View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
Peeves

PostPosted: Tue, May 18 2010, 22:17 PM 

Player

A great beast erupted out of West Cordor several days ago, killing many citizens, and causing much property damage. Tytalus, the minister of magic, heroically was able to banish it from the city by throwing a portal wand into its mouth.

Tytalus also issued a statement soon after.

I, Tytalus, Minister of Magic, am offering a reward to anyone who brings the mage responsible for this mess to me, dead or alive. A week ago, I had in my possession several pieces of a talisman that, I believe, controls this beast. However, my office was infiltrated, and the pieces stolen. From what evidence was found, the perpetrator is probably a human male. He is in control of the beast, and must be stopped at all cost.

Nivo

PostPosted: Tue, May 18 2010, 22:57 PM 

Player

*In the aftermath of the attack, early in the following day, a letter is put to parchment, parchment is placed in envelope, which is then sealed with wax, the symbol of Mystra adorning. This letter would find itself delivered to the Commonwealth center, addressed to the Cordorian Council. . .*

Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Wed, May 19 2010, 4:42 AM 

Player

*After the tragedy, Lieutenant Nevaeh Tarvencia is appears competently in her division's guard uniform, bearing her green stripes. After taking time to arrange her thoughts, she addresses the public, with a specific call to the adventurers in Cordor.*

"Cordor and her people have unfortunately been the victims of another act of tragic destruction. I know that you can see this for yourselves, and I know some of you witnessed it yourself and did what you could to try to help then. I am grateful.

Several citizens lost their lives in the attack and were forced to leave their families behind. Many more were injured severely. The people here have lost their homes, their livelihoods, and their loved ones... and are now only left with rubble and grief.

Adventurers, your actions so far have made me more hopeful. Some of you have been looking for a way to help the city-- to improve it, and to provide aid. This is an opportunity, I believe, for you to make a difference. Under my supervision and watch, a relief effort will be established to respond to the tragedy, and to tell the affected persons that we, too, care.

As more information and gathered, and arrangements are made, I encourage all of you who are interested to please contact me. Through able, careful hands and working together, I believe that we can hasten recovery, and heal. Thank you."

Grymia

PostPosted: Wed, May 19 2010, 4:45 AM 

Player

"Miss Nev, you have all my availible resources to assist you in the challenging efforts of seeing Western Cordor rebuilt." Tuomas Valo can be seen as saying. "All you need do is let me know what I can do specifically."

Gers

PostPosted: Wed, May 19 2010, 4:47 AM 

Player

*a simple note is sent to Neveah, at the watchhouse*

Nev,

If there is anything the Shrine can do to aid those in need, you have to but ask. Whatever we can send, we shall.

Sincerely,
Jud'Vardas Kenlyl
Seneschal of the Maiden's Shrine

DolphinRacer

PostPosted: Wed, May 19 2010, 4:57 AM 

Player

Taelar Ardelyn can be seen roaming the ruined buildings, assessing the damage and the supplies that might be needed to fix them, as well as offering gruff but well meaning comfort to those who lost homes or loved ones or both.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Wed, May 19 2010, 14:10 PM 

Player

Nevaeh, dear,

I am at your disposal.

~ Xaviera

// and I cant figure out how to turn my BBCode options on... :o

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Wed, May 19 2010, 17:44 PM 

Player

Parchment is put to wall by the matronly form of Temple Mother Teresa throughout the Salandran Temple, informing the Temple of what has occured and directed members of the temple as needed to Cordor to help out, whenever and wherever possible.

Greyfreth

PostPosted: Wed, May 19 2010, 23:13 PM 

Player

In the darkness there is a grin followed by a deep chuckle, moments later scouts are dispatched...

sYuzan

PostPosted: Fri, May 21 2010, 1:13 AM 

Player

In the darkness of the nights, a dark-robed figure is or is not seen around west Cordor, simply planting posters that seem to be of non-recognizable hand-writing.

"Written by a hero, his own claims bring him to the top. This monster and minister Tytalus are two monsters born under the same roof, ask him what the strike is about."

The notes are left unsigned, should one see the ones spreading them, description follows; Brown-robed, hooded people who disappear to the wilds outside Cordor.

Paxus

PostPosted: Fri, May 21 2010, 21:47 PM 

Player

In Broken-Tooth cave, Grok was sitting by the fire on his old wooden rotten stool that has seen better times. When a goblin brought him a message about the attack, he laughed loudly at the incompetence of the hummie guards that allowed for such thing to happen. Even for a second his limited mind didn't realize how many innocent casualties the beast has caused before it was banished. But even if he did, would it change anything? There were more pressing matters that he was focused on at this moment. He took a glimpse at the cauldron, lying beside him. It was empty. As was his stomach. Or stomachs? Did someone ever wondered how many stomachs ogres have? "Granpah' Ugluk surely must hav' had two at least.", he thought. He never missed a dinner from a pinkskin that he managed to snatch during their raids on the caravans back in the Cloud Peaks.

dimension_w

PostPosted: Sat, May 22 2010, 13:05 PM 

Player

Puregold Gudmansdottir treads through the undergrowth, grumbling to herself in Amia Forest, she passes the Crystal Node in the centre of the forest and curses to herself in her native dwarven. Her wings, given to her thanks to her inherited red dragon blood, were tired, and now she was resorting to walking everywhere.

Sometimes heroism is costly. She keeps pondering in her head whether her deed was worth the trouble; throwing her portal rod into the giant maw of the beast, allowing that Tytalus lad to cast his magic and portal the beast safely from the city.

She kept trying to convince herself it was the right thing to do, sitting down on a flat boulder near the crystal she was sure she had saved the city from worse destruction and death. But now she had no Portal Rod and still had no idea where to find a replacement. She stood back up, took a deep breath after her short rest and spread her wings to take flight once more.

- Thimblepot (Amia's Resident Brownie)
- Greta Sólveig (Barbarian raised by Dwarves)

Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Mon, May 24 2010, 15:42 PM 

Player

It is announced that the first of the relief events will be held in the next couple days, and that any who have decided to provide aid or volunteer should either show up or write to the Lieutenant. The exact time is given, and notices are sent to everyone who already wrote Nevaeh.

((Pressed for time suddenly! I'm thinking tomorrow at 5pm PST. Don't clutter this topic with "wuh? I can't make it!" Just PM me or catch me on MSN.))

Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Tue, May 25 2010, 17:43 PM 

Player

((Meep. Scheduling issues. This will be some time next week. Will announce.))

Delarwyn

PostPosted: Wed, May 26 2010, 17:09 PM 

Player

After witnessing all the destruction Shalwyn sighs and is seeing heading to the Monolith to speak with Ulrik.

Del's Characters Entry - Amiawiki.

Sunkin Sheep

PostPosted: Sun, May 30 2010, 19:16 PM 

Player

Mynna ran along side its towering limbs, the trees would save her this time. The creature was like nothing ever seen, though well describe by centuries. Maybe Terrasquesque, to be short, but really it was a leathery mountain; a titan among earth and sea. The veil of shadows about its features gave her only dark suspicions, so she had followed it.
Behind it, a wake of fallen adventurers. The beast leapt into a black canyon, guarding itself with safe fall, none could follow. That was no content for her right now. She told the shapeshifter next to her, "Anything left unchecked that dynamic is more burden on latter days." Valithorn agreed, and transformed into an ancient green, she climbed his scales and they followed the creature into its own carved trail: A makeshift hole, sized up just great enough for the beast to push its way through. But there was nothing. Vanished. She concluded with Valithorn that the beast was summoned, and of what pieces she was offered, as to what current events had been taken place, she had a sneaking suspicion just who would be powerful to conjure such an archaic evil.
"To turn the adventurers against it, to harald the name of your enemy, and set them to war, so you can steal their secret treasure. Yes, Tytalus?"

She headed for Tarkuul.

Laika-Unknown

Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Mon, May 31 2010, 18:01 PM 

Player

It is made known that the relief effort will begin this coming week. The date and time are circulated from a couple sources-- written and verbal.

((Okay! Looking at June 2nd, Wednesday, at 2pm PST time.))

Grymia

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 02 2010, 23:49 PM 

Player

As Tuomas sat in the baths of the Temple of Love to clean off after helping clean up the Western District with many others, he mused to himself.

~.. It's sad to see such devestation.. such destruction. Headmaster Ulrik looked particularly upset.. then again.. I don't think any with a good heart could do anything but be upset.. ~ he thought to himself, scrubbing off.

~.. However.. it's important to be sure to see the creature is stopped.. or all these works may need to be repeated save in a larger scale.. ~ he thought to himself, bowing his head and grasping his holy symbol of Gond.

"Gond, please let whatever we must rebuild be stronger, and better in your blessed name." he prayed briefly, before continuing to clean his small frame off.

SLS

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 12 2010, 7:06 AM 

Player

A man dressed in gray robes makes his way through Western Cordor, stopping occasionally to kick a rock or some other rubble out of his way. He often passes through the western district to trade his findings to the retired Gnome but what he saw this day was not what he expected.
Curious but in no way disturbed by his surroundings, he proceeds to inquire from the residents about the events that lead up to the destruction that now surrounded him.

Eventually after some time, a guard explains to him about the rampaging beast and the reward Tytalus has offered up along with what information that has been released.
The man responds with a simple "Hmm." before turning away from the guard and making his way out of the district, he does make a note to himself however to keep an eye and ear open in relation to this event.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]