View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
IronAngel

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 22 2009, 17:50 PM 

Player

Some tendays ago, the Council of Winya Ravana made the decision to restrict the free access fey previously enjoyed in the city. In the days since, this has stirred controversy, irritation and bitterness between Fair Folk of all sizes and races.

The legislation can be found in Winya's library:

Quote:
People of Winya Ravana,

Although the first Council Meeting is in recess, the results of the votes we’ve covered thus far shall be announced here, so that all may know what has occurred, and what will be elaborated upon in the future. This Council shall be, always, an open and honest one, and we shall not hide our decisions from the People.

These articles are subject to change by Council decree at any time, and shall be expanded upon with the completion of the first Council Meeting, as well as the completion of subsequent meetings.

Article I: Non-Elves

Section I
To begin, the Inner Sanctum of Winya Ravana (That is, the area past the second gate) shall be accessible to only the Fair Folk, and those who have residency within our great city. Those not of the Fair Folk may continue to have open and free access to the Outer Sanctum, including the Iron Butterfly Inn, as well as Vaelyn’s and Thraldurin’s shops, and anything on the south side of the second gate. However, any member of these races may be allowed within the Inner Sanctum if they have proper business within and permission from a Councilor. If one not of the People disrespects Winya Ravana’s people or ways, they may be subject to banishment from the city.

Section II
The Half-Elves, although they are not true Fair Folk, shall be allowed within the Inner Sanctum with the exception that they will not be allowed citizenship automatically, as true elves are. If an individual half-elf does, however, prove himself to be eager to promote their elven heritage over their human, and shows proper respect for the people of Winya Ravana and their ways, he may be granted citizenship. Alternatively, if a half-elf proves himself to promote their human heritage over their elven too greatly, or if he disrespects the ways or people of Winya Ravana, he may be restricted to the Outer Sanctum, or, in some cases, banned from the city, as any not of the Fair Folk.

Section III
With the dwindling of the fey community, and the frequently-voiced opinions of the fey that they do not understand the ways of the Fair Folk, and do not feel near to them, it has also been decided that fey will considered together with all others not of the People in that they will be allowed in the Outer Sanctum, but not the Inner. The same restrictions apply to the fey as to the other Non-Fair Folk.

Section IV
Due to their inclination to worship the vile goddess Auril over the Seldarine, balanced partly by their elven blood, the Snow Elves shall be considered the same as the Half-Elves, and be restricted to the Outer Sanctum. If, however, an individual proves his devotion to the Seldarine, his loyalty to the Fair Folk, and his dominance over the Snow Elves inherent savagery, he may be considered a full member of the People, and may be allowed within the Inner Sanctum as any other of the Fair Folk.

Section V
In the case of those not of the People who were citizens within this city before this declaration, their citizenship will not be revoked. They shall remain citizens in all aspects, unless they give sufficient reasoning that their citizenship shall be revoked, in which case they will become as any other of their race, and be restricted to the Outer Sanctum.

This was soon met with answers by the fey themselves, which have since been translated into Elvish and Common:

Quote:
Fellow Faeries

It saddens me that one of this worlds oldest races, are so scattered on this little island. We should all stand more united, and resist getting pushed around. In Cordor, when we are ourselves, we are often seen as insane or annoying bugs. Bendir welcomes us freely and openly, but it is first and foremost a hin town. And now Winya have chosen to make all faeries like second class citizens, and less good than elves, going as far as to throw us out of the term "the fair folk" when it was ours, long before they adopted it as well.

If enough of us come together, we can create a place for ourselves, where we can be free of judgment or oppression from other races. Free from having to hide in elven like forms, to avoid being called bugs and swatted. Free to be free.

Faerie groves exist in peace and influence from other races, organizations or even conflicts. Myself and several other faeries believe if we come together, we can create a small fey grove to call home and be ourselves.

Faeries of all three courts, if you share my dream then leave a note in the large tree outside the Amia Forest cave. The hole is about twenty feet above ground, and large enough to harbor notes. If enough faeries show interest in this dream, then together we can make it a reality.

Balance guide you all,
- Arronax the Empyrian

Quote:
The elves of Winya has today shown their true side; subjective narrow-minded fools who doesn't know their past. I dearly hope this accusation is wrong.

Do you elves know what reverie is?
Do you know what that "glowy stone" in your center is?
Do you know what the Feywilds is? The plane of fey?

Reverie is a state of mediation. During this time the subject is refreshing itself, with the magic of the Feywilds. Because; in the Feywilds magic runs without boundaries, strong enough that any living being within the plane do not have to eat, breath, drink or sleep. Instead of your sleep you're using our magic. The "Glowystone" in your centre is a Sylvan stone.

A Sylvanstone is the core of various wards and enchantments meant to protect Sylvanglages.

And now you're throwing us out of our old home a home the ELVES tainted with civilisation ruining the magical fey essence.

Actions has consequenses. Don't come crying the day the Fey takes back what is rightfully ours, the day you're not allowed to leech on our home, the day you don't beable to reverie. The day you're nothing but pointy eared humans.

I hope I opened your eyes, and please, prove me wrong if that is case, don't throw empty accusations back, because it only proves this note even more true.

We need a place to call home that inst intruded by egoistic simple-minded beings.

-Kylie Ky Bubbles, Faerie.

It seems these events are slowly taking effect in Winya. Pixies and sprites have since begun avoiding the elven walkways, coming and going through their own secret passages rather than the gate. Contact between the races has become cool and distant, even moreso than before.

The guy that probably has sexual fantasies about masturbation. I mean, Iron, you're a bookworm nerd that even in your wildest escapism fantasies flee to the internet to play the role of another bookworm nerd? Come on!

IronAngel

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 25 2009, 19:32 PM 

Player

Word spreads around the sylvan population that a fey meeting is in planning. Kylie has called for one, and the spokesman of Winyan fauns and many other fay, Perebuk, has been talking to many fey about it as well. He has also spoken mysteriously of a display of fey determination that would make the elves listen. Fey in Winya talk about this excitedly, but fall quiet and turn away when elves pass.

The guy that probably has sexual fantasies about masturbation. I mean, Iron, you're a bookworm nerd that even in your wildest escapism fantasies flee to the internet to play the role of another bookworm nerd? Come on!

ClockworkRed

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 26 2009, 8:49 AM 

Player

Eowariel, on one of his visits to the Winya Ravana, notices the strange behavior of the fey. When they avoid crossing his path and start whispering to each other, he starts imitating them. The young moon elf whipsers to a raven sitting on his shoulder, points to the fey and makes an mockingly thoughtfull expression on his face, as if he is plotting secret plans with the bird. When he is sure the fey have noticed, he just laughs, waves at them, bows playfully, and walks off.

Delarwyn

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 26 2009, 15:01 PM 

Player

*Lisselle read it and pounders* That is why I left the city of the Elves. Took a long time for you all to realize what was happening, didnt it?

*sighs and shakes her little head. She sits by the sign and start to play her flute for those who was passing by*

Del's Characters Entry - Amiawiki.

Tysonm1

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 27 2009, 4:54 AM 

Player

*Richard can be seen walking with his backpack full of his bearings that he forgot to collect before leaving his "Home" Winya.*

*He takes a quick stop by the library to drop off a book he borrowed, taking a quick glance at the Legislation. Frowning, he steps forward to read more clearly, dropping his backpack. After a good minute of reading, he clenches his fists and shakes his head slowly.* "Fey's being kicked out their own home? Snow Elves being kicked out of the Inner sanctum for just worshipping another God?"

*Flexes his fingers for a moment and sighs, then smiles warmly at the answers by the Faeries.* "I wish you beautiful creatures luck in your hopes for a new home."

*Picks up his backpack and walks off through the gates, taking a brief glance over his shoulder with a warm smile.* "Good luck to you both most of all, Kylie and Arronax."

Spam armor for all intents and purposes is only limited to the size of the internet.

IronAngel

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 31 2009, 11:52 AM 

Player

Come together, sylvan folk, when the moon is full! We will meet at the Nexus Falls and discuss our future.

Perebuk

((Sunday, 10 AM GMT))

Delarwyn

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 31 2009, 23:01 PM 

Player

//5 am tomorrow for me. *sighs* I already woke 1 am this night for the war knight rping. But, I will do my best.

Gravemaskin

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 01 2009, 9:30 AM 

Player

//This is in 30 minutes

feycourtier

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 02 2009, 14:57 PM 

Player

Catkin notices the note in Bendir and thinks to herself.

Blast ! Why didnt I see this before! I must find this gathering..Too long
have i been apart from my kind...

sylvan_shadow

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 05 2009, 3:55 AM 

Player

*Amand Saelir, raven haired spellblade and aspiring sage reads the accouncement and the following proclamations with a small frown on his face. He shakes his head sadly* " Hmmm... this isn't exactly the best way to treat our fey friends. It's the council's decision, I suppose..." *he walks off, pondering the possible repurcussions of the fey exclusion*

Delarwyn

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 20 2009, 6:38 AM 

Player

//Anything has being done about it? Or we just forgot the entire subject?

feycourtier

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 21 2009, 22:08 PM 

Player

im So! wanting in on this im dribbling!...Its just the shifts I work dont seem to work with it....bugger!!
Im even buying a new pc :)

Umm.. btw im toying with a fey char concept...I got all the vegan stuff..an I wondered ,,anyone too bounce ideas off? Grave would this be too much too ask? ..dont want to give too much away here :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]