View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
IronAngel

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 11 2007, 23:47 PM 

Player

For several nights, priests of Salandra have been having strange dreams; they float on the crimson sky at dawn, and two smooth, milky hands approach them from nowhere in particular. As the hands get closer, it's apparent they are holding something that glows bright. Suddenly, a white seagull lands on the palms, into the light.

It's yet another rainy night, as a woman in tattered white robes crawls to the gates of Salandra's temple. She is exhausted and starving, and it seems her only possessions are a mysterious spear, a pendant with the imprint of two palms, and two heavy tablets of stone.

She is taken into the sick wardens, where she dies before dawn. However, rumours of her last words spread through the compound: "Your Oracle has done what You asked, white mother.. I am coming to you, knowing that the tablets are recovered and truth sees daylight." With these words, the calm woman closes her eyes and passes away.

Curious about the words' meaning, the priest who tended to the woman goes to examine her belongings, and makes an amazing discovery. Soon word is sent to the Temple Father and throughout the temple that the lost story of Salandra the Healer has been discovered on the stone tablets the stranger brought with her. This news arouses interest in the clergy and everyone wants to see it for themselves. Old sages of the priesthood also know to tell that the spear the stranger had with her is the legendary Lance of the Oracle, a weapon rumoured to pass down from champion to champion, having been wielded by the first Oracle Eysheila herself. Both the spear and the tablets are placed in the heart of the temple, guarded by templars at all times.

An image of two hands holding a glowing spark is carved on the ancient tablets. After the symbol, people can read the following words in an older version of written Common:

The Stone Tablets of Salandra

In times long lost, there was good and evil, just like today, just like in the eons to come. There was illness, famine, pain and death. But there were also those who did not give up. There were those who stood up against the vile and foul. There were heroes.

This is the tale of three such heroes. This is the tale of Salandra the Healer.

Salandra was born to insignificant parents on an insignificant island in the Trackless Sea. Humans were only starting to inhabit the island of Amia, and were faced with many difficulties. Salandra saw the agony and poverty of the people, and her heart ached. She prayed to the Crying God to ease their pain, and He called for her.

Salandra, now a priestess of Ilmater, worked hard in the years to come. She forsook a comfortable life and joined with two other women: Morgana, a strong-willed and determined farmer's daughter, and Eysheila, a wayfarer, pure of heart, in search of a purpose. The Merciful Three quickly made a name for themselves in the turmoil of Amia, a land in desperate need of champions of the common folk. They would heal the sick wherever they went, drive back bands of monsters and help villages in any way they could.

But destiny had more in store for them. A horrible malady was spreading. Nearly a quarter of the population was infected and the victims returned as undead. It was clear to Salandra that she was to act, that this was her calling. Her companions did not hesitate either. They set out to find the source of this famine and vanquish the undead; Salandra with her morningstar, Morgana with mace and crossbow, and Eysheila with her mighty spear.

With guidance from the higher powers, the Three found and confronted the source of this evil: a powerful priest of Talona. The battle was fierce, but the gods were with the Three. It was Eysheila's spear that pierced this foul man's heart, but too late. The curse had been bestowed upon the lands of Amia. It would take power beyond the reach of anyone on Amia to stop the spell. Yet Salandra walked straight into the dark heart of the pulsing curse, and began to unweave it. Faith alone kept her on her feet. With compassion, devotion and the goodness in her soul, Salandra dissolved the malady of Talona. Once it was done, she closed her eyes and was taken from the cares of the world.

The Broken God was moved by this act of selflessness and love. He took the body of Salandra and held her in His arms, crying for the loss. As the tears of a god fell upon her forehead, Salandra awoke. Divinity rushed through her, and she ascended. From then on, Salandra the Healer has served Ilmater beyond time and space, as the gentle goddess we know today.

Later, Salandra appeared to her companions, and spoke: "Friends. Though I have passed from this world, I have not forgotten it. You must make sure it does not forget me, or the work we have done, either. Morgana, strong and warm: Go and build a house in my name. Continue our work, care for the world and be the foundation of my teachings. Eysheila, fearless and wise: Travel the lands near and far, right the wrongs you see, spread my word and do what I ask of you.. Be my long-reaching arm and mouth."

The women heeded Salandra's commands. Morgana became the first Temple Mother to the church of Salandra, and Eysheila acted on her own, as a travelling Oracle of the Lady in White. The church may face many changes in the eventful centuries to come, but these two pillars of the faith will never cease to exist. They have been dictated by Salandra herself.

The guy that probably has sexual fantasies about masturbation. I mean, Iron, you're a bookworm nerd that even in your wildest escapism fantasies flee to the internet to play the role of another bookworm nerd? Come on!

BlackDahlya

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 16 2007, 23:49 PM 

Player

Location: Land of the Scorching Sun, Empowered by Global Warming

When Malia hears the rumours, her grey-blue eyes nearly sparkle with a light of their own, probably due to her half-celestial heritage.

As soon as she has a chance, she passes minutes in silent contemplation of the items, reading the story over and over again, everytime muttering a silent prayer to Salandra, for finally sharing with her children the story of her life.

I knew it in my heart that I would not be disappointed upon changing my faith. Such a beautiful story of a selfless life. I will always honor you, Lady, and will keep spreading your story of self-sacrifice and love, doing my best, mayhap even the impossible, to further your cause.

With those thoughts, she walks out of the room and goes back dedicating to her studies.

Once Upon A Time Played
Adr'ael Ken'rahel, Auron Teken’ath, Aurora Mesodias, 'Daniel' Daoskinaxarijikkym, Eilin'ira, Helena Rios, Layla Faircurrent, May'Une Do'Ndar, Mellinda Tellus, Michael of Cliffside, Rizzen of Twilight, Valkirya d'Claddath

Metalien

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 17 2007, 18:32 PM 

Player

Metalien Sikth is seen on many occasions, praying near the grave of the fallen lady, his eyes damp with joy.
Knowing the significance of these items he takes his share of turns to guard the items and makes a request to the rest of the clergy that they all take time, no matter how combat skilled they are, to help the Templars watch over these sacred items and care for the needs of the special few who are charged with thier protection.

"Family of the Temple, it is a sign that our hard work has been heeded, we are reunited with these sacred items and it is up to us to prevent them falling into the hands of undesirables.
Our lady's love brings us together, we must at all times remember the sacrifice that she made so many eons ago, nor must we forget the sacrifice of the unknown lady who brought us these sacred artifacts.
Pray for this, pray for them and let your hearts be lifted by the touch of our Maiden"

The unknown lady who brought the artifacts to the Temple is layed in the catacombs with the fallen clergy and a two roses are placed on her grave daily, a single white one and a single red one.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]