View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Nekhy

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 25 2007, 22:11 PM 

Player

// A little log of what people might see when they walk around the region.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The duergar settlement at the old Viper Monastery seems to have quieted down. Travelers passing by are not attacked by raiding parties of duergar. On closer inspection, their caves have been raided empty, and rotting bodies fill the mines and the old temple.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dakotaen

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 27 2007, 7:11 AM 

Player

As Clayton and Caleb, his brother, went into the trolls' cave systems, along with three others by their side, they encountered a pile of bodies. First not taking any real note of it, they got ambushed as the bodies rose to become a mass of the living dead. The zombies were slain, but the five adventurers now became nervous, and yet, somewhat intrigued by the whole situation.

They moved further down. slaying a number of cursed bodies that kept rising, until finally they found a troll, pleading not to be killed. The troll had only few words to say, and in the end, it attacked Caleb, screaming about its hunger. The troll was slain.

Further down the cave, the blighted body of a long forgotten, yet powerful adventurer, rose to attack the living flesh of the five, along with yet a numerous group of the walking corpses they had fended off earlier.

The battle was long and hard, and each member of the venturing party, had to fight the best they had learned. At last, after what must have appeared to be hours of exhausting fighting, they put the long gone adventurer down, and hopefully, this time for good.

The party ventured further, but not for long, and after only having cleared out a room more or so, they returned to the outside. The fresh air running over their face, and down in their longues, felt like new life moving into them.

//This was a bit hard to do since I haven't talked to Rachella, one of the venturing five, about this. Caleb has given me the okay sign to mention him, and the other two, I don't think spends a lot of time on the forum. Apart from that, a reset hit as we were down in the cave, and therefor, the ending of this post (the IC part at least) is free for changes if Rachessa has an idea.

Characters: Currently trying my best to stick to Beridoc Brushgale

KD-0079

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 27 2007, 10:52 AM 

Player

"I - I'm done over here!" Rachessa stammered, as she wiped beads of sweat from her brow. It was a dark day; a day of clashing blades and flowing blood.

"We had to leave. What else could we do?"

The thought cycled repetitiously in Rachessa's mind as she stood, patting down a mound of fresh dirt where one of many slain zombies was now buried. Although she accepted the decision to leave, an ache of pervading sadness pulsed from her heart.

Wharftown had fallen first, perhaps forever, and then came rumors of Banite expansion into the Skull Crags, within the cavernous depths of a duergar clan's home, and now this. The many calamities sweeping Amia felt as blunt and sharp as raining nails, and Rachessa had begun to wonder if recent events were part of some maddening dream.

What if there were others? Undead as resilient as the fallen adventurer they had slain. She had channeled Selûne's healing light to shatter the bonds of cursed undeath, even as the McCoys, Smert, and Delith rained blow after blow upon his rotted flesh. They were victorious, but it felt empty; for more battles were certain to come.

For now, there was little else to be done but ensure the fallen could rest peacefully. Rachessa and Clayton stood before the graves on opposite sides, hands held in prayer as they whispered hallowing rites over the site...

//I wrote this in a bit of a hurry so it may go through minor corrections. If the burial thing is OOC for Clayton or the others, please send me a PM so I can revise my post.

ainjyll

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 27 2007, 15:42 PM 

Player

Anyone venturing into the now completely abandoned monastery may notice elven-sized footprints in the dirt near the entrance. If the unlucky individual or group go inside or linger around the entrance for too long, they may notice several drow, clad in gold and black, moving about inside... they are obviously waiting for something, what that something is can only be left to the observers imagination, but it is obvious that the drow are there for a definate purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]