy Characters, even from a DnD point of View

Kamina

PostPosted: Sun, May 19 2019, 20:29 PM 

Player

I am personally not opposed to opening double xp as soon as we get a definite date for EE, to run double xp to the end of 1.69. Hell I'm not opposed to (and don't get your hopes too high up on this) a bonus of drop rates too.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Budly

PostPosted: Sun, May 19 2019, 20:43 PM 

Player

Kamina wrote:
I am personally not opposed to opening double xp as soon as we get a definite date for EE, to run double xp to the end of 1.69. Hell I'm not opposed to (and don't get your hopes too high up on this) a bonus of drop rates too.

...Oh?

Shuffles my new 2 hander Drow to the frontline Give me that 30!

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

thunderbrush

PostPosted: Mon, May 20 2019, 7:46 AM 

Player

Some of it was a shot in the dark and definitely somewhere between 10 and 14 Coronas. I'd be happy if the last days of NE were a bang.

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]