View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ] 
Maias227

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 02 2010, 22:13 PM 

Player

Under the veil of night a group of drow attacked the Lemur Monastery high in the Skull Crag Mountains. They inflicted great casualties on the stallwart but outnumbered monks.

However, an advance warning managed to reach the monks who summoned help and the major leaders managed to hide before the invasion force stuck. Despite the hasty relief arriving they could not prevent the near destruction of the brewery and several other buildings. In addition dozens of monks lost their lives trying to defend their homes against the devils from below.

Many of the Monasterys walls seem to have been attempted breaken down along with some of the pillars of the place. Ultimately it seems a small amount of the collected stone is missing presumeably taken by the drow.

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 03 2010, 2:18 AM 

Player

Before long a Banite mission arrives at the monastery, desiring to speak with the head monk in charge.

// Looking to RP this in game when you're available, Maias.

P Three

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 03 2010, 2:46 AM 

DM

Meeting the Banites at the gate, as she lives there, would be none other than the former Imperceptor, Katsumi.

//Lemme know when it is, I wasn't in on the attack and didn't know about it, so I couldn't play what she /would/ have done, but with scheduling she can be a part of it.

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

BlackDahlya

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 03 2010, 3:10 AM 

Player

Location: Land of the Scorching Sun, Empowered by Global Warming

Daniel, when he arrived the monastery that day after one of his many patrols, was torn between what to do first: if help the monks or look for his family, residing there for years now.

Renee (his wife), and Justin (his son), however, seemed to be fine and unscathed. Later, he would know they had made a quick visit to Cordor and were also taken by surprise by the attack.

Hearing about the Banites wanting to help, he growls.

The Dragon Knight takes a very deep breath and murmurs to himself what seems to be a mantra, but turns to be only him saying:

"Will they ever understand neutrality? The monks do not take sides. I wonder if they will accept ~any~ kind of aid from the Banites. If they do, I am leaving this place."

===

Just like Daos, that day Rizzen was not around at the Monastery, but instead of Cordor he was visiting the shrine of Eilistraee.

When he came back and saw the destruction, he rubbed his eyes in disbelief. When he heard who did that, he gritted his teeth, remembering his chance meeting with two drow females a few days ago when he was keeping beetles at bay.

"I should have captured or killed them. I should know they were a scouting party."

//I wish I was there on either of my monks. Sometimes I hate my working schedule.

//And just in case... yes, my PCs are bound there for ages (though one of them is more recent, past year, I think). Yes, they are not main characters in a while now, but it does not change the fact both live there and every once in a while, I am playing them. So, please, do not think I am being an opportunistic.

Once Upon A Time Played
Adr'ael Ken'rahel, Auron Teken’ath, Aurora Mesodias, 'Daniel' Daoskinaxarijikkym, Eilin'ira, Helena Rios, Layla Faircurrent, May'Une Do'Ndar, Mellinda Tellus, Michael of Cliffside, Rizzen of Twilight, Valkirya d'Claddath

Jyro X

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 03 2010, 5:18 AM 

Player

Having spent many weeks in the Crouching Lemur upon his arrival on the island and his many return visits to his former mentors, Gegnar definitely joins the Banite mission to come speak to Master Tsn and the other heads of the monastery.

Maias227

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 03 2010, 7:03 AM 

Player

//Removed ooc posts, people stop taking this out in here. It certainly wasn't planned to be a no pvp area either.

Stay IC folks.

Eli_Tilverton

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 03 2010, 11:36 AM 

Player

Maias227 wrote:
Under the veil of night a group of drow attacked the Lemur Monastery high in the Skull Crag Mountains. They inflicted great casualties on the stallwart but outnumbered monks.

However, an advance warning managed to reach the monks who summoned help and the major leaders managed to hide before the invasion force stuck. Despite the hasty relief arriving they could not prevent the near destruction of the brewery and several other buildings. In addition dozens of monks lost their lives trying to defend their homes against the devils from below.

Many of the Monasterys walls seem to have been attempted breaken down along with some of the pillars of the place. Ultimately it seems a small amount of the collected stone is missing presumeably taken by the drow.

Eli received word that the Lemur Monastery was under attack but by the time he arrived it was to late. The destruction was beyond words. The monks were already at eternal rest laying in their own blood.

The attackers were still killing in their unholy quest. Eli stepped forward an issued a challenge in the name of Ilmater and the Broken Ones. Eli was out-numbered 10 to 1 with no hope of winning. His challenge was accepted.

At the last moment when there was no hope for Eli the attack was broken off and all attackers left the area leaving Eli alone amongst the debris of the Lemur Monastery.

Eli kneeled down and prayed to Ilmater for guidence. Ilmater told Eli to goto Fort Summer to establish a Monastery of the Broken Ones in his name and give aid to travelers.

Eli traveled to what was left of Fort Summer and begun the work that Ilmater directed him to do. A follower of Helm was under attack by the orges that had destroyed Fort Summer. Eli was able to offer aid to the traveler. Kalavar offered potions and healing kits to aid Eli in his mission from Ilmater.

Eli is working tirelessly to rebuild what he can. Eli has sent word to the Triadic Knights about his mission from Ilmater and sent out a message to those who have heard the call to serve Ilmater, Tyr, or Torm or simply the Triad to come to Fort Summer and help build the monestary. Eli needs help getting rid of the barricade that blocks the southern entrance and help rebuilding the walls and structures.

Mathias of Constantinople

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 03 2010, 11:58 AM 

Player

*Szinvayas walks out to the drow construction sites, and when he visits the Qos`Yutsu supplies brimming with new stone and material, some still bloody from the fight above, he begins to cackle, the sound echoing across the cavern*

Excellent... the mission went just as planned. If only I had been able to SEE the monks as their training failed to repel our warriors! But it is nau matter... the objective is fulfilled. I see now these surfacers were weaker than I thought... perhaps our next plan should be even bolder...

*his eyes twinkle with dark light, and he returns to L`obsul filled with new ambition*

P Three

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 03 2010, 22:08 PM 

DM

Katsumi, irritated, sends a letter to Aly'isgar.

That is her only response.

Yee-haw!

SLS

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 04 2010, 5:53 AM 

Player

A figure clad in obsidian armor and a red cape can be seen talking to the monks, gathering details on the attacks.
He claims to be a follower of the Black Hand and was sent to find out about the attackers and which house they belonged to, if any.

Following that he spends time searching the ruined buildings and the brewery as well as the surrounding area for any signs of how the Drow arrived and left as well as any indications where to.

====

A man dressed in heavy, weighted clothing makes his way to the monastery after hearing of the attack several days later. Upon arrival he witnesses the destruction first hand, his one visible eye narrows and glows with a faint purple light, his grip tightening. He moves to speak with the head monk to offer his services, both as a follower of The Doombringer and for personal vengeance.

P Three

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 08 2010, 16:19 PM 

DM

Katsumi nods, reading a letter, before having it copied several times....

Yee-haw!

Dakotaen

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 08 2010, 18:43 PM 

Player

One tiefling decides to visit her old home, if for no other reason, then to check the damages.

Characters: Currently trying my best to stick to Beridoc Brushgale

Eowmir te Baru

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 09 2010, 5:57 AM 

Player

Kuzo returns to his home and finds the Crouching Lemur in a state of devistation. In speaking with the Master, Kuzo joins with his brothers and sisters in salvaging what he can of the place and begins the long and difficult process of reconstruction. To any of the members of the order who will take a moment to listen, Kuzo encourages them to resist the Banite offer and to see it for what it is- an effort to add the Crouching Lemur to those lands claimed by that foul house.

may the four winds blow you safely home...

and here is another character you might enjoy....

Kuzo Kirosawa, monk in search of a cause

P Three

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 09 2010, 17:45 PM 

DM

Hearing Kuzo's words, Katsumi is quick to aid in spreading them. As Gurth threatened to murder her and her children right in front of the monks, she reminds them of this as needed.

Yee-haw!

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 16 2010, 17:24 PM 

Player

*wooden signs are placed near the mentioned locations with the following notices affixed. If seen, the individual placing them would be robed as a wandering monk*

Attention!

The Friendly Association of Laborers, Smiths, and Engineers announces its goal to aid the Lemur Monestary in its reconstruction.

All those who would see the the monks re-established after the cruel drow attacks are invited to contribute coin and building resources to our not-for-profit enterprise. Coin donations will be used to purchase supplies.

Currently needed:
granite
Marble
mortar
wood
Wooden Planks

Send notice by Speedy’s to box 9382, and a representative will happily meet with you anytime.

Thank you for your aid in helping peaceful monks!

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 16 2010, 18:34 PM 

Player

"F-A-L-S-E? That's not obvious or anything..."

P Three

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 17 2010, 0:02 AM 

DM

Katsumi will spend her time watching for said wandering monk, in between bouts of screwing My'ana over or helping rebuild the monastery.

((If you wants some RP, come get it! :P))

Yee-haw!

Tandannon

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 17 2010, 0:05 AM 

Player

*a figure checks the notices*

Last edited by Tandannon on Sun, Apr 17 2016, 13:45 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Eowmir te Baru

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 08 2010, 19:28 PM 

Player

While Kuzo would like to take the offer of aid at face value, he instead records some notes in a small book and begins to gather information about F.A.L.S.E.

"We could sure use their offer of aid Master Tsn, but I will discover what I can before their representative returns."

Eowmir te Baru

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 10 2010, 1:25 AM 

Player

Kuzo makes his way to Cordor for the purpose of learning more about F.A.L.S.E. Arriving at the North Gate, Kuzo has two objects of interest, the Cordor Library and the Great Hall where he hopes to speak with the Clerk of Records. An appointment is made with the Clerk and Kuzo takes advantage of the hours before his scheduled meeting to examine the contents of the Cordor Library. The Librarian is helpful and provides Kuzo with back issues of the local paper, the Recorder. Kuzo takes a number of notes in his journal and then quickly makes his way to the Great Hall. He finds the Clerk of Records not yet ready to meet with him as city business appears to demand all of the Clerk's attention. When the Clerk becomes available, he and Kuzo make their way to one of the adjoining rooms and Kuzo begins his inquiry. Chief among his questions are:

Do you have record of any activity of the organization called F.A.L.S.E. in or around the City of Cordor?
If so, in what activities has this organization engaged?
If so, whose name is associated with the registration of this organization?

Kuzo listens to the response of the Clerk and takes notes in his journal. He hopes that this information will be useful to Master Tsn and the other masters of the Lemur Order.

//DM request: Kindly offer some response to Kuzo's inquiry in the Library and with the Clerk of Record in the Great Hall to further this event.

Eowmir te Baru

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 10 2010, 21:26 PM 

Player

Footsore, Kuzo returns to the monastery shortly after the completion of evening observances. He meets with Master Tsn at first light and accepts Master Tsn's charge to write a letter to the representative of F.A.L.S.E. Kuzo pens the letter and posts it to the identified box with Speedy's.

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 11 2010, 14:02 PM 

Player

*The letter arrives and gets handed to Szinvayas, who opens the seal and reads*

NOW a reply comes, and it's THIS instead of offers of coin and riches?

*He crumples the letter in his fist*

Perhaps I overestimated the foolish charity of the kivvil fools!

*He grimaces, then his face smooths as he thinks of something, rubbing his chin... then his mouth curls into a slight grin*

Perhaps there is a way to profit from this after all...

*Unfolding the crumpled up note, he takes notes of the signed name at the bottom, "Kuzo Kirosawa," then snaps his fingers, tosses the letter to a kobold, and begins to dictate a reply, his expression quickly turning to dark glee...*

P Three

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 12 2010, 0:14 AM 

DM

A letter is sent out...

Not to anyone on the surface, but any curious messenger might wonder what a monk is doing writing to Qu'ellar Tinnerai...

Yee-haw!

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 12 2010, 4:31 AM 

Tester

*A large shadow of a man in black and grey robes is seen looming over the monastery from afar for several hours a day, unmoving as if cast in stone. Two dim indigo orbs peer out from beneath a flowing mass of cerulean hair, watching the comings and goings of his former residence in sublime silence.*

Peeves

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 20 2010, 19:56 PM 

Player

Everything seems to have settled back to normal in the monastary. The monks have been rather odd of late, however. They can be seen retiring for the night later than usual, and then subsequently sleeping in.

Eowmir te Baru

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 26 2010, 3:27 AM 

Player

With measuring stick in hand, locals and monks who wander near the ruins of the windmill will find Kuzo pacing out the distance around the area of the fallen structure. He takes careful notes, from time to time, appears to be sketching some sort of mill.

//DMs-Please let me know how Kuzo might start the process of rebuilding the windmill. He has been selling a great deal of items to raise the needed gold for the project and he is looking for stone and wood resources as well. If rebuilding the windmill is not in the cards, please let me know as well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]