View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ] 
Signe Johanne

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 07 2009, 9:07 AM 

Player

*Posters are put up in Howness, Cordor, Bendir Dale, the Underport, Kampo's and the Mercenary Camp in the Quagmires*

SEEKING SKILLED TRACKERS AND HUNTERS!

The Hunter's Company in Howness, Forrstakkr, is willing to hand out a handsome reward to the hunter or hunting party who manages to succeed in a particular mission. If you are confident in your abilities, sign up via the Speedy's messenger service and we'll get back to you.

//If your char is interested in joining, sign up right here or send a pm. I'd prefer PC's above lvl 15, but it's not set in stone. :) It will probably be something of an exercise in patience, and not the most action-heavy event ever.

I'm in Australia and my time zone is GMT +11. I'm thinking it'll be in two weeks, Sunday, March the 1st at 4pm EST Australia, 5am GMT and 12am EST North America.

Last edited by Signe Johanne on Thu, Feb 26 2009, 13:56 PM, edited 5 times in total.

Signe Johanne

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 07 2009, 9:09 AM 

Player

*Rumours have been circulating all over Forrstakkr about strange animal attacks. It doesn't seem to be ordinary wolves or bears, but not much more is discovered just yet..*

Last edited by Signe Johanne on Sat, Feb 07 2009, 14:39 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Infernal_Pain

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 07 2009, 10:23 AM 

Player

*A response is sent*

I have fought against many a beast, common and magical, as well as spent many years scouring the wilds of the world, particularly the cold and frozen lands. I'll happily lend my axes to Your cause.

Holgar Stonegrip of Barak Runedar

Dramatic_Prince

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 07 2009, 12:47 PM 

Player

*Prescia reads the notice and starts calling her crew together*
Hmm looks like a job worth doing.

Delarwyn

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 08 2009, 14:18 PM 

Player

Alynne reads the note and write.

Why, I thought the entire town already new to find me in those situations. Please count me in. I know the region well, have being living here all my life.

Alynne Iriart.

Del's Characters Entry - Amiawiki.

soundofastream

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 08 2009, 22:48 PM 

Player

*Illithira sees the notice and frowns, then goes out into the wilderness to set traps and ambush the interlopers stupid enough to go into snow elven territory*

//I'll be happy to join in, to protect the wildlife of her land and hunt the hunters down...

Pony

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 08 2009, 23:10 PM 

Player

---

Last edited by Pony on Tue, Nov 05 2019, 12:19 PM, edited 1 time in total.

phalanxyrian

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 8:21 AM 

Player

*Phalanxyran mutters as he notices the message and quickly returns to the shrine. When whithing the shrine he speaks his prayer to Auril that she may bring down her wrath upon these blasphemers.*

// To bad its so early in the morning else I also would have opposed this hunt, but 6 am on a sunday morning is a bit to much after a night out.
Have fun tough.

Athyonn Ursidae

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 14:02 PM 

Player

Belladonna reads the notice and frowns, she heads back to her rooms and finds her quill and writing paper and begins to write out a few missives.

Siggy by Maryn

soundofastream

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 14:09 PM 

Player

*illithira after consultation with Delixian, penns a missive to Father Snorri*

"Dear Father

Ye well know that we Snow Elves have left yer town relatively in tact and although we aint always see eye to eye with the humans, we still do our best to keep out of each other's way.

But this call to escalate the Huntin' upsets the Balance in our lands and we ask that the Church of Helm intervenes and calls this hunt to an End. If ye ask fer it Father, I -know- the townsfolk will listen to ye. Alf aint got nay right to increase the slaughter of wild animals and threaten our livelihoods in existing out here in the wilds. Snow Elves will be up in arms, I can tell ye that now...

We aint want it to come to bloodshed, so we ask Helm to protect the peace in this matter....by stopping this insane slaughter drive of wildlife.

Ye've been like a Father to me all these years, I'd hate to have greed by some of yer more bloodthirsty humans break up this relationship.

Yours under the sacred stars

Ilithira"

//yes, we roleplayed it out IC.

Ekalb_90

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 15:00 PM 

Player

*Delixan walks up to the notice and leans closer to have a look. unable to read he has no idea what it says he guesses it has something to do with the hunting Illithira was talking about. He looks to the sky and says a quick prayer to the Lone Wolf.*

Main: Delixan Ga'Devargha of Forrstakkr (snow elf)
Secondary: Lord Akkarin, Dark Magician (Mulan)
Secondary: Dzumbra Hhnjik Dawnbringer Sage and Prophet of Lathander (sun elf) [visiting the mainland away for sometime]

Signe Johanne

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 15:32 PM 

Player

soundofastream wrote:
*illithira after consultation with Delixian, penns a missive to Father Snorri*

*Illithira receives a letter not long after*

Dear Illithira,

I have spoken with the hunters who are permanent residents of our fair township as well as the head of the Company, and I think you are getting ahead of yourself here. They do not even know if it really is an animal we are talking about here. They need help to discover what caused the attacks.

We do not wish to upset the simple folk with more wild rumours.

To ensure that everything goes smoothly, why don't you go with the hunters and see what happens for yourself? That way you'll know if any foul acts are being committed.

Yours sincerely,
    Father Snorri,
    On watch for the Vigilant One

Gunz

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 09 2009, 23:09 PM 

Player

Willow reads the note and seems in thought, suspicious of what these hunters may be hunting. She walks off toward the Amia Forest.

Signe Johanne

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 11 2009, 8:36 AM 

Player

*anyone who have signed up or will be signing up for the task receives a letter by the messengers*

"Dear [name or alias of character],
I advise you to bring with you to Forrstakkr:

¤ Warm clothes and durable boots
    ¤ Rope
    ¤ Trapping equipment
    ¤ Something to write on/with
    (you will get a map of the island from me when you arrive)
I'm sure that I do not need to remind you that unnecessarily noisy suits of armor and/or packs will contribute to prolonging the hunt. Please meet with the rest of the hunting team at our head quarters in Howness at [time and date]. If you succeed, not only will you gain my and my fellow citizens' gratitude, you'll also be rewarded with a pair of high-quality leather gloves for your future hunts. Do not let the reward cloud your judgement, though. We are dealing with something that kills humans as if it was picking carrots.

Yours sincerely,
Alf the Black,
Hunter's Company"

//Time: Sun 1st, 5am GMT, 4pm EST Australia, 12am EST North America. Let me know if this is a good time for everyone.
//If anyone wants to sign up, just assume that your char gets this letter. :)

Last edited by Signe Johanne on Thu, Feb 26 2009, 13:58 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Dramatic_Prince

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 11 2009, 9:54 AM 

Player

*Prescia reads the message and starts informing her associates of the hunt*
//Won't be available until about 1200 GMT on Sundays. But I'll see who I can get to attend.

Gunz

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 11 2009, 20:18 PM 

Player

A Human female in dark attire leaves her name to be added.

Nera Svart

soundofastream

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 12 2009, 7:52 AM 

Player

*Illithira writes a very very short note back*

Very well, we shall try and be there.

Illithira

Jack O'Bannon

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 13 2009, 17:06 PM 

Player

Anoriewiel Relven, a wood elven huntress reads the post watchfully.
Recognising the word 'hunt' she instantly pulls out a paper and begins to write a letter, signing it with her name and sends it via Speedy.

Malle Malone

Signe Johanne

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 14 2009, 4:25 AM 

Player

//The team so far:
    Infernal_Pain: Holgar Stonegrip
    Delarwyn: Alynne Iriart
    soundofastream: Illithira
    Phearnun: Theodric Wolfhammer
    Guns'n'Roses: Nera Svart
    Jack O'Bannon: Anoriewiel Relven
    Athyonn Ursidae: Belladonna
    Ekalb_90: Delixan
    Dwagin: Rras
There's no problem with squeezing more people in there, just so you know. And those who've already signed up, please tell me if you have to cancel.

[edit] Added 3 adventurers.

Last edited by Signe Johanne on Tue, Feb 17 2009, 4:43 AM, edited 3 times in total.

Athyonn Ursidae

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 14 2009, 6:20 AM 

Player

After thinking for a long while and having talked with some of the more noteable figures in the council she sends the following note to the company.

To whom it may concern,

After having read your notices and taking advice on the matter, I will put myself forward to represent the interests of the balance. It maybe just myself though I hope a few other rangers will consent to be part of the team.

Yours Sincerly

Belladonna, Ranger of the Dale and Councillor of Oakmist

Siggy by Maryn

Delarwyn

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 14 2009, 23:33 PM 

Player

//22 at midnight. It will be next Sunday and I am pretty sure I can be there.

Ekalb_90

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2009, 0:59 AM 

Player

*written in huge letters and barely legible*

DELIXAN

Secondary: Dzumbra Hhnjik Dawnbringer Sage and Prophet of Lathander (sun elf) [visiting the mainland away for sometime]

soundofastream

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2009, 1:12 AM 

Player

Did I miss this? I have real trouble working out time differences...I know its quite basic maths but it still confuses the hell out of me.

Ekalb_90

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2009, 1:43 AM 

Player

// No its not till the 22nd of Feb... so you have 6 days left. =)

Signe Johanne

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2009, 6:01 AM 

Player

//He he, calendars are tricky things... :) And sorry guys, I have to postpone this an entire week to the 1st of March. Same time, though. I'll edit my above posts.

Dwagin

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 16 2009, 19:00 PM 

Player

*Scrawled with what seemed to be ink in a faint rusty-red-orange, and a sharp impliment.*

I will hunt what you need hunted. Man, Beast, Figment.. it matters not.

I am known as, 'Rras' or Red-Claw in the Chultan tongue.

-Extraordinarily ordinary in the mostest of ways.

Signe Johanne

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 25 2009, 14:05 PM 

Player

The guards at the northern gate in Howness chat idly while trying to keep warm by the brazier. "No matter how boring this job can get at times, at least we're not with the Hunter's Company", guardsman Karl says while staring into the distance rigidly. Øyvind nods solemnly and puts his weapon away momentarily to readjust his heavy bracers resting atop his woolen gloves. "I wouldn't leave this post for nothing, what with it being like this. Did you see the fella they brought back the other day?" Karl's plates scrape against the wall as he leans towards it, answering his friend with a slight nod.

All the guards at the gates of Howness make sure to warn everyone they see from venturing into the countryside alone, in a somewhat subtle manner. It is clear that what's been happening has increased in magnitude, whatever it is.

Xenos

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 25 2009, 21:49 PM 

Player

*Mith takes note of this with passive interest*

//horriable with event times, Mith might show up out of curiosity, though.

House Auvrea'Kan Crafts and Services is now open and prepared to discuss orders.

Athyonn Ursidae

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 26 2009, 8:20 AM 

Player

Belladonna begins to sound out her contacts, friends and fellow rangers as the time approaches closer now.

Siggy by Maryn

Dervish

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 26 2009, 14:16 PM 

Player

*Word of the Hunt reaches the elven ears of Duirmaeglin Entheld. He looks at his sword and shield and wonders if he is ready for such an endeavour. He determines to practice as much as possible before the Hunt to improve his skills.*

// My elven ranger is lvl 10 atm. If I can get him a bit higher, I wonder if he'll be able to contribute. Let me know if he's a candidate for this hunt, sounds fun.

soundofastream

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 26 2009, 23:22 PM 

Player

*For weeks Illithira, arguably the best tracker on all of Forrstakkr, searches for any telltale signs of the beast. One thing is for sure, its proving elusive. Is it due to the bad weather they're experiencing? Somehow, she suspects its something more...

She decides to enlist the flight of her contacts and Seth and Zenith can be seen flying over the land seeking and searching for signs also.*

wakaman

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 27 2009, 0:00 AM 

Player

*Actually, in the skies of Forrstakr, there is no sign of Seth or Zenith. Soaring majestically with wings wide-spread and glistening in the sunlight is, however, a well pruned corvid which occasionally croaks loudly...

And trailing only slight behind the raven and racing through the snow hundreds of feet below it, seemingly tireless as is the nature of the wolfen hunter. Occasionally, when the raven begins to circle overhead, it begins to carefuly search about it's sorroundings for a peculier scent, it's powerful senses amplified by the favourable conditions of snow.

This was a natural phenomenom, ofcourse; wolves have been following the croaking of ravens to sources of food for eons.*

Mr. Hackums

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 27 2009, 1:40 AM 

Player

*Haan kneels next to his companion wolf, Selin. His thumb and forefinger sit idly in the front of his mouth, picking at his teeth gently. He thinks for a long moment.*

"Back to the homeland. The only problem will be those fools of the Balance. No matter. I will take the Hunt. I havent had a challenge in a while, and it will be soothing to be in my home lands once more...."

*He begins to stand, pausing for a moment.*

".....No It wont."

*He flicks his blades into his hands, and begins the trek, Selin padding silently along.*

//Haan will be there, but he hasnt written his name down on any lists. He's just going to show. :D Typical Malarite...

Mr. Hackums

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 27 2009, 4:27 AM 

Player

*Haan leans on the edge of the boat, as it glides gently into the near frozen waters of Forrstakkr. He squints, viewing the small town from a bit of a distance. He looks behind him, to see a small wyrmling white dragon rest on the edge of the boat. For perhaps the first time in Haan's history, he has brought an accomplice. One he knows for sure, he will have a hard time dealing with. Perhaps he is softening... even if only a little.*

*Entering the small town, he watches the villagers, learning what he can, the druidess always near.*

*After an extremely long trek throughout the lands of Amia, the two arrived at their destination, weary, and immediately took to searching for a place to rest up for the Hunt, soon to come.*

"Sleep well, Beast. Enjoy your last few days..."

Athyonn Ursidae

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 27 2009, 7:50 AM 

Player

Belladonna begins to pack her things in the Dale, she hopes that she is well stocked enough for the task ahead, and that the others of her cadre will show, though the messangers have been silent of late.

Still she packs her bags and looks to Sasha sleeping in front of the fire. "Enjoy the warmth while you can Sasha. It will be a while before we can relax again". The panther growls a bit in return, but seetles back down to doze.

A short while later Bella can be seen outside looking for signs of Anastasia returning with news, but the skies are empty, she frowns, troubled for a moment, before heading back inside. She shivers, that has nothing what so ever to do with the cold outside.

Siggy by Maryn

Ekalb_90

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 28 2009, 1:31 AM 

Player

*On the day of the hunt Delixan can not been seen, although a white wolf can be seen occasionally following those who trek through the snow in search of the beast*

//Unfortunately work has called me in so I wont be able to attend.... SHIT I know.

Dwagin

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 28 2009, 16:33 PM 

Player

//This takes place approximately 23 hours 30 minutes from this time? correct?

-Extraordinarily ordinary in the mostest of ways.

Signe Johanne

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 28 2009, 17:08 PM 

Player

//Nope, it's 12 hours from now. I hope I didn't get all the timezones wrong this time.

Athyonn Ursidae

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 28 2009, 19:08 PM 

Player

// I should be there assuming I can wake up in time, its quite early in the UK, but I wouldnt miss it for all the tea in china.

Siggy by Maryn

Signe Johanne

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 01 2009, 2:18 AM 

Player

//Starting approximately 3 hours from now :)

Signe Johanne

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 01 2009, 4:29 AM 

Player

//It's on in half an hour. Everyone meet at the Hunter's Company in Howness then.

Infernal_Pain

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 01 2009, 10:05 AM 

Player

// Hurhur, missed it. Trust me to wake up that early.

Signe Johanne

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 01 2009, 10:58 AM 

Player

The guards in Howness seem to be at ease again, compared to before. They do not warn anyone about the dangers except for the women and children of the village, of course. Alf the Black of the Hunter's Company seems content as ever, even as the unfortunate souls that actually died during the ordeal are buried in Forrstakkr soil. It seems that whatever was causing it is dead and buried. If asked he'll display the giant claw of what must be a giant yeti and say: "Too bad we didn't salvage the whole bastard. Could have made a bloody fortune."

Delarwyn

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 02 2009, 1:20 AM 

Player

//*sighs* I missed it.. I tried to stay awake but I slept in the couch.. I will try to be present for the next if there will be a next.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]