View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Yossarin

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 10 2009, 6:18 AM 

Player

Rumors begin circulating through the Commonwealth of Cordor and beyond that the Minister of Law, Hector L. Carton, perished of natural causes in his home overnight.

Minister of Welfare and Public Health, Johnathin Leohnard, reportedly held vigil with the man until the end. Funerary services are planned, as well as a procession through the Legal District, where Hector L. Carton served Cordor as Chief Justice for thirty-five years before being elevated to head up the Ministry of Law.

No official statement from the Commonwealth Council comes yet. But many of the citizens mourn a public figure who was much loved. Unless they were criminals.

To those who visit the prisons often enough, there is a lot of chatter, glorifying the fact that the old son of a bitch finally kicked the bucket.

Sunkin Sheep

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 10 2009, 21:02 PM 

Player

In Wharftown, a bronze armored woman sits on a bench overlooking what once was the gulf of Lumorier. She spends most of her time sharpening her axe, checking over a cannon-like weapon, and tossing around a few throwing knives. Sometimes she can be seen speaking quietly with few passing travelers, but for the most part, she does not leave the town.

"One last time" She said to herself.

Laika-Unknown

Mr Mago

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 10 2009, 21:06 PM 

Player

As word of Hector's death finally reaches Darthion, his reply is simple and concise:

"Good"

Join the Banites!

Neus Scario

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 10 2009, 21:08 PM 

Player

Hearing word of this as whispers of the news spread to Wharftown, Yurioji seems quite unhappy about the judge's passing. "Even though I knew this was coming, it's still hard to hear. However, being so rash could very well mean your death, Reyes."

PM me if you need something with them.

Phantom-D

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 10 2009, 22:51 PM 

Player

Sazer can be seen tossing a few back and snickering with some shady locals in the Long and Short.

Torzeng

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 11 2009, 4:09 AM 

Player

Weston is not phased by the news as it reaches him. But yet it weighs on his mind and he goes before the idol of Salandra.

"I need not know who the man was. Knowing how he passed, I pray for him."

Zekiah

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 11 2009, 4:25 AM 

Player

*Upon hearing this news, Silent Jack mimics the consumption of booze. His grin is wide and his teeth do not hide, and he makes his way to his Jester's side.*

AlannaMolov

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 11 2009, 4:39 AM 

Player

Alanna sits with her head between her knees at the side of the canal, several of the small memorial boats gathered near her feet like kittens, their lights flickering off the woman's grave, tired face in the dim Corordian twilight.

"The hairs on my neck are standing up... the air smells like it does right before a thunderstorm... and when it comes, the one that tore up the outskirts'll seem like a spring drizzle..."

With a sigh, she rises, looking somberly across the square to the Council building, behind which yet another stormcloud looms.

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."

Maias227

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 11 2009, 20:47 PM 

Player

As soon as Karl hears news of Hector's demise a letter is sent promptly to the Commonwealth building.

Defenders of Prosperity, Caretakers of the Commonwealth

I fear rumours of the passing of venerated Hector L. Carton has already reached my ears. I wish to express my most sincere condolences to the Carton family and the Commonwealth in general for loosing such a staunt defender Commonwealth values.

May the gods themselves welcome such a honourable man in their halls with all fitting for such a man of station.

Long Live the Commonwealth!

Karleron Undt

Xaviera

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 18 2009, 17:29 PM 

Player

Engrossed as she is in making arrangements for the bath house renovations, Xaviera only thinks of Carton's death when she remembers that nothing has as yet actually, physically, happened with the project - her plans exist only on paper, and until she sees the work completed she cannot long shake her sense of disquietude. All her dreams are as gossamer, and could still evaporate into nothingness.

When the thought creeps unbidden and unwelcome into her mind, she stops the scratching of her pen or stylus on paper or tablet and pauses, frowning. A short prayer to her Goddess and a deep breath are usually sufficient to banish the lingering unease, at least for a time. Some nights, though, she dreams of robed and shadowed figures, some with features resembling the surviving Councillors, that appear out of the darkness to tear the stones of her shining temple to the ground and shatter the idol of the Dancing Lady. She looks down at the beautifully-carved marble face, her tears falling upon it, as they close in...

"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt
AmiaWiki mod (mostly inactive)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]