View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ] 
TormakSaber

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 04 2007, 5:03 AM 

Player

News spreads, starting from the Nes'ek and Salandran region, but quickly spreading among caravan trader sall along the island, and via this, making its way into the cities... that caravans, especially those between the Salandran and Guldorand route, are being murdered, slaughtered, pillaged, and ransacked by Banites, and a mysterious group who the lone survivor identified only as the "H O A". Even Salandran Templars and Priests, along with innocent men and women whose only crimes wee being in the wrong place at the wrong time, were mercilessly beaten and murdered. The Salandrans are grieved by this tragedy, sending prayers for those lost in the caravan attacks, and are currently seeking new routes to get the medicine they export to various areas, out and about safely. The rumor has it that the attacks will not stop until all of the island worships Bane, and pays homage to this "H O A" group.

Oddly, just a few hours after the lone survivor was placed in care at the bar, she disappeared, without a trace. Popular rumor is that the Banites sent an assassin to kill the woman in the dead of night.

Galia_Shiv

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 04 2007, 6:04 AM 

Player

Galia looks up from in front of the fire place a cold smile on her lips as she sees no one around her, she thinks back on the events of the past few hours and chuckles softly "fools" she thinks as she recalls how easily they believed her. She stands up from the chair and stealthily works her way out of the tavern, avoiding being seen she exits the city and makes her way back to Dread Brother William and to the Horsemen allies.

She spots William not far from the city and smiles to herself, Her God the true God Bane will be pleased as she recalls the almost stench of fear at the city after she delivered her message. The panic will soon be setting in

Draco Asen

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 04 2007, 6:59 AM 

Player

Vashen scowls at the new and roars to his men "It seems I've returned just in time lads! Lets show these cowards what real soldiers are made of!"

Budly

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 04 2007, 9:50 AM 

Player

Budly tosses a apple at a wall and rumbles on, filthy damn Banites! How low can they sink! And Those horseless gits!

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

Metalien

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 04 2007, 10:03 AM 

Player

Metalien's whole demeanor takes on a frightening air of angry determination, he draws his old Bastardsword for the first time in years and is seen franticly training and getting in shape, something worrying about his whole personality draws to the surface, old pains resurface and ture anger, something he's kept in touch for a long time, boils to the fore.
Anyone that talks to him gets the same basic speech:

"Those bastards took my life, destroyed my marriage, made my son and wife leave this island, I missed the best parts of watchign my boy grow because of those... people.. now they attack innocent healers, after all we've done for them when they've been sick and injured ? no more.. not again.. this time it'll be different.."

He's seen trainign Templars in close combat, taking them and the occasional Cleric to places like The Forgotten Library and anywhere with strong levels of undead, teaching them how to fight and defend themselves.. and for the first time, teaching them how to kill swiftly.
An air of sadness yet grim determination is felt all around the Salandran Temple complex.

"They'll get no worshiping or anything of the sort from The Salandrans" Metalien is quoted as saying.
"We'll fight to the last to preserve our way of life, we shall never fail, we shall never be slaves to that evil bastard God, we'll fight them anywhere, anytime, any way. Salandrans are healers, not fighters, but if they want a fight, they have one"

Orders are placed to all Salandrans that any known Banite or Horseman of the Apocolypse follower seen on Salandran soil is to be removed and or detained by any means neccesary.
For the first time in thier history, they are refusing healing to people.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 04 2007, 10:06 AM 

Player

It should be noted that the Salandrans express general outrage at the Temple Father's order and in fact refuse to carry it out.

The Salandran Temple will NEVER refuse aid to those in need.

Metalien

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 04 2007, 10:08 AM 

Player

In a meeting with his higher ranking clergy Metalien backs down from his innitial angry outburst, but his determination remains the same.
The order to deny healing to the Banites and HoA is dropped, grudgingly.. however, his anger doesn't waiver nor does his determination to do something about this.

sYuzan

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 04 2007, 10:54 AM 

Player

Upon hearing this matter, Yudann immediately thought of Horsemen and then frowned deeply. If this was doings of the Horsemen... He might be able to track them down from the attack sites... And perhaps, maybe, possibly... Join their ranks.

Ramika wrote:
Of the things I know about Guano, half I shouldn't post.

Ice wrote:
Killer of threads! Bane of continuity. Herald of hiatus. All those things and sometimes even paladins.

Soippe

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 04 2007, 12:21 PM 

Player

Akurak

Upon hearing the news, his lips purse in a smirk, he thinks to himself that this is the perfect opportunity to make the most of the situation. Profit he thinks, it will comes in much abundance from this most fortuitous situation. He goes off planning on his next move . . .

Alerud

Hearing news of the attacks, he goes off in search of any survivors, he thinks to himself. Kelemvor will not be pleased by the doings of these murders. Yet he will judge them with his fury and his conviction, they will get what they deserve. Bane may be on their side but it is Kelemvor that determines their journey into the after life and that journey will be to the ninth circle of hells reserved for the most foul of beings. Aelrud continues to wander the many frequent trade searching for any sings of attack and survivors trying to do all he can to help and warn others in this time of peril.

Halen_Van

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 04 2007, 14:06 PM 

Player

Zanthos hears of the news and nods solemly.

"It serves them right for having abandoned thier charges so many times. How the hell that halfling manages to toss me off the cart every time, I don't know...."

Eoweniel

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 04 2007, 15:09 PM 

Player

Nimien happens to stumble upon these news, having heard the gossip spread from afar...

"...Where -are- we going if we cannot see this done, together? Well I am certainly not going to take the blame for any of this. Ridiculous, since when did true Banites degrade themselves to simple caravan plunderers...Hmph."

And with those words she strode onwards, concerning herself little for the ongoing events.

Kjetta

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 04 2007, 15:24 PM 

Player

*In Cordor, Al'Tustra paces slowly back and forth across the floor in the Amian Traders office. The caravan carrying important, but mundane equipment for him and his fellow crafters is already several days delayed. The sight of the impatient Earth Genasi is a rare one indeed;
- He is working on something important, was the most common explanation exchanged between his collegues.*

Sunkin Sheep

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 04 2007, 18:19 PM 

Player

Mynna sits by the fire in Guldorand enjoying a glass of Petit Sirah, pondering over the recent news.

"This one's far too close to home for comfort, HOA. That doesn't stand to much surprise what it stands for.. Very well, if the fools wish to interfere with the island's commerce and industry as well as an attack so close in these mountains, then mayhaps it's time they are stripped of the effect less power they thought they were wielding. Such a shame."

Laika-Unknown

camthrax

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 04 2007, 19:24 PM 

Player

Moltiner, on hearing these words, can only be heard saying one thing:

They will pay.

//sorry to break in to ooc, but i'd like to request a meeting with some of the HoA head dudes to arrange an event with this.

Slanderouslust

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 04 2007, 19:37 PM 

Player

// OOC note: During this event there was only medicine on the carts, they were run by Salandrans. . .to the best of my knowledge that shouldn't be part of the whole 'Amian Trader Federation' also if anyone goes to the site you'll find ruined medicine, there were no other goods on the carts to plunder, so it really wasn't a plunder kinda thing

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 04 2007, 20:02 PM 

Player

((All carts are run via the Amian Trader Federation, regardless of who or where they come from... =P Willy needs to do his research.))

Yossarin

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 04 2007, 20:03 PM 

Player

// You'll note that Amian Cart Services, a subsidary of the Amian Trade Federation, runs a service line to the Salandran Temple, hence why they're located there by the gate. The Salandrans make the medicine, and Amian Cart Services runs the caravan taking it elsewhere.

On the morning after the disaster, Regional Director Hartman arrives in Cordor on a ferry from Forrstakkr, and proceeds purposefully to the central office in Cordor. Shortly before lunch, he exits the building and issues a very stern statement and a harsh reprimand.

"Today we grieve the loss of our Partners employed by Amian Cart Services, along with our most faithful clients in the Salandran faith, who also suffered at the hands of a most vicious and bloodthirsty enemy. Amian Cart Services has done nothing but bring a quality land-based transit infrastructure, leading to increased supply across the Amian island; the employees have been nothing but cordial and polite, not only to our customer base, but to those few adventurers who are willing to provide security for the caravans in exchange for a speedy transportation over the countryside. I say now, to our employees in Amian Cart Services, to the grieving families of those lost in the disaster, and most especially to the vile perpetrators: not one of the deceased deserved this.

I hereby demand that Gurth Balmor, local representative of the Church of Bane, turn over any and all members of his Church who were involved in this attack to our corporate office in either Cordor or Forrstakkr. Failure to comply will result in a termination of future business considerations with the Church of Bane, with the proposal of future economic sanctions.

To those claiming to be part of the HOA - your actions are reprehensible, and rest assured, you will be brought to justice by this island's chief authorities, and will be made to pay for the crimes committed.

The Amian Crafter's and Trader's Federation is already discussing budgeting strongly in caravan security in light of this attack. The safety of our employees is paramount. Our sincerest condolences to all of those who mourn their losses today; we mourn with you."

His mustache bristling, Regional Director Hartman returns to the Cordor Office.

Zanthair

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 04 2007, 21:13 PM 

Player

*When word of these events passes to Zanthair, now in the Long and the Short, all he does is laugh.*

Serves those damn carrige drivers right for throwing me off so many times. I hope more are burnt.

*Quickly pens a letter, and pays a begger coin to bring it to Speedy's, so that he won't have to pass by the guards*

Aleph

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 04 2007, 21:37 PM 

Player

* A private letter smelling feintly of brimstone and bearing the Ve'eer seal is hand delivered by currier imp to Regional Director Hartman. *

"WHEREAS both the First and Second Matriarchs of House Ve'heer are members of the Trade Federation,

WHEREAS the business of House Ve'heer relies heavily on the free flow of trade, services, and souls,

WHEREAS the First Matriarch of House Ve'heer does not believe in dirtying her boots without having someone in mind to lick them clean,

AND WHEREAS the Second Matriarch of House Ve'heer is short of patience and prefers carts and portals to walking through endless wastes of goblins and orcs that haven't a prayer to defeat her yet slow her journey by needlessly shedding their blood on her blade,

The following statement is agreed upon:

It is the opinion of this House, given past experience with the Banites and the Church of Bane, neither of which this House is affiliated with officially, that the attack was not sanctioned by the Church of Bane proper but that the culprits, the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, acted alone and of their own accord.

Further, it is the opinion of this House that the deceitfully named Horsemen of the Apocalypse, which is in fact not a cavalry and therefore brings disorder to the common tongue, only serves to create the very lawlessness and disruption of commerce and agricultural trade that has resulted in the Great Horse Shortage that renders us all, including, ironically, the perpetrators, horseless.

Lastly, it is the opinion of this House that the Horsemen of the Apocalypse are largely imbecilic and prone to acts of murderous bafoonery.

THEREFORE, this House offers diplomatic and various other services (that will not be enumerated) to deal with the problem should it be desired.

Signed,

Scarlet Ve'heer, First Matriarch

Evangeline Ve'heer, Second Matriarch"

Evangeline Ve'heer
Jynx
Sariah

Last edited by Aleph on Wed, Sep 05 2007, 2:07 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Kjetta

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 05 2007, 1:04 AM 

Player

Upon having the rumors confirmed to him by Sir Hartmans reprimand, Al'Tustra hung his heavy head. Nothing could cheer him up seemingly;
and he could only muster a forced politeness to the clerk even as his awaited cargo finally arrived at the central office in Cordor. Apparently the delay had been caused by the increased security measures. He did the necessary paper work involved, but could not bring himself to work any more. For the rest of the work day, he could be seen, sitting in his corner, wearing a dispassionate scowl.
And the crates lay still unopened as he and a few of his colleagues locked up, and made their way to the Nomad. There, they drank and celebrated the fallen. Their drunken songs rang out into the night:

“I was a Cart Driver. Along the trade routes I did ride.
Sword and crossbow at my side.
And many a young maiden lost her baubles to my trade.
And many a brigand shed his lifeblood on my blade.
The bastards got me in the spring of seventy-five.
But I am still alive...”

*Stolen from The Highwaymen

BlackDahlya

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 05 2007, 1:52 AM 

Player

Location: Land of the Scorching Sun, Empowered by Global Warming

Daniel

Upon hearing the news, he can be seen patrolling those roads, weapons nowhere to be seen.

"They will feel all the fury of the Vethigix Darastrix" He mutters to himself, looking up at the sky and bowing while saying a prayer. "Let them dare hurt any more innocents, let them dare harm Valkirya, her children or Renee."

Valkirya

"Goddess... as if attacks to our kin were not enough, now we have danger lurking on our roads."

Sometimes she can be seen patrolling with Daniel, sometimes by herself, and sometimes with Oninre. Having learned her lesson, the hilt of her twin blades is always close at hand. A look of determination in her eyes makes her light green eyes glow like a green fire.

Once Upon A Time Played
Adr'ael Ken'rahel, Auron Teken’ath, Aurora Mesodias, 'Daniel' Daoskinaxarijikkym, Eilin'ira, Helena Rios, Layla Faircurrent, May'Une Do'Ndar, Mellinda Tellus, Michael of Cliffside, Rizzen of Twilight, Valkirya d'Claddath

Galenson

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 05 2007, 7:40 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

Ignoring the protests and the "it's not her way Templar!" comments, Jack grabs all his morningstars, straps on his armour and locks down the visor of his helm.

"They think they're tough bastards picking on innocent women and old men dressed in the armour of the lady. I'll show them the true meaning of fear as I tear their ligaments apart and keep them alive to witness it. Their fear does not work on a man who has none."

"Eye for an eye. I might go find Jud, he's got the same feelings and I'm sure he like me will enjoy watching them bleed."

//over reaction yes. that's the aim.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 05 2007, 7:55 AM 

Player

A monk clad in black and green delivers a press release to the office of the Amian Recorder.

The Church of Bane condemns this needless attack upon the island's commerce and those who conduct it. Commerce is the lifeblood of the island, and such random acts of disruption are to no one's benefit. The Church on all levels frowns upon acts of wanton chaos to acheive any ends, and those who have been identified as perpetrators are being punished in the severest ways imaginable.

The Church regrets any disruption caused by this unauthorized action, and has gladly offered just compensation to those adversely affected.

Black Rose Leader

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 05 2007, 14:22 PM 

Player

*Trent leaves a note for the director*

Good sir I've done some looking into this matter I can give you names of people involved, including that of the so called "Survivor" who in fact is a banite in service of the isle of Tarkuul. Also I would assure you that the defenders are making it a point to see justice done on behalf of the innocent people slaughtered in this tragedy.

Trent Blake

"Building is like head shots, those that can will.
Those that can't, complain."

*QFE*

Metalien

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 05 2007, 16:50 PM 

Player

Metalien Sikth hasn't been seen for some days, nobody knows where he is or what he's doing.
Some Templars say they saw a man in Black and Red armour with a large Bastard Sword leaving the grounds a few days back, his face was obsured behind a helmet.

Infernal_Pain

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 06 2007, 18:02 PM 

Player

*Roland sighs and rubs his chin*

"Difficult times... I pray Father Metalien can think of a way to handle the situation without drastic measures."

*He makes his way into the main hall of Kelemvor's temple and kneels for a prayer for those lost in the raids*

GothicSauce

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 07 2007, 22:57 PM 

Player

*Egan hears the rumors and wonders if anyone is interested in the location of the Banite Idol*

Hmmm....in this case...I couldn charge fer the knowledge...nope...on the house this one would be! And the Horseies...well...maybe they finally stepped to far...that whole plot against ...well maybe it'll crumble!

*he appears to be looking for anyone to tell...but few pay attention to a Hin, when matters are this Big*

~Anne Frank

Last edited by GothicSauce on Sat, Sep 08 2007, 1:42 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Metalien

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 08 2007, 0:40 AM 

Player

Returning from his solitude in the mountains Metalien Sikth settles back into temple life as best he can.
Fliers are sent out to all Salandrans on the island pleading with them not to overeact and taint the holy mother's name with rash acts of violence.
Peace and Composure are two words that Metalien preaches often to his people, those words are sorely tested by this action, but with thier usual grace and dignity, the salandrans continue with life, not forgetting the fallen, but not provoking further attacks by acting rashly.

Link

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 08 2007, 2:59 AM 

Player

A dark boat rolls in to the Cordorian docks through the fog in the dead of night. Wrapped in his silver cloak and armour, Valorian disembarks the vessel from his recent journey which has left him fruitful...but exhausted. He makes his way through the darkened streets, nearing Cordor east when the quiet of the night is broken by the loud call of Mike, the Paperboy.

"Does that child never sleep...?" Valorian asks himself as he passes by him.

"Banites and Horsemen of Apocalypse attack Salandran carts! Extra! Extra!" young Mike the Paperboy cries to the lonely square. Valorian stops in his tracks and turns on his heels, grabbing Mike up by his tattered tunic, drawing him close and narrowing his eyes.

"What did you just say, boy...?" Valorian growls lowly. To this, Mike hands him an Amian Recorder and Valorian drops him to the ground. And low and behold, there it is. An article detailing the attack.

Valorian folds the paper and tucks it into his pack, quickening his pace to Armegeddon.

Link

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 08 2007, 2:59 AM 

Player

chefwudan

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 24 2007, 16:03 PM 

Player

When Nick hears of the attacks he see an oppurtunity for his Messengers to aid their fellow Traders.

He quickly sends a message to Yossarin:

I would like to offer my Messengers services to aid the cart service, to in fact use some Messengers to deliver the goods for the cart service, seeing that those lost during the attacks would need to be replaced to keep the trade lines going and showing those cowardly Horsemen that there attacks won't scare the Trade Federation or stop them from providing a service to the towns across Amia. In fact i can only hope they try again with any of my Messengers in tow.

We can discuss in more detail at the meeting

Nick

DrowSlicer

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 24 2007, 16:22 PM 

Player

Damien Clauth reclines backwards, his feet resting on a table, as he stares down his nose at his mountains of gold, tucked comfrotably away in his hide out. He ponders about the caravan attacks, and finally one day he leaves cordor with a large backpack of digging implements, and a bag olf holding full of nasty alchemical incendiarys.

radyll

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 30 2007, 22:27 PM 

Player

After hearing this, Kyran Silently smiles from behind his helmet.
Thinking "excellent, those men I can use.."

Even Gods can burn. But for now, I wait patiently... --Siras--

Julia Moonshade

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 01 2007, 1:39 AM 

Player

She stares at the note long and hard... not quite understanding it. After awhile it eventually makes sense.
She holds back a laugh, a wicked smile however plays across her lips.

Sokar Rostau

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 04 2007, 8:10 AM 

Player

Keldht Wyrmtongue was reading while he dined in the Lowland Delta when he heard the news. As he listened to the cart driver relating the tale an almost imperceptible smile played on his lips. He withdrew a piece of paper and a quill from within his purple robes and wrote down the name "Horsemen of the Apocalypse" before placing the paper inside the book.

The bag sitting on his lap moved and a small scaly red head popped out. Offering the baby dragon a piece of meat, eagerly swallowed, Keldht gently ran his hand over her head and neck and whispered into her ear "I think we may finally have found some people of use on these islands, Xeg." Xegethys was clearly pleased. Keldht took another piece of meat from the plate and moved to put it in his mouth, but the baby dragon was too quick, snatching the meat from his hand and curling up inside the bag again.

"Now," muttered Keldht, as he took more food from the plate "where has that damned Dwarf gotten to?"

"It's a Warhorse, baby."
"Whose Warhorse is this?"
"Zed's"
"Who's Zed?"
"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."

soundofastream

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 24 2007, 7:21 AM 

Player

The news takes several months to finally reach Forrstakkr and immediately, Illithira is asked by the order to investigate further. She sets out writing a letter to the Salandran temple.

Dear Salandrians

It is with deepest regret that our old enemies the Banites have assaulted you, a peace loving order of healers for nothing more than sheer bloody destruction and mayhem.

I have been tasked by my Order to seek out and destroy these Banites who have harmed you so and to protect your healers on the roads from this day forth. Note that the Church of Helm will offers our protective services so that no more of your people come to harm. The Order of the Everwatch Knights with guard and protect your caravan's if you so wish it? Though we are few in number, I have been assigned this task of lending aid in this matter to your Order.

I shall hereby jump on the nearest ship and meet with members of your Order to further discuss the best way forward.

Ever Vigilant and ever On Guard,

Alert Illithira Frostmaiden
Order of the Everwatch Knights
Temple of Helm

Mighty Bender

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 08 2007, 23:27 PM 

Player

As he walked the road to Guldorland, along the tall crags and web slung rocks... Denner Voss came accross a burned caravan, bodies strewn about, blood soaking the ground...
"Hm..." He said, "This is not good... Who would leave so much evidence behind without a care to the dead?"
Denner notices that the bodies have been stripped of their valuables, and each cart of the caravan is emptied of its goods.

He bends down and picks up a small, dead child... "What is this?" He asks...
The childs forehead is cut, inscribed with a mark of the Banites.
Denner develops a look of sorrow and anger, his eyes narrow to slits...
This can no go unpunished....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]