View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Straz Finster

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 21 2007, 20:59 PM 

Player

Word quickly spreads around Ultrinnan of the appearance of Lolth in her temple during the recent sacrifice of a hin caught in the city. The sound of her laughter could be heard clearly in the city both before and after her appearance, sending chills through all who heard it.

After berating the ranking females present on the state of HER city, the Dark Mother made a decree that there would be a tournament of the remaining houses of Ultrinnan to determine which was worthy of being declared first house. She gave them one week to prepare.

//This event will take place on the weekend of Jan 27-28. There will be 2 sessions (to try to allow as many as possible to participate), one on Sat afternoon and one on Sun evening (EST), the times are not set in stone and depend on my schedule. There will be events for all classes, with points scored accumulating per house.

If anyone has suggestions for events for this feel free to send me a PM, but don't be offended if I don't use them. I am getting some very good ones and can't use them all, but keep them coming.

'Nuff said.

soriano_

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 22 2007, 13:42 PM 

Player

//Any chance you can post what the events will be beforehand so we can start "training" so to speak?

Straz Finster

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 22 2007, 16:10 PM 

Player

//I haven't hammered out the final details of all the events yet, but be assured that there will be events for each class' specialties. The only "training" that would help would be to hone the skills your character already has. In the case of Naref I would recommend practicing your sneaking and kidnapping skills. :wink:

'Nuff said.

soriano_

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 22 2007, 16:44 PM 

Player

//thanks for the info Straz... sneaking and kidnapping, piece of cake :twisted: *hopes there's no dragons or skill dumped clerics around * :wink:

Stone Jackabar

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 22 2007, 18:59 PM 

Player

//Will Males be allowed in this tourney? Or will it be females only? Also Solo or house vs. house..

Straz Finster

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 23 2007, 2:35 AM 

Player

//It is house vs. house to determine the house order of the city. Males can participate, but they must be members of a house, or at least act like they are.

'Nuff said.

Seif-Maelstorm

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 23 2007, 5:40 AM 

Player

//Act like they are you say? Hmm..I may have an idea..

Arissa_Nightblade

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 23 2007, 14:01 PM 

Player

//What about academy leaders?

Straz Finster

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 23 2007, 16:48 PM 

Player

Arissa_Nightblade wrote:
//What about academy leaders?

//Aren't they all members of houses? If they aren't they are not elligible for the tournament. All participants will be required to pledge their loyalty to whatever house they represent before participating.

'Nuff said.

Qualiz

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 25 2007, 11:21 AM 

Player

Will you be able to have more house members compete in the same class tournament? For example several fighters, rogues, priestesses etc. or only 1 per house?

Siggy by Koragi, Vegan, & Myself

Straz Finster

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 25 2007, 16:55 PM 

Player

Qualiz wrote:
Will you be able to have more house members compete in the same class tournament? For example several fighters, rogues, priestesses etc. or only 1 per house?

Each house may enter as many in each event as they are able, but I won't be allowing characters that I haven't seen before who seem to be made or changed specifically for this event.

'Nuff said.

Irish Fluff

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 25 2007, 17:45 PM 

Player

// There might be a number of Vandree members missing from this event as its set on a bad date for most of the mambers. Xxully from what we know is ill and hasnt been on for a while so the vandree matron might not be there either.

Qualiz

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 25 2007, 20:10 PM 

Player

I can't say the times are that good for me either, considering its gonna be evening EST on a Sunday? Kind of late considering how many europians there also play here.

Straz Finster

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 26 2007, 1:51 AM 

Player

//There will be 2 rounds of events, one beginning at approximately noon EST on Saturday (1700 GMT, very early Sunday for Aussies) and the other beginning at approximately 7 PM EST on Sunday (midnight GMT, Monday morning/early afternoon for Aussies). I am trying to have as many players as possible get the chance to participate.

If any matrons can't make either time (the events will likely go on for 3 hours or more each time) please send me a PM, as I want to get each of you involved in this if possible.

'Nuff said.

soriano_

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 26 2007, 13:26 PM 

Player

//For the record, the only two houses I have seen active recently are Tinnerai and Do'Veldran. I do not think it would be fair, no matter how well they do in the tournament, to have any of the other houses take over the rule of the city. The aforementioned houses playerbase far exceeds vandree, qos'yutsu and arabett( does this house even still exist). This is just my humble opinion, but I thought it worth mentioning.

Qualiz

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 26 2007, 13:35 PM 

Player

Arabett shouldnt be considered existing in any way, yet Qos'Yutsu might have a small, but a dedicated player base. And its hard to recruit more members without a Matron around :P

IronAngel

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 26 2007, 13:39 PM 

Player

((I hope that this is purely an IC matter, and there will be no OOC decision, from the DMs' or players' parts, involved. The size of a house also means nothing, except maybe that someone's been selfish. It's been many times stated that it'd be best if the houses shared members equally.

However, do consider the fact that your timezone differs greatly from many others'. Also, I don't know what you count as "recently", but apart from this week, Vandree havq been very active. We have had our matron away for over a week due to personal reasons, both me and Darli have been extremely busy with school, Zeus was without the internet for a good while, and Icecream is still AFK. There is no issue of inactivity with either Vandree or Qos'Yutsu, as far as I've seen. With Arabett, you're probably right.

Anyway, I'll try to be at the Saturday event, won't make it on Sunday. Can't stay for more than an hour on Saturday, either. I have my own opinions on who should or should not be in charge or what's "fair", but they do not matter one bit. The fact that Straz posted this as an IC story suggests it will be an IC event, and I'm pretty sure we won't have it any other way.))

The guy that probably has sexual fantasies about masturbation. I mean, Iron, you're a bookworm nerd that even in your wildest escapism fantasies flee to the internet to play the role of another bookworm nerd? Come on!

maughter

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 26 2007, 14:36 PM 

Player

// i would like to draw your attention to Arabett's current state of play...
we aren't gone just yet, they have so far spent a great deal of time in the
Arabett house. a few of our members are away for personal reasons, some
are playing other characters. suffice to say the Arabett are still around.

Arissa_Nightblade

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 26 2007, 14:40 PM 

Player

// I haven't seen but one or two Arabetts around, and longer since I've seen the matron. But if they're still active, then that's cool.

Arissa_Nightblade

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 26 2007, 14:43 PM 

Player

// sorry couldn't edit my previous post.

Just letting you know that I may be about 30 mins late for the event on Saturday.

Also, are we allowed to participate in more than one event? or is it only one event per person? (sorry if this question was already answered)

soriano_

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 26 2007, 15:54 PM 

Player

Selfish for recruiting members? That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. If people play their characters and recruit members, so be it, that's ic rp. I have no problems with that. The idea of so homonginous underdark, or server for that matter is absurd to me. If this is the case, break up all the houses and have a draft by the ilharessen of said houses, that way all are equal in membership and power. I understand that amia is about having fun, but my idea of fun is not sharing members with others that are not around or do not wish to put forth the effort rp wise.

I am fully aware of time zones and that there are ooc reasons for being absent from in game activity, however, I spend a great deal of time (probably too much :P)in game and have not seen many of the mentioned qu'ellars around, I include my own house, cel and zant and xuneera excluded.

Winning a few contests in a tournament, albeit probably a fun dm plot, b/c people log on at the time of the event in question is not my idea of rping your way to first qu'ellar, that's all I am saying. I did not mean to offend anyone or insinuate anything other than my opinion that "recently" means exactly what it means, recently. Tinnerai and Do'veldran have been around recently, the others have not. If you say your qu'ellar is around, kir, then fine, I must miss them(faer'lin and dra'kill exculed, they have been around). Once again, just my humble opinion on the matter. Sorry if I have ruffled anyones feathers. :)

Straz Finster

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 26 2007, 16:42 PM 

Player

//Please stop this debate now. This is not the place for it, if you want to discuss house memberships and who "should" or "deserves" to be first house please start another thread.

As has been brought up, people's playing times differ. There are time zone issues, real life issues, and every other sort of issue you can name. There are players and characters I have rarely or never seen due to my job and very restrictive playing times. I will be checking the admin tools to see who spends what amount of time playing which characters, and this will be the only OOC consideration I will make in this. The rest will be decided entirely IC.

If the turnout for this is heavily weighted to one or two houses there is a good chance I will extend the tournament to allow those who were unable to attend to take part. That remains a "game time decision".

I hope I don't need to say this, but I am going to do my utmost to ensure that this is done entirely fairly and without bias. I would consider myself friendly with every one of the matrons, and most of the long time drow players (except Shy'lar, the little turd), and would hope that all involved will trust me to act in such a manner.

'Nuff said.

Straz Finster

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 29 2007, 0:48 AM 

Player

//My apologies, but due to unforeseen, unavoidable circumstances the Sunday night round of the tournament must be postponed. There will be a round on Monday night beginning at about midnight EST (0500 GMT, and Tues afternoon for Aussies) and another during next weekend, probably Saturday evening EST, which I have yet to finalize.

The first round has Qos'Yutsu out to an early lead, followed by a tie for second between Do'Veldran and Tinnerai.

'Nuff said.

Seif-Maelstorm

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 29 2007, 0:52 AM 

Player

Will the results of the tourney be posted on here because I would love to see who wins the different competitions..and what they were..

Qualiz

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 29 2007, 10:43 AM 

Player

Monday as today?

IronAngel

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 29 2007, 20:26 PM 

Player

((Today for some, tuesday 05:00 GMT. That is in about 8½ hours from posting this message. You can check the posting time from my profile.
I'll get up extra early for this even if I could sleep almost 'til noon. I'm heroic like that.))

The guy that probably has sexual fantasies about masturbation. I mean, Iron, you're a bookworm nerd that even in your wildest escapism fantasies flee to the internet to play the role of another bookworm nerd? Come on!

Straz Finster

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 30 2007, 8:22 AM 

Player

//The final round of this will be on Saturday, Feb 3, beginning at approximately 7 PM EST (midnight GMT, Sunday morning for Aussies).

The running total so far is:
Qos'Yutsu - 9 points
Tinnerai - 7 points
Do'Veldran - 3 ponits
Vandree - 0 points
Arabett - 0 points

'Nuff said.

Qualiz

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 30 2007, 14:26 PM 

Player

That score I believe is incorrect.

Did you count in the score for the Mage tournament? The riddle quiz gave Qos 3 more points I believe. So that would make it 12 points for Qos, correct?

As far as I recall Tinnerai did not earn 7 points through the other 3 parts either, more like.. 3 points. (1 Fighter, 2 Priestess, 0 Rogue?) Where did the last 4 come from? The mage tournament? I believe the mage tournament would have brought home minimum 6 points if not more to the Tinnerai house. (4 Points from Riddles +2 for winning the riddle contest by Ramora.)

Straz Finster

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 30 2007, 16:41 PM 

Player

//The scores are right, the points of the riddle contest were not final points, but simply points to determine the winner, and who would get the 2 points. There were only a total of 4 points earned in the mage contest, all earned by Tinnerai.

The results to date:

The "I am the baddest MoFo with a sharp thing" fighter contest:
1st place - Zanticor Qos'Yutsu - 3 pts.
2nd place - Elithraren Do'Veldran - 2 pts.
3rd place - Naelin Tinnerai - 1 pt.

The "Snatch the innocent kid from the heretics' camp" rogue event:
Winner - Naref Qos'Yutsu - 3 pts.

The "Show me how much you love Lolth" clerical event:
1st place - Veh'dra Qos'Yutsu - 3 pts.
2nd place - Bree'nye Tinnerai - 2 pts.
3rd place - May'Vrae Do'Veldran - 1 pt.

The "Tell me what this thing is and what it does" mage event:
Winner - Ra'mora Tinnerai - 2 pts.

The "Answer these goffy riddles to show me how smart you are" mage event:
Winner - Ra'mora Tinnerai - 2 pts.
Honorable mention - Xanos Tinnerai and Kel'Thrae Qos'Yutsu
The event ended in a 3 way tie, with all 3 competitors having answered 3 riddles correctly. The tie breaker question was answered by Ra'mora Tinnerai, giving her the narrow victory.

'Nuff said.

Qualiz

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 30 2007, 19:50 PM 

Player

Can we get a hint on what the last event is about? Still class competitions?

Arissa_Nightblade

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 30 2007, 20:10 PM 

Player

// I have a question, though..

I thought only 1 person can win something for points and they can't compete in another event? how was it that Ra'mora was able to win two events and score points for each?

Qualiz

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 30 2007, 20:21 PM 

Player

It was still 1 competition but divided in two subclasses =) She won the entire Mage competition event.

Straz Finster

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 30 2007, 23:36 PM 

Player

Qualiz wrote:
It was still 1 competition but divided in two subclasses =) She won the entire Mage competition event.

Correct. If there is another mage event (which will be determined by who shows up for the final event and in what numbers) she will not be eligible to win.

'Nuff said.

Arissa_Nightblade

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 31 2007, 0:13 AM 

Player

// alrighty. Thanks for the clarification :)

Qualiz

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 31 2007, 10:46 AM 

Player

Considering the last mage event was fairly much for the wizards, perhaps you should have one where Sorcerers can compete on equal level..

:)

ainjyll

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 31 2007, 16:42 PM 

Player

// What about Bards?

Arissa_Nightblade

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 31 2007, 19:05 PM 

Player

ainjyll wrote:
// What about Bards?

Poetry/lore contests are always fun :D

Straz Finster

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 02 2007, 18:04 PM 

Player

//Due to more real life issues that won't seem to leave me alone, this must be delayed yet again. My sincerest apologies to any who planned to attend this weekend, but I plan to make it up to you next weekend.

In order to be able to get in all the things I would like to do, I have decided to extend the competition to 2 more rounds, one of which will begin at approximately 2 PM EST Saturday, Feb 10 (1900 GMT, early Sunday morning for Aussies). The final round will begin Sunday, Feb 11, at approx. noon EST (1700 GMT, very early Monday morning for Aussies).

The events and length of each will be determined by the attendees. I won't be running a bard event if none or only one show up. I have commitments each night, so the length of these is not likely to last longer than 5 or 6 hours each day, but I plan to invest a good portion of next weekend to getting this finished.

Previous winners of events are disqualified from participating further, except, of course, to add their RP to the events. All former winners are encouraged to come and gloat over former victories if they are able. Don't expect the same events either, after all, you are dealing with the Queen of Chaos, remember?

'Nuff said.

Arissa_Nightblade

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 05 2007, 15:37 PM 

Player

I might be about an hour late on Sunday, but hopefully I can make all of it.

ainjyll

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 05 2007, 17:49 PM 

Player

I'll be able to make the very beginning of both days, not sure if I can stick around for the whole thing though.

Qualiz

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 05 2007, 22:14 PM 

Player

I shall be there, at both events =)

De'aarth

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 06 2007, 4:15 AM 

Player

if nothing catches me offguard. ill be there sunday. =)

Ka'lith, Coran'zen , Sha'aveil, Rael, Sielen Lyoreth

Pony

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 09 2007, 19:32 PM 

Player

--

Last edited by Pony on Sat, Feb 16 2019, 0:58 AM, edited 1 time in total.

hughez2

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 10 2007, 15:28 PM 

Player

*Zess goes through her CD rack, and finds MC Hammers "Cant Touch This"

:wink:

maughter

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 10 2007, 18:25 PM 

Player

// *is about to have a week in London, will be away from a compy till the 19th*

Qualiz

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 10 2007, 19:37 PM 

Player

Uhm, got back from AFKness too late after reset - lost all chances to get in...
Tried for 15 minutes, then took a break, and tried again.. No success. Will try and get on for the last event.

IronAngel

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 10 2007, 19:44 PM 

Player

Trying my best to get on, right now.

Irish Fluff

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 10 2007, 19:48 PM 

Player

Like wise, spent an hour trying to get on. I guess I've missed the event.

Straz Finster

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 11 2007, 3:42 AM 

Player

With three of the four rounds of the tournament completed, the scoring is as follows:

House Qos'Yutsu - 11 pts.
House Tinnerai - 8 pts.
House Do'Veldran - 7 pts.
House Arabett - 1 pt.
House Vandree - 0 pts.

The final event involving the priestesses of each house will be worth 5 points, and there may be other events in the final round depending upon those in attendance. Many points will be scored on the final day, so no house has yet been eliminated.

'Nuff said.

ainjyll

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 11 2007, 4:00 AM 

Player

// kk, I have to be at work from noon to probably around 6 or so... I'll be on as soon as I get off, so if there is anyway possible that we could time it so that Bree would be able to get there and still be able to go? If not I understand, but I've got a really big surprise planned and would really like to unveil it myself.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next