View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ] 
Yossarin

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 01 2011, 23:50 PM 

Player

At the outset of Ches in 1379, the usual drone of anti-adventurer, anti-Harper, anti-noble, anti-Thayvian and anti-subversive propaganda in the Amian Recorder is interrupted by a major million-point type headline declaring something many have awaited and even more abandoned in the beliefs that it would never come:

PUBLIC ELECTION FOR MINISTER OF HEALTH & PUBLIC WELFARE!

Praise be to the Bureau of the Census for finally completing their grueling citizenship processing! Praise be to Joseph Maximillian for meeting his promises to the people of the Commonwealth to have free and open elections! Praise be to the Commonwealth for this major step towards revolutionary (and evolutionary!) living!

The Bureau of the Census publicly declared this morning that an election to replace Johnathin Leohnard, current yet absent Minister of Health and Public Welfare, with a new and Commonwealth-supported candidate to office. Naturally, I, Bill Hurst, Chief Editor of the Amian Recorder, was curious as to the truth behind Johnathin Leohnard's disappearance, and so it was that I painstakingly handwrote (because yes, although I do work regularly with an ink press, handwritten letters are a cultural ART that does not escape my sensibilities) Speaker Joseph Maximillian and invited him to my humble home on Little Bridge Lane for a personal interview.

Imagine my surprise when he writes back a glowing and adoring response (though marked with political sternness, of course) that he accepted my invitation and will meet me for breakfast and an interview! And I had to prepare many questions to ask about these rumors of an election that I had heard!

Naturally, the first question that came to my mind was: what does one prepare for breakfast for a man of character like Joseph Maximillian? Though I myself have a flavor for brown eggs and hearty melted cheeses for breakfast, Maximillian is a man of simpler and humbler tastes; so I immediately wrote to the baker who lives down the street from me in the hopes that he might bake me two dozen Cormyrian muffins (the kind that are aerated and spiced with sesame and an excess of yeast). Why two dozen? Well, my thinking was that he might not come alone and in fact may be accompanied by a retinue of several clerks and at least two Law Knights (would they even eat? are they so stentorian that they refuse to eat even on duty?)

Regrettably, the baker was out sick (I suspect hungover from sharing the sherry!) and so I had to rely upon the culinary acumen of his apprentice, a fourteen-year old, two hundred and eighty pound dough boy whom I genuinely feared would not merely bake a baker's two dozen but bake three dozen, have one for himself, and place the overhead on my bill! With this fear in mind I explained the situation to him: that I, Bill Hurst, would personally be hosting Joseph Maximilian in my home, at my kitchen table, near my own stove top, and so impressed upon him the importance of certain unbilled add-ons - I requested coffee grounds and fresh fruit and a kind of vegetable paté that has become a popular morning fete in the last six months and this fat apprentice quivered with fear or excitement and together we realized that I was preparing an entire catering service for Maximillian's visist!

But I have said it before and I shall say it again: no cost is too great in the interests of the Commonwealth. This elaborate breakfast cost me two hundred and fifty in gold (three hundred and ten when you count in my generous gratuities to preparers and deliverers), but I considered it worth it nonetheless.

The second question I needed to have answered for the interview about an upcoming election was, as you can well imagine: how do I decorate my home to entertain Joseph Maximillian?

Now, I have heard rumors among some of the people I have occasion to speak with that I am considered one of Cordor's most eligible bachelors. While I disagree with this in a show of humility (not that I am a bachelor, mind you, or that I am eligible, but simply that I am the "most" of either of these), it is true that my abode is adorned sparsely. My profession keeps me in the office, my vocation on the streets, my interests in the soirees and of course there are also the other civil engagements to tend to (volunteering at the Commonwealth Center, attending regular masses at the Waukeen Temple, sport hunting and travelling and keeping up to date on the latest in literature, art, and history!) and so you can imagine that I have very little time to dedicate to home decoration. This being the private, domestic realm of the woman and I being unmarried, I feared that my home was unpresentable for such a visitation!

But the Commonwealth never ceases to have each person's needs met by those with capable abilities! For this I have to thank the growth of the South Cordor Reconstruction Project. As a new mercantile burg, I had no trouble finding people to supply me with white picket linings of bougainvillea for my shutters and sills (from Arbor's Gardens), with unpatterned curtains rather than the fading blinds (from Domestic Dreams), with a delightful sheepskin tablecloth dyed with the colors of the Commonwealth (from Charlotte Broadside, textiles privateer), a silver tea set imported from Luskan with a delightful little cream saucer that looks like a small octopus whose head you pop off to brighten your coffee (from Trackless Imports, Inc.), a superior stand-up mirror and an entirely new wardrobe all graciously purchased (from Arwen & Aluvard's!) Once all of these were arranged and I hired a custodian (the private cleaner, Madame Dustbunny) to ensure that the place was spic and span, I had spent another seven hundred and thirty-five gold, easily rounded off to eight hundred when you consider gratuities and taxations.

Ultimately, this puts my collective bill for hosting Joseph Maximillian for an interview in my home regarding the upcoming election at just over a thousand in gold, but between the prestige and pleasure I receive from playing host to such a great man (and the reciprocal gratitude of those suppliers upon discovering they were being mentioned in this publication!) I feel as though I made out a bandit.

Nay, a bandit king. A king among bandits on a throne of verbage solid enough to support my weight!

I swallowed my anxiety and welcomed Joseph Maximillian into my home at the appointed hour. He was, as expected, accompanied by two Law Knights and one clerk from the Ministry of Law who seemed to be taking notation on what Maximillian spoke.

"Your home is very quaint," he said to me, to which I was tickled, and to which his personal scribe wrote something down.

"Why thank you," I beamed, "thank you! You are so kind!' To which he smiled and nodded, and to which his personal scribe did nothing at all. I suppose my own words were not worth recording to his senses, but it is no matter, my words are recorded in the Amian Recorder daily.

"Would you like some Cormyrian muffins?" I asked Maximillian.

"If it pleases the host," he said. "No butter and no preserves, though, please."

"And coffee?"

"Yes."

"How do you take it?"

"Straight. No cream and no sugar, please."

"You are not a man of many excesses, are you?"

"I am a man of the Commonwealth. If reducing my own pleasures increases the pleasures granted to my fellow citizens, it is a sacrifice I am willing to make. That is, after all, the role of a public official."

"Speaking of public officials," I said to Joseph Maximillian, who I might remind you was reclined comfortably in my own home, at my own kitchen table, for we have clearly become dear friends by this point, "what can you tell me about Johnathin Leohnard?"

It was a clever segue. Maximillian explained to me that Johnathin Leohnard had received proof of his actual birth parents, living somewhere along the Sword Coast, and had been granted reprieve from his duties to the Commonwealth to go in pursuit of his heritage, which Maximillian assured me was not assumed to be a noble one.

"So what are we to do with the office of the Minister of Public Health and Welfare?"

Maximillian went on to explain (over a second cup of coffee and some fresh fruit dipped in the vegetable paté - a real hit!) the following details:

The Bureau of the Census will be handling a public election for the office of the Minister of Health and Public Welfare. This election is a preliminary election to test out the process and to guarantee that it functions according to drafted plans. The responsibility is temporarily placed in the hands of the Bureau of the Census for the simple reason that the group of clerks involved in the Bureau of the Census have been working long enough with the Commonwealth's citizenship paperwork and processes as to be familiar enough with them to verify that all of the votes cast in the election are coming from certificate-carrying citizens.

From today and through until the end of the ride, the Chief Clerk Franton will be accepting nominations (from citizen and non-citizen alike) for candidates to the office of the Ministry of Health and Public Welfare. Approved candidates require the following:

- The Candidate must be a Citizen of the Commonwealth, with a Certificate of Citizenship.

- The Candidate must be no younger than 25 years of age.

- The Candidate must not have any existing claim to any noble status, at home or abroad.

- The Candidate must have some legitimate professional experience with the responsibilities typical to the office of the Minister of Health and Public Welfare, or the candidate will be disapproved by the Bureau of the Census.

Each nomination will be reviewed by the Bureau of the Census and publicly approved before the election process begins. The election process will be as follows:

- Clerks from the Bureau of the Census will visit the listed homes of those who have Certificates of Citizenship. ONLY CITIZENS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF CORDOR shall have a vote in determining the Minister (although the nominations are currently open to even non-citizens, for they may be impacted by the decisions of any given Minister). They will take an accurate poll from these residences. For those who have changed residences, or who have no residences within the Commonwealth of Cordor, but are Citizens of the Commonwealth nonetheless, it shall be your responsibility to contact a member of the Bureau of the Census IN PERSON and NOT BY LETTER to place your vote. All voting is to be done in person and handled by clerks of the Bureau of the Census.

"Are there any nominees presently?" I asked Joseph Maximillian as he admired the cleanliness of my home and the scent of fresh bougainvillea at my windows.

Joseph Maximilian, after chatting for some time about city politics, his family history, and urban culture with me, did confirm that there are currently 2 nominees to the office! I shall list them here.

1) Dr. Karse Ignoma. Has been serving as the Secretary to the Ministry of Health and Public Welfare. Currently operating the Hospice in South Cordor. Runs a private practice, serving the health needs of many citizens. Will be running on a platform of offering Immunizations to common diseases and sicknesses to the citizens of the Commonwealth to increase their standard of living and overall health.

2) Xaviera Xuider Xee. Priestess of Sharess, co-owner of the Temple of Love in North Cordor, a long-time friend of Johnathin Leohnard and a recognized member and leader of Sympathy for South Cordor, the organization responsible for the beautification of South Cordor and many other areas around the city. It is currently unknown what platform she will be running on.

Of course, these are simply rudimentary explanations of these candidates, and every approved candidate is encouraged to send me, Bill Hurst, a release for my press that I will have published, outlining any campaign promises or messages you feel you have to deliver to the people of the Commonwealth who will be voting you into office!

Parting was sweet sorry. "I am sorry to cut this interview short, Mr. Hurst, but I have other business to tend to," Speaker Maximilian said, but I could swear it was with some hint of sadness at having to leave the pleasant company. He left with a carefully prepared care package of breakfast leftovers which he was pleased with, and he promised to accurately disseminate those gifts amongst the clerks who were working double duty today to prepare things in advance of the election.

// In case the IC isn't clear and you need the OOC:

You may respond IC however you like in this thread. Whether or not you have a Citizenship with Cordor (those of you who do know that you do because you've taken the Examination or have otherwise contacted me about having one) you may nominate a PC (or NPC, if you wish) to take this leading government role in the Commonwealth of Cordor.

There is no guarantee that PC/NPC will be approved. As you can see, they have to be a citizen themselves, and they have to have some REASON for being in the Ministry of Health and Public Weflare. For example, Doctor Karse Ignoma is a physician. Xaviera is a local priestess with a heavy interest on cleanliness (she runs a bath house) and a history of interest in public welfare (her relationship with Sympathy for South Cordor). Any other proposed candidates should have some kind of similar "professional experience", whatever the hell Hurst means by that.

Those who are approved as candidates are also welcome to post a "press release" here in this thread, detailing your approval to run, your intent as to why, what your platforms may be, what you want to change, the usual political appeals. NPC votes will figure in at a small percentage here (though preference is given to player votes), and it is the effectiveness of your press release if you choose to post one that will sway the small NPC percentage vote.

In a week or so, I will begin the actual election process, at which point, if you have a citizenship with Cordor, you just PM me which of the candidates (Karse Ignoma, Xaviera, or whomever is approved between now and the start of the election) you want to vote for. One vote per PC. The PC is welcome to vote for him or herself, if he or she is a running candidate.

As you can see, ballots are cast in person, and not by letter. You can surmise that this is intentionally done to force "government participlation" and to pretty much shut out the possibility of forged ballots. Does this make for a smooth election process? We shall see.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 02 2011, 4:09 AM 

Player

The following notice is sent to Bill Hurst of the Amian Recorder and to Clerk Franton. Other copies are distributed to interested parties at the Temple of Love, left with Griff at the Nomad, and with Loilin at Gabilgathol's. The ink used in printing has a slightly purple tint to it.

It is with glad heart that I have learned, via Citizen Hurst's well-known publication, the Amian Recorder, of Minister Maximillian's announcement that an election will shortly be held for the position of Minister of Public Health and Welfare.

It was not long ago that I was told, in conversation with a member of the Commonwealth Council, that my name had been mentioned as a possible candidate to succeed our beloved and esteemed Minister Leohnard. Now that the anticipated election draws nigh, as the topmast of an approaching and eagerly-awaited vessel finally appears on the horizon, I have decided, after consultation with my family, to accept this opportunity to contribute further to the joy and well-being of the Commonwealth's many citizens, residents and visitors.

Many will know me as an entertainer, singer and dancer who has sponsored several local festivals, performed on the Triumvir's Twilight Stage, been a guest at the Sphere Theater on the 'Cordor Tonight' show, and performed poetry, songs and tales from Oakmist Vale to the far reaches of the Caraigh. I was among the first to formally propose bans on Lolthites and Banites for the safety of Cordor's people, both of which were later enacted. I have also participated in notable events such as the attack of the Flight on Kohlingen and the Crusade in Nes'ek, survived the great Cordor quake, and was part of the group that travelled to the mystical city of Sigil to retrieve the Lyre of Building that was used to reconstruct our city afterward.

As High Priestess of Sharess, of course, I am Mistress of the Temple of Love, part-owner (along with a previous city Councillor) of Cordor's beautiful temple to the myriad goddesses of love, joy, pleasure, marriage and family. Many folk of Cordor, from all walks of life, regularly enjoy the pleasant company of friends and neighbours in our relaxing baths and offer prayers in our tasteful shrines. Farmers, dock workers, merchants, clerks, the religious, and others young and old are always welcome to visit us after a hard day's work in service to the Commonwealth and leave refreshed and happy.

Apart from striving to improve the cleanliness and the morale of Cordor's people, I have also worked with members of Sympathy for South Cordor and counted the late lamented Renee Flowers as a dear friend. SSC's work toward improving the living standards of all Cordorians is something I have always supported and will continue to encourage.

A Minister of Public Health and Welfare must, as the name of the position implies, be concerned first and foremost with the health of the citizens. It is unfortunately the case that provision of health services throughout the city is uneven at best. At present, options range from your local temple to Dr. Ignoma's clinic to self-treatment to none at all. A review and rationalization of services is clearly in order to ensure that all of Cordor's people have at least some recourse in the event of severe illness or injury.

Although the recent rebuilding of south Cordor has eliminated some unsightly, malodorous and noisome locales, dangerous and unhealthy conditions continue to exist in certain parts of the city, chiefest among these being our sewer system. 'Out of sight, out of mind' only works so long as problems remain isolated, and those who remember the menace of Vodak the slime creature will surely agree that our policy of containment has not always served us optimally. I pledge therefore to review our sanitation situation with an eye toward seeing what changes might be made in this regard.

The majority of my adult life has been dedicated to serving the people of Cordor in one way or another, and it is my hope that I may have the opportunity to do so in the capacity of Minister of Public Health and Welfare. If elected, I will eagerly seek out your opinions, striving always to continue in the tradition of Johnathin Leohnard and to follow the trail he blazed with his respect and concern for all of Cordor's people.

"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt
AmiaWiki mod (mostly inactive)

Sunkin Sheep

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 02 2011, 22:10 PM 

Player

A good dozen of handmade signs begin to raise around several shop areas in West Cordor:

"We want Xee!"
and
"West Cordor supports X.X.X."
but most popularly,
"Sympathy for West Cordor- Vote Xaviera!"
Which brings up a statement on it's own.

Laika-Unknown

Grymia

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 04 2011, 9:08 AM 

Player

Reading the paper, Tuomas palms his face.

~.. Gond? Is it a sin to allow such a sensationalist to continue to use such a wonderful invention the way he is? Or.. perhaps is it better to apply innovation to oppose this? ~ he asks himself in his thought.

~.. The act of acting itself isn't a sin against Gond. But, the act of encouraging falsehood and demonstrating such pride.. against the Celestial virtues a whole other matter. ~ he mentally replies as he makes his way to the Monolith.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 14 2011, 14:39 PM 

Player

Xaviera keeps her campaign low-key, thus far conducting it by word of mouth, but making sure she is seen in all quarters of town as well as, of course, in the northern outskirts.

"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt

Yossarin

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 14 2011, 21:06 PM 

Player

At last, a press release comes from the campaign camp of Dr. Karse Ignoma, circulated in the Amian Recorder. Unlike Xaviera's address, however, it is not self-referential, and appears to have been written by a third party.

Dr. Karse Ignoma, recognized as a ranking physician by the Ministry of Health and Public Welfare, has been treating the people of Cordor with medicine for twenty years and operating a private practice for five. He was born in Cordor, a true son of the Commonwealth, and raised under the oppressive rule of the former Duke Montgomery d'Cordor. "The freedom of the people to choose the proper health care that matches their needs and their means is a freedom I fought to earn after diagnosing the disease of noble rule," Dr. Ignoma stated in an interview in his hospice on the north end of Merchant Lane in South Cordor. "I am willing to continue that same service to the people, and am honored to have been asked to run for the office of Minister of Health and Public Welfare."

Some have described Dr. Ignoma as a miracle worker. His tinctures, admixtures, tonics, ointments, therapy routines and combination treatments have successfully brought health to those able to be healthy and a peaceful passing to those whose time has come. Considering his history of service to Cordor, this comes as no surprise; as a young man, Dr. Ignoma interned as a physician combating the ravages of the plague in the Plague House; in the wake of the Great Quake, he spent countless sleepless hours and a great deal of money out of his own pouch to ease the pain and suffering of those injured in the disaster. When the corrupt Duke Montgomery abdicated his rulership of Cordor and the oppressive nobility made their shameful exodus from the Commonwealth, Dr. Ignoma was tapped by the former Minister of Health and Public Welfare, the beloved Johnathin Leohnard, to serve as his Secretary of Medicine. As such, Dr. Ignoma has the necessary health organization management experience and a great deal of exposure to the methods and operations of the Ministry of Health and Public Welfare to accurately and efficiently employ the office to the benefit of the people.

As Minister of Health and Public Welfare, Dr. Ignoma intends to organize the Labor, Finance, and Law Ministries in a campaign to clean out Cordor's sewers, reduce the amount of sewage backup from stormwater runoff and tidal surge, and ultimately to secure the Commonwealth from those subversive elements who take advantage of the sewers to enter the city and prey upon the people; he intends to turn over his private health practice to the State and open a branch in every District of the Commonwealth for the convenience and well-being of the people; and ultimately, he intends to propose a new medical practice called immunization to the Council of the Commonwealth of Cordor for immediate administration, a medical practice that requires a painless infusion of cultured medicines into the body with the intent to render it immune to any number of illnesses, including sweating sickness, dysentery, gastric rot, consumption, and even the plague.

Dr. Ignoma urges all contributing citizens of the Commonwealth to pursue citizenship as quickly as possible in order to have a voice in the upcoming election to elect the most appropriate Minister of Health and Public Welfare, and to meet the responsibilities and reap the benefits of being common in status, in opportunity for wealth, and in health with one's neighbors.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 15 2011, 1:25 AM 

Player

A release is made available to the Amian Recorder, at the Temple of Love, and posted on the usual bulletin boards throughout the Commonwealth.

"Though every person who lives, works or visits the Commonwealth of Cordor is welcome to visit and talk with me in the Temple of Love, I am glad to have had the opportunity recently to spend more time out and about and speaking with the people of our fair city on the streets, in their businesses and in their homes, to learn what it is that they want and what changes would best promote their welfare.

I applaud the fact that Dr. Ignoma has finally taken some time from his busy schedule to issue a statement and to give us his insight on issues that are at the forefront of our minds as the election draws nearer.

I am glad to see that Dr. Ignoma agrees with me on the importance of addressing the problems associated with Cordor's sewer system. The infestations of undead and other undesirables lurking beneath our streets have been touched on in many of my conversations with the good folk of Cordor, and I reiterate my firm resolve to address this pressing concern.

Dr. Ignoma's statement also clearly echoes my acknowledgement of the importance of his hospice in providing care to our friends and neighbours. I have said before that his health care methods will definitely be reviewed and their city-wide application seriously considered! We shall not discard that which is safe and effective and of benefit to us!

Let me remind you good people that, while Dr. Ignoma pursues a noble calling and his daring new methods are without doubt on the cutting edge, it is important to ensure that tried and true methods of health care remain available, as not all treatments will suit all cases. While his tinctures have no doubt eased the passing of many, let us not neglect other means with which to maintain the health and well-being of our loved ones.

Good health, it goes without saying, is of vital importance. However, it is not the only thing that makes life worth living. The availability of food, housing, work and opportunities for recreation turn a good life into a full life. It is my goal to see that the various Ministries of the Commonwealth, its temples, social groups and extra-governmental organizations such as Sympathy for South Cordor continue to work together to make our city, not just a safe and healthy place to live, but a better place to live."

The Cobbit

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 15 2011, 18:06 PM 

Player

Several more handmade political signs pop up, most notably about the South district with such slogans as:

Sailors of the South: Support Xaviera!

X Marks The Spot

Dock The Vote!

Ignoma Definitely Does Not Stink Horribly *Hastily scrawled on the reverse side of one particular sign, positioned so that the original text of "Ignoma Stinks" is against the wall of a nearby building.*

But seriously, mateys, Xaviera knows the people and knows what they need. There's nobody more in touch with the good folk of South Cordor. Xaviera has a proven track record for taking care and providing relief to the inhabitants of this district, and Cordor needs a Minister with her kind of compassion, energy, and determination. A vote for Xaviera is a vote for Cordor. Also, Ignoma stinks. *A set of stylized purple lips obscures the last bit.*

The old one-eyed sailor placing up these signboards can also be seen campaigning about the docks, shaking hands and talking it up with many a docksman. He even hops aboard several rides on Cordor's ever-present gondolas, to chat up Xaviera's reputation among the gondoliers.

Last edited by The Cobbit on Tue, Mar 15 2011, 19:57 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 15 2011, 18:44 PM 

Player

Captain Tarvencia is seen patrolling the streets and acknowledging these political signs and notices. She seems to be ensuring they remain free of vandalism during the campaign as she passes by on her beat.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 15 2011, 19:36 PM 

Player

After some of the posters have been up for a day or two, Xaviera herself would be seen placing tasteful smudges of purple paint on some of them, usually in the form of a pair of lips (if the text is not too large), but only to the extent needed to cover the words "Ignoma stinks".

If asked, she would say that she considers it inappropriate to be insulting to another candidate and doesn't want to be seen as endorsing such behaviour.

If questioned by the guard, she gives the same reply, but adds that she is attempting to contact Capt. Tarvencia and the parties responsible for the posters.

Yossarin

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 16 2011, 6:53 AM 

Player

Men and women from the Bureau of the Census begin making their visitations to the listed addresses of all the approved Citizens of the Commonwealth of Cordor. All are cordial and do not invite themselves into the home, but simply ask a few questions intended to establish the user's knowledge (verifying that they are at least aware of the fact that election for the position of Minister of Health and Public Welfare is occurring!), and if they understand that the only two candidates are Dr. Ignoma and Xaviera Xuider-Xee (referred to often as Citizen Xee).

Finally, they ask to see a copy of the Certificate of Citizenship, check a box, and then ask the name of the candidate for whom the citizen would like to vote.

With the information collected, the clerks of the Bureau of the Census continue on. Their activities cease every afternoon at five bells and begins the next day at 12 bells of the afternoon, the rest of the office hours used presumably to verify votes and record information.

// If you are an approved citizen of the Commonwealth (those of you who are know that you are!) you may send me a PM with the name of the person you are voting for. It will be taken heavily into account in addition to the NPC populace, whose percentages I already know based upon the contents of this thread (plus a few other minor little things that people have done).

Xaviera

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 21 2011, 14:13 PM 

Player

Signs appear here and there throughout the Commonwealth of Cordor as people are called upon to vote in the upcoming elections. The placards are not too large, not too small, and not particularly ostentatious, and appear on buildings, small patches of grass and the occasional tree (with the owner's permission where necessary). Typically in clear lettering with a purplish tint and the symbol of a pair of purple lips, some* of them read as follows:

A Friend of south Cordor!
Vote Xaviera Xee for Minister of Health & Public Welfare
[south Cordor near Sympathy for South Cordor's office]

Put yourself in my hands!
[Cordor main square]

Let a professional help you!
[west Cordor outside the arena]

* these are present in game in the listed locations when I'm on to put them up

Charles1810

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2011, 17:46 PM 

Player

Belalad can be seen on his patrols double checking these signs to make sure they are not being damaged or defaced.

((Please take note if you PM me and you are ignored resend to me in 1-3days, it is likely due to not realizing I got mail))

Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 25 2011, 16:57 PM 

Player

Nevaeh also seems to check on these political signs, to assure that they aren't vandalized or removed, though the one or two oppositional signs around receive the same treatment. The only difference is that the Captain seems to be reading the signs in support of Citizen Xee, and nodding in approval.

Elorathall

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 30 2011, 10:01 AM 

Player

A snippet from a conversation between Elor and one of the cityfolk..
"... It's the lackof good Xavi that's the cause of these problems. In the opinion of this bard, the absence of Xavi in the city hall is what's getting these unfortunates hurt and even killed. If the people of Cordor would throw their votes the right way and invest in the Xavi infrastructure of our city, we wouldn't have undead crawling around our sewers and out of our outhouses. ... "

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 30 2011, 15:45 PM 

Player

*A Hin wearing a tattered cloak and black leather tabard is heard commenting as the bard does his thing.*
"Nevermind the creepers trying to grope your rear when sitting on the privy. If this 'Xavi Infrastructure' means there will be an upswing in nice looking ladies prancing about nearly nude, I believe she may win the vote on virtue of that alone."

Dwagin

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 30 2011, 18:15 PM 

Player

Three hand scrawled posters were placed. One in the South Merchant district, One in the West district near the Fine foods market, and the last near the Commonwealth Center on a lantern-post. This would be done by a tall being, in long flowing robes of simple bleached cotton, and hooded cloak, sometime in the middle of the night.

"There was a time when I was involved with Citizen Xee, romantically. She and I may have wed if things had gone differently, we were very close. Yet, due to the mental torture I endured..when I was at my worst injured of the mind... when I needed help.. to the point I nearly was begging for death, Xaviera abandoned me. She doesn't have the stomach for pain, her heart is too kind to handle it.. Violence and gore overwhelms her. In times of utmost need she will not be what the Commonwealth needs. If a disaster were to happen again, she very well might freeze, or lose control of her emotions.

The pragmatic choice, with experience, knowhow, of dealing with the horrors of injury and illness.. someone use to the troubles of operation, blood, and gore, and disease such as a surgeon... I urge the citizens to vote for Dr. Ignoma. When it is you and your children's lives on the line... do you wish to vote one who will abandon you if the going gets too tough? Do not let the good doctor, who has served well be supplanted by publicity, be overlooked. Vote for who will do the job, not who is more popular! Xaviera has done good, helped many.. but she is not the right choice. Not for this...

*Splotch of black ink! Obscuring a portion of the writing as it dried with a few runs dribbling below.* She abandoned me in the face of adversity.. what do you think would happen if she felt overwhelmed for people she did not have such a close relation to? Think hard, vote with your mind, it is not a slight against her for the good she has done, but you must also have the right man for the job. Vote with your mind, not your heart... and if you have already... Ask to change your vote, before it's too late..

There is more I would say, but I can not.. not here.. it isn't safe for me..there are still those who would...silence the speech of those they disagree with."

-Rras-rarri

-Extraordinarily ordinary in the mostest of ways.

Last edited by Dwagin on Wed, Mar 30 2011, 19:28 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Silent2001

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 30 2011, 18:54 PM 

Player

Gorthod would inspect one of Rras' posts with a smirk.

"Nice to see my advice is being taken to heart." He murmurs mostly to himself, before wandering on.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 30 2011, 21:02 PM 

Player

Quote:
There is more I would say, but I can not.. not here.. it isn't safe for me..there are still those who would...silence the speech of those they disagree with."

-Rras-rarri - Kidnapped a child, murdered it, and returned the corpse to Ceyren's Mill. Is a red dragon, a murderous monster. Speak to Robert of Caraigh

Vandalism.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 30 2011, 21:09 PM 

Player

Xaviera, on her regular walkabouts around town, spots Rras's posters and stops short. She doesnt tear them down, but considers them at length before making a few notes upon a waxed tablet she carries with her prior to walking away with a thoughtful expression.

Grymia

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 30 2011, 22:19 PM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
Quote:

-Rras-rarri - Kidnapped a child, murdered it, and returned the corpse to Ceyren's Mill. Is a red dragon, a murderous monster. Speak to Robert of Caraigh

Also Responsible for condeming a man to Vampiric Thralldom during the Morteguard Conflict

Further Vandalism as shown by an Elf in Blue and Gold armour.

Dwagin

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 30 2011, 23:44 PM 

Player

Quote:

Also Responsible for condeming a man to Vampiric Thralldom during the Morteguard Conflict

[Added in the remaining space on the posters, the following was scrawled in!]

I will allow this defacement and lies to stand as testament and proof of the games of the Anti-democratic terrorists, selfish-adventurers, expatriated nobles, and Harpers which undoubtedly are trying to influence your election with Citizen Xee. These forces seek to undermine the will of the Commonwealth, keep you from knowing the truth in your candidates. Let it be no mistake that this -BARON- Robert of Caraigh's claim is without witness. This Baron whom entered and usurped rule in Caraigh from foreign lands of Cormyr without the request of the people. This Noble who has not only admitted his bias due to one's birth. In his eyes, if you are not born a noble you are a lesser being. This Baron, who has known to twist the truth to his own favor on more than one occasion... seeks a scapegoat to deflect his failure to protect his people. Where have we heard this before?.. The entire story of the conspiracy lacing this election, and more that they don't wish you to know has been given to none other than the mouthpiece of the common-man; the Amian Recorder.

-Extraordinarily ordinary in the mostest of ways.

Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 31 2011, 0:34 AM 

Player

These notices go unnoticed by Nevaeh until she leaves the Watch House a couple hours after the normal workday has ended. A recent trend of her schedule, had anyone been paying attention. As she walks the the market for her weekly groceries, she pauses to read this recent notice and shakes her head. Out of uniform and off duty, Nevaeh sits and talks for a while in the Southern Market with some of the citizens and shopkeepers. As she speaks, it's evident that she... gradually starts losing her composure and speaking more plainly, personally, than she expected to. It shows in her body language and tone-- the pauses she takes come naturally, as do the words...

"I wish I could say I'm surprised Rras-Rarri is opening old wounds from several years ago to try and ruin Xaviera's chances, much less making it personal why he thinks that she can't handle it. People grow from times when we struggle and we gain experience from those times. I don't imagine it's so one-sided. The pain. Seeing someone we love suffer and feeling helpless. At the same time, and speaking from experience, it can be one of the most motivating things to have experienced it first hand, and then to strive to make sure it never happens again. Not to you, and not to anyone else.

I know Xaviera understands pain. She's told me so many times that it is a part of life, and that pleasure cannot exist without pain. It makes us appreciate the things we have, and want to seek out more good things and find ways to cope with the bad. She has a kind heart, but it's strong, it's loving, it's caring and it perseveres. She isn't a stranger to pain, sorrow and loss, and if she has made mistakes in the past, as we all have, she's learned. There is no one that can teach character and compassion and understanding. A warm heart that can be trusted is a cherished thing. I'm sure you all know what you have when you find someone like that.

Several times I've confided in Xaviera with problems of mine. Distressing things, times of mourning and times when I've had far more than physical pain. It didn't matter the time, or what was happening, or even if I came in several times to talk to her about the same thing over and over... she treated me with the same compassion, patience, and helpful nature every time.

I want you all to look at what Rras-Rarri's saying with the same discrimination as you do everything else. Not just because he is opening old wounds that I know touch your hearts and remind you of past wrongs. We need to keep moving forward and not dwell on the past pains. I think it's apt to say that if we dwell so much on past pain, we'll never find any joy. I struggle with holding that same grudge with things close to my heart. One of them is what Rras-Rarri has done and what he keeps denying and manipulating, and turning that lens away from him.

If we're going to damn people for past actions of being selfish, manipulative and lording superiority over others, lets at least do it evenly unless we all find ourselves hypocrites. The same things that Rras-Rarri preaches against-- while it's... not even relevant to what Xaviera has done for us, and who she is-- he's done himself, and by nature and choice.

When the Commonwealth was young, I remember we noticed this tendency. When we started looking at the nature of people based on their tendencies, and we categorized it by race. We petitioned to have dragonkin removed based on tendencies we identified-- craving power, superior haughtiness, being manipulative, greed, inclination towards violence and oppression. It went to council and it was never passed, in spite of the many of you that signed it. You signed it for a reason, didn't you? You all were smart enough to make the connection to the behavior you hate so much and found, and still find, unforgivable.

I've watched Rras-Rarri do good things and horrible things, that most people just talk about and we join in pointing fingers at, and then have them pointed back at us. I'm tired of that game, when I know what happened and I know how it affected me and others. For a long time, I didn't know what to think of Rras-Rarri. Maybe he was trying to help, maybe he was trying to fight back the red dragon nature we all know about. Maybe I could believe him when he said he was trying to do what others couldn't for the sake of everyone else. I doubted my intuition that said those thoughts were wrong. That he was who he said he was. That I could trust him.

... And I'll never forget the children whose names I never got to know who died because of the trust I had in him and what he was saying, when the vampires attacked and they were kidnapping kids from our city and from other cities. I'll never forget watching my friends and companions die and suffer, when I saw that we'd all been betrayed and manipulated to have sympathy and faith in him. He's belittled me for holding that grudge, and for not having an open and trusting heart to him anymore. I remember that he hurt this community and many more like ours, and he tries his best to have us all forget the fact. And when the truth is said, the ones who say it are slandered, and old personal wounds are brought up again to attack that person, as if it diminishes the value of what had just been said. We all have made mistakes, and it's inevitable, but we try to avoid, or at least learn from the horrible, terrible ones.

I've said more than I thought I would about this. Do me a favor and think about all of this, in context, and not just what is in the media and rumors? I want Cordor to be a safe and informed city, and no one can see to that by themselves..."

After speaking and collecting her groceries, Nevaeh took a breath to compose herself and left the market...

Yossarin

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 31 2011, 3:51 AM 

Player

The people of Cordor gather around the public noticeboards as Rras' condemnation of someone who appears to be a crowd favorite makes the buzz. They don't seem particularly angry about what they're reading, but rather, mesmerized, as though some public war of eloquent titans is occurring and marking some historical moment in Cordor that they cannot afford to miss.

Overheard as they gather:

"I already cast my vote for Xaviera. I think that after what that damn wizard Reyes did, provoking Talos out of damnable hubris, this city needs to be more reverent to the gods. Dr. Ignoma has no faith, to my knowledge, and Xaviera is a local spiritual leader!"

"Haha, yeah, she's a spiritual leader, alright. Every time she walks by I get a rise!"
"Damn straight!"

"Hey, is that Rras there?"
"No, that's just an adventurer in a cowl. They all look like that these days. Stay away from him, he's probably trouble."
"Who, Rras or that adventurer?"
"Maybe both. Heard some government officials saw this Rras fellow the other day holding a baby like it was in a lunch basket."

"Did you hear? Rras was in the government building, carrying a baby in a lunch basket..."
"So the rumors were true! Dragons do eat babies!"
"Babies must be brain food, 'cause I think Rras is pretty smart. I think he's onto something here. Xaviera used to be an adventurer, I know that, and a lot of those Harpers Hurst pointed out kinda are, too...I mean, Neveah heads the adventuring division, right...? The connections are really easy to draw if you have half a brain."
"Oh, don't buy that crap."
"Why not?"
"Rras is just on Ignoma's payroll, I guarantee it. Come on, the guy killed that vampire noble and revealed the Harper scheming. If you were running for public office, you'd pay to have him endorse you, too, wouldn't you?"
"Yeah, I didn't think of that...maybe I should vote for Ignoma, if a hero like Rras is supporting him..."

"Haha, Xaviera is a dragon-fucker!"
"But of course! By now her nethers are so wide a dragon's all what can please her! Hur hur hur!"
"And Rras is a lucky son of a bitch if he was involved with her. That's why I voted for her. She's just...I mean, look at her and look at Ignoma. Who do you want to look at addressing the public more often, hmmm?"

The public's general attitude is one of amusement at the back and forth election news, an amusement that goes past sundown and turns into wild tavern stories overnight, becoming the talk of the town.

A heavyset man with a mustache races in the dark down Little Bridge Lane after leaving the Nomad's Return, belching through his beer and potstickers. He closes the door of the office next to the ACTF building and, through the night, a light is on in the window, and the sounds of heavy machinery pounding away.

The following morning, every snappy, witty, mean or thoughtful retort or act of literary vandalism is captured and reprinted in an edition of the Amian Recorder, and sold to a public consumed by a voracious appetite for this political entertainment.

Sold for 2gp per copy, with the tagline, "Own a piece of history! Bill Hurst presents the UNFOLDING DRAMA surrounding the Commonwealth of Cordor's first-ever public election! Be in the know! And make sure your children, and your children's children, and your children's children's children can all look back and see what took place TODAY!"

By lunchtime, it is rumored that more people bought newspapers than bought breakfast....

Xaviera

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 31 2011, 4:33 AM 

Player

Various other jokes are heard in taverns and on street corners as people amuse themselves while awaiting the next development.

"What's the difference between Ignoma and Xee?"
"Ignoma gives you a prick, and Xaviera takes it."

"The election is a sham and the Commonwealth Council is just gonna screw us."
"We should elect Xaviera, then - at least it'll be done by a professional!"

"I think Xaviera should be elected to represent us on Council."
"Why is that?"
"She's used to dealing with a lot of big dicks."
"Yeah. Collin Reyes took on a seagull and lost. Xaviera took on a dragon and she's not even walking bowlegged."

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 31 2011, 6:44 AM 

Player

"I think Xaviera should be elected to represent us on Council."
"Why is that?"
"She's used to dealing with a lot of big dicks."
"Yeah. Collin Reyes took on a seagull and lost. Xaviera took on a dragon and she's not even walking bowlegged."
"Of course not! She's got legs for miles! Besides, she is one of those cleric types. Likely healed herself up after she took that Dragon to bed."

DolphinRacer

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 31 2011, 20:42 PM 

Player

Overhearing all of the jokes and rumors circulating Taelar just shakes his head with a heavy sigh.

People are more interested in making crude jokes than in actually investing in the future of their city. Too busy spreading conflicting rumors and histories and beliefs to focus on the true conflict.

If anyone approached him inquiring into his opinion on the recent postings or humor, he wouldn't share one beyond informing them to vote as they see most fit.

Kira "Penny" Sigers
Better than Boulderdash!

Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 02 2011, 14:24 PM 

Player

Some scarce evenings in Cordor, and with more evenings on the Triumvir, a woman sits by herself and drinks.

Lutra

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 02 2011, 20:38 PM 

Player

*A certain Kohlingenite is watching the events with interest, however, he decides not to interfere in the events.*

Charles1810

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 02 2011, 21:09 PM 

Player

Belalad seems to pay no mind to the rumors, but does continue keeping an eye on the signs.

((Please take note if you PM me and you are ignored resend to me in 1-3days, it is likely due to not realizing I got mail))

Esprey

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 03 2011, 12:42 PM 

Player

A certain Hin sorceress stops by to listen to all the hub-bub, disappointed by the slanderous remarks, and rather irrelevant character defamation.

"Xavi, Xavi dear... ~sighs~"

She walks away tapping her stave lightly on the cobbled stone as she walks, circulating a few new jokes amongst the people. Changing a few slogans about.. and other mischief to give her a buzz.

"Xaviera Xuider Xee, put her into your hands!"

"What do you get a council that has everything in their departments?"
"A good woman to show them how to use it. Xavier Xuider-Xee for Public Health"

"Temple of Love, ran like a well lubricated device by Xaviera Xuider-Xee, let her have a firmer grip on your Cordorian politics and make it a better fit for tomorrow!"

If anyone were to stop and seriously ask the Hin, she would tell them with bouncy enthusiasm that Xavi is one of the most dependable, caring and intelligent people there are, despite her somewhat oft scandalous image, and notoriety, she is one of the best people she knows, and herself Roim Underbrook is proud to count her as a great friend.

All other characters shelved due to burn out..

Yossarin

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 07 2011, 8:28 AM 

Player

This morning, as the bells atop the Commonwealth Center chime 10 times, Chief Clerk Franton exits the government building with a retinue of familiar faces: those clerks belonging to the Bureau of the Census, who have been dedicating hours and hours of their days gathering and compiling votes.

He turned his heavy-lidded eyes around boredly, the look of a man who should have been retired by now, and after the Mikey has screamed for public attention (including some choice obscenities, just to guarantee he gets everyone's attention), Franton addresses the crowd.

"Well, since no other damned clerk wanted to do any public speaking this morning," he begins, with a grim eye cast at the Bureau, "the task falls to me. I'll keep it short and sweet because I really, really, really need to get back to my appointment book and the very important task of keeping a schedule for everyone. Yes, that was sarcasm."

"The Bureau of the Census has finished taking all votes for the election to name the new Minister of Health and Public Welfare. The Bureau simply needs a few more hours to finalize the numbers and double-check Citizenship records and we will announce your new Minister. Citizen Xee, Doctor Ignoma, wherever you are, the Ministry of Finance regrets to inform you that the city cannot budget a formal coronation for your rise to office, so if you would like to celebrate your victory, we encourage you to put your campaign team to work on it."

"Thank you for your time, ladies and gentleman. That is all."

Franton returns to his duties, the Bureau of the Census shuffling along behind him with some timidity.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 07 2011, 13:24 PM 

Player

Xaviera, passing through the square a little later, stops to give Mikey a coin as he hollers his message about the Temple of Love at the top of his lungs (as he often does when he sees her coming, anticipating exactly this reaction). He acquaints her with Clerk Franton's announcement to the square earlier in the day, for which she rewards him with a great hug and a handful of coins.

Yossarin

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 07 2011, 16:17 PM 

Player

A very large banner is unfurled from the lower left hand windows of the face of the Commonwealth Center, the windows belonging to the offices of the Ministry of Health and Public Welfare. The fabric flaps in the breeze, announcing:

Congratulations, Citizen Xee!

Several clerks from that Ministry use the excuse to take a very long lunch from work and visit the Temple of Love for baths, manicures, massages, ogling the locals, and to try to get close to Xaviera to personally congratulate her, shake her hand, tell her how pleased they are to be working for her, attempt to make meetings with her to pitch their plans, ask her about changes she wants to make, to curry her favor, to express their expectations of her as a leader, or just to find out if she's single.

A letter does arrive later in the day from the offices of Dr. Karse Ignoma.

Congratulations on your victory in the election, Citizen Xee. I hope we can work well together in spite of having been pitted against one another in this election. I must admit that holding public office would be a distraction from my Immunization project, which is ready for your approval, should you see fit.

Dr. Ignoma

dayfer

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 07 2011, 16:22 PM 

Player

A Dwarf hears of the news and shakes his head, glad he isn't resident of the city

"Electin' a whore over a feckin' docter fer a health job? bloody idiots"

Yossarin

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 07 2011, 16:26 PM 

Player

In addition, a Law Knight announcing himself quietly to Xaviera as Sir Apollo arrives at the Temple of Love, and explains that he is currently the head of her security detail. Which means he plans himself some distance from her, watching her like a hawk and trying to seem as unobtrusive in the celebration as possible.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 07 2011, 16:38 PM 

Player

"Heh! Way to go legs-for-miles! Now if only I could nab those citizens papers I'm owed... I definitely need to get that job with the census folks if only for the chance to find legitimate excuses to go knock on the Temple of Love and gawk."
*Eli talks to himself as he sees the news after waking up and heading outside to the Square.*

P Three

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 07 2011, 16:48 PM 

DM

Nelene, for her part, sends Xavi chocolate.

Because who doesn't like chocolate?

A bought card that gives congratulations is signed by her, and the rest of her family. Most of it is messy Kid-Scrawl.

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 07 2011, 16:59 PM 

Player

A darkly shrouded figure walks past the banner and, without pausing, nods very slightly in approval as he continues on his way.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Xaviera

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 07 2011, 19:25 PM 

Player

Xaviera, receiving the news at the Temple, appears initially somewhat shocked but quickly recovers her outward composure. She accepts thanks from well-wishers and future colleagues and subordinates with a polite smile, though at times it seems perhaps a bit strained. As soon as she has the opportunity, she makes a point to light candles and incense in front of every idol in the Temple, pausing to offer prayers to each. Sharess, naturally, receives the greatest attention, and in fact she remains closeted in the Shrine of the Lustful Maiden with the door closed for a good half hour.

She also takes some time to get to know Sir Apollo, filling him in on her daily routine and that of the Temple in general, her general guidelines for who is and is not permitted in the Temple and the sort of behaviour that is tolerated therein, as well as making polite inquiries about himself, his family, his interests and aspirations.

Later, in her office, she pens a letter to Dr. Ignoma,

Quote:
Dear Dr. Ignoma,

I regret that I was unable to make arrangements to meet with you during the campaign, however I remain very interested in hearing about your project and I hope to hear the details from you at some time that would be convenient for you. Please do not hesitate to let me know when you would be available to meet.

Yours sincerely,

~ Xaviera Xuider-Xee

She drafts another letter to the Commonwealth Council, care of Joseph Maximillian, with copies to Clerk Franton and Elijah Cromwell,

Quote:
Dear Councillor Maximillian,

I have recently been informed of the election results and I am pleased to place myself at the service of the Commonwealth Council and the citizens of Cordor. I look forward to meeting with you and your colleagues so that we may discuss how I can best assist the Council in the capacity of Minister of Health and Public Welfare and so that I may become acquainted with my new duties and responsibilities. Please advise me when would be convenient for us to meet.

With respect,

~ Xaviera Xuider-Xee

She then requests a massage from Lila the Sunite and takes a relaxing bath in the company of her friends while planning her next moves.

Elorathall

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 07 2011, 19:38 PM 

Player

Elor makes sure to congratulate Xavi in person.
"Hurray! I feel healthier already!"

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"

Kudark

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 07 2011, 20:23 PM 

Player

Hearing this news, and after hearing other news, Crow is somewhat relieved to know the doctor was not elected.

Chizbo1

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 08 2011, 2:09 AM 

Player

For the next day or so, Lila can be seen pampering Xavi, as well as helping her with anything she needs to get done during the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Siggy by Maryn

Charles1810

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 08 2011, 8:48 AM 

Player

Belalad is seen more uptight often stopping in the Temple of love three to five times a day. Often asking if Xavi not about if anyone knows where she is at. Clearly he is worried when he asks in his tone of speech, perhaps from past events.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 15 2011, 23:06 PM 

Player

Xaviera, when not in the Temple, is likely to be found here and there about town, though she has been seen limping around Ceyren's Mill on a few occasions recently, having taken a few bashes during the various surprise attacks.

When in Cordor, she would be usually be accompanied by Sir Apollo the Law Knight, at least during daylight hours. She would visit the Commonwealth Hall to speak to Clerk Franton for general information, to arrange a tour of the various government buildings, and to coordinate meeting with the various council members (all together and individually as well, to find out about the Council's upcoming plans for the city) and to find out where her office is located (if she has one). She would request access to any documents regarding the ex-Minister Johnathin Leohnard's plans and responsibilities that might still exist in his office or in the official records in order to review the current situation.

She would seek to introduce herself to senior staff in the various offices, ask what they do and generally inquire in polite and friendly fashion into the workings of the government, batting her eyelashes here and there as necessary. She would ask junior clerks for a tour of the records themselves and generally go poking about in back rooms, smiling disarmingly and chatting with anyone who approaches her.

She would meet with Meursault and members of Sympathy for South Cordor, inquiring as to the status of the organization's coffers and what (if any) plans they have for the city in general. Now that a lot of southerners have moved to the west, presumably they have interests there as well, into which Xavi would inquire. She would continue to speak with merchants, shopkeepers and citizens around town as well for insight into their concerns.

Finally, she would also want to meet with her erstwhile opponent, Dr. Ignoma, inquiring about his researches and his ideas for looking after the health of Cordor's citizens, in particular his immunization project. She also inquires of the Ministry clerks as to whether he (still) holds any official position within the government and requests a list of her immediate subordinates so that she might arrange meetings with them as well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]