View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
Gers

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 03 2010, 4:53 AM 

Player

In the wake of a small, but powerful, drow assault force attacking the northern part of Cordor's outskirts, word begins to travel though the city of the deaths of several Cordorian guards, including some Law Knights and members of the Mageguard. No official response has been issued from the city as of yet, but rumors abound as to what might happen. It's said the drow, after fighting off a force of guards, attempted to enter the Temple of Love, but were cut down by a force of adventurers who'd gone inside to set a trap. Or to hide. Rumors differ on that as well. What is known for sure is that Cordor's guards are not happy at all with the damage done to their ranks.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 03 2010, 6:35 AM 

Player

Following the attack, a new sign appears outside the Temple of Love, and reads as follows:

Quote:
Life brings pleasure and brings pain
First one, the next, then back again
And there are those who in their mesh
Would snare a soul to torture flesh
But pity them their twisted needs
While each of us bows head and reads
The book of Joy and Pleasure's psalter
Our faith is true and will not falter
Whatever comes, below, above
We live in the embrace of Love.

The reasons for the invasion continue to be debated in the street, though the stories are unanimous that it was repelled. While several lives were lost among the defenders, all of the attackers were slain and their bodies burned in a pyre on the Frontier. It is also said that one drow (or two, or half a dozen) survived initially and were subsequently executed (by dedicated guardsmen, or perhaps valiant citizens) in spite of protests by some (probably adventurers, the tale-tellers suggest with lowered voices).

The thick wooden doors of the Temple itself bear gouges of sword and axe, while the marble walls of the entry hall are chipped and a few sooty discolorations may be observed here and there within.

"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt
AmiaWiki mod (mostly inactive)

ainjyll

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 03 2010, 7:53 AM 

Player

Kor'drimm catches word of these happenings and sneers viciously as she turns and stalks out of Cordor and towards the forests surrounding it. As she moves, she can be heard to mutter all sorts of vile curses towards the drow. Judging from her body language, she seems to be a woman intent on avenging this attack.

"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell and I stood there all by myself." -Hank III

-Rain-

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 03 2010, 8:58 AM 

Player

*Transcendentalist Rain walks into the temple the day after the fight. He
helps rebuilding and recovering the walls and the temple, casting magics of
protection and purification and praying to Sehanine Moonbow and Eilistraee.

Praying to Eilistraee seems obviously new to him, regardless of the deep
connection between the goddesses. He takes a look at his scar, the mark
of the Drow slayer, as doubts come to his mind. "Not all of them are evil...
not all of them are lost..." He says, not believing his words...

"This temple's essence is what welcomed me and attached me to this plane.
It is harmless - why would anyone wish to defile it?"

Drakos_Vek

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 03 2010, 10:39 AM 

Player

Drakos watched from a distance, the recovering phase of the drow's attack on the temple. In his hand, he twirled a small chain around and around, upon which his newly acquired signet ring was attached. He wondered at the goal of Llothite drow, as it appeared, the attack was pitiful, not even having the decency to succeed in destroying its target. The drow theorized that perhaps the temple had not been the drow’s overall target, but rather, they wanted to cause trouble. From what he understood, the people of Cordor were a rather chaotic lot, moving as more of a mob more than anything else.

Was this an attempt to have the people turn on the drow, to give them a event to refer to when they wanted a drow out of Cordor for a good reason. The chance of this was there, it was the only real goal that Drakos’ could see of this. Or did the pitiful attack reflect what was happening in Ultrinnan? The city was dying, devouring itself as a result of its committed dedication to the Spider Bitch, Lloth. Was this attack one of its few, final and desperate strikes out in order to save itself? The drow sighed, regardless, he would have to investigate the matter, turning on his heals, the drow headed towards the Nomad, the chain still spinning in his hands.

Derryn de'Drenise - Watcher of Helm - Scolder of witches and wizards

P Three

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 03 2010, 19:13 PM 

DM

Hearing about the attack, Elrien rushes to lend aid to the guard from the Salandrans, angered by the attack, worried for her kin, and more worried for the guards that fell.

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

Murex

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 04 2010, 3:30 AM 

Player

Tuzek hears about the attack upon entering the Temple of Love, he is shocked at first, he then lets out a sigh of relief as he hears the news that the attack had been thwarted. Tuzek then begins to show signs of frusteration, later exclaming in the middle of the bathouse; "Why am I always here at the wrong time!?". Tuzek then walks into this office in the back of the Temple, and sits with a clank and puts his hands over his face, without reguard for changing out of his golden armor.

ineedanewname

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 04 2010, 4:27 AM 

Player

Josalynn returns from one of her many journeys around the island hearing to her horror about the attack form first Xavi, then Aryn. She hugs them both and offers her regrets for not being there. She crosses her arms and mocks a pouty offended look as not one, but both of them tell her they were glad she was not there ..... so as not to suffer harm.

Once she talks to them she goes to the temple, first at the foot of Lliira's idol to pray her thanks that the attack was turned away, then to help the others in its repair and clean up.

bluntpencil2001

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 04 2010, 13:50 PM 

Player

One of the rumours circulating suggests that the motive may have been that the Drow may have wished to desecrate the Shrine of Elistraee found in the Temple of Love.

Another suggests that a Drow even participated in the defence.

Regarding the executed prisoner, some people can be heard saying that the adventurer types captured her, but a guard late at the scene executed her.

This in itself offends very few people, although some speak of a trial first being more civilised, and others wonder why she wasn't held for questioning, which would only make sense. 'They could have beaten information out of her' is a reasonably common sentiment.

MadrikVale

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 04 2010, 17:05 PM 

Player

*Madrik and Nysor were present during the aftermath of the attack, when drow corpses were being gathered outside the Temple of Love. Madrik disregarded the attack as just another mindless and futile attempt by the drow.

Instead of wasting his time with a couple of ashamed elves desperate for attention, he returns to the city of Cordor with Nysor to return to his business.*

VwV

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2010, 2:49 AM 

Player

* A lone mage can be seen looking at the damage to the area at night and smirking under her helm* These Cordorian fools probably think they actually won a victory. They killed a group that destroyed a contingent of guards and then continued only to see how far they could go. Typical surface fools, they likely think it was a random strike with no purpose. Oh how fun it is to poke a stupid pig before you gut it. *chuckles*

soundofastream

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2010, 3:17 AM 

Player

Upon hearing of the attack Talana, moves into Cordor city and goes on a burglary rampage like none other, robbing as many households as she possibly can, taking full advantage of the lack of law and order, caused by the attack...

Galenson

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2010, 3:17 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

//Ignore. Double post.

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Last edited by Galenson on Tue, Jan 05 2010, 3:19 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Galenson

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2010, 3:18 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

The greenskin was impressed at hearing upon the death of the Law Knights, however once the Temple of Love was mentioned all he could do was throw a goblin down the chute in anger.

"Gits!"

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Greyfreth

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 12 2010, 6:55 AM 

Player

In the darkness below, cold red eyes reopen. In them the look of something valuable learned or realized. Behind those eyes considerable wisdom reviews the skirmish, the displayed abilities and stratagem. Those eyes gaze down to a clenched hand and what’s in it as the fingers part. On the canvas of black where once only two red eyes belonged, white began to show, the white of an evil, but quite pleased smile.

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 12 2010, 9:06 AM 

Player

Location: On a Disk, carried by four elephants, which stand on a gigantic turtle.

*Calin fold his arm and snorts*

"Maybe this will show Cordor that it's not the centre of the world. That it can be harmed, and that it shouldn't shun the aid offered to it. Maybe a war with the underdark is exactly what Cordor needs to remind it of why it accepted adventuers to begin with. Hmph, perhaps a few hundred dead Cordorians at the feet of Drow will quickly bring Cordor back down to earth, instead of in the clouds like it's some kinda of god. Let us see how their council deals with this now that they drove off their best defence."

"Do ye know where the Holy-Flamin' Frost-brand Gronk-slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' woundin' an' returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-out-yer-bum is?"

Fierene Havenstar

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 12 2010, 18:15 PM 

Player

The trophy, a trophy no longer as the head it seems is back where it belongs.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]