View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Yossarin

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 28 2007, 3:14 AM 

Player

Advertisements for an upcoming charity auction appear across Amia on cheap paste-ups, newspaper advertisements, and general word-of-mouth.

The Brothers (and Sisters) of Bendir Dale, accompanied by Mystra's Musicians, are proud to present:

Bachelor Auction for Charity!

Ladies, have you ever told yourself that you would leap at the chance to go on a special solo date with one of Amia's most eligible (or ineligible) bachelors, even if meant you had to pay for it? Well, the opportunity has finally arrived!

The Brothers (and Sisters) of Bendir Dale, in conjunction with Mystra's Musicians of the Tower of the Arcane, will be hosting a series of bachelor auctions at a series of venues this season, including Cordor Square, Kampo's Storehouse, the Hin Inn, and other friendly atmospheres. All of the money raised during this fundraising event will be separated equally and donated to three important and deserving charities:

1) The Bendir Dale Revitalization Drive, an organization whose overarching goal is to keep the hin village out of debt proceeding the necessary renovations made after a disastrous fire burned down the old Government Building and a large residential sector of the hamlet;

2) Sympathy for South Cordor, a public works group operating out of South Cordor that uses donated funds to beautify and clean the most economically depressed sector of Cordor, to keep various soup kitchens in full operation, and to provide funding for the construction of low-income shelters;

3) The Amian Allegiance of Artists, a non-profit union comprised of several contributors to the arts from the Tower of the Arcane, the Storyteller's Triumvir, and other locales across the island, dedicated to the preservation of the cultural zeitgeist and the inspiration for artistic revitalization and evolution, who support the careers of starving and as-of-yet undiscovered artists by sponsoring open galleries for shows, unveilings, and concerts.

Eligible (or ineligible) bachelors will be brought one by one to the auction block and publically auctioned for the following:

- One evening date, in whatever locale or venue the auctioned bachelor and the winner mutually agree upon.

- Your choice of a complimentary candlelight dinner on the Okappa Otama's scenic waterside patio, or an evening's romantic boat ride up the sunset coast of the Amian Island provided by Cordorian Cruise Services.

Auction bids will be made in increments of one thousand. Remember, this is for charity, so do not be afraid to splurge on the man of your choice!

Eligible (or ineligible) bachelors are to be nominated for auction. After nomination, they reserve the right to accept or to decline the nomination with full assurance of privacy; the Brothers (and Sisters) of Bendir Dale and Mystra's Musicians wish to remind those married, engaged, dating, or otherwise "taken" nominees that the two groups will not be held liable for any divorce hearings, physical and emotional trauma, litigation fees or property settlement costs that may result from accepting a nomination without the consent of the spouse or significant other.

// Feel free to post your nominations in this thread for sheer fun. This is an Event that will be randomly called at various times in the server, and all of those eligible (or ineligible) bachelors who wish to be auctioned may step up to the plate, and all of those ladies (or gentlemen of a peculiar persuasion) who have some money to burn on a potentially romantic date may arrive to form the bidding gallery. The date itself will be roleplayed out by you guys privately for the sheer fun and enjoyment.

Yossarin

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 28 2007, 3:24 AM 

Player

Diane Arbor takes a fifteen minute break from her shift at the Chamberpot to scratch down two names and deliver to her sponsors in Sympathy for South Cordor.

Dimitri/Demetri/Dmitri? Fairsburgh/Ferrisburg/Ferisburg, he is a musician in Cordor!

Shane....(I don't know his last name, but he is a weponsmith and I think is from a barbaran tribe)

Mahtan

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 28 2007, 4:29 AM 

Player

*Puff gets word of the Bachelor Auction and he just cant wait*

Woo! Puffs big chance. Puff better get ready.

*Puff writes down a nomination for himself, which is easily mistaken as someone else nominating him due to his tendancy to write, and speak in 3rd person*

Puff would like to enter Bachelor Auction.

Race: Puffs a Goblin
Hobbies: Puff plays lotta musics and likes to "move it move it"
Favorite Color: Puff's favorite color woulds hav'ta be green
Favorite Food: Puff's favorite food is lotsa things but Puff loves Chocolate cake.
Talents: Puff's a bard and he can cast good magic. Puff is also very portable, does'nt mind being in bag of holding.
Appearance: Puff saw himself in a mirror once. Puff like what he see.

Zanthair

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 28 2007, 6:32 AM 

Player

*Zanthair casually walks up, slips a nomination, then leaves, doing so in a way to attract as little attention as possible*

The Nomination reads as follows, and is written in flowing, feminine common script:

Shan Arna

This human is extremely friendly, and is sure to make you laugh. Quick of tongue (both speech and otherwise) and is fully capable of making your heart scream. He is a devoted man with soft features, but able to hold his own in a fight. Shan is also one who is very fun to play with, though he would pretend otherwise.

Best wishes to the lucky lady,

Calthir

justice_prevails

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 28 2007, 7:23 AM 

Player

A nomination is left on parchment, with elegant caligraphy in an eyecatching purple. It says only one word, as if that will explain everything.

"~Vrinn~"

Zante

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 28 2007, 7:28 AM 

Player

*when Valas reads about this, he chuckles and sends in a nomination*

Klaggers - smart guy, good wizard, likes to make jokes. Very lonely.

.oO(If this works out, he might calm a bit, for a while at least)

Dakotaen

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 28 2007, 10:42 AM 

Player

Dribo strolls by a poster, at first not stopping, but then taking the two steps back that he had passed, and turns his eays towards it`.

The 'ells d' we 'ave 'ere? Sellin' men eh? Be ashamed they should, no' even I'd sell meself, an' I could use the gol', tha's fer damn sure.

He frowns and steps away, but suddenly stops mid-step, turns and walks back to the poster

Wonder if these fellas be still aroun'

He scribbles down a few words before leaving in a hurry.

Them two Defender fellas...[/i]

Characters: Currently trying my best to stick to Beridoc Brushgale

El Toffee

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 28 2007, 11:04 AM 

Player

Alephenka writes down, clearly, 'Laethrian'.. That being done, she snickers and wonders whether he IS single or not.

She pads back and adds:

Sweet guy, young, strong, fairly good looking.. Has an inexplicable liking for jesters.

In-active player. Active Lurker.

Last edited by El Toffee on Fri, Dec 28 2007, 13:48 PM, edited 1 time in total.

camthrax

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 28 2007, 11:17 AM 

Player

*Molt, after seeing one of these posters after a few beers, writes in sloppy, tiny hand writing...*

Gurth Balmor...

*he runs off with a chuckle*

Delarwyn

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 28 2007, 13:38 PM 

Player

*Delarwyn reads the posts and smiles mischiesvously, talking to herself* It would be interesting to see Scarlet face if someone nominates Krin. *grins*

*her playfull thought gets quickly erased from her mind as she remembers of her beau and decides to make a quick visit before going back to Winya.* The idea of everything for a good cause has limits *mumbles*

Del's Characters Entry - Amiawiki.

maughter

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 28 2007, 16:05 PM 

Player

*after a few hours of sitting around the outskirts of Bendir Dale, Khe'ala
spots one of the flyers as it wafts past on a breeze. she catches it with the
spiked heel of her boot & takes her time reading through it, a grin slowly
forming on her lips. after letting the thought settle for a while, she goes in
search of a notice still attached to a wall*

Niss'assa Is'Def, current head of house & archer of known skill

*with that she allows herself a slight chuckle, then wanders off into the night*

dimension_w

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 28 2007, 17:47 PM 

Player

*Kai Lung, with a huge blush on her cheeks, adds her nomination to the poster, in beautiful Kara-Turan handwriting.*

"Nogochi Kakurosai" A tall handsome man, with emearald sparkling green eyes, his hair dreaded short for combat, a beard signifying his wise shaped face, his body wiry and tall, commanding authority and awe.

- Thimblepot (Amia's Resident Brownie)
- Greta Sólveig (Barbarian raised by Dwarves)

BlackDahlya

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 28 2007, 23:19 PM 

Player

Location: Land of the Scorching Sun, Empowered by Global Warming

Helena notices a flyer during one of her walks from the Triumvir to Cordor East. She freezes in her spot, deep in thought, then slowly brushes her fleshy, crimson lips, as if shaping with her fingers the smiling taking form there. The Whip Dancer goes back to her room at the Triumvir and writes a note, with a different handwritting from her own.

She knows that in the end the nomination could be declined both by the auctioneers or the nominee, but she swore to herself that the man who was once the love of her life is now her ArchNemesis and she will do anything within her reach to make him know what was the consequence for breaking her heart: from the smallest mischief to the most devious scheme.

"Harrik Lugh.
I am the ArchCouncilor of Sorcery at Mystra's Tower and I am really fond of young girls, though that means girls with a decent age, ~not~ children. Wherever I pass, females cannot take their eyes off of me and even males, sometimes, seem to turn glittering eyes at me. I have the most amazing brandy-brown eyes, the most perfect smile, the most magnificent body (given to me by nature herself with maybe a touch of Mystra!) and my hair flows as lightly as a strand of silk on a breeze. I am truly gifted, in every sense of the word. I have other skills but, truly, I wish to spare the eyes of the poor man, or the weak heart of the poor woman, who happens to receive this nomination."

The Whip Dancer started writing a note with Jud'Vardas' name, but changed her mind. The drow, her old friend, did not give Helena a reason already to act towards him that way.

"Let us hope he will never give a reason." Helena mutters to herself as she leaves her room to deliver the nomination.

Once Upon A Time Played
Adr'ael Ken'rahel, Auron Teken’ath, Aurora Mesodias, 'Daniel' Daoskinaxarijikkym, Eilin'ira, Helena Rios, Layla Faircurrent, May'Une Do'Ndar, Mellinda Tellus, Michael of Cliffside, Rizzen of Twilight, Valkirya d'Claddath

Marcus Furyin

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 29 2007, 1:52 AM 

Player

*Reriel, after finding one of the posters jots down Arlen and Krin's name and leaves it at that*

Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 29 2007, 5:50 AM 

Player

*Renee relaxes in the shade provided by a tree in the meeting area of Lemur Monestary after sparring with her lover, Daniel. Watching Daniel, whom is shirtless and drawing water from a nearby well, from a little ways away, a smile comes to her lips as she reaches into her magic bag for a flyer she had found on the side of the monestary's brewhouse, which advertised the auction, and a notebook. Risking a couple more glances at Daos and holding back some laughter, she began to write his nomination.*

Daniel:

Daniel is a gorgeous human male in his mid-twenties. He has pleasantly thick ebony hair, which is stops just below his ears. His eyes are iridescent or sky blue, and tend cycle through a myriad of colors; creating a display that beckons for you to get lost within. His smile and his laughter are enough to make many a heart flutter with infatuation, and undeniable bliss. He speaks with a delightfully relaxed accent, which only adds to his charm. His physique is toned, and tan for all of his six feet of lusciousness. Sensual, handsome, sexy, honorable and kind are all words that can describe Daniel. His polite, comfortable, and humourous nature will keep anyone captivated, and entertained for hours.

Warning: Daniel attracts Barbarian Tribesmen who many attempt to steal him from you for a date of their own.

ILoveIceCream

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 29 2007, 15:42 PM 

Player

*a shady figure jots down a name with his left hand* Nesthien

*with his right hand* Valafein, Jud'vardas, Krin Shadowflame, Valas

El Toffee

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 29 2007, 17:57 PM 

Player

Jsa saunters up and quickly writes, in elegant blue ink, a description and name.

Athelai or Tian -

Tian, or Athelai, is a tall, fairly handsome fellow of an Elf. He favours the arts and is a performer by trade. Unfortunately, like all artists, he can be rather grumpy. But really, it's not his fault.

These immortal words completed, Jsa wanders away.

This note is later scratched away, with the words 'Not for sale' underneath.

Last edited by El Toffee on Sun, Dec 30 2007, 15:16 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Delarwyn

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 29 2007, 18:03 PM 

Player

Dela, after thinking about her friends that could be interesting for an auction, add two more names to the list.

Iaide Amne. *smiles, he will probably kill me*

Nasrudin. *I hope Ilona knows I have his authorization to do so*

Del's Characters Entry - Amiawiki.

Khylaria

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 30 2007, 1:33 AM 

Player

*a lone, shady figure spots one of the flyers during one of his infrequent trips to the Shrine of Eilistraee. he tilts his head in thought, then smiles mischievously as he jots down a name for submission, then quickly hurries away, letting out a soft, low chuckle as he continues in his wandering around the isle*

Yudann Am'Anodel

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 30 2007, 2:12 AM 

Player

*Nasrudin giggles mischievously, and writes down a name*
Karleron Undt

Jaydn

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 30 2007, 7:27 AM 

Player

*angel looks around at the names, and anywhere he sees the name of Krin, he crosses it out, per request from the monarchy. He continues to go back every once in a while to check and see if any more 'krins' pop up. He then writes up his name on the paper.*

Angel Riker Shadowflame.

A strong warrior who knows what he can handle. He's also kind, when not angered, and gentle when not distressed. He can be a very good companion for the evening

Draco Asen

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 30 2007, 8:57 AM 

Player

Vashen after being prodded at by Seh to do so writes down his own name.

Hi there,

I'm Vashen, I'm supposed to write about myself. I'm tall from my northern descent and have been told to write I am built athletically from my training as a swordsman. I have shoulder length blonde hair and blue eyes. I have a few scars from a life well lived.

I have a love for all animals especially my puppy Winharl, who I regret to say would have to accompany me to the auction and afterwards as I have no one who can take her. My interests involve travel, swords, blades, the orphans I care for, and the children I help in south cordor.

I really dont know what else to write.

May your sword stay sheathed,
Vashen Dirge.

sYuzan

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 30 2007, 14:02 PM 

Player

*Yudann Am'Anodel notices the list, also his own name on it and frowns. Then takes out Matteo's quill and scratches away his own name.*

Ramika wrote:
Of the things I know about Guano, half I shouldn't post.

Ice wrote:
Killer of threads! Bane of continuity. Herald of hiatus. All those things and sometimes even paladins.

fjook

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 31 2007, 12:16 PM 

Player

Rideran notices the posters, but does not bother to read them.

Dean reads the note, but realizes he is not well known enough to nominate people.

Cellina comes arcros the poster, and after reading t from greater invisibility, starts cackling as she rights down one name in big lettering. She then moves off, still invisibile and Crackling.

Shan

Go here to learn more about Shada - http://fjook.piczo.com/?cr=3&rfm=y

Khylaria

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 31 2007, 20:54 PM 

Player

*Raine walks by one of the notices with a small shrug, then tilts her head and turns back to read it. She reads down the list of names who have already been nominated, chuckling softly at a name or two, then pauses as she recalls a recent conversation she had at the Nomad. A mischievous smile forms on her lips as she takes out a quill and inkwell, then quickly jots down a name, not caring if anyone sees her as she submits her nomination*

Kell Ap Morgan Shadowflame

Mighty Bender

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 03 2008, 3:15 AM 

Player

Denner Voss decides to do at least ONE good thing in his life and signs himself up for one of the auctions!

He is sure to win favor amongst the Human audience! lol!

ILoveIceCream

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 03 2008, 4:03 AM 

Player

*Nesthien crosses himself off the list*

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 03 2008, 23:30 PM 

Player

After going back and forth on this several times, Nasrudin scraches himself off the list.

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 16 2008, 23:41 PM 

Player

Location: On a Disk, carried by four elephants, which stand on a gigantic turtle.

*Xal tosses in a piece of paper as he strolls by*

Quote:
"My name is Xal.

I am a Drow, not elistraeen and not lolthite. I am a dancer by trade and a shaper of shadows, my home is the cool Darkness.

My hair is long and white, I prefer common to the language of my kin and my accent has long since gone. I am of atheletic build and I consider myself moderatly good with a bow. I enjoy danger.

I do this to show Cordor that I am here to make a difference to this town. I wish to become involved in the good works, to offer my services to those in need.

I have a question for you...Do you fear the unknown shadows?

My name is Xal.
Come dance with me."

"Do ye know where the Holy-Flamin' Frost-brand Gronk-slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' woundin' an' returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-out-yer-bum is?"

The Golden Gnome

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 06 2008, 9:38 AM 

Player

*Bops signs up - just for a laugh*

joeymango29

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 07 2008, 8:01 AM 

Player

*A drunken Loki stumbles up to the board, scrathes his head, and draws a stick figure wielding a huge flaming greataxe, somehting that has seem to become his drunken signature. The word "Loki" has an arrow leading from it to the picture.*

Ghostie_1

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 08 2008, 7:23 AM 

Player

Lolinus Stormbeard spots one of the posters and after reading it, begins to laugh in the most dreadfully sinister of ways. He glances around, grabs a quill, and writes something down quickly. He sets down the quill, eyes darting around evilly, and throws his paper in with the bunch.

"I hereby be fer nominatin' the most durned sexy ogre any o' the lasses'll ever be gettin' a chance ter lay with. His name be Crunch!"

Though the handwriting is quite terrible, the name "Crunch" is written in full caps, complete with an array of underlines, so the point manages to get across, regardless of the typically drunken dwarf's handwriting.

Sunkin Sheep

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 08 2008, 20:11 PM 

Player

Demetri Farrisburg wanders out of the Nomad one day finds himself taken aback by one of these posters with his own name on it! The poor bard, worried and nervous as a newborn puppy, decides it's best he hides in the Nomad to save himself from awkward stress and overall shyness until this whole endeavor would be long forgotten.

Laika-Unknown

Halen_Van

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 08 2008, 20:21 PM 

Player

*Zanthos puts his name on the list*

Zanthos,

Construct with adopted male persona.
Dislikes: Slavery. Chaos. Children (not all, just most.)

While I am a construct, any attempt to use this auction as a justification on an attempt to "own" me for longer than I desire will result in lose of skeletal integrity and sharp decrease in vital signs.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 08 2008, 21:58 PM 

Player

Xaviera reads over the names with a smile, seeing several with whom she wouldn't mind renewing an intimate acquaintance. Fruitlessly she flips through the attached pages, looking for any indication of a specific date or contact information. I would love to get in touch with this Sympathy for South Cordor group, she muses. Since prostitution was banned, the conditions for working girls in that part of town are simply terrible...

"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt
AmiaWiki mod (mostly inactive)

MoshingChris

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 09 2008, 5:11 AM 

Player

The dwarf Tharin wanders by the sign and looks at it for just over two hours silently going over every letter until he has the general gist of the notice. His face crinkles up as he grins and scratches at his face with a huge paw like hand.

"Hurr hurr"

Scrawls two letters in totally illegible script

Ao.

And then under that. . .

Hunar.

"Hurr hurr"

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 09 2008, 9:29 AM 

Player

Location: On a Disk, carried by four elephants, which stand on a gigantic turtle.

*Xal walks past again, noticing some interesting new entraints. He scribbles on the post.*

"Halens Red Speedo"

"Spooks"

"Mander"

"Bane and Tempus"

"Do ye know where the Holy-Flamin' Frost-brand Gronk-slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' woundin' an' returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-out-yer-bum is?"

El Toffee

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 09 2008, 10:33 AM 

Player

Maeraes looks at it boredly, then shrugs and signs his name.

He then returns to write a short prelude about himself -

'I don't talk much.'

Last edited by El Toffee on Mon, Feb 11 2008, 16:27 PM, edited 1 time in total.

TheCortroy

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 09 2008, 18:47 PM 

Player

Derk, the hulking warrior tilts his head and merely stares at it for hours, him grabbing a wizard and forcing him too read what it says, after this information has been aquired into his mind he roars in laughter and nominates himself into it.

Derk.

Kosthu tilts his head as he writes his own nomination.

Kosthu Nihlus Alysidorian.

Dislikes: Slavery, Goblins, Racists, and Lolth drow.

Kosthu Nihlus Alysidorian is a young strong lad, full of vigor and power. A look at this lad would show the essence of pure beauty. *He seems too cut off the fact he's a kobold, probably too cause more chaos.*

HedgieLady

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 10 2008, 23:38 PM 

Player

Spotting Vrinn's name in the list, Amaelis gasps in shock.

I wonder if Rith knows about this! she wonders, before starting to hurry off. After a few steps, she turns around and rushes back to scribble a few lines.

Zabine is ~taken~ ladies, so you can just forget it! Don't even think about nominating him.

And so is Vrinn! And the Blake brothers!

She starts to leave again, then turns around as another thought hits her, adding a few more lines.

Oh, and ladies, there's this really cute human druid at the Vale, his name is something like Vash. He's got the most adorable accent and I hear he's single.

Once more starting to leave, she stops with a giggle, turning back and scribbling in an addition.

And for you men out there, there's a simply sweet fellow named Elvithiir. He's not just a great personality, either, he's fit and studly! STUDLY, I tell you!

TheCortroy

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12 2008, 7:59 AM 

Player

Zabine

Uncle-Opustus

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 16 2008, 17:08 PM 

Player

Mûlach walks by and signs a chap named Endleas Something in!

El Toffee

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 16 2008, 17:58 PM 

Player

Maeraes returns and scribbles it out.

Dakotaen

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 16 2008, 18:02 PM 

Player

After having passed the note many a time, Garius finally gives in, and adds to the note...

Daren Sten, of The Eternal Order.

- Anonymous.

...as he wanders off, a frantic snickering can be heard from him, though he hurries away to remain somewhat discrete.

Characters: Currently trying my best to stick to Beridoc Brushgale

Silvarus

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 16 2008, 18:06 PM 

Player

// will these auctions ever be held though?

Uncle-Opustus

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 16 2008, 19:02 PM 

Player

// Wait... Toff? Did you scribble Mûlach's note off?

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 17 2008, 11:09 AM 

Player

*Xal returns again and writes down*

Chivirous Misery

-This guy needs to get laid bad!

HedgieLady

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 17 2008, 12:39 PM 

Player

Passing through, Tamine spots the notices, raising an eyebrow with a small smile. She takes a moment to scrawl down a quick note before wandering off once more.

You might do better to try auctioning off heterosexual women. They're a rarer commodity, after all.

-Hatred-

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 18 2008, 17:22 PM 

Player

*Rith wanders up and looks over the sign, grinning widely, before taking out a small black quill and scribbling in*

Garius. Also known as Berry and Berries.
He likes berries!

TheCortroy

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 22 2008, 0:23 AM 

Player

Kosthu, passing by absently with his head tilted. A mischievious grin comes on his face as he thinks of a certain people.
He takes out his quill and mimics a rather girly handwriting.

-Chiania Windleaf
-Vyashir Indirie
-Meeken Ixen'jir(?)
-Valtin Goldsky
-Mynna...(Beware)
-Scarlet Kross Shadowflame
-Ruce
-Kane Rowe Shadowflame.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next