View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
Yossarin

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 27 2009, 7:34 AM 

Player

The Amian Recorder, with Ethan Starr at the helm as editor, goes into full swing as town criers make a quick and dirty report, with the promise of a more extensive follow-up story:

"South Cordor Prison Attacked overnight by terrorists! Cordorian Guard on a city-wide manhunt for Yurioji and Mynna! Reports claim they set up a bomb in the Old Tunnels of the Cordor Sewers beneath the Prison and collapsed an entire tower! Among the deceased are former guardswoman Dianna Verrault, and Citizen Montgomery d'Cordor, former Duke of Cordor!

Minister of Law Hector L. Carton presides over the reading of the deceased, and in a surprise declaration, officially absolves and posthumously exonerates Citizen Montgomery d'Cordor, currently on trial for crimes against the Commonwealth!

Immediately afterwards, former guardswoman Natasha Victus makes an assassination attempt upon Minister Carton, but relinquishes her arms and submits to the Law Knights!

Cordor is in a great state of mourning for those lost in the attack, as plans for rebuilding begin on the damaged Prison."

Ramika

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 27 2009, 8:05 AM 

Player

Cordorian Guard Lieutenant Caelianna Na'fairel is seen carrying out her duties as always, but with a slightly harsher, and quieter manner to her. She watches the city like a hawk, constantly wandering off to see if help is needed. She lost a friend, and she's obviously not happy about it.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 27 2009, 8:44 AM 

Player

"Bloody ridiculous."

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 27 2009, 8:48 AM 

Player

With a freshly written letter in hand, a blue-eyed, dark-haired and spectacled young bard leaves his damaged South Cordor home, and marches directly north.

Marigold Cobcruncher: Perceptive Priestess

fireprooftroll

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 27 2009, 8:52 AM 

Player

There are some who overtly murmur that Monty was conveniently murdered. Demands to see the body were met with a regretful "no" by the Council.

Dakotaen

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 27 2009, 10:09 AM 

Player

Eir seems more than mildly amused at this news, laughing his rear end off after reading it over a few times, just to make sure he got it right.

Bugger right off! Mynna blowin' up the prison, eh? She might be metallic, but she ain't stupid. Hrmpf, probably the cordorian guardsmen, corrupt arsesniffers.

He remains utterly amused as he leaves Cordor, to attempt to get through to Guldorand in hopes of finding Mynna with the news.

Characters: Currently trying my best to stick to Beridoc Brushgale

Maias227

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 27 2009, 10:16 AM 

Player

Karleron can be seen in the Nomad qiute a lot nocier than usual celebrating the Commenwealth and the death of a dictator.

Kraniumbrud

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 27 2009, 12:04 PM 

Player

siasha sees this note and mutters "wouldnt surprise me if they killed the old duke off and blamed it on the terrorists"

Dwagin

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 27 2009, 12:10 PM 

Player

*Alone, locked in his room he mulled over the news, smoking at a pipe as the half-dragon lent back, legs kicked up, stroking his scaled maw.*

Dead... or locked away where no one can find the key. Most convinent Monty. You snidely looked at me when you snubbed me those years ago you bastard. Who is laughing now?

This is what you get when you drop trow on people who fight to save your precious Cordor, Monty. This is what you get when you burn bridges Monty.

*His eyes narrowed as he continued speaking to himself, clawing hold of the book he had been perusing, shredding it.*

...If only that were the case. All too convinent. Mynna wouldn't kill him. No. No, that would be too happy a day for me. For us. As much as I am wone to admit it, entreating that folly would take me no where.

So where are you hiding him, my precious little Clock-work? Where is he.. The council.. all too blatant. Too easy.. This is why men are inferior creatures Father.. I see. They cannot hope to come to terms with my insight.

Should we get involved? Oh, I've been quite bored lately, father. We should have some fun. How about a little game to prove to you I have what it takes? Oh yes, this'll be grand..

*And with that Rras-rarri scribed a letter, casually, he walked it down to Franton bright and early, and stood in front of the man's desk. The large half-drake staring down at him, explaining that he has an important missive which should be given directly to the council-head, and not opened.*

Understand that this is of the utmost importance to the council. I expect a swift response on this. If I do not hear within a day, I will assume it was not delivered and assume you are in collusion with the terrorists and tampered with this.

*Within the folds of the wax-sealed letter, reads in a rust-colored ink.*

Most dedicated council,

I Rras-rarri, long time resident of the city of Tolerence have attempted to make my presence known as ally and citizen of the fair city of Cordor. Many times in the past have I come to help Her patrons when times threatened.

Both from internal and external threats, inspite of never being recognized for the deeds, by the corrupt criminal you had so thankfully removed from power.

Know that in that you have a friend that understands your intent. It has come to my knowledge that during the attack that an icon of signifigant importance had been stolen. I know where you can find it. I will help you. But I must speak to a representative of the council. Please contact me with more information.

I do not trust more to be said less than directly. You may contact me via Speedy, or more specifically in my room at the Nomad. Know I have... special skills which may aid you in recovering that lost item, so that the enemies of this beautiful city, won't go unpunished.

Normally the affairs of mankind do not cross into my mind, but this particular.. issue involves me personally as I view Cordor as my 'home'.

-Signed-
Rras-rarri, Dedicant of Io.

-Extraordinarily ordinary in the mostest of ways.

Kuldrorn2100000

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 27 2009, 19:50 PM 

Player

*Dberaitnhger Korvath sends a note though speedies*

*Note is in a blueish ink*

To the Council of Cordor
I know this is a great hit on the town. Ever since what happen to Sir Bruce, may he rest in peace, and the convition of Sir Greywatch. I would like to help with the rebuild. i have some good crafting arms and armor if it is needed also i can help with arming the floor with a couting of metal so this does not happen again. i will take the time to help with the reinforcement of that. i do not mind. If you do not wish to have my help i am fine with it just send me a note through speedies. Thank you for reading this note.

Signed,
Dberaitnhger Korvath

*note is sealed with a wax imprint of the Korvath Symble with a scythe over it and Jergal's symble under that.*

The Eye of the Storm is calm but to most will find out that it will take a few seconds for that to pass
Jestin
Imbrace the Shadows of your distuction

Xaviera

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 27 2009, 22:40 PM 

Player

Xaviera almost drops the paper in shock as she reads the news with mounting incredulity. "Verrault, dead? Mynna a terrorist? The Duke, dead? Oh, how ~terribly~ convenient!" She frowns as she continues reading. "So this is what he meant...."

"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt
AmiaWiki mod (mostly inactive)

Grymia

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 27 2009, 22:44 PM 

Player

Warrick quietly looked at the paper, narrowing his eyes with a measure of both concern and deep thought.

"Time to get to work finding the truth, I hazard."
he said to himself.

Torzeng

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 28 2009, 0:11 AM 

Player

*Weston reads over the paper, but little comes to news for him having seen the aftermath in person; at least to a small degree.*

"Sort of glad Cordor isn't home anymore..." *He tosses the paper into a trash receptical.* "Grew up here and couldn't pick a name out of this that means anything to me."

*The teenage human walks down a dock still accessable and pays for his fare towards Wiltun as he goes to the side of the ship. He watches the sea ahead instead of the city vanish behind.*

Yossarin

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 28 2009, 6:01 AM 

Player

Ethan Starr, editor of the Amian Recorder, makes an appearance in several places around Cordor, and even winds up as far away as Kohlingen, speaking privately and quietly with several people in what appears to be a very large piece. Most of what he is working on is being kept close to the chest, and he continues to promise some big news, if he can just find the scoop.

Misty Summers

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 28 2009, 9:14 AM 

Player

Someone overheard Misty speaking with Garrett in Cordor square, she agreed to have the Wiltun Guards keep a look out for the two men believed to be responsible for the disaster that stuck South cordor. And should they be apprehended they will be turned over to the Cordor guard immidiatley/

Craig deathwalker

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 28 2009, 12:26 PM 

Player

News travelled fast that day in Cordor, the underground always busy dealings meant it didn’t take long for Ray Rodgers to hear of the news. He looked around the sanctuary some men smiled others looked to there bottles of ale as if it were to be there last.

Well duke, you brought on your own demise. Shame truly, I had wished to speak to thee, your death I wonder will it change much.

Smiling over to his bartender he lifts his glass of whiskey, taking the final mouthful and setting down the empty glass. A wink to one of the table’s ladies he set off back into the underground.

Ray's song! Thanks to Amarice, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujzp9ffPwPM

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 28 2009, 16:27 PM 

Player

*Amarice expression hardens as she hears the news... she slips back on her helmet and resumes her duty... but not a single word is heared from the Lieutnant that day aside from whar is truly necessary during her work*

Yossarin

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 28 2009, 23:29 PM 

Player

Three days after the destruction of the Prison Tower in South Cordor, the Commonwealth Council convenes for a session to address the matters and concerns at hands. Joseph Maximillian, Minister of Finance and spokesperson for the Council, begins by noting that the terrorists suspected of the bottom, Yurioji and Mynna, probably acted of their own volition and may not be related to the Noble Army being raised against the Commonwealth and that, officially, Citizen Montgomery d'Cordor may not have been their intended target, but rather guards within the complex.

The first issue on the docket was a proposal, issued by Minister of Law Hector L. Carton, to erect a statue in memory of Citizen Montgomery d'Cordor's influence on Cordor. Normally such a proposal would never have been considered, but with the Minister of Law's abrupt and posthumous exoneration of the city's former Duke, the proposal could be considered.

On public record:

Joseph Maximillian, Minister of Finance, voted nay, citing that the Commonwealth did not need to put labor and money towards a monument dedicated to a corrupt leader who misled and mismanaged the citizens and was even accused of crimes against the Commonwealth, for which he was standing trial prior to his demise.

Hector L. Carton, Minister of Law, voted aye, as the proposal was his own, and argued that although the Duke might not have been entirely well-liked, he was nonetheless an influential figure in an old dynasty and therefore deserving of some monument. The Cordorian Merchant's Guild would not exist in its present state of not for his influence.

Elijah Cromwell, Minister of Labor, voted nay, in favor of his constituency, the labor force of the Commonwealth comprised almost entirely of South Cordorians. The South Cordorians, he argued, were vehemently against the Duke's memory, having suffered financially and socially under his reign, and that he could not in good conscience vote to erect a monument that was tantamount to reminding the South Cordorians of their suffering.

Jonathin Leohnard, Minister of Public Welfare, voted aye, stating that such a monument was not only in good taste, but would go a long way towards helping the Commonwealth heal after such a contentious change in government. There were still many who needed a feeling of laying the old form of government to rest. In addition, candles would be added to the Canal in Cordor for those who had perished, and to do nothing for Citizen d'Cordor would be unfair and unjust, particularly in light of his exoneration.

Collin Reyes, Minister of Magic, broke the tie with a solid aye in favor of the erection of a statue. He claimed that many in the adventuring community - the vast majority of magically active citizens in the Commonwealth, and therefore often under his purview - would wish to see it come to pass, and warned Maximillian, in a surprise statement, to "pick his battles more wisely".

A monument to Citizen Montgomery d'Cordor, former Duke of Cordor, is now being planned for placement somewhere in Cordor.

Ethan Starr of the Amian Recorder hails the vote and Reyes' tie-breaker as a minor victory for those sympathetic to the previous Duke.

Afterwards, the Council addressed the issue of Banishing Monstrous Races from Cordor. Several citizens of the Commonwealth had a lot of say on this hot button issue, and tensions ran very high. No vote could be reached due to the lack of any solid proposal on how to handle problematic monstrous races in Cordor, so the Maximillian, as Speaker, asked that formal and official proposals be written and delivered to Franton, the Chief Clerk of the Commonwealth. The merit of these proposals can then be decided upon, amended, and voted in as legal documentation.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]