View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ] 
Maias227

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 15 2009, 7:00 AM 

Player

Kebnaz thoughts drifted as he marched down the street towards the bazaar of Ultrinnan. It would be another ultimately boring day on the way as a Vanguard of the city. The position was respect and power, which was a great thing to achieve for any drow, yet it did not make the day any less boring.
Tapping the heavily enchanted sword at his sword he looked around lazily, watching the daily affair passing in the city of the Spider Queen. He smiled wryly as he spotted a lone male thief who clumsily tried to snatch some rothe meat. This would be interesting.

Yet suddenly a single cry shouted down the street changed everything. Quickly, like a spreading wildfire it was taken up by other and carried to all far reaches of the city. “The Council of Matrons are overthrowing house Baenre!” Kebnaz’s blood froze entirely for a few seconds yet each seemed as an eternity. The implications was of the simple sentence was catastrophic and incredibly fortunate at the same time. Kebnaz had only a cycle ago been making informal agreements with Tinnerai about possibly joining their house guards… this would be a sign of great events and great worth to him!
Kebnaz turned towards his fellow Vanguard to glee over this favourable turn of events. Meeting him was the drawn blade and a murderous expression. Kebnaz never even got his hand on his own weapon before the blade pierced his armour and flesh. His vision faded in the sea of pain he was drowning in. His last sight was the entire street reaching for arms… It had already begun…
The first weapons were drawn at the market and then it had only spread. Spread by every passing moment.

Vanguards, nobles and commoner alike all thrown into a war without mercy nor quarter. It was a battle that would determine the very future of Ultrinnan. The death toll rose steeply as even more Vanguards charged into the fray, attacking any not openly declaring themselves for Baenre, indeed, any who might get in their way.
The fighting seemed without end. It was hard to tell either side apart let alone who was winning. The streets were blurred by the fighting masses of both sides and the few trying to escape the carnage. The furious struggle eventually passed into the academy district as well. The district itself had also been part of the fighting and in many ways been the heart of the fighting.

The banners of house Baenre had been flying from the walls of the Melee Magthere from an early stage in the battle. Ever since the screams of the unlucky few trapped inside had ceased, scores of armed and bloodied warriors had marched out from the building. However, the warriors would not get far before being greeted by a hail of magical energies tossed in great multitude from the ramparts of the Sorcere.

While the far majority of Sorcere had abandoned its halls quickly after the initial outbreak of fighting; the remaining few had managed to hold its halls and claim it for the Council of Matrons.
At the height of the fighting the Council of Matrons themselves marched upon the Melee Magthere and attacked the Baenre stronghold with furious anger. Countless of the Melee Magthere were killed by the deadly spells of devastation which rained down upon them. They did not perish without a heavy toll. Many loyalists alike fell to the skilled and well drilled arms of the Melee Magthere warriors. When the banners of Baenre were finally trampled in the dust by the victorious forces, the building had been utterly ravaged. Corpses, rubble and survivors were all lying in a mangled mass in the devastated great hall.

This proved to be the turning point of the fighting. Finally those loyal to the Council of Matrons managed to drive the rampaging Vanguard back and away from the streets. Soon after the Melee Magthere had fallen and the temple secured against further attacks only one thing remained… House Baenre itself.

What truly happened in the halls of the former first house will remain a disputed fact. However it is no mystery who won. Though the greatest enemy, the Ilharess Baenre was nowhere to be found within the great house and thus evaded capture.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
As the smoke finally began to clear from the city of Ultrinnan, an entire new world order had emerged. The once powerful city has transformed entirely. Gone was the orderly bastion of drow power ensured by the Vanguard and the harsh rule of house Baenre. In its place had come a new ranking of power had come. The once proud Vanguard was either lying broken bodied in the streets and alleys or had simply vanished.

This was perhaps the most alarming fact. With both Commander Paz'kole and the Baenre Matron still alive the fighting was far from over. It was plain for all to see that it was only a question of time before the brief still before the storm would be broken by yet another devastation storm of utter chaos. Some already dreading the return of house Baenre have already fled the city, seeking sanctuary away from the bloodshed of what is now already widely viewed as a civil war.

The corpse of Kebnaz, the Vanguard, lies in a pool of blood among splintered shield and broken sword as a very real testimony of the old ways drowned in blood.

//No copyrights violation is intended with the image.

Last edited by Maias227 on Thu, Oct 15 2009, 20:36 PM, edited 1 time in total.

ainjyll

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 15 2009, 14:06 PM 

Player

Guards in the black and gold colors of Tinnerai move throughout the city in regular patrols, adding some of their number to the Vanguard for the time being. Bree'nye herself can even be seen standing on the walls of the city and directing patrols and slaves in cleaning the disaster, keeping her vigilant gaze upon Ultrinnan and the surrounding Underdark, ensuring the safety of the city that she once again rules.

Back at the Tinnerai compound, it seems that security has been tripled as it seems that almost every available guard is out patrolling the compound or patrolling the city itself.

//I've got family in town for a few days, so my playtime is limited, but I'll still be digging in the forums should anything be needed.

"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell and I stood there all by myself." -Hank III

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 15 2009, 14:21 PM 

Player

With the mild absuridty that is common amongst all drow, Mol'qualyn would have gotten up the morning after, walked over the corpses and then made her way to the bazaar bar. Finding the bartender absent, she'd go to the jalil's home and drag her out of the place, installing her behind the bar.

Once all things are in place Mol'qualyn orders herself a glass of Qilovestualt and takes a long slow sip. 'Smells funny today' was the only comment she made.

Man, this account is over 10 years old. Where do I get my old man beard?

mdchrist3

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 15 2009, 18:14 PM 

Player

*Elvith walks along the city streets as he ventures his way to the library ignoring the corpses as he reads through his notes and research*

Zanthair

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 15 2009, 19:02 PM 

Player

*Isendu't'tar seemed to have been out and about when this.. 'power shift' occured, but had returned to his quellar just in time to miss out on all the fun. Were he to emerge and see the corpses, he would simply raise an eyebrow..

Maias227

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 15 2009, 22:07 PM 

Player

Several commoners begin to speak fearfully of certain groups of Baenre house soldiers now stalking the streets rounding up random people and in many cases outright killing any not declaring their support for house Baenre. Most of these soldiers wear dirty and bloodied Melee Magthere uniforms with only recently added Baenre insignias.

It does however seem that some of these violent bands can pick fights with the wrong people. A paticular pair of these Baenre soldiers are found near the portal effectively cut down by someone more skilled.

kh_hawkes

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 16 2009, 0:12 AM 

Player

Yathabban Velthura returns from a patrol to find two Jaluks by the portal pad. They explain some Baenre have taken a part of the city. She sends one to alert the Academy and the temple as she heads to the area to investigate and lead the counter attack.

kh_hawkes

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 16 2009, 0:33 AM 

Player

Patroling the city Velthura tends to those vanguard she can getting htem back to duty. Pressing some commoners into duty she begins to bring the city back up one soldier at a time. First sending any vanguard she finds to man the gates of the city. She moves deeper into the city patroling and doing her best to set things back.

kh_hawkes

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 16 2009, 0:48 AM 

Player

After hours of no word from the council or anyone for that matter and only having raised a few of the loyal vanguard to guard the gates and finding another Jaluk to help patrol they continue their work and patrols. One staying near the portal pad with two at the gates and Velthura on roving patrol.

kh_hawkes

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 16 2009, 2:32 AM 

Player

After an hour Haelirra joins the Yathabban in the patrols and they begin to get more Vanguard up and around the city. After several hours of patrols and interrigations the High Priestess of the city Jhaelryna arrives and is briefed into the situation. On her orders Velthura is given command of the Central District vanguard only to be replaced by the High Priestess or Council.

Yurell

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 16 2009, 4:43 AM 

Player

Jhaelryna steps from the portal and casts her eyes about. The sound of flames cracking away assaults her ears as she steps towards the noise ... bodies on the streets and before her? A dead spider. Cold fury fills her as she looks at the holy creature, eyes casting about for someone who knows the situation, and finding Yath'abban Velthura.

Listening to what she says she places the Yath'abban in command of the defence, the woman already proving capable at driving off the last attack, informing her to listen to the Olath'Sutrinos, and that she would be replaced should the Council wish it.

With that she orders the docks be guarded, and hands the woman a scroll with her persona seal ... no Yathrin would take the command from her unless permitted by the Ulath'tallar.

يمكنني استخدام مترجم جوجل

kh_hawkes

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 16 2009, 4:51 AM 

Player

After a few more hours a Jaluk appears. After repeated questioning he became lippy to Vel demanding he would rather be in a cell then do as he was told. One of the Jaluk's with yathabban Velthura gave him that right killing him right before the Yathabban. A note to the Ul'yathtellar.

"In the cell I have a Jaluk who defied me at the portal Pad. I wish him to be my sacrifice for the test of Yathrin if that pleases you."

// The jaluk is Szor'drin

xdrone561x

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 16 2009, 5:33 AM 

Player

Location: in the factories and mills, in the shipyards and mines

-Many would see a familiar presence in the city once again. Those who would know him would see Fang patrolling and standing guard upon the city walls, his ever watchful eyes on the surrounding caverns-

siggy by qualiz<3

TheCortroy

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 16 2009, 7:05 AM 

Player

Maltha'gor d'Tinnerai could be seen away from his house, and instead in the central district watching over the portal and the gate, his helmet covering any emotion that could otherwise be visible.

The Great Equalizer

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 16 2009, 11:41 AM 

Player

Over much of the conflict, sitting atop the battlements of the Tinnerai compound Vornnolu Tinnerai played his harp. Using his bardic magic to cause his dark, powerful tune to carry to every corner of Ultrinnan's great cavern.

Qualiz

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 16 2009, 12:55 PM 

Player

*As individuals take charge of the little problems and uprisings on the streets, Ilharess Xull'd'Vharcan takes heed of the problems on a larger scale.
Upon hearing of the lack of Gates and guards to watch them, she seemed obviously disturbed. Instantly her workers, soldiers, and slaves were put on high alert - new gates needed to be put in instantly. Also a few soldiers from her own guard were given to the Vanguard to monitor the Gates leading to the different districts. Besides this messengers could be seen moving swiftly forth and back between the Xull'd'Vharcan and Tinnerai houses, and finally a guarded cortage was sent to Tinnerai. What the large chests contained, no one knew.*

Siggy by Koragi, Vegan, & Myself

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 16 2009, 14:10 PM 

Player

Location: On a Disk, carried by four elephants, which stand on a gigantic turtle.

*Zenalith, having returned to the city to find the remains for the battle, joined in the efforts to secure the aftermath, caring little for the houses constant struggle, he sort really to only prevent lesser scum from entering the city of lolth. He and a group of other drow secured the breach in the front gates, constructing a cruce, but effective, blockade out of the shattered remains of the gate, effectively blocking the breached gate from entrance.

The second gate was checked, found intact, and placed under guard, of course the hapless Zenalith was placed in this boring postion. As he stood upon the battlement he wondered to himself how long before he grew sick of the stupidity the city held and left once more to persue his own path of power.*

((Goth may have screenies of us blocking up the gate by dragging the wooden piles that remained of the main walls gate into the breach with his bebelith.))

"Do ye know where the Holy-Flamin' Frost-brand Gronk-slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' woundin' an' returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-out-yer-bum is?"

ainjyll

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 16 2009, 15:32 PM 

Player

Hearing the gossip about the Baenre loyalists, Bree'nye Tinnerai, the dreaded one-eyed Ilharess of Ultrinnan takes to the streets with several of her guards in a search for any that would dare whisper a word against her new rule. Any commoners she runs across, she questions briefly if they know anything. After rounding up any information she can, she returns to her qu'ellar and sends her guards back out to assist with the clean up and repair of Ultrinnan.

"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell and I stood there all by myself." -Hank III

kh_hawkes

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 16 2009, 20:39 PM 

Player

The next cycle when Velthura rises from her hour of rest she finds she now commands the entire city defense force. Simply shaking her head she moves to her command post smirking before giving orders for patrols to be sent out and hunt down any rebles they find.

Fierene Havenstar

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 17 2009, 23:15 PM 

Player

“Feasting.” Her voice carries in the cold air. “Again.” Her tone is neutral, as she makes the observations. Candles hold their light steady, showing the starkness of the situation. The blood flows, the body twitches and then is still. The hapless Ultrinnan Vanguard lies dead.

Aly’isgar speaks the incantation and the sounds explode into her secret workshop. Her immediate reaction is a smile, crimson eyes reflecting candle light as if on fire. Screams, clashing of metal, boots beating like heartbeats as they run and cries…cries that sound like “Beanre”.

She glances at the black leather letter that is finished and ready for delivery. Her concentration is broken and the candles flicker. But she has seen enough for the moment. There are only a few options for what has happened. Her crimson eyes go to the Battle Board. Would this latest event delay plans or spurn them forward?

Picking up her cloak the motion of swinging it onto her shoulders douses the candles. She speaks ancient words of power, her arm glows magenta and her servant appears. “We have work to do.” Her tone is confident; the servant follows as she strides from the workshop.

Yurell

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 18 2009, 10:08 AM 

Player

The Ulath'tallar gives a speech in the centre of the city, addressing the commoners of Ultrinnan, doing her best to rouse them. Her century of singing comes in useful as she speak loudly and powerfully, voice supported by her diaphragm.

Citizens of Ultrinnan! You recognise me as the Ulath'tallar of this city, and I speak to you as the leader of the Faith of the Valsharess. I, Ulath'tallar Jhaelryna del Qu'ellar Xull'd'Vharcan, do hereby arraign and censor Qu'ellar Baenre of Heresy! The former first Il'haress has abandoned the Valsharess, and has tuned her back on all of you! Baenre seeks to lead all drow from the path set by Her divine will, and have us destroyed beneath the heretic's yoke!

She finishes the statement with raised fist and voice, looking to those listening, letting the sound echo around the cavern for the moment before continuing.

Which of you have not suffered from the Plague? Which of you has lost coin and position because of its gnarled talons? Let it be known that not only was Baenre keeping the discovered cure from you, but created the Plague! Plague! The weapon of Talona! What more proof do we need that they had turned on the Valsharess? Yet more they have provided!

Again she lets her voice hang in the air, decades of being a bard and singing Her praise coming down to this performance.

This disease has been found to be the work of Ghaunadaur, a being who vainly thinks himself an opponent of the Valsharess! Fools! He is an enemy to be destroyed, but matches Her not! Paz'kole has been destroyed for her allegiance to Baenre and their false gods, let our cries of faith forever ring down on those that would oppose the Valsharess!
LLOTH TLU MALLA!

She finishes with raised fist and head, the final words shouted out with the full might of her diaphragm.
Lloth tlu malla.

Maias227

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 18 2009, 11:07 AM 

Player

A new day begins in Lolth’s Glorious Ultrinnan. The last few cycles the city had been an arena of both life and death. Countless had perished and the old order had come crashing down hard. Now both the Sorcere and the Melee-Magthere lies in ruins, its inhabitants either slain or have fled the city. Yet the presence of once powerful house Baenre is nowhere to be seen. Among the rubble and lone corpses still covering the streets frequent patrols make their presence known. They almost exclusively wear the insignia of House Kil'ani and Xull'd'Vharcan while the number of Tinnerai patrols seems to have been reduced drastically.

The gates, however, is no longer unguarded. A few Vanguards man the massive walls enforced by numerous citizens who patrol both the city and its surrounding area quite often.
The Bazaar is almost entirely devoid of life; only a lone bartender with a very limited inventory of questionable quality has managed to reopen. The mood of the common people is grim yet some are now braving the streets every now and again. The rumours of commander Paz’kole’s death is said to have been the source of most recent quite city life. Some glee others see it as a sign of impending doom yet all agree that it is milestone of importance.
A new day has come to Ultrinnan yet its troubles are far from over as the hostile environment of the Underdark gives no respite.

//No copyrights violation intended

Sarendriel

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 18 2009, 18:37 PM 

Player

After Olath’Draada Isendu't'tar Xull'd'Vharcan brought message that bazaar merchants have ran somewhere to the caverns when the war started, huge troop of drow kin, included Ilharess Kil’ani, was headed into mission to find these missing merchants as the city had started to suffer for the lack of important goods. They didn’t have to search for long, as a few of them were found in the hidden cave, all in good health. After they were safely escorted back to the city, Ilharess Kil’ani made a decision to take these valuable merchants into her Q’uellar ‘till the unstable situation in the city would be over. Together with Faern Gloth and Sutrinos Malag’Yaz, Ilharess escorted obviously relieved merchants to her well protected House. Decision to continue searching for other missing trade members was also made. Next cycle messengers from Kil’ani Q’uellar were sent to deliver sealed notes to every council member.

“I have offered protection for a few of our city’s missing merchants at my Q'uellar: for Lhra the Whip Mistress, X’solia, Delade the Seam Mistress and tailor Belalor. Reason is quite clear: without them this city will soon have another huge problem in the middle of this war, battle, destruction and chaos. They are sent back to the Bazaar area when the situation in this city has settled and calmed down. Just recently I also got information from Jaluk Taer’fein that Illithd merchant and N’bril have been found in the Underport. I gave an order to get them back here as well.”

Signed,
Ilharess Kil’ani

Characters:
Aideen
Shae Irina ~War Knight~
May´shalee

FA_Frey_XC

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 19 2009, 1:42 AM 

Player

*messengers are sent to each remaining Matron, containing a message sealed in a silver-green scrollsheath*

Gers

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 22 2009, 4:20 AM 

Player

In Ultrinnan, a curious happening is beginning to occur. Perhaps a harbinger of more trouble, a reaction to the cure, or an odd fluctuation in the city's faerzees, theories abound, but one thing is for sure:

The drow are starting to glow.

Initially spotted by some on those who had begun to recieve the cure first and earliest, by now it has begun to spread. Radiating outwards from the injection sites for the plague cure, many previously infected drow are noting, with deep trepidation, that large portions of their bodies are starting to glow in a bright golden-yellow hue. This is often accompanied by a slight itching around the injection site, but nothing else seems to be amiss, at least for now. Still, those walking Ultrinnan's streets cannot deny what their eyes are telling them, even if most seem to try to cover up the afflicted limbs.

Others have noted something else amiss. Shortly since the cure has started to circulate in large amounts, a similar glowing has begun in the many mushrooms littering Ultrinnan's streets. While the massive fungi do not seem to be damaged or dying, many now shed a soft, pale golden radiance similar to that exhibited by some drow.

What is most annoying though, is that they seem to be glowing brighter cycle by cycle.

TheCortroy

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 22 2009, 6:10 AM 

Player

Maltha'gor, observing a glowing citizen would place his helmet on, growling.

"Vithing light."

Iteries

PostPosted: Thu, Oct 22 2009, 21:22 PM 

Player

Has been a long time since Kerr been to that city of the underdark. He was enjoying the coldness of the air that flows down from above in another underdark. He heard a cure was finally done and thought it time to see how they are fairing.

~Conflict, confliction, even more conflicting battles. So like us choatic people of elven nation. No matter the color of the skin.~ He mused, as he opens the portal and bows to those around, not telling with the glow assulting him was male or female. He hood and half covered face to protect against any infliction that might be occuring, along with his robes of black, deep rich blues and touches of white & silver.

~What is that glow?~ He moved over to the large mushrooms first, causally steping over any possible bodies still laying around. He pulls out a knife and a vial and tries to scratch this glowing patch into a vail ~This could be interesting in the future here~ As he slowly makes his way to the Socerer Tower.

Gers

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 06 2009, 23:10 PM 

Player

Word begins to spread through Ultrinnan of a recent incident at the docks for ships from the Underport. According to witnesses, it seems that a small vessel owned by a group of drow traders was tying up at the docks when it suddenly burst into flames, quickly sinking and resulting in the loss of some cargo, including a dozen slaves being brought in to the city. Word on the street is that Ul'faeruk Gloth and Commander Velthura are currently investigating the incident.

Gers

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 08 2009, 22:55 PM 

Player

Throughout Ultrinnan, word spreads of the dramatic conclusion of a recent temple service to give thanks and homage to the dread Valsharess, Lloth. Yathrin Velthura is said to have given the heart and soul of a former Winya Ravanan councilor, Faelar, to Lloth. This sacrifice apparently met with the Valsharess' approval, as the vines with their spider-shaped flowers began to glow during the ceremony, and more flowering vines erupted from the temple's well to once again embrace Lloth's idol, as well as to claim the mortal remains of the sacrificed councilor. Many who witnessed the ceremony would state that Lloth's favor is definately with the city once again, with the ousting of Baenre.

Gers

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 15 2009, 21:06 PM 

Player

Word begins to spread rapidly throughout the city of Ultrinnan: it would seem that the grand Temple of Lloth has recently been invaded by demons, and that it has been befouled by the touch of another power. Those listening to the rumors would note that the name Zuggtmoy is mentioned quite often, and those entering the temple itself would bear witness to a chilling sight: damage done from many spells, demonic claws, and... the central idol to Lloth's glory lies shattered in a heap of stones upon the floor of the temple. The vines still infest the temple's sanctum, though now instead of possessing flowers shaped as spiders, with a delicious aroma, they now resemble rotting, wilted things, though still living. The fetid stench of mushrooms and fungus fills the air, along with uncounted funal spores. Rumors of strange rumblings and gutteral sounds occasionally being heard in the Temple have also begun to spread.

What is even worse, though... it would be readily apparent that there's been a sudden, drastic upswing in the use of crafted divine magical items by the surviving members of the Temple's regular clergy, such as rods and wands of healing, in the wake of this disaster. While those who have sacrificed and prayed at private or House altars are unaffected, it's very apparent that, one and all, those who solely used the temple are now likely bereft of true divine support. Though few have the guts to say it openly, the word fallen can be heard in many shadows.

Fierene Havenstar

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 15 2009, 22:25 PM 

Player

She held the report in her gloved hand shaking her head. “Zuggtmoy? What in the nine hells is that?” Aly’isgar then pulls a portal wand from her boot and within moments she is through the portal.

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 15 2009, 22:57 PM 

Player

On this fateful day, there was one tiny mote of hope.

Vorn'ang, alleged offspring of immaculate conception of Lloth and Veh'dra Qos'Yutsu aided the guarding of the portal. The Spider-Drow hybrid's presence and the reasons for it are shrouded in mystery, but she is here to stay it seems for the moment.

Man, this account is over 10 years old. Where do I get my old man beard?

FA_Frey_XC

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 16 2009, 1:35 AM 

Player

*a letter is sent bearing the Seal of Frey Asaid'De Majere to the Council of Matrons, delivered by his own personal courier, a small girl with a dark scarf around her neck*

ainjyll

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 16 2009, 5:02 AM 

Player

Word of these happenings reach Bree'nye and in a snarl of rage, she sends slaves scattering to the corners of her room. In a half a breath she has returned to normal and sends for Velthura.

Yurell

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 16 2009, 5:04 AM 

Player

When Jhaelryna hears of the attack after it happened she sends for Velthura and Div'esril, looking rather poor of mood.

Gers

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 23 2009, 2:40 AM 

Player

In the wake of the revelation of the Temple's taint, a new shrine to the Queen of Spiders has been consecrated by Commander Velthura. Sealed with the sacrifice of two fallen priestesses from the old temple, Lloth again has a proper hold in Ultrinnan, this time in the command post that was once a part Ultrinnan's commoner apartments. It is believed that Lloth has shown her favor in this undertaking, enchanting a once-normal sacrificial dagger even as it cut the heart from the chest of the second priestess to be given to Her.

Those still faithful to the Spider Queen in the city who previously had no access to an idol to pray to can often be seen making their way to the command post to make their prayers and sacrifices. It would seem that Lloth is not quite entirely pleased though; those who fell from worshipping the tainted idol in the Temple seem not to have regained the fickle Valsharess' favor, despite their feverent prayers.

Gers

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 06 2009, 22:24 PM 

Player

Word begins to spread through the remaining residents of Ultrinnan concerning a massive battle at the temple of Lloth. The tainted temple, apparently still under the sway of Zuggtmoy, has suffered grievous damage due to a massive attack by demons, and the efforts of the city's defenders to drive them back. The temple's once grand facade is now melted and charred from magics, and it's believed that Zuggtmoy was attempting to spread her influence beyond the Temple's confines. The damage was worst in the main chapel, where a portal to the 222nd Layer appeared to have again manifested. The demonic fungi, plants, and tanar'ri of Zuggtmoy's realm wrecked havoc on the room, resulting in it's eventual collapse, and it's believed that several Vanguard and many of those working in or near the Temple at the time have died, their bodies ripped to shreds and thrown from the temple.

Afterwards, a ceremony to give thanks to Lloth for the phyrric victory is said to have been held. The sacrifice of a pair of surfacer intruders yielded the appearance of a Yochlol. Whispered rumors claim that the Yochlol was not happy at all... that it was in fact furious at the city for allowing the Temple to remain tainted for so long. As things stand currently, the temple is in the process of being cleaned out; virtually every room having been burned, blasted, and melted with acid or despoiled with demonic ichor.

Gers

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 08 2009, 5:51 AM 

Player

In the wake of the attack on and the near-destruction of the temple, several small groups of drow, mostly commoners, have been seen leaving the city, heavily laden with their possessions. Some might be seen later in Underport, booking passage on caravans and ships to other cities of the Underdark. Others have headed out into the deeper caverns, apparently headed for other points. A very small number of others might have been seen headed towards the route up towards the surface, weather by design or simply by vurtue of being lost in unfamiliar tunnels, only they know.

Also of note is the sudden disappearance of a couple of the recent Vanguard trainees.

kh_hawkes

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 08 2009, 6:06 AM 

Player

*Note are posted throughout the city telling those leaving that if they wish shelter to seek out commander Velthura and she will see them housed and fed for the time being at a location they will get from her. She is also seen talking to many of the vanguard but of what remains unclear to any but those few she keeps at her side often.*

BlackDahlya

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 14 2010, 8:51 AM 

Player

Location: Land of the Scorching Sun, Empowered by Global Warming

The Dragon Disciple, possibly the only one of his kind to freely walk those streets, never hid his thoughts about the state the city was in. One would think he was mad, or just doing it out of spite, aware that the Spider Queen had left the city.

Among words spoken by him to commoners and nobles alike, a sentence was quite common:

"I warned you."

There was even mention of being a Chosen, who was not heard simply for being male, and regardless of the Queen's reasons to choose him they were too quick to dismiss his judgement. Now he was back to watch them struggle.

But he was not entirely heartless. He was going to help them rebuild, just because he was a Chosen.

So far, only one questioned his words. And yet, there he was, still wandering the streets.

Was he a madman? Was he bluffing? Or was he speaking the truth?

Once Upon A Time Played
Adr'ael Ken'rahel, Auron Teken’ath, Aurora Mesodias, 'Daniel' Daoskinaxarijikkym, Eilin'ira, Helena Rios, Layla Faircurrent, May'Une Do'Ndar, Mellinda Tellus, Michael of Cliffside, Rizzen of Twilight, Valkirya d'Claddath

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]