View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
Leggomi Eggolas

PostPosted: Sat, May 17 2008, 0:06 AM 

Player

(( To make the Legislature and Acts section easier to read for event updates and so on, the topic is locked. Any PC reactions to the Legislature or events can go here))

Members of the Cordor Guard surrounded the Duke’s palace earlier today, barring the doors. Some palace guards were forcibly removed from the building, but no blood was shed. Nearly an hour later, the doors open, and the Citizen’s Ministry: the Duke’s “Cabinet”, stepped outside of the palace. Joseph Maximillian, the Minister of Finance; Hector L. Carton, the Minister of Law; and Jonathan Leohnard were among those visible. They then addressed the public, providing the news of what had transpired inside the palace.

The official declaration: Duke Montgomery d’Cordor, in his final act as Duke of Cordor, Abdicated, and delegated leadership of Cordor to the Citizen’s Ministry. In this, they will serve as the Provisional Government of Cordor. Their chief purpose will be to maintain order during this 'Revolution', draft and ratify a new constitution for the good of the people; and finally, hold fair, free elections in Cordor, where any legal citizen of the city may vote or run for office. In the mean time, the Provisional Government rules by collective decision, operating without a prime minister or executive, merely passing simple emergency legislation to restore and maintain order.

Celebrations, tentative at first, have broken out in mass. The people are ecstatic about the prospect of an enumeration of their rights in this new constitution, a legal contract proclaimed to help their wellbeing. Merchants, Businessmen and Artisans alike are glad at their chances of greater representation in government. Peasants, laborers, and farmers are tentatively optimistic about the good things this change will bring. Adventurers seemed ambivalent at the onset of the announcement, some for the revolution, some denouncing it, some making statements that observers described as “Inane”.

Journalists are scrambling to cover the story, and it’s sure to be all over tomorrow’s headlines.

Those trees won't burn themselves down. (by Maryn)

Last edited by Leggomi Eggolas on Mon, May 19 2008, 0:22 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Herra Tutteri

PostPosted: Sat, May 17 2008, 7:00 AM 

Player

*Hunie mumbles*

"Guess tha was to be expected. Well, at least they pulled it off better than I did..."

Xaviera

PostPosted: Sat, May 17 2008, 20:20 PM 

Player

Xaviera, present for at least part of the revelation, discusses the happenings with her friends. The 'spirit of celebration' reported to pervade the city is a bit less obvious amongst the adventuring populace. One issue that appears to figure prominently are the idea of extending the ban on Lolthites to other races, particularly tieflings, which she vows to oppose. Further, it seems strange that Duke Montgomery is said to be so remorseful at his failings as a ruler that he's unwilling to appear in public to confirm his abdication. While he's never been much of a public figure in the past, this particular explanation does seem a bit hard to swallow. The heavy guard presence around the palace, combined with recent grumblings about pay, seems to imply that money may be behind the recent developments; whether the coup was initiated by the guards or whether the so-called "Citizen's Ministry" took advantage of their disaffection remains to be seen. She is also surprised by the proposal that citizens will be elected to important posts, having heard that this was tried in the past with less-than-favourable results. She remains cautious, adopting a wait-and-see attitude. Perhaps, she thinks, at least her plans for the Temple of Love project may finally get some response from the powers that be.

"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt
AmiaWiki mod (mostly inactive)

john.schnack

PostPosted: Sun, May 18 2008, 15:04 PM 

Player

The drow warrior slunk quietly into the back of the croud that had formed a cowel covering his face from the brutal rays of the sun,His eyes shifted slowly about the croud spotting a few familliar faces here and there,After calculating the sise of the gathering his eyes dart toward the men gathered at the epicenter of the commotion.

The men it seemed were annoncing a new reform in the cordorian government,this it seemed, may have been his calling all along..He recalled past events from his former home,that left a sour taste in his mouth when it came to polotics,This however seemed to be alltogether different.."They want to pass power to the citezens?" he thought as he listed to what he could over the roar of the gathered croud. After hearing his fill of the propoganda the drow slowly slipped from the croud walking to his home in central cordor, His thoughts wheeling around on how he planned on getting elected..

//edited for typos

Pony

PostPosted: Fri, May 23 2008, 10:10 AM 

Player

---

Last edited by Pony on Tue, Nov 05 2019, 10:22 AM, edited 1 time in total.

soundofastream

PostPosted: Fri, May 23 2008, 12:31 PM 

Player

Horgar sees the going's on and continues to do the rounds of the guards, quietly speaking to them and giving them coins 'to feed their family'.

He says to himself whilst reading the newspaper:

"Aye, maybeh trade n' stuff'll will at last beh able to flourish and enterprisin' folks loike ole' Horgar moight actually beh able to influence tha' government...*coughs* fer tha' good o' folks everywhere...but 'specially fer tha' Keeper's o' tha' Secret Hoarde"

He can be heard whispering to various guards, flashing coins their way left and right and in return, they smile as their families are well fed. Whatever the quiet Revolution taking place, Horgar sees the faces of the guards and they seem to be smiling...

Xaviera

PostPosted: Fri, May 23 2008, 15:16 PM 

Player

Phearnun wrote:
Not only does she also clearly take the stand that no peasant should be allowed to be a councilman unless raised to the status of nobility by his of her lord, but she also openly questions the well being of the duke and if any mind affecting spells might be used. If he were in such a great shape, why would he be kept out of sight.

Xaviera echos the latter comment but dismisses the former.

"I'd think that any so-called "People's Republic" that intends to live up to the name would have to listen to the people it claims to represent. That would include farmers, peasants, prostitutes, clergy, merchants and guild members. Besides, the requirement of nobility would bar most adventurers from applying for a post, seeing as there are fewer than half a dozen of noble status."

(The only adventurer nobles I can think of are Jud, Chiania, Torin, Alanna (now long gone) and possibly Vyashir, and I'm not sure about all of those either. However, I wouldnt be surprised to learn that Yoss or Phenwick had noble status. Maybe someone could clarify this? I'd think that who's noble would be fairly well known. Some others may be nobles of Winya or Kohlingen.)

"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt

Dakotaen

PostPosted: Fri, May 23 2008, 16:41 PM 

Player

Garius seems oddly indifferent about the whole thing, though listening to anyone who wishes to speak his or her mind about it. If asked, he'll say that Cordor is a fine city, and whatever's the best for it, shoulod be done. Though, even with his indifference, his old smile seems to have widened a bit more, adding some youth to his wrinkly, aging face.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Missy seems very happy about the change, and often she can be heard saying that it's about time. She does question, however, whether this'll mean more control over the guards, whom she sees as a threat to every citizen of non-human or elven blood.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eir couldn't care less. In fact, he'll often add a few ridiculing remarks about anyone he hears showing a lot of interest in the matter.
Jordan simply continues to work on some random set of clothes, while his eyes, as always, search over the people around him. His face remains folded in an ever pleasant smile, and his steel grey eyes with a hint of icey blue, never fails to focus discretely on the people who seems to know something about the Duke. That being his only sign of interest in the matter.

Characters: Currently trying my best to stick to Beridoc Brushgale

Funiculus

PostPosted: Fri, May 23 2008, 21:02 PM 

Player

*Theos just shrugs at the silly human politics*

"This is the 3rd or 4th 'Grand revolution' of the people I've seen in my time here; we'll see if it doesn't end up as every predecessor"

Yurell

PostPosted: Sat, May 24 2008, 10:45 AM 

Player

"A ~Kingdom~ run by peasants?" Rhyx thought as she strolled through the streets of Cordor. "The people cannot be trusted with their own well being, and any popular assembly will become a popularity contest. These ages require the strong leadership of a noble lord, not the pathetic mewlings of the people." Throwing a disdainful look at Mike the Paperboy as she swept past him, Baatezu-sigiled cloak trailing on the ground, she walked by the gates to the latest provisional government meeting. A sneer marked her fair face as she glanced at the building, feeling nothing but contempt for the so-called 'government'. "If they have any sense whatsoever they will not be provisional. They will take control of the army and the guards, and make sure any rebellion to their rule is crushed. A single mage guard can easily dispose of a hellball-hurling mage, so the government should use these to wipe out the goblin and orc infestations near the city, to placate the 'people' and use them to strengthen their rule." But she sighed as she walked through the gates to the outside, knowing that progress would not be made, even though it would be so easy for the city to conquer all the surrounding lands and bring order to chaos.

يمكنني استخدام مترجم جوجل

Grymia

PostPosted: Sat, May 24 2008, 16:00 PM 

Player

Bryce quietly contemplated as he left the meeting he attended most recently.

~ If these men mean to establish the new Order in Cordor, whatever form it may take they will need to learn to work together. ~

joeymango29

PostPosted: Tue, May 27 2008, 5:53 AM 

Player

*Loki, somewhat upset about not being able to ask his last question at the last meeting, tended to selling ales in Cordor Square all whilst grumbling to himself.*

"I hope these men can do more about Kestrel Enterprises than the Duke did. Bah! Seems like everyone tries to forget about them. They destroy Brog, and about a year later we focus on the bloody Drow. They attempt assassination on the Duke TWICE and have we heard about any efforts made to find and destroy them."

*After a few hours of sales, in which he does fairly well, Loki wipes down his table, and pulls out the bag of gold coins from the nights sales to count his money*

"Hmm...They said they would eventually be holding elections for members of the Council...I could be the Treasurer. I have the experience... Trader, own my own business, already Treasurer for the Council of Clans...when the time comes...I think i'll run."

*After counting out exactly 9,532 gold peices, Loki packs up his shop and runs off the a bank to have his gold swapped for platinum coins.*

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 04 2008, 11:47 AM 

Player

Ghilanna simply thought to herself as she slipped through the crowds of Cordor, signet ring prominent on a silver chain around her neck 'Why is it that despite the obvious fact that people ARE stupid, they insist on giving power to them. I get the feeling this is nothing more than a coup by a group of apparatchiks and we'll soon have some new dictator breathing down our necks with his authoritarian reform policies." Suddenly she speaks out loud, not really paying attention to the crowds. 'Bloody Populists...'

As the crowd, as one turns to look at her, she shrugs her shoulders, and departs quickly, before the revolution has it's first victim.

Man, this account is over 10 years old. Where do I get my old man beard?

OwenBelmont

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 14 2008, 4:19 AM 

Player

Octavia stands to the side dureing the revelry, a perplexed look on her face as she folds her arms.

"Change is good when it can be controlled, this act of chaos is far from controlled and will lead to a great era of harsh political debate" she thinks to herself as she slings he cloak and pushs her way through the crowed.

"So much gold being thrown about, even more so then others....this stinks" she sniffs the air as she continues to ponder.

"This stinks of flag fingers".

Owen Belmont-Long vanished Archmage and savior of the clockwork plane of Mechanicus.
Octavia Celestyr-Soldier of Doom

Dakotaen

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 17 2008, 4:44 AM 

Player

As of recent, Eir can often be heard talking about how the Duke is most likely floating down a river, face down. He says he'd love to find out how it all happened, but he's simply too lazt, and aswell, he doubts he's got the connections to get anything done about it.

Anyone disagreeing with the idea, or as he says, fact, that this is what has happened, is swiftly ridiculed to the best of Eir's ability.

Characters: Currently trying my best to stick to Beridoc Brushgale

soundofastream

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 17 2008, 8:34 AM 

Player

*it took somewhat ages for the news to reach Elithiel in Underport but after hearing the news she ponders out aloud in her private quarters*

"Hmm....that lass would likely be workin' for someone, with all those connections and her implication that she played a hand in it. My strong suspicions are that the Sharrans are behind this...but I guess I'll never prove it. That lot are waaay too secretive but....it sounds right up their street. Hmm..yet on the other hand, hierarchy and power structures are still in place. That's naut really their way.... Maybe the Banites...no, its not dictatorial for either group. That just leaves...who exactly?"

*Realising she's still very much in the dark, she goes in search of her one source who might know something more.*

grynxx

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 17 2008, 9:34 AM 

Player

"Aw, I don't know about that," said 'Cordor' Roy, scratching at his beard with his big right hand. "Free elections and all. Dun' like the idea o' some fancy-pants merchant gettin' ter do his will just 'coz he got the gift o' the gab, eh? Imagine if Tanner here got the job, eh? May the gods have mercy on us all!" he quipped with a smirk, giving Tanner a friendly slap on the back.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 17 2008, 21:21 PM 

Player

Xavi checks the noticeboard in the Palace for new postings every time she passes by. Reading of the new "South Cordor Cleanliness Initiative" and the Council's decision to create liason offices to various organizations in that part of the city, she leaves a note with Franton (though she's not optimistic that it will in fact actually reach the council, seeing as he's held up her application to renovate the bath house for ages now)...

Xaviera wrote:
To the Council:

I am well aware of the legislation regarding prostitution in this city, and also of the fact that officials have chosen in the past not to prosecute those women (and men) who work that trade in the southern part of Cordor. While I wholeheartedly support the increased guard activity in that section of town to protect citizens from aggressive and violent criminals, I am hoping that the city will not choose to harass those individuals who, through necessity or preference, practice this oldest of professions. In fact, I might offer the suggestion that if the city sincerely wishes to improve the lifestyle of its inhabitants, it may wish to fund the construction or renovation of a building in which these workers may live while 'off-duty' for their better health and protection. Please note that I am not proposing the creation of a brothel, though the fact that the Sanctuary of Sin continues to operate unabated suggests that such a facility operating without the involvement of criminal elements might be both economically and socially useful. I submit that my experience in the trade and my skills and abilities in the service of Sharess (both magical and mundane) might be of use to the Council as a liaison with the workers of south Cordor. Please do not hesitate to contact me at the Shrine of Sharess or by mail through Speedy Messenger Service.

I thank you for your attention in this matter. Regards and blessings,

~ Xaviera Xuider Xee

A few weeks later she receives a response. She reads it with hope, turning quickly to irritation, then crumples the letter in her hand, a look of frustration passing over her face. After a few moments and a couple of deep breaths, she carefully smooths out the paper and goes to see Phenwick.

Leggomi Eggolas aka Joseph Maximillian wrote:
To the Esteemed Citizen Xee,

While your concern for the plight of these women is honest and humane, the trade that they choose to practice is illegal under statute 5 of the criminal justice code. It is not the wishes of the Assembly to promote this activity or even give the appearance of endorsement. Arguably, the Prison serves the purpose that you have described well enough. Furthermore, the Guard of the city will enforce Statute No. 5 as they would any other law, and it is their duty to do so.

On behalf of the Assembly, Signed:

Joseph Maximillian,
Minister to the National Assembly
of the Provisional Republic of Cordor

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]