View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
Kjetta

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 08 2008, 15:17 PM 

Player

//Disclaimer: the players who took and will take part in this are free to share their experiences. But please refrain from posting OOC stuff. Anything OOC related you can send to me.

"Help", she whispered at the top of her lungs. "Monsters....attacked the..came from under the sand." Then she collapsed in a heap on the chess board plaza of Nes'ek Village.

She woke some time later in the temple of the Morninglord, a camel-leather water canteen painfully pressed against her dry lips.
Her recollection of what had happened out there in the sandscape of Ankh'remun desert was later concidered to be crazy talk, at least by most of the denizens of Nes'ek. A stimulated imagination was often the result when the Morninglord stared for too long on a parched desert-traveller, they said.

But inside the temple, Si'neela Akuum, High Priestess of Lathander, thought otherwise. She was pacing over her temple floor, worry carved into her regal face.
The ramblings about mysterious monsters out in the desert usually came from deluded outsiders, but the lady now sleeping in her temple was one of their own. And Si'neela had heard talk about the scorpion men before...

"I am not sure. We shall have to hire some help to investigate the matter", she said to her Captain of the Temple Defenders and cast a worried glance through her window at the the rolling dunes of Ankh'remun.

"What about the vagabonds who brought the woman in?", the Captain suggested.

Last edited by Kjetta on Thu, Jan 31 2008, 10:41 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Kjetta

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 25 2008, 22:23 PM 

Player

*posters are nailed to the message boards outside the Chapel of Lathander in Cordor and outside The Temple of the Morninglord in Nes'ek*

A CALL TO ARMS AND WITS - ADVENTURERS SOUGHT!

Noble Amian adventurers, you of young hearts and bright minds, we find ourselves in need of your bravery, for darkness draws close to our doorstep.
Grotesque monsters have been sighted around Nes'ek Village; it appears we are beset on all sides with no army to rally in response to the threat - but you!

And blessed ("and paid?" *someone has sribbled on the poster in Cordor*)is he who, in the name of bravery and goodness, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and a beacon of hope to his peers.

Paragon of Virtue, Bounty hunter, Pit Fighter, Sword for Hire and Magister alike, if you find yourself adressed by this call and wish to help come to the Temple of Lathander in Nes'ek. Further details and clarifications will be provided there.

The Morninglord illuminate your path!
Si'neela Akuum, Dawnmaster

Last edited by Kjetta on Tue, Feb 05 2008, 16:37 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Kjetta

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 28 2008, 11:19 AM 

Player

//This might seem like good news, but it's a series of quests run by a newb(noob) DM with a boggy internet connection. So, this is not for the weak-hearted of you. Anyhow, if you still want to come along, send me a PM with your class/race/level and I'll put together a nice party. This time, the level range is set to: 10-15 (you can be lower level too, but you'll play the underachiever)

There are 6 available slots in the party.

Slot 1: Anaankeit Dawnbringer, Cleric of Lathander, Aasimar (LetumLux)
Slot 2: Telson Kelter, Sword for Hire, Tiefling (herkles)
Slot 3: Fizzledip Toesmiter, Chaplain of Gaerdal, Gnome (wakaman)
Slot 4: Silvarus Leafbeard, The Dwarven Druid (Silvarus)
Slot 5: Arin, Dazzling Display of Archery, Moon Elf (Zante)
Slot 6: Clayton McCoy, Battlepriest, Human (Dakotaen)
Slot 7: Harold Miller, Soldier of Fortune, Human (Infernal Pain)

The sessions will take place on Thursdays, starting the first this Thursday at 19.00 GMT. (provided my internet holds)

-Kjetil

Zante

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 01 2008, 8:06 AM 

Player

*exerts from Arin's sketchbook*

...Nes'ek is facing a threat, they need heroes to help them. I should investigate...

...They want us to look into strange noises in the desert. The company is...questionable at best. Note to self: Dwarves and personal hygiene don't go together well. At least miss Anaakheit seems to know what she is doing...

...We found the source of the noises. Strange creatures from the sands prey on the minotaurs. We captured one. I was right being wary about my company, most of them are violent and at times unnecessary cruel. Yet, they managed to force the creature to cooperate. We will have it lead us to his leader at dawn...

...we have been traveling the desert place for days now, our supplies are starting to run short. We keep running into more of these creatures along the way. We must be getting near to their lair...

...it would seem we found what we were looking for. A trapdoor hidden in a oasis. One can only wonder what lies ahead...

...our mission was a success. We found the man responsible for the attacks. A follower of Talona, he wishes to wreak havoc on all Ankh'rerum. He tried to recruit us to his side. My companions seemed all too willing to join him, this has me worried. For once I was grateful for the dwarfs temper, as he wouldn't have any of it. The man got away, but not before he summoned a powerful demon. We stood no chance against it in a fight, yet somehow, we managed to banish it back to where it came from. What a relief. The people of Ne'sek need to hear about this. The threat is taken care of, for now. We did a good job. Yet the man escaped...

Kjetta

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 05 2008, 17:11 PM 

Player

Anaankeit Dawnbringer's report to Dawnmaster Si'neela Akuum about what had transpired out in the desert among the Minotaur Cliffs had Nes'ek Village buzzing with rumors and precautious activity. For instance; the ominous revelation identifying the enemy as zealous followers of Talona caused the Dawnmaster to double the guard shifts near the village water source. She also issued orders for the clergy to cast purifciation spells on the water once each 4th hour throughout the day.
Due to all this, a few days passed before the adventurers responsible for aquiring the information in the first place were summoned back to the Temple.

*You receive a letter, telling you to meet again in the Temple of Lathander.*

Last edited by Kjetta on Tue, Feb 05 2008, 17:13 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Kjetta

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 05 2008, 17:12 PM 

Player

//I'm having a paper due Friday, so Thursday is a bit bad for me this week. How about Sunday for you guys? Send me PMs with a wish list of days, mm. And keep the OOC in PMs. However, you are free to write ICly about whatever you like regarding this in this thread.

Rock on!

Kjetta

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13 2008, 3:05 AM 

Player

The sun and relentless waves of Asabi skirmishers were beating down on them. Surrounded, huddled together on top of a desert dune, fighting back to back, they stubbornly made what seemed to be their last stand. No, it didn't look too good. The leaping Asabi warriors seemed utterly oblivious to the gruesome battlements of fallen lizardmen who littered the scene; no matter how many of them who were stabbed to death or blasted to smithereens by magic they just pressed on their attack. And the adventurers knew, even as they spewed curses and soundless battle cries through gritted teeth, that they were doomed.
And one by one they succumbed to the persistent onslaught of arrows and scimitars, and fell lifeless to the sand.
Was this it? Then end of the investigation? And more importantly, was their glorious potential going to be reduced to a fate of bleached bones out in the desert, their purpose in life to serve as a warning to others?

Then, suddenly: A large juggernaut barged through the ranks of Asabi, flailing a large dual-axe above his horned head, sending dead and dying lizardmen tumbling down the dune. Just as the last of the adventurer slipped into merciful unconsciousness he noted the Sand Minotaur wasn't attacking him, he was pushing the Asabi back...he was rescuing them?
"It must be the sun...another mirage," he managed to murmur to a fallen comrade before blackness devoured him(...)

(...) How they ended up back in Nes'ek was a topic of hefty debate, amongst the townsfolk of the village and amongst themselves. Something or someone had transported them from the battle ground to the gates of Nes'ek, but who and why? Nevertheless, they had survived, and Si'neela had summoned them again.

Last edited by Kjetta on Wed, Feb 13 2008, 3:08 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Kjetta

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13 2008, 3:07 AM 

Player

//Act II: Thursday, 16.00 (GMT). The hour is subjectable to influence, within Euro-reason.

Kjetta

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13 2008, 15:00 PM 

Player

//Just realized that the set date is Valentine's day. All euros should all have better things to do this day, kings of romance that we are ;D (even if it's a captilastic custom that has been imported to europe by american cultural imperialism and evil greeting card companies. Grrr!) So, again: postponed!

Kjetta

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 09 2008, 19:23 PM 

Player

//Next and final Episode will be on this Thursday. I'm down with most euro-friendly times, so make some suggestions.

Everybody who has been part of this can join in on the fun : )

Send me a PM with some basic infor about your char, what you have done in relations to this plot so far (so, I know how to get you all on the same page), and a suggestion for when to start this.

-Kjetil

Kjetta

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13 2008, 16:12 PM 

Player

//Only one player so far...

Ok, this is not happening today at least.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]