View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 30 2009, 5:54 AM 

Player

A trio of messengers dressed in traditional Temple attire, all bearing the Emblem of Kohlingen on their livery, walk into the Northern Outskirts of Cordor, and proceed to make their way towards the Commonwealth Center. As the trio proceed through the town, it becomes more readily apparent that the three are priests: One of Torm, one of Tyr, and one of Ilmater.

The three of them explain that they are from Kohlingen, delivering Lord Justicar Marinsbane's (long overdue, they add, hastily, and extremely apologetically) reply to the Cordorian Commonwealth. They request to hand the note personally to Minister of Finance and Law Joseph Maximillian himself, but happily hand it off to any middlemen should it be necessary. The trio of priests stand by quietly until dismissed, at which point they acquire lodgings in the Nomad at their own expense for the night, but not before stopping into both the Temple of Lathander and the Temple of Waukeen and leaving generous tithes. In the morning, they ready themselves and leave for Kohlingen.

As before, the contents of the letter quickly become public knowledge. After all, it is essentially a letter addressed to the Commonwealth, and does not every honest, hardworking man and woman belong to the Commonwealth and so views his own mail?

To Joseph Maximillian, and the Cordorian Commonwealth,

I hope this long overdue letter finds you well. I have heard of your recent troubles with the "BLACK" organization, and they trouble me deeply, that such a group would go after innocent men and women. If there is anything the City of Kohlingen, the Defenders, the Triadic Knights or indeed I personally, can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know. Cordor has always been among the best of our friends and allies, and we would not abandon your citizens in a time of need such as this.

The five men you sent me all expressed a genuine desire to remain in Kohlingen and so, as I am sure you've noticed, have been allowed to remain here in residency. They have quickly found niches for themselves in the Holy City and to my knowledge are doing quite well for themselves. They are exceptionally hard workers, and I am pleased to see that the spirit of the hardworking Cordorian continues to flourish under the rule of the Commonwealth. Surely the late Montgomery would be proud to see his citizens so determined to find a better future for Cordor.

Though far overdue in addressing this issue, something which you have my apologies for, I would like to state that the "Triadic Knight" listed in your notices does not and has not existed in our records. It was a false name on false documents likely used to stir up bad relations between us. I hope this has not had lasting negative impact on us as neighbors, and seek to make amends if it has.

On a final note, I have been speaking with my advisors on cutting out a time that I may come and visit Cordor personally. It will be the first visit I have made to Cordor since the Duke abdicated his rule, may he rest in peace, and indeed my first time departing Kohlingen in quite some time at all. If there is a specific day you would like me to arrive, please let me know, otherwise I will arrive as soon as I may be away from the city for a few days to properly take in all that your city has to offer, now. I look forward to meeting you and your citizens in person, Minister Maximillian.

Yours,

Lord of Kohlingen
Justicar Marinsbane

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]