View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
Cori

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 02 2007, 6:04 AM 

Player

// This was from a quest run in game, for which the final challenge was for the group to come up with a song in extremely limited time. This is the result. Enjoy :)

The ancient spirit of the Oghman High Priest offered forth a great treasure, if only they could prove their worth.

They accepted the blind challenge, eager to show that they understood the truth - the truth of knowledge - and they had faith in their abilities to spread their knowledge.

And thus were Yossarin, Jud'Vardas, Vrinn, and Amywiel, given the task to write a song, with 3 lines to be sung by each of them, in alternating order, each pair of which had also to rhyme. And a finale, to be sung in chorus.

With but ten minutes to come up with a song about Amia, to share their knowledge of the place with the spirit, a harried discussion was held in whispers, heads huddled together, only the odd outburst of excitement at a clever line breaking the peaceful calm in the protected halls of knowledge.

And then, heads held high, they broke, formed a line, and recited this:
// (the letter in front of each line denotes who sang it - (A) Amywiel, (J) Jud'Vardas, (V) Vrinn, (Y) Yossarin).

(V)The Isle of Amia houses the finest heroes ye e'er did see,
(A)In Cordor you'll find everything, it's amazing, take it from me.
(J)But if you must look closer and examine more in depth,
(Y)You'll find deceit, you'll find lies, betrayal and death.

(V)But over and over it's clarion clear,
(A)For the mystery and the adventure it guides us, after all, it's why we are here.
(J)Some of us hail from the darkness, where light can not ever be seen,
(Y)Some of us hail from a violent land, ruled by a bitch spider queen.

(V)Some of us come from humble roots, farmers and tailors and smiths,
(A)While others hail from a land surrounded in myths
(J)From nobles and actors to poor pleasure slaves,
(Y)To the adventurers who tempt the grave.

(In Chorus)
We all make our mark on the land we hold dear,
Amia, Amia, that's why we're here.

And thus the sound of music was once again heard in those hallowed halls of old.

Seif-Maelstorm

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 02 2007, 8:23 AM 

Player

// Oghma? The Zelda Boss?

(editted by Cori - this forum is for IC posts. OOC must be marked please.)

BrainSplitter

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 02 2007, 8:25 AM 

Player

//Oghma. The Lord of Knowledge, the Binder of What is Known.

Basically; the god of knowledge, lore, intelligence, ETC.

(editted by Cori - this forum is for IC posts. OOC must be marked please. Bad DM Brain!)

Cori

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 02 2007, 10:05 AM 

Player

// deleted book reference, because I was wrong! Seems I need to dig that book out of whatever box it's in, and re-read it. Makes me wonder where I *did* read it then....too many books!!!

Edit: Aha! On doing some research, seems to me that Cleric Quintet got the gods wrong. Deneir is the god of such things as art, maps, glyphs, images. Not music, unless you want to group music in art. Milil is a diety of music though. And Oghma, as the god whom Deneir and Milil serve, is a god of bards, knowledge, and also of the lesser things that Milil, Gond, and Deneir are the lesser gods of. So Cadderly *should* have been a cleric of either Milil, or Oghma, all things considered. There was virtually nothing about maps or glyphs, or anything visual like that in the book. It was all about music and knowledge.

(Edit by Brain : This forum is for IC posts only, not OOC. Bad HEAD DM Cori! )

Last edited by Cori on Fri, Feb 02 2007, 10:46 AM, edited 2 times in total.

justice_prevails

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 02 2007, 10:09 AM 

Player

//I thought Cadderly Bonaduce from cleric quintet was a priest of Deneir, not Oghma. I could be wrong.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]