View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Mahtan

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 23 2009, 3:31 AM 

Player

Late in the dark light of the moon, the rangers and druids of the forest all gathered around their meeting area near the crystal node. All was fine as they spoke of their day and deeds done.

As the winds changed, a foul smell of rotting eggs began filling the forest. As the Rangers and Druids scattered to various ends of the woods to find the source, they were all met with a large blaze of blue flame and odd puddles of a blood red liquid on the floors and trees. The smell of the toxic gas knocked out many early on it entered their lungs. As they lay there the wicked blue flames burn fast and extremely hot, ripping through the dry and or dead fuels around the forest. Ultimately catching the largest trees ablaze.

The fire grows far up into the trees signaling all of Amia of the event there. The smaller fuels burn and lead the fire to more larger fuels to burn. Try as the ranger and druids may, the toxic, flammable fumes and smoke were the last things they saw before dropping to the floor in a slow death.

Some of those arriving later caught on to the signs of the toxic gasses and took the forms of elementals or undead. These brave folk dragged the fallen out of the forest to safety.

Those of the Grove tried to hold the fires at the bridge, but with the large open area and canopy, the flames quickly swept behind them with many spot fires. They retreated back into Oakmist Vale to make another stand. While they battle the flames at the cliffs and small river, the fire had spread from the outside canopy up to the treehouse! Debris begins falling down on the protectors and animals. The Ranger, Vichard, makes the order to retreat to the Festival grounds with the animals and survivors. There they make the final stand against the blaze. With the help of the Arch-druid and many others aiding in keeping the fire contained, they were successful.

==============================================

Outside Oakmist Vale lies the large toxic death trap still claiming lives of those not shifted. The Knights of the Weave and the Triad see that the Western Forest remains unburned and quickly head there to keep it that way. The Knights and other adventurers that had joined them all took the forms of canine and umber hulks. Digging large fire breaks to prevent the fire from coming further west. Greatly tearing up the land, but saving far more from the flames.

While the Forest Protectors and the Knights battle the large fire, the gods of nature must have been on their side, as a large storm comes over head, greatly slowing the fire, combined with the fire breaks and lack of fuels, the fire came to a halt. Only the largest trees and roots underground still burn.

After all their effort, the losses seem high, but seeing what could have been had the the fire gone further west, the losses were minimal:

The Central Forest lies in foul rotten egg smelling ashes, only the largest trees close to water remain.

The Forest Witches hut has been burned to the ground, no sign of her, just odd colored stains in the areas about fifteen feet from her hut, everything that gets to close to the radius of it begins to feel sick and ill, vomiting and some passing out.

The Bridge to Oakmist Vale is badly damaged and prone to collapsing any minute.

Oakmist Vale has similar losses, the treehouse collapsing claimed what the fire did not. Only several trees remain standing and the ground is covered in ash. This ash does not carry the same foul smell.

The Western forest is saved, as is the Festival Grounds of Oakmist Vale, A small section of Oakmist vale remains unburned, a section that is safe behind a waterfall.

But the most important thing, the Great Duir remains untouched by the flames.

The Groves Protectors are seen cleaning the debris of their lost village as many volunteers and the Glade are helping with the Central forest. Putting out reaming smokes and hot spots before they flare back up.

Last edited by Mahtan on Mon, Nov 23 2009, 5:44 AM, edited 1 time in total.

TheCortroy

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 23 2009, 3:49 AM 

Player

Somewhere, a servant would be speaking to someone, a obvious look of fear in his eyes.

"M-M-Master, y-your plan worked!"

"Of course it did, now shut up and go get me something to drink you insolent little beast."

"Y-Y-Yes sir."

"This was only the start, much more lies ahead."

FA_Frey_XC

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 23 2009, 4:48 AM 

Player

*the report reaches Frey in the Temple of Velsharoon, where the lich replies only with a pause, and one of its dreadful laughs.*

P Three

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 23 2009, 4:52 AM 

DM

A small wolf can be seen with a large dire tiger, searching the wood. What they're looking for, only they know, but when the wolf catches the scent of its quarry, a sharp bark sounds.

Now and then, the animals disappear, two elves vaulting through the underbrush, hot on the trail of...something. Both tattered, smoke-blackened, and tired, but moving regardless.

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

Youthanized

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 23 2009, 7:02 AM 

Player

A burned and battered nymphling quietly made her way out of the forest, limping. Too shocked to cry, or even to speak, Arilia Ru'isar just found a hole to collapse and pass out in for the time being.

Rue Aridonaire: Wind-Touched Hin

In-Game Login: KestalEluith

MadrikVale

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 23 2009, 7:11 AM 

Player

*A scribed journal entry in Madrik's very worn leather book*

I saw the smoke rising into the sky long before I came into dock from the north. Expecting more Banite or drow trouble, I prepared magically before entering the forest.

I thought I was too late. Everything was burning. Smoke choked the air like a morning fog. The powerful odor of what seemed to be rotten eggs overpowered the senses.

I saw an undead lich drag bodies toward Bendir Dale in the near distance. I almost killed it until it told me to begin helping with the evacuation of people, whom were laying motionless all around. It was then I realized this undead figure was shifted and attempting to save the lives of the many fallen around me.

I saw the bodies of many. I was devastated. I reached down to grab a man, the first and closest one I see among the other corpses surrounding.. but that is all I remember.

I woke near the village of Bendir Dale. The stench was no better here. To further my frustrations, I was accompanying other corpses and living "rescuers" did not even tend to them! I was furious. I raised the five remaining others. Some I knew.. Aserios, for one.

The smoke began to dissipate at this time. Upon entering the forest, I spotted Yaston, Ulrik and Vaelmith. It was expected to see them here and to my relief, they seem unhindered by the fire's toxic fumes.

I had no time to greet. They immediately chased down two Red Wizards. I assisted in carrying the female to the Kholingen Keep while Yaston dragged the male. There, I was appointed to look after the male wizard, named Simon. However, I made the mistake in assuming the Keep stripped magic use and left him non-stripped and unattended. This was very irresponsible as the man was able to attack again. However, his vengeance was undermined quickly.

It was later I realized that I may be the one investigating the fire. I always mediate in that forest. Others try, and bless them, but they lack organization. This is why a small amount of active investigators are needed.

I asked Eldainia who was looking into the fires. After hearing it was the general druid population, I dreaded. After a mental sigh, I began my questions.

It was stated that two men were throwing an oil-like substance that smelled of rotten eggs. It was recommended the substance being thrown, leaves, bark and stone to be gathered and analyzed. I later volunteered to do this, but who would I consult? Eldainia suggests a the gnomes in Frozenfarr. Either way, I must speak to Tomaus, whom is said to witness the account.

What's more interesting to me, however, is the description given. They were both males. One human, one elf. The human wore a gray cloak with a red and black helm. The elf wore a white helm with "blue endings." I suspect this means a blue trim.

Eldainia made note of what the woman known as Elle said. The elven man wore a "slave helm" that was impossible to remove; perhaps via under-strap.

Just when I could not get anymore angry, a woman I never learned the name of started to attack the druids around the grove. I heard roaring during my gathering of the materials. Eldainia was struck down. An elven woman I'm acquainted with named Jylan and I took her down.

In the midst of the destruction, where smoke still seeps from the soil is some areas, MORE folk cause further harm in an already dead wood.

I'm not sure how much more of this my patience will be able to endure...

Last edited by MadrikVale on Tue, Nov 24 2009, 2:45 AM, edited 2 times in total.

Gunz

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 23 2009, 9:06 AM 

Player

Soon after most of the smoke clears, a Hin and two wolves are seen sniffing around for leads.

phalanxyrian

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 23 2009, 13:45 PM 

Player

Senlui might be seen cussing in elven speaking curses on a great many of people while inspecting the damage done.

Lord-Hadeis

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 23 2009, 18:05 PM 

Player

Nialghast seeing the damage shakes his head, though he has a thin lipped grin on his face. 'And so the way for vengance is paved.' He speaks in Elven tongue as he scoops up a hand full of ashes and blows them into the wind. 'Fine new trees may grow from this. It takes more then flame to defeat nature!' Then he laughs aloud and kicks up a great cloud of ash, swings his bow from his back and returns to his hunt.

SacredOak

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 23 2009, 22:50 PM 

Player

Luelas walks through the remains in a slow and encumbered manner. He views the damage in disbelief, his anger growing with every step. How could someone destroy something so beautiful?

Many will be looking for answers, he now counts himself amongst those.

Nature does not proceed in leaps and bounds.

Empty Observer

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 24 2009, 2:36 AM 

Player

*Just after the fire's had been put out and the people evacuated, Isen'en found herself walking through the aftermath on her way to Winya. Unaware that anything had happened until now, she could find no one to ask about the situation and so she continued north into the area that a great deal of spiders call home.

She could be seen later, making a report to the Road Warden's about a man who attacked her, claiming to have set fire to the wood in the name of Bane.*

"He said I should deliver this message, that more deaths will come and that this is only the beginning. I don't think he was alone, and I remember clearly that he carried two Kama's as weapons. He shoved me to the ground and I think he slit my throat.. all I remember is a laugh as I began to come awake on the road, there."

//any questions, etc, please PM me.

MadrikVale

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 24 2009, 3:03 AM 

Player

*he makes another journal entry*

The ashes are dug through and collected, along with various material in several locations of the forest. This is tedious work and would like some help, but I believe openly requesting aide will only hinder my attempts.

Those suspected of the crimes are undoubtedly deceitful and must not be let known my progress.

Progress is difficult to come by, however. Some witnesses cannot be found and many others either know nothing or the same thing as the last.

Some good news, though. I have the help of friends. I saw Kell Ap' Morgan in Cordor today after visiting the library. We discussed my current findings and enlightened me to other routes.

There are not many others I could trust. I'm happy to receive his help. I remember recently telling a woman, persistent of my attention, that I have allies; not friends. Kell, however, I would consider a close friend.

My task list is ever growing. I need to research more on the supposed "slave helm" and discover the physical cause of the blaze. What was that substance, anyway? All I have found is some residue of Alchemist fire. Everything else needs to be analyzed.

Either way, as soon as I learn what I need to, this puzzle will be surely pieced together and reveal to me the portrait of the perpetrator.

Alge

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 24 2009, 16:30 PM 

Player

*Sali is seen wearing her full Grove Armor in the ashes that the Forest once was, discussing rebuilding plans and future idea's with the survivors of the Grove. Also she is seen talking to near to random people in the area asking for their names and if they are willnig to contribute to an already growing list of names of Druids and helpers*

Dark

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 24 2009, 17:29 PM 

Player

Lila wandered into the wreck of what was once the great forest, staring around in disbelief, having missed the whole happenings when they.. happened.
After speaking to Sali on it, she could be seen helping almost continously day and night, wandering around with a cloth tied over her mouth and nose, or a helm on, or in wyrmling form, working with another to water the ash.
After the initial shock, she went about her work with a grim, set expression, barely leaving to go home, often working with N'Nerin at her side, attempting to clear the gases and clean up the forest.
Though not openly rude to any non-helpers she encounters, she seems overly wary, and often can be heard muttering about Malarites and toads under her breath as she works.

ImAfterYou

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 24 2009, 20:57 PM 

Player

Elle goes back and forth between helping with the cleaning process and going around talking to people. She walks with a calmness, comforting those still very angered by this. Doing her best to remind them that nature still lives on and the forest will regrow.
When she's working with others to help she is always seen with her staff to help her walk these days. She is often found by Lila and N'nerin or Sali.

Kamina

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 24 2009, 22:09 PM 

Player

When Jaco enters the forest, he says only one thing.

Someone beat me to the punch.

unknown, never completely trusted but always inducing wonder
when met"

Scimiter

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 24 2009, 23:53 PM 

Player

Celub and Calia Elubmiire are seen helping clear and groom the forest here and there for replanting. She works silent and grim as he chatters now and then about dinner, their coming child or some other topic.

Daniel Makie
Celub Elubmiire
Tristan
Len'ionel

DolphinRacer

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 26 2009, 3:11 AM 

Player

Occasionally, a huge broad-shouldered Ogrillion in leather and with a helm sprouting antlers can be seen lumbering through the charred woods, tending here and there to still healthy plants, occasionally stooping to scratch or scrape a little in the ashes, though it is hard to tell exactly what he is doing when he does. The huge beastly fellow is followed everywhere by a dire wolf that even by the standards of its kind is rather beefy and large. If confronted by anyone and told to leave by anyone with seeming authority, the Ogrillion leaves in peace...only to turn up a little while later doing the same thing.

Kira "Penny" Sigers
Better than Boulderdash!

Sven

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 26 2009, 4:03 AM 

Player

Travelers attempting to venture through the Forest of Despair are asked by what appears to be an elf and human to turn back under threats of being drug out dead or alive.

//edit: sorry. didnt list whom was it by.

Last edited by Sven on Thu, Nov 26 2009, 8:06 AM, edited 4 times in total.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 26 2009, 6:51 AM 

Player

Sven wrote:
Travelers attempting to venture through the Forest of Despair are asked to turn back under threats of being drug out dead or alive.

//By whom or what?

Torzeng

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 26 2009, 20:47 PM 

Player

Weston hikes through the main areas of the damage wearing the temple colors, the heavy redset of his robes helping stand out along with his once-clean white cape. Looks like he'd need to wash it extra well after some of the remaining soots and embers are carried in the air.

He puts up just a handful of posters, each hung on cord on any good tree limbs still upright.

From Salandra's Temple wrote:
Friends of the Grove

In seeing the extensive burning to Amia's Forest
It is hereby exteneded the offer of what aid can be provided
From Salandra's Temple to our friends of the forest

It is known that many herbal plants have been lost
As such, the Temple can offer to help gather healthy seeds
To help with the re-growth of medicinal herbs.

Tenet and Faith,
Salandra's Temple
Weston Carter

chaos and discord

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 27 2009, 16:20 PM 

Player

*A elf in purple armour walks among the chared area, not even a mutter is let out but his mind is clearly focused on his surrondings... he turns and walks off with an unkown destination*

Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 27 2009, 22:10 PM 

Player

A blonde haired human may be seen sometimes with a spade, turning over ashpiles and burying them into the ground especially closer to Bendir Dale. She seems optimistic about her work as she continues for a few hours, then leaves for a break.

MadrikVale

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 27 2009, 23:21 PM 

Player

*another journal entry related to this subject is entered*

As days progress, as does my work. I would have liked to document more detailed information and more frequently but as the situation intensifies, I find myself more reluctant to jot down any notes. Not from fear of discovery but rather being uncertain if I can even read it again.

From this entry on, all notes I must recite in my head over and over until it is committed to memory. I just want to get this over with. What I will have to do in the end is too painful to predict now. Notes or no notes, he eventually will be brought to justice. The fact that he is such a dear friend..

Well. *he pauses here for several minutes, thinking of his emotions and how to possibly put them into words.* That fact doesn't matter anymore.

Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 29 2009, 8:38 AM 

Player

In the forest, the human druid continues her work in a two days on, one day off interval. She seems to be targeting the smaller piles of ash for now, and though a number of them have been turned over into the ground, many more still remain.

Gunz

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 30 2009, 6:51 AM 

Player

A trio of wolves sniff at the turned over ash, attempting to sniff out this human Druid who is turning the ash over.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 30 2009, 20:30 PM 

Player

* a simple note on natural-made paper is tagged in the forest*

Do not remove the ashes, rather spread them and even them out. They are good and potential fertilizer and will help the forest regrow naturally.

Malandria

colanah

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 04 2009, 19:18 PM 

Player

*takes heed of the notices but often shakes her head and sends prayers that the efforts of those who so wished to help might also include a moment to consider the help they are giving. She at times answers the queries of those who come as well as cautioning them to not possibly bury deeper any remains of the sulfur used to say nothing of the lands around where the witch's hut had been since likely the ground there had been rendered incredibly toxic because of the exploding potions.

Now and then she can be seen rubbing at a spot under her helm with a sound of frustration as the cheery intentions of many who came seemed in need of tempering by a measure until they were made more fully aware of just what kind of fire it had been and the need for caution in the aftermath of it.

That...and that it was a forest, not a garden.

In the meantime, any news and word about those who had started the fires or supplied the men with the means was accepted, organized and sent to the others who were actively investigating the beings responsible. Investigating and tracking them down one by one until the moment came to strike.*

GM "A Sun elf dry-humping the temple statue of Lloth during worship."
P1 "...so new character you say?"

Nakomis Wolfen

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 04 2009, 20:00 PM 

Player

A blue haired elf with twin rapiers and what seems a permanent glare at any who come too close can be seen around the forest accompanied by a badger who digs through the ash and burnt ground carefully. The badger seems to focus mostly on areas that one would expect to find seeds in, though it takes care to dig in such a way as to not harm any seeds or roots if they are to be found making the going slow.

Sometimes a hawk can be seen riding on the grumbling elf’s shoulder trying to preen his hair every now and then until the badger chuffs at the bird before going back to its odd digging. When not bothering its elf perch the hawk can be seen keeping a keen eye on the surroundings as well.

The badger always pushes the dirt that it dug up back in place and swipes the ash with a paw to even it out before moving on. This goes on until the tired, dirt and ash covered badger grunts up at the elf who scoops it up and carries it off.

Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 04 2009, 22:46 PM 

Player

The usual blonde hair girl continues her work on odd hours of the day when it's not raining. Though she starts with the smaller ash piles, she makes a point of spreading around ash of the larger piles and turning some of it into the ground for fertilization purposes.

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 05 2009, 19:38 PM 

Player

::During nighttime, Beek'in the kobold gets to work. Its the only time when he wants to be out in the open thus the strong light usually sting his eyes.

He have a peculiar way of doing his part for the burned down forest. Shifting into a dragon, he then rips up trees from the west part to plant on the burned side. He's not sure if it's a succesfull way of helping, but at least the effects are visible in his opinion. ::

Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 06 2009, 4:16 AM 

Player

The blonde human, Elliot, is seen changing her schedule again, working for more days in a row, quite cheerily. She spends more time on her hands and knees now, sifting through the ash piles before spreading them and turning them over.

QPR

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 06 2009, 11:18 AM 

Player

In stark contrast to the many serious looking and moddy people in the forests theese days, a brown skinned human in typical Ranger attire can be seen strolling around Amia Forest and humming on contemporary popular bard compositions from Athkatla. Now and then he stops by a pile of ashes and pours a bluish liquid at it, before continouing in his normal, carefree manner, repeating the process at other piles of ash.

Valygar 'Stonesnake' Stark -Human Ranger
Garret Smith - Archer and peddler of deity-statuettes
Dáin Saltbeard - Dwarven sailor and fencer. No, I'm not joking.

Mahtan

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 09 2009, 0:51 AM 

Player

After several weeks of labor from the few that had been turning and spreading the ash across the forest floor, a handful of ferns and small plants had begun to grow.

Many other random people that formerly stood around have begun to join the work now that progress has been made.

MadrikVale

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 10 2009, 4:32 AM 

Player

*Madrik storms into his house and slams the door. Partly out of anger and partly to quickly escape the rain the constantly shrouds Actand. Besides, for him, there are far more important things on his mind than the integrity of his front door.

He quickly ignites the torches and candles that illuminate his room, dries his clothes and rests his helm on the desktop. He writes almost urgently, which shows in his hand-writting, yet slow enough to choose his words carefully, in the event his documents are read by another.*

We had everything lined up. Everything being executed. Despite Earlyduil's foolish announcement, we will continue as planned.

Speaking of the announcement, I was approached by one of the prime suspects. He enlightened some very interesting questions but again, I could be mislead. I will remain open to all possibilities and rely on the solid evidence that is being provided, to both incriminate and make clear of names previously mentioned.

I did not see this coming. I don't think anyone other than those involved did. Some had their suspicions, however. I should speak with these people.

There are more people I need to question. Tomorrow, I'll head to Winya Ravana. Then, to speak with the Cordorian Guard.

Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 26 2009, 20:14 PM 

Player

Though she seems to have been absent for a short while, Elliot returns sure as ever and gets back to business. The next few days for her are spent inspecting the growth and health of the young plants in the forest.

She keeps the contact very minimal and maintains a healthy distance from the plant she would be currently inspecting. If one were to watch, she begins her inspection by visually checking the stems, leaves and young twigs or branches for signs of disease, stunted growth or other irregularities. She does this from multiple angles, especially when she is dealing with the ferns. Before leaving, she separates the soft earth a couple feet away from the plant, placing index and middle finger in and rubbing the soil grains once retrieving her fingers. When she does find a seemingly unhealthy plant, she doesn't touch it, but rather tries to find the reason for it before she places a hand on the soil near it and apparently says a prayer before moving on.

Around sundown, Elliot shifts her attention to the fallen tree limbs and stumps, decaying for not and checks them from signs of insects-- holes and trails mostly.

Once night falls, a panther may be seen skulking about quietly and observing whatever nocturnal creatures come, their origins, and their habits.

Mahtan

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 26 2009, 20:29 PM 

Player

*People of the forest would notice the new plants are mainly only growing and healthy in the areas the ashes were spread around and buried compared to other sections of the forest.*

Mahtan

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 28 2009, 2:03 AM 

Player

Small young trees, no thicker than a twig for some of them are seen up-rooted, smashed and dead or barely living. The young grass patches are littered with many large dragon tracks and humaniod tracks alike. More larger imprints of draconic bodies and rears are in several parts of the burned section of the forest.

The plant life shows to have taken severe damage in these well walked over sections and the growth is either absent or slower than the rest of the burned forest floor.

Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 28 2009, 3:35 AM 

Player

Perhaps from Bendir Dale, it seemed like what could be expected of an early morning. Celiede padded along beside Elliot with his head low, flicking his ears in an indication of low spirits. They say animals can pick up on bad news quicker than humankind can.

Elliot was oblivious, eating an apple from the Bendir Dale orchard and humming on the way to the forest. It only took a couple seconds for her to notice the destruction, and a couple minutes to learn the extent of it. However, despite being sensitive, she only sniffles sadly for a bit before getting to work with Celiede and her prayers to aid her. The few plants she believes she can revive receive the most of her attention and care.

CatInBox

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 28 2009, 7:31 AM 

Player

A very young elven girl with black hair, and a black cat colar around her neck, goes about helping as many plants as she can. A loving and caring smile can be seen on her face, much like that of a mothers that is with her child.

When she's not helping spread ash, or giving prayers to Mielikki for balance and restoration, She can be seen relaxing around the trees of the crystal. Watching as people go by, and seems to take note of all the major paths that people take.

After several days of watching, she beings to place small rocks along the most used pathways.

akai tsuki
koyoi wa dare ga umarekawaru
koyoi wa dare ga umarekawaru

Gunz

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 28 2009, 8:32 AM 

Player

A Hin druid with two wolves in tow is seen looking around at the devastation with a very angry expression on her face. She replants the uprooted baby trees and bushes she finds. After replanting and caring for what she finds, she pulls out a quill and writes something down on a large sheet of thick deer hide. She pulls out a chair, to better tack up the message under one of the scarce surviving trees near the crystal. It reads:

Do not take a Dragons Shape in the forest!

She then sends a note to Eowmir and Eldainia of the Hidden Glades which reads:

Ms. Eldainia/Brother Eowmir,

Please inform the people of your circle to discontinue taking the shape of a Dragon unnecessarily. They're killing off what life is starting to take root. We have worked to prevent the use of such shapes for many years, unless under attack, because of the damage it can cause to the forest. I've seen many of your people take this form for no reason and, seemingly, simply to lay around. The forest was finally seeing growth and it's very people have been stomping the life out of it. This needs to stop.

As well, we need to work together to prevent travelers from taking this shape in the forest. Taking this form when it is unneeded will from this point on be considered a hostile act against the forest from my person if anyone refuses to drop the shape. I suggest you all do too. If we don't, the forest will not grow as it should.

Willow Maynare
Druid of the Greenleaf Priesthood

Dark

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 28 2009, 10:47 AM 

Player

o0GuNz_N_RoSeZ0o wrote:
A Hin druid with two wolves in tow is seen looking around at the devastation with a very angry expression on her face. She replants the uprooted baby trees and bushes she finds. After replanting and caring for what she finds, she pulls out a quill and writes something down on a large sheet of thick deer hide. She pulls out a chair, to better tack up the message under one of the scarce surviving trees near the crystal. It reads:

Do not take a Dragons Shape in the forest!

Lila stares at the sign a long moment, before sighing slightly and nodding firmly. Whenever the topic was mentioned of the new damage she would seem to literally bite her tongue if in hearing range, and did her best to tend every damaged plant she could find, back stiff as she works.

Sin4given

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 28 2009, 14:06 PM 

Player

*a green clad Elf takes notice to see this sign, with a relieved sigh and affirmative nod he bounds off, in the distance if anyone was to see his form would shift into that of a massive wolf, one bigger then any seen*

Looking to make a new siggy! PM me if you want the challenge.

Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 29 2009, 19:00 PM 

Player

Elliot might be seen hanging around the remains of Oakmist Vale and the festival grounds in the coming days. She leaves her name with a few of the protectors still around there, as she apparently wants to lend her help to the Grove.

Nysor

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 31 2009, 22:08 PM 

Player

The forest seems still as many of the warders and weavers that tended to it dissapear, their help no longer welcome.

Isaac Kley: Young gimp of a sorcerer.

Mahtan

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 31 2009, 22:21 PM 

Player

//You do not Emote the forest thanks.

The forest Grove's rangers are seen around the burned zones of the forest, building a new trade road to run from Bendir Dale through the Valley. Along the roads are stones, some logs and some small plants to keep folks on the road and off the new growth of the land.

Others are seen removing dead standing trees, close to the road that could pose a threat of falling on the road or people.

Those banned from the forest and refuse to leave, are dealt with and hung upside down by the trees for the time deemed necessary by the rangers of the Grove. As catch and release has had little effects as time tells.

colanah

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 01 2010, 2:05 AM 

Player

*now and then she looks at the building and only shakes her head as she murmurs aloud*

~Did not the weavers of Kossuth say they would return should the forest become too touched with civilization? It is wondered what they would consider this if not a great mark of 'progress' in the forest? They seek to place roads in it with planted trees lining the paths like a city's garden street in the summer. Delightful. Even if some small harm had come from others in the forms of scaled ones, what grew would be forest, not a road for men.~

*vanishes into the trees with a small snort from a very small nose*

GM "A Sun elf dry-humping the temple statue of Lloth during worship."
P1 "...so new character you say?"

OwenBelmont

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 23 2010, 6:05 AM 

Player

His feet stopped suddenly, his gaze couldnt believe it. The fire had long since come and gone, but he had been away for some time. He sprang forward, running for the grove and as he passed each ashen stump his body grew closer to the ground, shifting form to a massive tiger. He reached the grove shortly, and after searching diligintly found himself in the centerof oakmist vale.

He thought to himself as his mind churned with ideas.
"Someone beat me to it, finally the forest can regrow anew with out the cancerous infection that is the pacifistic grove, they obviously couldnt take care of it the first time and the gods deemed fit to take it away".

The hunter known as Crystalitharion made his way back into the forest, enjoying the feeling of ash on his feet.

Owen Belmont-Long vanished Archmage and savior of the clockwork plane of Mechanicus.
Octavia Celestyr-Soldier of Doom

soundofastream

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 23 2010, 13:53 PM 

Player

Siliolia, is seen planting seeds throughout what's left of Amia forest, blessing the land with a carpet flowers as she goes...

Dead

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 23 2010, 14:56 PM 

Player

Human in green chainmail and green hooded cloak could be seen in the festival grounds leaving a note. Than he shifted to black raven and fled away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Join the Magisterium Mortis ╬

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next