View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
HedgieLady

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 07 2008, 13:13 PM 

Player

Brief letters are sent to officials in the various population centers on the surface, excepting Tarkuul. Unless said officials post the reports, most people would be unaware of the statements within, though other rumours about such might be circulating.

I am writing to report to you a possible threat, involving necromancers. Very little is known at this time, unfortunately. What we do know, however, is that mysterious individuals have been going around trying to obtain hair from others, by means of lies, persuasion, or outright violence. Our belief, supported by prior reports from other individuals, is that this hair is being obtained for the sole purpose of creating undead doppelgangers.

According to our sources, at least one book detailing the procedure for making such abominations was sold by Furth, of Cordor. The Vale itself has encountered an individual trying to obtain hair, and enacting necromantic rites within the forest. According to one of our protectors, another individual was observed in Bendir Dale trying to gather hair from various citizens and travelers.

Please, warn your citizens to be cautious of such individuals. The one we faced in the forest was a decided threat, his attacks dealing more damage than expected. Anyone who faces such a creature should be prepared with as many protective spells or potions as possible. I recommend having Bubbly Potions on hand at all time, as well as counters to negative energy effects.

As we obtain more information, I or another protector will contact you with all the facts and our speculation regarding such.

Tamine Wayfinder
Ranger protector of Oakmist Vale

In addition to these reports, the Kelemvorite and Salandran Temples would receive a copy of a previous report, sent a day or so before.

*Written hurriedly on a scrap of parchment, the letters are clear, concise, with a very simple elegance, nothing extravagant.*

To the members of the Kelemvorite and Salandran Temples:

I am writing to report to you an unusual occurrence in the forests of Amia which may be of concern to you as well as the protectors of the forest. I also hope to obtain any further knowledge you may have in regards to this matter.

During a casual conversation within the Vale, a falcon flew up and landed on the shoulder of a druid. The falcon's further actions led several protectors to investigate the forest. I was temporarily delayed, though able to join them after a short time. With me went a follower of Tyr, named Kreyus, who is kind enough to carry this letter to Kohlingen.

Upon catching up with the others, I observed a very odd individual whom they were apparently confronting. Nearby was the corpse of a badger, a common inhabitant of our forests. Fortunately spotting them from a small distance, I was able to approach unseen and observe quietly, keeping the stranger under aim from my bow at all times.

I listened quietly in the attempt to learn what had occurred, though I was obviously immediately suspicious upon seeing the badger's remains. The following conversation was unusual, to say the least. The stranger repeatedly asked the others about taking their hair. At the time, this had no real significance to me, though later I came to a few conclusions on the matter, as did others. At any rate, a short conversation ensued, with additional comments on hair by the individual.

During observations of this individual, strange, worm-like things were seen crawling beneath his, or its, skin. Our conclusion was that the creature was undead, and we proceeded to dispatch with it, though it was surprisingly difficult. Another ranger was able to knock it over with ease, yet every blow given to the creature seemed to deal additional harm to him. The creature's blows in return, though seemingly few in number, were quite significant in damage dealt. I myself was hit at least one time by the creature, and felt quite drained by the experience.

After the creature was defeated, the body appeared to dissolve completely, leaving no signs behind. All that remained was a nearby magic circle and the corpses of a few innocent forest dwellers.

In light of previous reports from Kelemvorites and others, we believe this may have something to do with books found in Furth's shop, detailing various necromantic practices, specifically how to create undead doppelgangers using hair. The creature had referred to its father and master, using the terms nearly interchangeably throughout the short conversation I overheard.

Further details on this occurrence will be sent to you after complete reports are made by all involved. If you have any knowledge that might be relevant to this matter, we would appreciate your sharing it with us. Though we have many different views, I am sure we all agree on the necessity of removing any undead threat from our fair isle. Word is also being sent to the Kelemvorite and Salandran Temples, as they each have an interest in such issues. I look forward to working with each of you to resolve this unpleasant situation as swiftly as possible.

Tamine Wayfinder
Ranger protector of Oakmist Vale

Grymia

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 07 2008, 14:58 PM 

Player

*Warrick, on seeing this notice makes a note to speak with Ashlynn as soon as possible*

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]