View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
IronAngel

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 23 2008, 18:50 PM 

Player

The wizard and Councillor Mith has posted the following announcement in Winya:

It has become apperent some are not content with the current Council, and thus, we will now be electing a new one. After discussion with Vilmandel, Amber and I, we've decided the new council will consist of 4 seats. Untell the new council is finalised, Amber and I will continue to hold the responsablity. After the People have choosen the 4 they wish to be the Council, should Amber and I not be relected we will step down.

The way we will figure this is going to be two voting steps. First, each Citizen in good standing is to make two nominations. Write these down and give them to me.((PM via Amia Fourm to Xenos))

Example:

1. Gillaria
2. Amber

~Mith

That is all you need send. I will then tally them up and everyone that gets at least 2 nominations will then be in running for the Council.

Simple rule, you my only nominate a currently good standing citizen of Winya. If other rules need be placed, i will do so as such comes to light.

There will be one Months time to turn in your nominations, after which i will post a tally and set forth the rules for the Voting.

~Mith

((Ends Friday, March 28, 6:00AM PST))

The guy that probably has sexual fantasies about masturbation. I mean, Iron, you're a bookworm nerd that even in your wildest escapism fantasies flee to the internet to play the role of another bookworm nerd? Come on!

Grymia

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 23 2008, 18:53 PM 

Player

*Bryce, if he gets word of this has a mild coniption fit as he then has to resend his request to the new council once elected to see if they'd grant audience with him*

Delarwyn

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 26 2008, 19:57 PM 

Player

((bump))

We still need the vote of most elves around...

folks, if you dont vote you cant complain. :twisted:

Del's Characters Entry - Amiawiki.

soundofastream

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 27 2008, 1:08 AM 

Player

I think this is a little confusing. I sent mine to DM Iron Angel but I think the original post meant it was supposed to go to Xenos in a PM having re-read it? Where do we send these to?

Xenos

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 27 2008, 6:07 AM 

Player

Me, put it dosnt matter. IA sends me whatever he gets. Check the topic on the new council to see if your nominations have been counted, if ur names not on the list, you need to vote!

House Auvrea'Kan Crafts and Services is now open and prepared to discuss orders.

Carter

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 07 2008, 21:07 PM 

Player

*bump* Nominees (you know who you are), feel free to put your statements here, so those without access to the Winya forums can see them. (For a list of nominees, see A Vote for a Council in PC Notice Board).

Last edited by Carter on Mon, Apr 07 2008, 21:10 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Carter

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 07 2008, 21:08 PM 

Player

Greetings, citizens of Winya Ravana,

I am incredibly honored by this nomination, and the thought that you find me worthy of nomination to the Council is something I appreciate very much. I believe myself fully capable of the responsibility you'd give to me, and fully willing to take this responsibility.

I have been on the island for quite some time, and I've seen Winya in many different states. It's current state, though not without its flaws, is one that inspires optimism. Winya has become, more than ever in the past, a safe haven for elves, and a place I am honored to call my home. Were I to be elected to the Council, I would do all within my power not only to keep it that way, but to improve it.

I'm certain many of you, in the past, have been witness or simply heard about my quarrells with Amywiethiel, the Captain of the Waywatchers. Though herself and I have very different ways and means, and we seldom agree, I believe we desire the same basic thing. Peace for our beautiful city. As a Councilor, I would ensure this with a fair hand. Not by hunting those I deem a threat across the island, but by enforcing our ways in our lands, and by keeping those allies we have close to us.

While we remain allies with the dwaves of Brogendenstein, and the Hin of Bendir Dale, our interaction and trade with them is minimal. As a Councilor, I would ensure that trade between Winya Ravana, Bendir Dale, and Brogendenstein would increase, therefore strengthening our already firm alliance.

I will not, however, settle for simply reenforcing old alliances. I will also work at forging new ones. While we often mistrust humans, and have had many poor experiences with them in the past, they can prove to be wonderful allies. If I'm elected to the Council, I'll ensure that our currently strained, or non-existant alliances with the human cities of Cordor, Kohlingen, Wharftown, and Uhm are strengthened. Not only so that we may call upon them in times of need, but so we might work together to bring peace and prosperity not only to Winya Ravana, but to the island as a whole.

I will also ensure that our now prospering military is prepared for both offensive and defensive action, and that they're well funded enough to handle any threats that may arrive.

However, I will not focus only these matters. Any matter that arises, and is brought before me, will be considered, and I will do my best to find a resolution. I'll be certain that every citizen, regardless of how young or unwise, will have a voice in Winya Ravana. Any problem, regardless of how small it may seem (or how large, when one is such), will be faced, and never pushed away to be forgotten. In this way, I will ensure that a solution is found to every problem, and that everyone is treated fairly.

Again, I thank you for your nomination, and I hope that you will find my worthy of a place on our fine Council.

May Angharradh, and all the Seldarine, watch over you,
Cor'avel Kenyr'rae

krytellan

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 08 2008, 8:04 AM 

Player

Good day to you beautiful ones,

I will start by saying that I am both surprised and honored that some of you should think that I would be of value as a member of the Winya council. I have deliberated over this matter at length and have decided that I do, in fact, feel that I have benefits that I can offer our fine city and the People therein. As such, I will lay out what my priorities would be as a member of the Winya Ravana council. I will be brief as I know that many of you have much on your minds and many matters to attend to.

As many of you may or may not know, I do not consider myself militant by nature, though I am not blind to the life of adventuring. Fortunately, there are many better minds and personalities to attend to those matters, and I would leave them to that. I have wondered many times in the past what would become of our People amidst the ever-growing presence of the Waywatchers. At times I have feared the potential outcome, while other times I have seen it work with much justice and swiftness. To date, it has been a delicate balance that has maintained. While at times actions have seemed harsh, I have noticed a growing sense of security and confidence in a population that, upon my arrival, seemed ambivalent and heavily weighted with concerns of the Dark ones and the Humans that heavily inhabit the island. Grumbles have become action, and this action has been for the overall good of the city.

In essence, it is the above balance that I would bring to the council. My ambition would be to see that no issues become too clouded by either military or political issues, and to ensure that matters are addressed for the good of our People.

Beyond that, however, my current research and experimentations have placed me in a position to come into contact with many of the various races and affiliations of the island of Amia. And in each case, I believe that a seed of mutual understanding and appreciation has been sown. As an official representative of Winya Ravana, I would be excited at the potential that would exist should encounters such as these continue to forge new relationships with other races that would see our threats as their own. Both relationships long lost, and those seldom breached. In this capacity, I would gladly serve as emissary to Winya.

But more than anything else, I would strive to see that the shoulders that have been long weighted within our boundaries learn to experience happiness once again. Without this, everything else that happens would be for naught in my eyes. To this end, I would keep my attention on the issue of entertainment and revelrie, which this city has not seen enough of in the near past. This must change, and I aim to see that it does.

In the end, I am but one. I have complete faith in all of those whose names have been considered for this post. I have expressed what it is I would bring to Winya. If this is something that you feel is needed in these times, then I would gladly, and with much ferver, serve in that capacity.

May Lady Goldheart shine upon you,

Harhollil Starsinger

krytellan

PostPosted: Tue, Apr 08 2008, 8:08 AM 

Player

// Just to make it clear, there are two votes per person and this is open to ALL elves who reside in Winya. Send who you are and the two names you are voting for in a PM to Mith (forum name Xenos) or Vilmandel (forum IronAngel).

And since it's not stated here, we should probably include those up for election:

1. Amber
2. Mith
3. Nasrudin
4. Faelar
5. Cor'arvel
6. Harhollil

If you wish to have your vote counted, please have it in my 4/11.

PS: Sorry for the saturation of the topic. Just found it in PC forum :)

IronAngel

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 13 2008, 21:10 PM 

Player

A horn sounds in the air, calling Winyans to the Lifestone. Vilmandel stands infront of the stone that glows faintly in the cool night. As the crowd gathers, he speaks.

Beloved Winyans, Tel'Quessir and fey alike. For years, the Council has served our town well. But as with the cycle of seasons, every era must come to an end, and another must begin. It is time for a renewed Council to step up and accept the responsibility from the Council whose service is at an end. You have been given voice and you have used it to choose your representatives: the wisest, the boldest, the most honest or most cunning amongst you. These are the Councilors you have chosen:

Amber Tyrintar, Faelar, Harhollil Starsinger and Nasrudin.

May the Seldarine bless them, so that Winya might flourish under wise guidance. New Councilors, it is soon time for you to gather and come meet me in the Council chambers to bless the beginning of your service and discuss the future.

Now go, fair People of Winya. Rest easy under Sehanine's cloak.

The gathered crowd slowly departs, excited murmur still carried by a nightly breeze as the elves exchange opinions about this change.

The guy that probably has sexual fantasies about masturbation. I mean, Iron, you're a bookworm nerd that even in your wildest escapism fantasies flee to the internet to play the role of another bookworm nerd? Come on!

Delarwyn

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 14 2008, 3:13 AM 

Player

*Delarwyn reads the announcement and smiles happily* Lady Amber and Nas two councilors!! what great news. *Then she thinks*
uhmm.. I don't know the others very well, maybe a celebration is in order to introduce the new councilors to the citizens of Winya. I will speak with Nas and Lady Amber about it.

Del's Characters Entry - Amiawiki.

soundofastream

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 14 2008, 3:17 AM 

Player

*Amywiethiel nods to herself in grim satsifaction and says to herself...* I am glad that Faelar has been elected and the others will do good work too. Now I just need to speak to them about the Way Watchers and decide on a course of action.

*With that, she heads over to the Temple of the Seldarine*

hendrack

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 14 2008, 16:40 PM 

Player

Faelar returns from his absence, rumors are that he had family business back in Cormyr. While walking around in Winya, he wonders why everyone suddenly bows and nods to him

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]