View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Xaviera

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 11 2014, 15:07 PM 

Player

This Being A Record of Certain Speeches Made in Advance of the Attack upon the Mage Collin Reyes

Nadya Simmons, of Kohlingen:
We stand here today, people of different origins, of different nations. But despite our differences, we stand here today as Amians. Each of us here stands here for a reason, be it oath or personal need. Cordorians, Kohlingers, Wharftowners, Adventurers, Wiltunians. Each of us coming from different origins, different pasts. We all stand here today, for one cause. We stand here, because we are all people of Amia. We stand here, because we will not let the mad obsessions or tyranny of outsiders take over our homes. This place, these islands... they are Amia. They are our home. OUR home. And we stand here today, ready to defend that home. I stand here today, as the First Knight of Kohlingen, as a former Guardsman of Cordor, as a woman who considers Amia her home...And I will stand, I will fight, for our home. And I doubt I am alone. And those who stand with me, stand for our home, stand for our ideals. I would ask you all to lend your ears and your respect, to the hard-working people who have led us here, today.

Ser Robert, of Kohlingen:
Proud sons and daughters of Amia. I know what you are feeling. Many men have felt the same before you. I have felt it a hundred times myself. Your breath is coming faster. Your mouth has turned dry. A knot of fear coils in your belly. Cold and black. You yearn to be a hero, to make your people proud. Yet you fear you might be a craven. Many men, both young and old, feel the same way on the eve of battle. There is no shame in fear, unless you let yourself succumb to it. We all taste terror in our time. Kelemvor comes for all of us, but we need not rush into his arms. What ever might befall you on the field of battle, it has happened before. Nothing is more terrible, nothing more glorious, and nothing more absurd as what is ahead of us. You may retch. There is no dishonor in it, and you would not be alone. If you drop your sword or shield, pick it up and go on fighting. Others have done so before you. But few others ever before us had the opportunity we have this day. We will lift our blades to defend everything we have sworn ourselves to. We fight for the men, women and children under our protection. For our nations, for our very gods. The courage of one can change the fate of the many. We have stood against all they have thrown against us. We defied them over and over again, obtaining victory where there was only defeat. Hate your foe if you must. Love him if you can. But bring down your sword, and bring it down hard! Today we we will bring upon our foe a divine retribution for all those who have sacraficed themselves, that only the heavens themself could rival!

Xaviera Xee, of Cordor:
People of Amia... This operation has been named "Last Stand". Rather pessimistically, I think, but perhaps not inappropriately. Whatver happens here today, though, we are fighting for the world, if not the multiverse. For if we fail - if Reyes wins - even the gods may bow before him. We who stand here today have the privilege - the duty - of being, in effect, the guardians of, not only this city, or this island, or even the world, but perhaps the fabric of the universe. What we do here today may be, in a sense, the end of time. In a way, we fight alongside the gods themselves, and we may never be closer to their equals than today. Our sacrifices may well determine the afterlives we go to, and whether or not we will be slaves even in death. If there is a reason to fight today, it is not only for each other, for our homes, for our beliefs and our ideals. We fight today to shape, not only our present and our future, but also our Eternity. There can be nothing more important than this. I pray that the gods themselves will stand beside us, and that we shall win through. Bless us all.

Balorin Wolfhammer:
Fer the mordisammar and the glory o' the clans.

Ulrik Valis, of Kohlingen:
I am not going to give a grand speech.

Marek Umb'rynox:
What more need be said than "stay live. Fight to the last. For Amia. For everything"?

Andrew Fryar, of Cordor:
Sons and Daughters of the Commonwealth! Men of Kohlingen, Barak Runedar, the Shrine, and countless others who have assembled here today. We stand now united against a common foe. Whether men, women, Elven, my point is - today we all bleed as Amians. THis island has faced countless evils, and triumphed every time. What comes will be bloody. We've said our good byes. I have little more to add that has not been already said by my compatriots. So, I'll leave it at this. Thousands of innocent souls have already died for us. We cannot let their sacrifice go in vain. For Cordor and For Amia, we must press on through the bloody, and gritty end! Though some of us may perish, we will make every single one of them answer for every single death.

Reddok BloodAxe, of Barak Runedar:
I've made me speach to me kin. The only thin' I gotta say to ye folk is, there be dwarves prayin' fer our deeds, holdin' vigil to our gods fer the last two days. There be enemies to kill, failure is nay a option. Let's get to it!!

"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt
AmiaWiki mod (mostly inactive)

666WaysToHell

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 11 2014, 15:20 PM 

Player

As news of Reyes's defeat reached the Temple of the Triads' Light in Kohlingen, the Knight-Captain of the Silver Dragons let out an extending sigh of relief. She moved from her position near the three idols that dominate the centre of the room and smiled to herself.

Perhaps they knew. She thought to herself. It saves me from making a costly decision at the very least. she said with a chuckle. She bowed her head to Randolph, Kellinanah and Haulfest before she made her way into the Tritemple district to join her family in celebration.

Nivo

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 11 2014, 16:09 PM 

Player

*The following letter is sent to Dragonstone Keep, care of the court of the Justicar; to the Council of Cordor; to the Council of Barak Runedar; to the elven war camp; to the Commanders of the Lord's Alliance in Kohlingen; to the mayors of Bendir Dale and Wharftown; to the Great Druid of the Grove. Messengers in Kohlingen's livery also post copies on the main message boards of: Kohlingen, Cordor, Wharftown, and Bendir Dale, for the general populace to peruse. A single copy is submitted for posting in Barak Runedar. Additionally, one is directed to the Living City of Tarkuul. Though this one does not arrive by messenger.*

Quote:

People of Amia,

Yesterday, Collin Reyes, the would-be usurper of the gods, was cast down by the combined efforts of Kohlingen, Cordor, Barak Runedar, Wiltun, Tarkuul, and various adventurers too numerous to mention individually. With the defeat of the Magus, the Arcanum lies broken and defeated. Amnish war vessels are withdrawing from Amian waters and returning home.

Hostilities are at an end, and the war is over.

Through strength of will, skill of arms, and incredible ingenuity in the Art brought to bear by many, Collin Reyes was undone. Those who fought him faced the usurper in multiple timelines, testament to the dire reach of Reyes' ambitions. Yet in the end, his hubris was his undoing. A testament to the lesson taught to us by the folly of Karsus.

It is imperative that light is shed upon the fate of Collin Reyes, a criminal in the eyes of the entire Realm and the gods themselves. All who stood against him in the eleventh hour were themselves instruments of the divinities, the hands of their respective gods. With his defeat, the Divinities imposed upon him their final judgement: he is bound to fix the damages he has wrought upon the time-lines and upon the very fabric of reality itself, for all time. He who dared to tear asunder the fabric of reality and the threads of time, he who challenged the gods themselves and fell in his hubris, is now judged. He is bounded as the very Spirit of Time itself, his hubris in commanding such turned upon him. By the might of the gods, his sentence final and eternal, and was heralded by the sounding of the clock at the moment of his death.

Now is the time we rebuild, and forge for ourselves a future that is brighter and greater than anything the mad Usurper would have dreamed. To those who practice the Art, we must now look to the stain upon the very Weave, the tarnished honor of wizardry, and ensure that no such sins, no such crimes, and no such affronts to goodly and reasonable people are ever again conducted by those who are privileged to wield the Gift of Magic.

May we who practice the Art be forgiven by those who have lost so much, due to the desires of one madman and his errant cabal. May the light of reason and magic guide us in the days to come.

`Lord Ulrik Valis

With the dozens of copies sent forth from the Valis estate in Kohlingen, it was finally time for rest. For one magician who had fought against the machinations of the Magus for so long, for so many long years, it was an unaccustomed thing. He had raised a family in the specter of Collin Reyes' Rebirth. It had loomed before them for years. Much of what he had done, was done to prepare his home for what had now come to pass. But now?

It was over.

There would be a grave to visit. A farewell to speak. Doubtless celebrations to endure. Wounds to heal, and precious time lost to make up for. As for all the rest?

Time would tell.

Glim

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 11 2014, 17:42 PM 

Player

Bearing the official seals of Mherun and of the Enclave of Tarkuul itself, a proclamation like none other seen within Onyxtarashmus since the days of the Netherese Empire, is posted not only in Tarkuul itself, but sent to the City Hall of Kohlingen, the Town Hall of Bendir Dale and the temporary quarters of the Commonwealth Government in Cordor. Additional copies are sent to Alanna of Wharftown, the Guldorand Logging Company, Fortress Wiltun and even the far-off holdfast of the dwarves, Barak Runedar.

Citizens of the Amia and the Trackless Sea,

From the past do we draw our most poignant lessons, history proving the most apt teacher of them
all; it is from the lessons of the past that the threat Collin Reyes represented was fully realized. Yet
was it not to the future that we looked, each of us in or own way, that spoke of the necessity of
resistance. In the faces of our children, of loyal brothers and sisters in arms, of those we swore to
protect and in our own desires for the freedom to choose what path our lives shall take.

This day, in the Enclave of Tarkuul, shall be remembered as a Holy Day by its citizens and by history
itself, as it will be remembered across Faerun. For the joys of our continued freedom to choose our
own path, see to fruition our own potential - something which Reyes and his Arcanum sought to rob
us of - shall we celebrate on this day, and each year following. An invitation, to all those who
resisted Collin Reyes whether directly or even in name, is extended; join us in celebration two days
hence as we prepare a feast for you and give thanks to those who ensured our futures.

On this day do we also look to the future of the Enclave as a whole. Many have been the questions
of my return, of my renewed stewardship of this Enclave as its Magistrate, and our intentions for
the future. To some, our presence has been of a looming shadow, both an uncertainty of the
Enclave's true purpose, and a certainty that it be dark in nature. In light of this, and as my personal
assurance of our benevolent intent, I henceforth descend from the office of the Magistrate and
name another in my stead.

More than three years past, a wayward man entered this Enclave, uncertain and lacking in purpose,
searching for some strand of the potential he felt his future held. Beginning his journey within the
stacks of our library as so many do, he began to learn of this Enclave's history, to learn from the
lessons of the past. It was within our halls that he found his way to his true faith, the calling of the
priesthood that resonated to his core and showed him the potential of his life, his future. It was
within the freedom enjoyed by every visitor and resident of the Enclave that he began to forge a
place for himself here, a home, and to renew the faith of his Lord Jergal within our Enclave. Though
his journey has been long, and there is yet greater roads to travel, his loyalty to his Lord and to this
Enclave have been unwavering.

On this day do I appoint the Keeper of Tarkuul, First Scrivener Grim, to the office of Magistrate and
hold him to the duties and responsibilities of this title.

In honor of the victory over the would-be oppressor Collin Reyes - a victory in the name of freedom
- and in honor of Magistrate Grim's appointment - an appointment made possible by the freedom
enjoyed within this Enclave - do I grant such freedom to nine hundred and ninety-nine slaves
formerly held by the Illithids of Underport, the entirety of their stock.

These freemen and women will arrive to the Enclave two days hence, during the celebration and
thanks giving of Reyes' defeat and will be invited to partake of that bounty. From there may they
stay within the Enclave as its newest citizens, or be offered safe passage to any of the cities or
towns of the region, to which I ask as my final act as Magistrate that the governments of those
settlements make them welcome as their own.

We look now to the future, all of us, now that our future has been ensured. Homes will be rebuilt,
honored dead will be remembered in song and in heart, the countless lives they saved will be made
whole again, in time. Look now to your futures, not just yours but those of your fellows as well, and
forge ahead.

In gratitude,
~ Mherun Xilphas ~

// The celebration will take place Monday night, Pacific Time, somewhere between 5-9pm, give or take. Fairly fluid event, social gathering for the most part. All welcome to attend.

Grymia

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 11 2014, 17:47 PM 

Player

~... How long after the actions of the Arcanum have been finished will it be until this island denigrates into hostilities anew, betwixt it's own denizens? How much longer have we until the powers whom set their differences aside to do battle with the criminal known as Reyes shall bring violence to one another once again? What has been bought? A lasting peace or a brief respite from violence..... ~
Tuomas mused to himself as he walked upon the island, deeply thoughtful as his thoughts drifted amongst the island and it's various cities and towns, reflecting on that which has happened.

AzureLuna

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 11 2014, 19:09 PM 

Player

After the arduous battle Emilie stumbled onto the grass in the Amian frontier after being thrust from Colin Reyes Other Time. Her eyes scanned the crowd for Alanna and her brother Valerius, her Phoenixes having been neatly divided in half to defeat this particular foe. After reuniting with all of them they each expressed fear, gratitude, and uncertainty, and received unconditional reassurance in kind. It truly felt like family, especially when an illusionary fiery bird was again sent into the sky denoting their victory. The symbol was not just for their sake, but for the ones who paved the way and did not make it to see the day.

She looked for others in the crowd and awed at the scenes she saw as she dettached from the conversation of her friends. Ser Robert finally stepping down in an effort to live his life, Lord Ulrik doing very much the same. But then the mood among the warriors from the Holy City grew tense and bitter. Meanwhile, her group continued to jest in good spirits. The moment truly was like looking through the hourglass and seeing the ones who are putting an end to their grand adventures... when her comrades have only just begun.

"All cycles continue. The game never stops... the players may change, and the pieces are reset, but it's not the end. Not nearly."

---

The next morning she finds the notice from the Enclave of Tarkuul, and all she can manage is a soft sigh of relief.

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 11 2014, 21:02 PM 

Player

"It's OVER!"

---

With Reyes defeated and the Amnish fleet routed, Andrew couldn't help but consider all the work that still needed to be done to repair Cordor's infrastructure and make the transition from war time to peace time. At least, he could start with the easiest first. After sharing his birthday cake with a friend and a few hours of rest and relaxation, he dispatched mages to Kohlingen, Barak Runedar and Bendir Bay to assist with returning the evacuees home. He'd bring them home tomorrow.

Marigold Cobcruncher: Perceptive Priestess

Nick11689

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 12 2014, 2:25 AM 

Player

Cordor Central was brimming with the chants of mages as soldiers from all walks, leaders of armies, and brave adventurers set foot on the floating city. The speeches given before, his friends at his sides with weapons drawn and ready did nothing to ease the discomfort engulfing Marek.

Making their way through Central, the group stopped. Standing ahead in an enchanted circle was Collin Reyes, the very beast they'd all come to slay. Cries from Lord Avadon ringed out, urging Reyes to stop the madness... this also did nothing to ease the tension. No weapons were sheathed, Reyes didn't stand down, the chanting never ceased.

After a long standoff, the fight began. Hordes of soldiers ran towards this creature... not quite a god but certainly no longer a man either. Swords bounced off the beast, arrows howled through the air, spells erupted from every direction with seemingly no progress.

Then, after a few hits were scored, Reyes vanished. In his stead, terrible beasts came to cull the warriors. Cries for medics were heard as often as the clash of steel on flesh. Bodies fell at every angle, healers running to try and cultivate some advantage from the madness.

Back where the group had initially landed, a Centurion of Tarkuul was deep in the throws of a ritual. Marek stood in disbelief watching as Asya, not only a fierce soldier but a dear friend, kept in the deepest on concentrations as cries for help were shouted, as blood fell from so many wounds.

It went back and forth like that for what seemed an eternity; a few strikes landing on Reyes, his disappearance, and then more beasts flooding Central. It seemed as though the fight would never end. The warriors persisted, meeting the army of minions with everything they had. Finally, it seemed Asya's ritual was at the ready.

The fight found its way moving back towards the edge of the floating mass, blades swinging in at Reyes, a few hitting, a lot missing. Then in a blink, it happened. Blades pierced through the back of the beast, protruding from his chest, Asya reaching out towards Reyes, into his very soul, and then the strikes of the soldiers collided.

In his last moments, Reyes mocked the war band, seemingly comfortable in his new found position of half death. Marek stared on as the beast uttered his final words before fading away into sand, blowing away on the winds.
With his death, the barrier around Central fell... as did Central... as did everyone on the mass.

Without a word as to how, the warriors found themselves safe and standing on firm ground. Looks of confusion were traded for looks of hope, then all erupted into glorious cheering as Collin Reyes was finally killed. Beaten and bloody, Marek traded words of congratulations and hugs to those around him.

But nothing could ever shake the fear Marek would hold inside. Reyes' final words, the way he fell, it was hard not to think about everything that could be going wrong with the small amount of things that had gone right recently.

Hours after the battle, after having his wounds treated and assuring his friends were alive, Marek made his way to the nomad, renting out a room. He lay awake, staring at the ceiling for the entire night. Sleep would not find the elf, nor was the elf sure he was ready to go looking for it.

- "Fuck you, I'm from Waterdeep."

(OMGOSH OLIVE MADE A LIL' HEL'VYST)

Estara

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 12 2014, 15:28 PM 

Player

There was a certain blonde, absent from much of the battle aside from a fury of attacks upon Collin and his replicas themselves, who made no declarations besides encouragement and had no celebrations aside from a glass of whiskey. Not that anyone could see.

... But late at night, she would awake and imagine the starry sky invading her red-lit room... Reassuring her of a Godly presence, of something more powerful than blood and time and magic... And she would close her eyes, and sleep would take her in its arms like a long lost love.

Tick. Tock.

She would awake, startled. However, instead of staring at her new grandfather clock and envisioning trauma, there was only an image of a black-robed man stuck inside the hazy form of a primordial slave. She smiled slightly. A fitting end. She slipped out of bed to get her coffee and start on her morning paperwork. Perhaps Emilie would make The Commonwealth some art.

Murkoph

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 12 2014, 16:35 PM 

Player

Victory could be felt in many ways. For some there was nothing but happiness to see a time of blood and chaos end, for others there was perhaps nothing but despair and grief for the losses of a long war, and the crushing black depression of knowing that even if they'd lived through this; there was nothing ahead for them but months or maybe years of austerity and rebuilding from the losses and damages of war.

Tens of thousands lay dead in battle, as they would in many wars. Some losses are more abstract and felt as only as the weight of failed duty to protect, others would feel the sting as something far more personal. Many would be scarred by the happenings of this war for the rest of their lives, if not in body, then in spirit. Asya? One woman from a cold little backwater in the Frozenfar, over her short time in this war had done things she'd perhaps never dreamed of being possible.

She'd fought assassins at the bottom of seas; she'd seen thousands of slave soldiers driven into the oceans, fleeing flames from the sky dropped by her commands; consorted with secret societies, planning to fight an enemy too large to scratch with their numbers alone; been embraced by sworn enemies, who for only a moment looked upon her with sympathy rather than hatred; and in that final battle she had touched the soul of an abomination, a creature so far beyond her comprehension that the only thoughts could manage was of how she would give anything to see it dead, to protect those she would give anything for.

Three days after this battle, one morning before the sun rose; the pain of that moment was still steadily bleeding from her body. The icy chill bit to the bone as she lay in bed next to someone she loved, and would continue to be able to love because of what she'd done that day. Because of what had been torn from her, and because of what had been put back in its place, burning its very essence into her soul. She'd touched an abomination, a beast powered by blood and hubris, felt the fabric of his being more intimately and more completely perhaps than anyone had ever done before. The question was, was she any better?

Every gasp of air, every uttered chant from that day had been for this. A frozen future, the tightness across her skin from the ritual scarring. The feeling like her body had been filled with molten lead from the sheer exertion of that ritual. The fear of not knowing whether it would work or not, or whether she'd live long after. It was hard to work out if the shaking was from the phantom chill that only she could feel, or whether her body was wracked with sobbing from tears of...

Joy?

Life was short. Asya had only to turn to the one she was with right now, and it all seemed quite petty. Holding herself against another, their warmth was hers. Those years she may have given up were so little compared to the millions of lives which could be lived with that abomination gone. Everything she'd fought for, everything sacrificed, every atrocity witnessed, or lived through... Or even committed. After all that she'd be able to go to sleep with a dumb smile on her face, wrapped in the arms of another, to dream peacefully and drool on someone she loved.

To the nine hells with worrying. Time marches on at its own pace once more, and not a second of it was made of regrets.

Jannah Vindle - Mistress of Coin.

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 13 2014, 11:58 AM 

Player

The young ascetic roamed the ruins of Cordor in the early morning hours; the sweeping wind birthed from a nearby bay slapped her funny green hair up over her face, hiding the even funnier grin residing over her lips. She was quite a peculiar sight beyond the razed settlements that once held so much promise amidst the glorious City of Water. With purpose in her step and the glowing ki spilling from her vision, it seemed that the closure of this war had only granted her with a variant of inner peace and determination.

Although nearly everyone had invariably lost something in this time of devastation and chaos, she paid the thought of grievance no mind. Not for a moment did she stop to bow her head in prayer nor did she kneel to ask for recompense. She simply continued on her way, rewinding over and over in her head the things and the people she now wanted to live her life for as if the idea could never elate her enough. The lost little girl was no longer.

Maliana strode from the Eastern district towards the West, and didn't stop until she had reached the infamous portal nestled deep within the swamps of the Lowlands Delta. This was a big part of her new life, and essentially the place she could now call home. Home was never a concept she allowed herself to fully grasp, but she was willing now more than ever to try.

A robed man stood in the center of a field, the cocky expression on his face exemplified only by the parade of savages that surrounded him like an undying entourage; slicing open the midnight sky with their halberds and daggers, the mass culmination of barbaric soldiers orchestrated a terrifying screech that tattered the heavens even further. The harsh beam of the glorious moon and all of its stars began to dim one by one, each disappearing from the horizon as if plucked by the gods themselves. The bellowing cry continued, and as it did, the night sky faded into nothingness..

A startled gasp escaped her as her mind threw her abruptly into a steam of consciousness. Had it not been for the familiar set of arms wrapped snug around her frail frame, she may have thrown herself off of the bed entirely. Sloan peeked up through the mess of hair that sprawled over her face in slumber, grinning groggily at the sight of her drooling fiance. She turned her head gently to peek through the slats of their bedroom, spying her angel fast asleep with the dog wrapped up at the foot of his bed. Her nerves seemed to calm immediately, the malice thoughts and memories draining slowly from her psyche. With that she turned her head once more, resting it gently over the snoring tiefling's chest. It wasn't long before she was fast asleep once more, hanging onto a prayer of solace that would fall only upon deaf ears.

"We won tha fekken war, lads. Wiff barely ah scratch tah prove et. Good on yah." The hin grinned and slapped the backs of the West Cordor Militia men, offering to buy them a round of drinks before they returned home to their families. She nearly skipped into the Gentleman's Club, riding high off of the elation of Reyes finally being dead, and above all that, her home being one of the places to suffer least from the onslaught of this arcanum crusade. Blue mosied up to Tucker and dropped a sack of coin onto the bar, ordering up as much booze as she could.

While she waited for him to serve up all the drinks, her gaze wandered to a far wall which held nothing particularly special to look at. Naturally, thoughts began to invade her mind at all angles. She thought about all the men they had inevitably lost, the docks and harbors that lay in smokey ruin, the families that they planned to reconcile with a sum of money in return for their lost husbands, fathers, and brothers, never to return and celebrate like she was doing now.

A languid sigh erupted from her nostrils as she willed herself to focus on the brighter side of things. She still had her lads, her home, and most importantly her life. She was alive and breathing, and that was more than good enough to keep her spirits up. The corners of her mouth curled into a faint smirk as she thought back on all the good times she'd already had beside her unruly gang of misfits, and even all the good times yet to come.

Her gaze settled back on the bar as Tucker finished up the first round of drinks, and with that she hopped off her stool and made her way outside.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 13 2014, 23:04 PM 

Developer

It was over.

The struggle against Colin Reyes was finally over. Cordor would likely never be the same again after what had happened. A tale of rampant corruption, of how they had nursed the Arcanum within themselves for years, of how they turned to them for their glorious revolution, poisoning their government from within. The struggles, hopes, dreams, and efforts of many men, many working towards what they thought best though with different methods and reasons.

But after the war was over, all was said and done, the struggles, losses, and sacrifices of many, the people of Cordor could finally return home in mass and breathe a sigh of relief. They had won their independence, paid their price in blood, and ahead was the time of rebirth.

Cordor South had changed in many ways, they had come a long way and of the districts, took many losses in the lives of their fellows. But they were a headstrong, proudly independent. Many had taken boats to visit Moribund, to mourn the loss of their beloved who had bled for their freedom, but they were resolute, and eager to begin rebuilding soon. Many of their militia, having braved the horrible forces of Amn and more, laid down their weapons and once again took up the tools of their trade, eager to rebuild.
Though not until after some good nights at a tavern and a few brawls.

West Cordor had changed in many ways as well. During this conflict they had feuded bitterly with the rest of Cordor, in many cases opening into riots and open warfare. Yet because of the threats arrayed against all of Cordor, some of the ties had mended, though the underlying bitterness remained. There were also whispers in dark alleys, speculating on the fate of the old Secretary of Law, Jay Edgar Mover. Some believed that he was dead in the fighting, a fool to trust the Amnish. Some believed that his supporters were still there, and that he was out there and would one day, come to punish those who had defied him. Still, West had won it's independence through hard work and toil, and cherished it greatly.

Those from Central Cordor, once the most affluent of all of Cordor, were now little more than penniless refugees, having tried to keep their hoards of gold and lost it all. Many had little to celebrate, having lost friends, family, and their wealth. Their fellows in both West and East Cordor however, happily took in what refugees they could, their people ever thankful, and some keeping their spirits strong in the face of adversity, eager to rebuild the jewel of the trackless sea.

Structurally, East Cordor had suffered the most. The temple of Waukeen was gone, having moved to the market hall. The city hall was gone, but with it was perhaps the legacy of corruption that had taken the heart of the city. The following of Lathander was helpful in raising spirits, father Redweth and his following bringing hope where they could, and were eager to help build towards a new dawn.

For North Cordor, the farmers were happy to return to a time of peace and till their fields. Many who had joined the scouts returned to their families with tales of the horrors of war, and worked with their tools with renewed vigor. Structurally, they had taken little damage, though without the theater in Central Cordor, the festival grounds were a more common gathering place, of both festivities and general relaxation. Many of the performers who had survived Central Cordor came to calling the place their home, composing ballads of both the horrors of war and ones to praise the heroes who had fought for the Commonwealth.

There would be a period of mourning in Cordor, many had lost family, friends, and loved ones, and many would be exhausted from the war in which they gave it their all and broke many. There would be a time to rest, to help those with wounded minds, bodies, and souls to truly accept what had happened. And there would be a time to rebuild.

The sun rose upon the horizon of Cordor, many turned to look to it as they wondered what would come of the days ahead...

A kobold arose unsteadily, the day to fight Reyes had come, he looked over to the other kobolds he rested with, gave his regards to. But a definite worry came over him... he was the first to wake...

As he started to grab his gear, unsteady thoughts raced in his mind, this family, and how empty it would be without him... how they would cry if he did not return,.. he looked back and forth between his mate and the exit of the tent. This war had taken it's toll on the family, who oft had to endure Saylgarix leaving them to fight, uncertain if he'd ever return. He could tell, but he also wanted a world for them to live in. As day came, he closed his eyes, wiped a tear from his eyes, then tossed his equipment aside, and slid back into the cushion that he and Lulu had shared, wrapping his arms around her, closing his eyes, enjoying what time they had...

Forgive me captain... but I... I can't leave them...

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 14 2014, 9:33 AM 

Player

One man, despite the pivotal role he had played both in the direct melee against Reyes and in the war against Amn as one of Cordor's commanding officers, found himself unable to rest and unable to celebrate. Staying up in the commander's office of Cordor Barracks, out of his uniform and into plainclothes, Andrew Fryar was hard at work, drafting what he felt would likely be the most important letters of his entire life and, if the gods were good, his last act as acting commander of the Cordor STU. Behind him hung a banner of the Commonwealth. Practically since the Duchy had been overthrown, Andrew had been an ardent republican - a trait that had not changed at all, regardless of how he had seen the Commonwealth and his ideals twisted by wicked men. Yet, he reassured himself that any government system was prone to being twisted to evil if the people at the top were crooked. Look at Blackmore. The battle against Amn had done much to get the city at least united against the same enemy and, with Mover gone, the reason for hate between the two factions was removed.

What lie ahead of him was traversing a world arrayed against his city. Despite the war time alliance, he had no illusion that Kohlingen or its allies were friends. Within short order, Winya Ravana would likely withdraw to itself. The dwarves were staunch allies of Kohlingen. And ultimately, a friendship with Kohlingen would never be feasible. And a lengthy relationship with Tarkuul disgusted the Lathanderan bard, regardless of how affable people were. Andrew betted his luck that such might be workable with Wiltun, however and with the Shrine, and endeavored to pursue closer relations with those two groups. But, this wasn't why he was here. These letters weren't to dignitaries. These were to Cordorians. The Council of Ministers, the Tribunal (including General Godric, Gilbert and Jacho), Cooper, Dirk and Lawson and, interestingly enough, Montgomery d'Cordor. Andrew was a republican, yes, and a supporter of the Commonwealth. But he envisioned a Cordor closer to his youth, the City of Tolerance. A Cordor for all Cordorians. Despite their political differences, the Duchy were native-blood Cordorians, same as him. They had a right to this city as much as he did.

Though he fully intended to try and work with the duchy to bring them back in to Cordor, he had no intentions of relinquishing a republican form of government or the equal rights of commoners. He was sure they could come to some agreement. There was a lot to be done. After a peace-time government was cobbled together, rebuilding. And after rebuilding, reparations for the thousands of innocents his predecessor had murdered.

His mind flashed back to his wife's pleading that they leave Amia once Reyes and Amn were defeated, rather than getting embroiled in the no doubt hectic post-war Cordor political landscape. But, he couldn't do that. Like all sons and daughter of the Commonwealth, he had sins to answer for and wrongs to make right. In the days near the end of the war, standing alongside his brothers in the duchy, it had dawned on him that Cordor had to own up to its sins to move ahead. Perhaps she wouldn't understand that. It was easier to forget. She didn't wasn't a loyal patron of the Commonwealth from its first breath to where it was now. His sins were not her's. To forget was a comfort that a simple 'sorry' and 'I didn't know' could make up for an unprecedented amount of brutality and evil. To leave would be to turn his back on his duty and his integrity. They had to atone for the countless lives that had been lost because of their lack of vigilance. Serving had shown him that there was no shortage of honor and courage among the men and women of the Commonwealth. They were up to it.

The future meant trying to atone, perhaps a futile effort, for the thousands of lives lost under his nation's banner. Trying to make up for something many times greater than he was. At times, he would open the case they had built against Mover, and feel his stomach churn at the things that had happened just under their noses. There were times he pondered if all of them should submit to trial for the crimes of their government, as if their deaths would mean some kind of justice. Sometimes still, he would replay the night his wife had been arrested. Maybe he could've done something differently and brought the Ministry of Law down that much quicker.

A sound caught his ear, and he peered out his window. Down below, he spotted his daughter, Mira, play sword-fighting with some of the local southie kids as the militia he had served with worked to move back into their homes or invite the homeless to stay with him. He turned back to the letters before him, renewed in his purpose. Cordor had many sins to answer for - more than the bard would ever see made up in his lifetime. But, he had to press on, to forge a Commonwealth for all Cordorians to call home. Ironclad in its laws that protected its people from corruption, and fomented trade, prosperity and innovation. He knew he could never leave, that his was a weight he would spend his whole life carrying, until death took him. Until that day though, by Lathander's command of rebirth and renewal and for the sake of his children and all of his countrymen, he would work for a good and just Cordor.

Rigela

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 20 2014, 0:39 AM 

Player

Copies of the following announcement are sent across the isle – Throughout Kohlingen, Wharftown, the Elven camp, Bendir Dale, Wiltun, Barak Runedar, The druidic grove of Amia Forest and Cordor. Each bears the sigil of the Justicar and her signature, along with the marking of Kohlingens Silver Dragon emblazoned beneath. Tarkuul, unsurprisingly, receives no such announcement.

----

People of Amia and the Trackless Sea,

We stand on the precipice of a new dawn, one we have fought and achieved together. Collin Reyes and his cabal lie broken due to the actions of every man and woman who defied his mad visions. Together we have brought a new day where each of us lives as free individuals under the sway of no tyrant and have ensured the safety of more than the lives of those on the isle we call home but all of Toril. Nothing that can be said can ever repay the deeds and thanks we owe to those that gave everything.

We have worked together to achieve this, and I believe we can work together to see to our new future. We have earned and salvaged our freedom from the grasp of madmen, let us not cast this chance we now have aside. I invite you all to attend a celebration of our success, the failure of Collin Reyes and to honour all who gave their lives to see the madman perish. Honour shall be given to those who stood aside another and gave their lives to ensure that those left behind would live in a world free of such dark malice.

To remember this momentous victory, the day of victory shall be a holy day within the realm of Kohlingen. Forever shall we hold it in our memory what we won – the freedom of all of Toril – and the sacrifices that were paid for it. Let each citizen of Amia and the realm of Faerun remember what it was we gave, and was given to see what we now have before us.

Ever must we remember what it was we stood up for and not let the ill cast hold a shadow over us. We cannot let his actions cause us to cast doubt on our fellow man and bring question to the practitioners of the weave, for together we can exemplify the goodly gods of magic and let not a madman taint it.

As of today, Kohlingen shall no longer be under martial law and with the Cordorian refugees having returned to their home the rationing laws shall be rescinded alongside them. I wish to thank you all for your diligence and acceptance of the Cordorian refugees, even for short a time as it was. You all performed admirable in seeing that they would yet have another home, should the unthinkable have happened.

I could not be prouder of you, and I know that yet brighter days await us in the future.

Cystana
Justicar

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 28 2014, 21:44 PM 

Player

In light of the recent announcement for the election of a new Governor for each district, an announcement goes up in places where people tend to gather in West Cordor. Each of the flyers seems to have been written by hand and while they were written carefully, differences in them are obvious when examined closely.

Quote:
My friends,

I know many of you have questions for me as to why I'm living in Cordor now. Simply put, I felt that after the war I could not leave, but I also could not keep the Living Guard stationed in Cordor forever. It would be unfair to those men, your brothers and sisters now living in Tarkuul, to be forced to stay away from their own homes simply on my desire to see Cordor prosper.

So in this, I have resigned from Tarkuul and given up my position of High Captain to take up a permanent residence in West Cordor, which I fought long and hard to protect. And in that I promise to do everything in my power to strengthen the West and rebuild after the series of tragedies that we faced in the War.

I will dedicate myself to rebuilding the infrastructure in West Cordor and creating jobs. I will see homes rebuilt so that nobody has to remain on the streets. I will help arm and train a strong military so that we can police our own borders and protect our people.

We must become strong again. We have lost so much over the past year and I aim to see us stronger than we have ever gone before. There are those who will say that I am trying to create a vassal state out of the West for Tarkuul, and I will not deny that I believe our partnership with them will benefit us both greatly. But I will not allow Tarkuul to govern our state for us, and I will not let a puppet government be put in place as many have accused. I have bleed for this state, and I plan to fight long and hard for prosperity with us and our allies.

It is with all that I would like to announce that I am running for the office of Governor of the great state of West Cordor. I promise to do everything I have stated above and more, elected official or not. It is my duty to you, and to myself, to see this happen. As your governor I will make us strong again, and as your governor I will work tirelessly to ensure that the West is an equal, independent member of the Commonwealth. Strong on its own and part of a stronger, unified whole.

I ask you to consider all that I have said when you vote, and in turn I will listen to you.

For the Free People of West Cordor,
Gerald Edmund

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 31 2014, 16:53 PM 

Player

The Minister of Finance is rarely seen without bags under his eyes. An unusual sight for the typically up beat Halfling.

It appears that the Clerk-turned-Politician is hard at work, handling both information circling in the political spectrum and spearheading the efforts to replace critical documents that were lost with with the Government Center.

Elorathall

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 06 2014, 19:47 PM 

Player

Pamphlets appear throughout the Cordor, and Guldorand.

Quote:
To all citizens of the Commonwealth.

We have recently vanquished a great evil that beset our city. Though we have been victorious, much has been lost and sacrificed. Most relevant to the following discussion, our government is (literally) in ruins. However, as we begin our great rebuilding, we have come to the opportune moment to consider what form we intend this Commonwealth to have, and by extension, how it shall be governed. While the matter of government is a great and complex matter in this often changing world, we may, at the least, decide how we shall identify ourselves, and how this identity shall be achieved.

Should we choose monarchy? While such a form has proven to be relatively effective in such realms as Cormyr, it is ultimately tied to a feudal hierarchy based on land ownership. As Cordor is a city-state without great tracts of land governed by a blooded aristocracy - and indeed this Commonwealth rejects the notion of such inherited rule - it is unlikely to function adequately beyond the challenge of its implementation.

Evidently, to establish a magocracy lies entirely outside wisdom, for we have seen and experienced first-hand how a cabal of magi corrupted our government and abused our city’s populace. Though Halruaa has long been upheld by the short-sighted as an example of a functioning and prosperous realm under the governance of magi, this remnant of the Netherese diaspora has since shown its true colours and willingly allied itself with the Arcanum. One need not have expected anything else, for how might an individual whose power is built on the principle that all reality may be warped to one’s own desires, be expected to govern with wisdom, in service to others? While a few notable exceptions exist, a wise man considers these magi en par with the exceptions amongst the drow - who as a collective remain a dark and insidious threat to all.

The Commonwealth, in spirit, was founded on the principle of representation of the people by the people. While a commendable ideal, we have seen how such has lead us to a fragile state - as it has lead to the election of those who wield popularity, but not ability. Moreso, it is of importance that all concerned citizens consider the following. In any system where positions of power are granted by election, there comes to being considerable political turmoil. Guilds and factions form, and unite to see their chosen representative placed within the government. These representatives in turn are beholden to the agenda of their sponsors, rather than the community they claim to serve. Indeed, this would no doubt lead to a return of the nobility from within - as those families of wealth and influence wield such to sway public opinion in their favor and come to dominate the city as they once did.

In the past few months we have seen a considerable shift in the public view on our state. Rather than a single city, the emphasis has been placed on the identity and prosperity of individual districts. While the first steps have been taken to elect representatives for each district, such also reinforces the notion that the individual districts are political entities in their own right. In essence, the division that weakened us against external threats and continues to undermine collective prosperity is being reinforced, and even celebrated. Not only so, but it shall inevitably lead to the aforementioned return of the “nobility” (though in truth, they would more accurately be patricians). Indeed, with the social order greatly sundered by the recent war, this process is not so obscure that we may not see the adventurers, who are now de facto the most powerful entity individually and collectively, come to fill the highest offices of governance.

If one thing may be learned from the events of the past months and years, it is that all those in power should be held accountable to greater powers still. As such, I would present, for your consideration, a governmental concept that I shall identify as “elective theocracy”. As a priest myself I may attest that I, and all priests, are beholden in all actions to our divine lords. Should I act against the principles of my sovereign, I shall soon find myself outside His service. It is no different for clergy of other faiths. While the personality of individual clergy may differ, their ultimate objectives are constant across the faith. Even those who have fallen to the lures of such dark entities as Bane or Cyric are bound to their master’s decree - and as such can be expected to act according to certain motivations in all things. Indeed, I have found that to identify oneself as a cleric of a certain god provokes immediate assumptions, most often correct, about the morality, methods and objectives this cleric holds.

This being said, I would propose a system of election (by district perhaps) whereby the community does not elect a council, but a pantheon of patron gods - fitting the morality and the desires the community holds. For example, those who wish for Cordor to focus on trade and the increase in wealth may choose to elect Waukeen, while those who advertise the need for a stronger military may choose to elect Helm or Red Knight. Upon the election of this pantheon, the churches of the respective deities shall be granted leave to place a suitable representative upon the council. This process of election would be regular, every ten years or so, to account for the shifting needs of the city and possible moral shift within the greater community.

This, I humbly offer to you for consideration and debate. For I hold a strong government to be the key and foundation of a strong nation, and I share radiant Lathander's belief in the potential of Cordor - and the desire to see it glorious as it may be.

- Aurelius

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"

Xaviera

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 15 2014, 6:41 AM 

Player

A statement appears on the noticeboard in the Temple of Love. Copies are also sent to the temporary offices of the Commonwealth Council and to the offices of the Guard.

Quote:
To the People of the Commonwealth ~

For the past several years I have had the pleasure of serving as the Commonwealth's Minister of Health and Public Welfare, a job that has at times been a very difficult one given the disasters our city has faced.

However, the greatest crises are now behind us and it is time to repair and rebuild. Our citizens are even now casting their votes for their district representatives, a change that I believe will give all Cordorians more say in how the Commonwealth is run and prevent the sorts of abuses that occurred under the leadership of the First Council. In the same vein, I wish also to announce that the infamous Article IX, which Joseph Maximillian used to solidify his hold on power, has been rescinded by the unanimous decision of the Council.

Since Maximillian's death I have also held the post of Speaker of the Commonwealth, which has been my greatest challenge. Both as Minister and as Speaker I have always argued for a strong and united Cordor at peace with its neighbours and which serves its own people justly and fairly. Sadly, in this, I feel, I have failed. Our city is damaged, divided and partly under the influence of a foreign power, and it will require all of us, working together, to make Cordor whole again.

I have tried to do my best to uphold the ideals of peace, unity and mutual support that I have always encouraged as a Priestess of Sharess but in politics, at least, such ideas appear to have little practical value. With West Cordor trying to go its own way, it appears that the future of the Commonwealth, for good or ill, lies down some other path, and this is not one that I can walk.

Accordingly, I wish to announce that I am resigning as the Commonwealth's Minister of Health and Public Welfare, effective on the date the upcoming Ministerial elections are completed - these will begin as soon as the results of the voting for the new district representatives are announced and will take approximately two or three weeks. Both the positions of Minister of Law and Minister of Health and Public Welfare will therefore be open for nominations. I will also, of course, be resigning as your Speaker at that time.

These last few years have been a difficult time for all of us. Whether or not the people of the Commonwealth will come together to heal their wounds, or whether they will continue to fight amongst each other, is a decision to be made by the citizens and the new Council that they elect. I shall return to my Temple and will continue to do my part there for Cordor and its people by upholding and promoting the values that I hold dear. I shall always hold myself ready to be of service of the Commonwealth in whatever way I can.

I thank you all for the opportunity to have served this city and I shall pray for its harmony and prosperity in times to come. May Sharess grant you joy in all that you do.

~ Xaviera Xee

Speaker of the Council of the Commonwealth of Cordor
      Minister of Health and Public Welfare
      High Priestess of Sharess in All of Amia
      Matron of the Temple of Love

14 Marpenoth, 1382 DR

"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt
AmiaWiki mod (mostly inactive)

Silkelock

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 20 2014, 20:46 PM 

Player

Around all the major settlements of Amia a tall humanoid figure appears. It's clad in an unembellished darksteel plate, draped in a coarse cloth burial shroud seamed at the shoulders by taxidermist thread, its face covered by a white skull mask, inscribed with runes and letters on one side.
In a calm monotone voice, the figure begins to speak:

Quote:
The end of the year draws nigh and as such, we remember the passing year and those who are no longer with us. The names of the fallen shall forever be remembered for who they were in life. The Commonwealth has lost several thousand of its citizens, many of which the late Igor of Moribund and myself helped see to that they were given a proper burial. Kohlingen, Wiltun and others have all lost, and their names shall be kept with us until our own time comes.

I am the Magistrate of Tarkuul. I am Grim, First Scrivener of Doom in the Living City, and I am he who has pledged my service to my Lord Jergal and to realize the vision of the founder of this city of knowledge.

You are many who believe in the gravest of misconceptions about our city. That it is founded on the principle of undeath. Yet our founder understood that life, and death, are circles that cannot be broken. All things will eventually end. Our vision is to be the one true bastion of ultimate knowledge. A sanctuary where those of us who are willing to shape our own fate, that we may do so with freedom. A holdfast that protects such ideals, for we have all realized that only together can we achieve our greatest potential.

At our feet rests an uncharted journey, one I hope will lead to enlightenment and prosperity. Nine hundred and ninety-nine slaves were freed by my predecessor. It is with that freedom that perhaps I today address some of that thousand outside our city and I hope that wherever you have decided to live your lives, you may do so with the same freedom we strive for.

I only have one request of you who have listened to me now. That you all remember those who are no longer with us. Speak their names with pride at the end of the year, with thanks for their achievements and acceptance of their eternal rest. For I want you to know that at the end of life’s journey, awaits an eternity for us all.

Once the image has spoken its message in the settlements it dissapears as suddenly as it arrived.

Life should be prolonged only when it serves the greater cause of the death of the world.

Grymia

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 20 2014, 21:20 PM 

Player

*If Tuomas actually witnesses this , he attempts to discern exactly how Grim was able to achieve such a projection, perhaps also reflecting on his message at the same time with less bias*

slkNihilus

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 21 2014, 14:51 PM 

Player

The figure of Grim appeared in the following locations: Cordor East, Bendir Dale, Wharftown, Guldorand, Kohlingen Tritemple district, Tarkuul, Barak Runedar and Wiltun.

Dunecat

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 21 2014, 14:58 PM 

Player

Having, perhaps, witnessed Grim image at Cordor or Wharftown, having noticed Magistrate's current handgear, or lack of thereof, travelling magician would fancy contemplations of direction concurrent with those of the gnomish wizard.

fairdady

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 21 2014, 21:10 PM 

Player

The following day of the projection, the dwarven council discusses and approves the banishment of former and current Tarkuulans, their sympathizers and collaborators from the citadel.

Sig by Jaydn- Dragon by Jes

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 25 2014, 3:04 AM 

Player

Quote:
Andrew has a few of these posted up around Cordor.

People of Cordor,

As the elections come to a close, I would like to extend congratulations to my colleague, Hector Godric, for winning Minister of Law. I would also like to thank the people of Cordor for electing me as Minister of Health and Public Welfare. I hope to extend the same honor and decency that my predecessors into this office have extend. For as long and as shifty as the government of the Commonwealth has been, the Ministry of Health and Public Welfare has always been chaired by goodly souls (Jonathin Leonhard, Xaviera Xee) who have cared for and loved this city, even as other parts of the city crumbled to corruption. I will be stepping down as commander of the STU in favor of Ithilwen 'Snow' Lindariel. I have a few simple things I aim to do to start off my tenure as minister:

1) Complete construction of the Hospital. Cordor currently lacks a major hospital with specialized and surgical capabilities. I seek to create such a facility, where citizens and visitors to the city can receive aid for practically any medical emergency without needing to travel far abroad.

2) Ensure that every district or protectorate has a 'clinic' location to handle day-to-day medical needs and to coordinate administering medicine in the case of illness outbreaks. This is preferably a chapel or temple staffed by clergy. As most districts or protectorates already have a place like this, we'll instead bolster their stock of medical supplies to ensure they always have a surplus.

3) An ambulance system. The new hospital will be located near the water. Thus, ferries owned, staffed and maintained by the hospital to connect it to the rest of the city via the Central Bay so that people who require the attention of the hospital can be swiftly brought there (free of charge). For North Cordor, carts will be supplied. For Guldorand, a portal service.

4) Homeless Shelters and food relief stations across the city.

5) Mira Bay. I wish to see that Mira Bay is cleansed of its undead problems, secured and turned into a public park and beach.

6) Expansion of the Bureau of Education. I wish to work with the governors to open additional schools and provide broader, universal education for all of Cordor, while sticking to the current tuition free model of the Blue Skies Academy.

I have other ideas, but those are my initial goals and tasks.

I also wish to thank my colleagues for appointing me Speaker of the Commonwealth. I look forward to working with my fellow councilors to ensure a fulfilling and productive future for our City and for all of its citizens. If you have any ideas for the city, please, feel free to approach me. I am generally around the Academy.

-Speaker Andrew Fryar
Minister of Health and Public Welfare

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 17 2015, 12:54 PM 

Player

Quote:
It was a cold Alturiak morning. The sky was grey and overcast and a biting wind blew through the city streets. Yet, a few shafts of sunlight were managing to escape to the stone below. The city buzzed with activity in East Cordor where a crowd formed in the city square. Before the new Cordor City Hall were arrayed nine figures, flanked by a guard of elites, reinforced by mages, a few scouts and a few Knights of the Law. These nine figures weren’t just any one, either. They were the elected Council of Cordor. In the center of the group, before a lectern adorned with Cordor’s banner stood Andrew Fryar. The five governors - Corinn Aldiane, Gerald Edmund, Parulg, Gilbert son of Holvin, Jacho Borimus - and other three ministers - Hector Godric, Eli Hodgwall, Elijah Cromwell - were lined up on either side of him for the address.

This morning, when we look upon the streets of our city, we see the scars of our past. The empty bay where Central Cordor once sat. The wreckage of Theater Row. The empty buildings. Perhaps you’ve taken a ferry to Moribund and seen the many new interred. Many of those fallen died under Cordor banners, but just as many, if not more, were innocents who were murdered by the Arcanum and Reyes in the past few years. Every one of us have lost so much, and now we stand here amidst the rubble.

For the first time since the birth of the Commonwealth, a truly elected body has taken office in Cordor. These men and women up here with me are only here because of your mandate. And we come here today with a promise that the sins of our predecessors will not be repeated. Every person up here is willing, and even eager, to work together for the betterment of our city. The Commonwealth, which started from a beautiful idea, swiftly became a disgusting cyst, wrapped up in corruption before it could even reach its potential. It is for this reason we have decided to abandon the name. Cordor, The City of Water, is no longer The Commonwealth. From today onward, Cordor shall be known as the Republic of Cordor. It is a promise to the citizens of our city that the revolutionary ideals of self-determination, proper rule of law, transparency and prosperity shall remain at the forefront of our endeavors.

By the end of the month, the Law of the Republic will be published. This comprehensive book of law will detail in clear black and white the rights of citizens, the limitations of the government, taxation, rights of private enterprise, Cordor’s infrastructure, its court system, legislation passed in council sessions and anything related to law or justice in our society. It has transparency built right in, from publication of council votes to requesting guard records.

Cordor’s war with Amn was devastating, but it taught us the strength of unity. Many of our brothers and sisters gave their lives for the safety of our home and our kinsmen. It is the hope and goal of this council that the, at times, stressed relations between Cordor will begin to ease so that we as a city-state can reach our full potential. Armored by fraternity, we’ll burn like a torch in the darkness. The wicked will tremble and fall at the sight of us. The likes of the Arcanum shall not rise from their ashes and those who would harm our citizens will be rebuffed. Yet, it will not be conquest we pursue, but defense. Cordor has many holdings already and, rather than expand, we will focus on making life better for our people in all Republic lands.

As we stand here in the city, we can already see the beginnings of a new day cresting over Cordor. Buildings are repopulating the barren cityscape. Lives are beginning to return to normalcy. War debts and debts from the regime under Mover, diminished. What we witness are the heralds of a prosperous new era for Cordor, one where the honorable workingman, the benevolent adventurer, the honest merchant, the downtrodden and those seeking a second chance, or a first, can come together for the good of themselves and of all peoples, where no person suffers the chains of oppression.

Things have been hard and there’s no doubt that there is a lot more work to be done. Cordor’s time is coming, for it to take its place as the model that other states measure themselves. By the Light of Lathander, through fraternity and with the strength of the Cordorian spirit, we will succeed. As Speaker of the Council, I swear this to you.

At that, Andrew leads the guard and the crowd in a performance of Cordor’s Anthem - a grand and proud ballad testifying to the glory of Cordor, its military might, its status as a republic and praising the primary churches of Cordor - Waukeen and Lathander. However, there is a new line at the end celebrating Cordor and Amia’s victory over Reyes and the Arcanum.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19