View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
BrainSplitter

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 05 2010, 10:42 AM 

Player

After a long, long, long haitus, the infamous 'Cloak' - trademark vessel of the Black Caravan - appears to have made another appearance. The vessel docks but once in Cordor's trade ports, remaining only long enough to unload some apparently contracted wares, and to make the following notice.

Those who snoop or otherwise observe may notice a far more reserved and quiet set of personnel, and while still possessing of their single eyes - many have chosen to no longer hide their faces behind masks. Many also seem to be possessing of severe wounds or burns, yet continue their digilant service to the company.

The vessel itself appears to have had a significantly rough encounter, and clearly having been subjected to considerable damage - many of its on-deck weapons destroyed, and its hull hastily repaired, and masts clearly only surviving through improvised repairs-at-sea. This damage may also account for only one of it's Cordorian-Built sister vessels, the Sunrise, being present and possessing similar damage - the Sunset nowhere to be seen.

Standing at the wheel of the Cloak, only parting from his charge to deal with appropriate officials with Cordor, is the age-old 'Jack' - or so he had come to be known upon the Isle of Amia. Those keen of eye would notice he's currently missing an arm, but allows it to affect him little. At his side, the infamous drowess sorcerer, 'Arc', stands readied as she always had despite her blindness - though those keenly aware may realize that she no longer stood with a burdened, hateful touch, having grown more controlled over what had recently befallen the organization.

Despite all of the changes amidst their personnel, and their vessel, and the clear change in status and behaviour - their flags remain the same, and as does their name, as denoted in their missive.

Attention people of the Amian Isles,

Upon this day, the 5th of Flamerule 1379DR, the Black Caravan hereby officially states a change in management, and an important proclamation for those touched - for better or worse - by our efforts upon this Isle and surrounding lands.

After diligent efforts of certain personnel upon this isle, Karishkalinyer the Red - previously known as 'Boss Sil'yer' - has been removed of her viel to those of the company, and revealed for her true, draconic nature. After a most dangerous, and brutal affair, the evil taint upon this company has been removed - her reign of control and cruelty upon those whom work under her brought to a halt, and as such, her warlike attempts at power upon the isle.

Many have fallen in coming to this ends, from mere sailors working upon our vessels, to adventurers whom tread upon this land. Shall it be known that their efforts were not in vain, and the foul beast that wished control through the honourable trade of business has been removed from this realm to be judged by those of the afterlife as thus.

After such encounters, a reformation has occured. The Black Caravan shall forever live on, under its flags, for to change such would be to forsake our past, to forget it, and to proclaim it was not. However all the Black Caravan stood for - war, combat, and a dark, selfish manipulation of humble trade - has been changed.

The Black Caravan Trading Company shall continue its merchantile and security efforts with but greater vigor, yet no longer shall such cruelties take place, nor will such open attempts at war be made by the leadership of this organization. Likewise our marking shall remain, yet it shall stand for a different meaning, as it is now not only our identity - but a token of what we have lost, yet what we have gained. We shall not forget the atrocities performed in our name, manipulated against us, and the mere tools we were used as amidst the reign of Karishkalinyer.

As such, I have deemed this organization shall best be found away from the waters of these isles, as our outstanding contracts have now been completed. Any restrictions placed upon wares previously sold by the Black Caravan are now removed, and may be bartered freely. Outstanding members of the Adventuring Community, hired by the Black Caravan, are free to determine their stance and behaviours from this moment - should they wish to carry forth the colors as a solo agent, or be returned to their previous status as seen fit. Those wishing the latter are free to attend the vessel for their mark to be removed.

A due thanks must be offered to Oakmist Vale, the Commonwealth of Cordor, the War Knights, and the Shrine of Eilistraee for their assistance in our endeavours throughout our business upon the isles, for their trade, and for their faith in myself.

Likewise, a special apology is owed to the Monolith of Mystra and Personnel, for the behaviour of the Black Caravan during final affairs. It is hoped that officials of the Monolith may open their doors one last time for myself so that I may offer forth my wholehearted apologies and compensate for any and all damages possible.

Shall the Lady of Trade guide you,

Yours Cordially,
Company Owner,
Black Caravan Trading Company

P Three

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 05 2010, 11:13 AM 

DM

It takes time for the news to reach the Crouching Lemur monastery; when it does, a single female shadow stills, in a moment of rememberance...
"Even giants fall...at least this one did not land on any hapless travelers..."
Katsumi muses quietly to herself, watching Iaidra's kata and correcting it as needed....

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

Selvec Darkon

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 05 2010, 11:55 AM 

Player

Location: On a Disk, carried by four elephants, which stand on a gigantic turtle.

*A frown from Calin creeps on his face as he reads the missive.. He sets pen to paper and sends a note to the Black Caravan, it's short and simple. No means of keeping it secert are taken, as his groups involvement with the company has already been revealed.*

"All contracts are complete, and so I assume this means an end to our arrangement. Good journeys to you, and good trade. My only fear is that we will once more find the arts of war monopolised by the Amian Trading Federation. You shall be missed.

-Signed
Warlord Calin Katar."

Edited due to some long made PM's come to my attention.

"Do ye know where the Holy-Flamin' Frost-brand Gronk-slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' woundin' an' returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-out-yer-bum is?"

Last edited by Selvec Darkon on Mon, Jul 05 2010, 14:37 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Nivo

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 05 2010, 12:11 PM 

Player

It was a late evening when this particular bit of news reached a particular rock in the Trackless Sea. Within a room on this particular rock, a mage sat at a desk, leaned back tiredly in a chair, hand tracing through a head of hair that contained just a few more ones of grey. Hand sought parchment, quill, and ink, reaching over four strips of ivory and burnt out incense. The snap of a finger, and a candelabra found itself shedding illumination on the previous dark office. A single audible utterance, and irritable proclamation to no-one apparent in the tome and parchment beleaguered office.

"About damn time."

A single sealed missive bearing waxen seal and the stars of Mystra would soon find itself departing a particular, storm and windswept Isle housing a lonely tower, all alone reaching into the clouded sky.

Jes

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 08 2010, 16:00 PM 

DM

As the dock outside the Monolith of Mystra clears once more, the small entourage returning to the Cloak, a small figure pauses and glances back at the great Monolith. Her arms full of books, Ilythalu Shraramir offers a small smile to Vaelmith, and then hurries after Arc and Jack, following them on her first adventure.

Thus, one sun elven face is gone from the lands of Amia alongside the Caravanners.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

Grymia

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 08 2010, 16:37 PM 

Player

~Ilythalu, may the Winds protect and keep you as they have me, but let them never erode your heart, kindness and innocence. You deserve a peaceful live child, but as you have taken up a path of adventure , let it at least find joy more often then hate. ~ Vaelmith thought as Ilythalu left. His countenance seemed sad.

Kudark

PostPosted: Sat, Jul 10 2010, 18:13 PM 

Player

Crow, upon reading this, becomes disappointed that his acquired items are now worth less in value, and that he will no longer be able to find items of such unique quality.
"I wonder how much a ship costs and how hard it is to sail one..." muses Crow to no one in particular, namely, himself, for no one else cares to listen anyway.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]