View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Estara

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 19 2013, 6:45 AM 

Player

Samantha joins Andrew in almost all of his morning drills, greeting Parulg and making sure to meet any militiamen she hasn't yet been introduced to. At first she comes bearing fresh arms and armor for some of the newer civilians to join in-- some even seem to be her own. She follows Andrew's lead at the beginning, but she begins to split off from him eventually and offset his drills with some led by herself-- with his encouragement-- she focuses particularly on the women and children who are eager to learn tactics. She startss to form her own patrol groups and offer her own compensation for a few alternate routes. As she does, she teaches the citizens the benefit of covering multiple areas at once and planning your routes in accordance with the others'. It is important to change them every couple days when you are on high alert like this. Someone may be watching and will watch for the gaps, the places you miss... a way to combat this is to keep them on their toes, changing the routes and communication at supposedly random times.

She also stays generally upbeat, though definitely far more firm and direct in her attitude than Andrew.

SkyfallingHaven

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 19 2013, 14:44 PM 

Player

A young knight once more in is seen in the city helping out with the drills. First he went into shield training, then worked into various weapon techniques from parrying to defensive striking. Though now as the people seem to be building up over time it was time for offensive.

He brought various books for those who could read and some dulled weapons for those to learn with. He began teaching them as a drill sergeant would, something that has not quite left the young man. He uses his time among many battlefields to help perfect what he teaches. Though it is strange he never uses a dulled weapon himself. Nor does his own ever leaves there sheaths. Instead he sticks with his gauntlets, gloves and vambrae's that he switches out.

While teaching the others how to strike in various forms he uses his own unarmed training to block blows and show them how to work with one another. Having those around team up in two's. Then he goes into detail on how to defend when teamed up on placing two against one. Working more and more into various forms for the training. This keeps going on for a time before the young knight lets everyone rest. He carries on each morning with some basic forms and strategies before taking his leave. Each day he returns and repeats working with the others doing the same.

Aruilther - The Bard

AlannaMolov

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 20 2013, 17:59 PM 

Player

Alanna is a white shadow in Wharftown, leaving her patrols only to sleep and for a few brief trips to Kohlingen. Dressed in the Hands' uniform and clutching a mage's staff topped with a blue crystal (a few would recognize it as Vyashir Indrire's signature staff), she looks exhausted, but makes an effort to have light interactions with the townsfolk.

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."

Nakomis Wolfen

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 20 2013, 19:48 PM 

Player

When not patrolling the Mill, Darby's often found in Wharftown walking the town with a careful eye. Especially around houses where she knows there to be young ones as well as any kids out playing during the day. Sometimes she takes short breaks to hang out in the temple and stare at the idol of Selune with a thoughtful frown.

Sometimes in her patrolling she can be heard to be quietly muttering about incorrect "facts". Though it doesn't detract from her vigilance. If any concerns are expressed by the people of the town, she'd move her scarf and show them a pin she had hooked to her shirt, marking her as a Hand.

While clearly not in the best of moods, she always has a smile and cookie for the kids of the town.

Grymia

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 20 2013, 19:58 PM 

Player

Tuomas makes a brief trip , of all places to the Shrine of Eldath within the grove, having prayed unto the Shrine in brief for preservation of the innocent, those whom did not choose to be in the line of fire in the upcoming conflict.

gorgometh

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 22 2013, 7:04 AM 

Player

A public statement is released by Wiltun's First Knight. It does not possess the same pomp and circumstance as the lengthy historical production of the Duchal version of events, though the release is clearly a response.

The statement is posted on the message boards of surface cities across Amia and some are even distributed where some of the mass publications were delivered. Each copy was hand written, personally signed by the knight.

Pony wrote:
Spirit of the Times: The Zeitgeist & The Assassination of Collin Reyes

Shortly before his departure from Amia, Collin Reyes conducted the rite of the Tempus Claustrum upon Duke Montgomery d'Cordor. The ritual performed on the Duke was discovered by Alanna, Torin and Vyashir when they went into the Sactuary of Sin beneath South Cordor. The Zeitgeist, a being described further below, took them from a point in the future, well after Reyes' departure, and briefly sent them back in time to the moment when Duke Montgomery was being sealed into liminal time. Collin Reyes had the Duke nailed to the floorboards surrounded by a circle of candles and was drinking his blood. This part of this ritual was an alteration from the traditional casting of the Tempus Claustrum; the large mirror from which he had removed the Duke for this perversion of the Tempus Claustrum rested nearby against a pillar.

When Minister of Magic Collin Reyes banished his Grace Duke Montgommery into liminal time via the Temprus Claustrum ritual, the intervention of the aforementioned trio at the behest of the Zeitgeist may have introduced a variable in Reyes' ritual that he had not accounted for and thus led to the summoning, or perhaps awakening, of the Zeitgeist. We are aware that this seems a circularity that defies logic. How could a creature awaken itself, when the act of awakening itself indicates that it was already awake in some form or fashion, serving as its own origin point? This is but one of the many mysteries of chronomancy and the effects it has upon the world that defy explanation.

At the time leading up to the assassination of Minister of Magic Collin Reyes, the Zeitgeist was viewed as the dominant threat. It was understood the only manner in which to sate the Zeitgeist was with the death of the caster who had brought it upon the material plane; Collin Reyes. The Zeitgeist had begun to cause massive disruptions to the Weave. Divinations were severely disrupted. It was suspected the Zeitgeist could even block the sight of the gods.

A decision was made by a collection of concerned individuals. Ulrik Valis had just joined these at the time, at the invitation of Sir Avadon. Unknown at the time, Sir Avadon stood in service to Collin Reyes. The decision of this group was to assassinate Minister Collin Reyes at the time of his return to Cordor from the mainland.

Sir Avadon handled the recruitment of an assassin and his payment. Ulrik Valis' role was the casting of a dimensional anchor spell upon Minister Collin Reyes, which prevented a teleportation contigency from being trigged.

The covert operation commenced as planned on the 14th of Eleint 1377 DR. As Minister Reyes' unboarded the Seastrider, the spell was cast, the gull struck, tearing at his throat. One Law Knight was wounded, another killed. The docks were shocked by an explosion, and Minister Collin Reyes fell into the sea, bereft of his teleporation. Beneath the waves, a group awaited him. Among them, Sir Avadon, who insited to be the one to deliever the killing stroke.

The body was taken to Cape Slakh. There they emerged with the thought lifeless body of Collin Reyes, which was offered to the Zeitgeist. Sensing that it was the one it hunted and hungered for, the Zeitgeist devoured him, and he was utterly torn apart through time itself.

Collin Reyes was however not dead at the time he was offered to the Zeitgeist, as Sir Avadon had not killed him. Hence, he was scattered through the time-lines still alive, and thus became unbound.

As later uncovered through studying the journal of Collin Reyes, it was clear the assassination had been arranged by him. Reyes knew the day, hour, minute and second of his death. And thus time his arrival in Cordor, and his 'assasination' to correspond exactly. He twisted fate, his own death.

It became clear that while it was first thought the threat of Reyes and the Zeitgeist hand ended, the Zeitgeist had been purposefully brought into our world and Sir Avadon had arranged the assassination of Collin Reyes, so that he could escape the bonds of time.

Denizens of Amia,

I applaud the work of the Duchal forces in their attempt to mass produce educational material. This collected intelligence can now be used to help others as they act against this threat. A threat that has been kept a well guarded secret by those same forces who have chosen, only now, to share this vital information. Regardless of their intentions, I write to clarify the above section with a detailed accounting of the events that transpired this day. I appreciate the need to try to put me on some sort of a defense, but I'd rather just share the details with everyone and let them decide.

It is true that I have transgressed greatly against this island, that during these times I sinned against those who claimed to trust and those who were innocent. I do not care much for trust, but I have been and will be open and willing to share my shortcomings so that others might avoid the same mistakes. I will leave it to you and your judgement to decide the veracity of the words below:

The Zeitgeist was a terrible threat, one that would have torn asunder our plane of existence in order to right the wrongs that were done to time by Collin Reyes. Also, we can call them who they are, "the concerned individuals" who acted, were the Harpers and a number of other influential and involved citizens of Amia. We communed with this primordial entity inside the Mystran Monolith. I, along with Ulrik, Weston Carter, Christophan Warrick and Torin Starfall, spoke directly to this creature so that we might learn its purpose and send it away before our world was sundered. During this "conversation" its purpose was made clear. It desired the life of Collin Reyes. I will not enumerate why, Robert and the others did so very well in their history. Reyes was a threat, but the Zeitgeist was indeed given priority at this time. We considered it a chance to get rid of two birds with one stone.

What the Duchal writers claim is true, at this time, I was a spy amongst the Harpers and heroes. I was working towards Reyes' ends, who had come to be known as "The Magus" by those who served his wishes. But, contrary to their claims, it was at this point in our history that even I, broken and sinful as I was and am, finally realized the dangers he posed to all of us. To those of a practical sense, in a world where human, male wizards are the superior and dominant class, where would a tiefling blooded warrior fit into their hierarchy? Where would my half-elven sneak of a wife fit? We had no place in their world, and despite my blind quest for power, I was not so blind enough to ignore the fact that I would have no place at all. Up until this point I had committed many sins to earn his forces' favor, but in his assassination, I saw a way out.

We convened soon after, and with the knowledge that we gained from the Zeitgeist we set to prepare for Reyes' undoing. I played my part in the preparations. I hired the known seagull assassin, Johanthin Livingston. He was paid the sum on ten million gold pieces to slit the throat of Minister Reyes when he made landfall after his mainland trip to bring Arcanum thugs back to Cordor.

The operation took place on the day listed by the Duchal historians. As Reyes stepped foot on the docks in the South, the Gull swooped in and slit his throat as instructed. A fatal blow, in and of itself. Myself, Alanna of Wharftown, Darby Mirth, Torin Starfall, and Willow Maynare awaited the attack underwater. Nevaeh Tarvencia, Ulrik Valis and others waited topside in case of an emergency or the need to act contingently towards our goal. The first attack complete, we then blew the already dilapidated docks. Reyes and two Law Knights fell into the waters of the bay where we waited. One knight survived, and, unfortunately, the other drowned. They were only doing their duties.

Everything went according to plan. His body was taken by those waiting for him and we begun to stab him, despite him grabbing at us and taking a strange hold of my chest, his body eventually went lifeless. We set out for the Cape Slakh lighthouse to the West. I did not deliver the killing stroke, as was contested by the Duchal sympathizers, we all took our turn.

Along our way, we were pursued by Arcanum mages, killing them underwater until we were able to safely make our way to the Cape. None of us checked to see if he was still breathing, and to this day, I will swear that he was dead. To have had his throat slit and then to have been stabbed by individuals of our skill, even underwater, that should have been enough to kill anyone. We should have checked, we should have been sure that he was dead, but the Zeitgeist came for us as we made landfall. I took his body and I delivered him unto the Zeitgeist. We all thought it was over, we thought we had won.

It was not a result of his living or dying that allowed him to perform the feat of walking time, it was his preparation and counsel from Johann Kurtzwell that allowed him to prepare for the eventuality of his death to use as a sacrifice that would unbind Johann from his prison in liminal time and set Reyes free to alter our time's flow. Reyes had been communing with Johann in liminal time all along. This plane is not null time, it is not a black void, it is a place where all time is convergent upon one point. Here, an individual can see the past, present and future at once. We did not know. How could we have known that Reyes would know that we were coming for him, that he would have the time to prepare the rites that would set him free to see to his dark purpose? We were not aware. We all, unwittingly, allowed him to fulfill his purpose and if they must give me the blame to clear their conscience in their parts of our failure, then so be it. If it is easier to blame the failure on me, I understand. I bear much of the blame for the failures during this time, the losses we incurred and the obstacles faced. I -was- an obstacle.

I will not remain on the defense in my denial of their claims. This is no longer a game or a chess match. All of our lives are at stake and I will continue focusing upon the doom that is fast approaching. I will prepare to combat him in his return and I know others will do the same. As I have slayed hordes of blood monsters and Arcanum mages at your side, Robert and Ulrik, as I have offered to many already and shared information and theories with many, I stand ready to help.

Many have asked me about the truth of the Duchal claims made about this assassination, I hope that this answer clarifies further upon those discussions and helps those who have yet to even ask.

I thank you for your attention,

~Avadon

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 23 2013, 0:55 AM 

Player

Andrew continues to drill the militia. Lately, he's also taken an interest in the recent murders.

He also composes a short newsletter. This newsletter is left in fairly large quantities the Nomad. the Long and Short and most other public gathering places in Cordor. A few are left in the Commonwealth Center.

MURDERS

Another murder has occured. This time, the victim was a citizen of East named James Walters. Walters, 55, was a resident of East and a former courier with the Commonwealth Couriers office. He was found behind the Nomad by one of its patrons. He is survived by two children and a wife. The funeral will be held in a couple of days – please say a prayer for the family.

Walters' murder differs a bit from the preceding murders plaguing Cordor. This time, the attack seems to have been done by an animal, apparently mauled as seen by the wounds at the neck. This is in contrast to the previous murders which normally included beatings and a fatal slit of the throat. The throat being the coup de grace of the previous slayings seem to be the only thing linking all of these. The latest victim was not drained like previous ones. However, something of note is that the victim did not have any other scars or wounds aside from the fatal one to the neck. This would imply that the victim was not mauled by an animal, as there would've been claw marks, fur and other evidence if this were the case.

Because of this, there's little doubt in my mind that the entity who took Walters' life is the same monster who slew Jill and Gregory Fletcher of East Cordor and Roy Webber (a retired man), Arthur Mennald, Samuel Arndry and Alys Benders of Central Cordor.

AMN

The Tribunal delivered its answer to Amn's offer. The city remains ready for engagement, however the Amnian delegation has left in peace at this time. No response from Amn is known to me at this time.

Marigold Cobcruncher: Perceptive Priestess

Pony

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 23 2013, 19:34 PM 

Player

The following letter is delievered by a Ducal Guard to the members of the council of Barak Runedar and Winya Ravena, the Great Druidess and Arch Druids of the Oakmist Vale, the Mayor and Citizen Council of Bendir Dale, the Mayors of Uhm and Wharftown, the Councilors and the Members of the Tribunal of the Commonwealth, and the Leadership of the Shrine of Elistraee and Guldorand.

A copy is sent to the following individuals: Alanna of Wharftown, Jud'Vardas Kenyl, Mynna, Andrew Fryar, Joon the Binder, Nevaeh Tarvencia, Lady Scion Elisabeth Neville, Lord Augir Goldberg, Eli Hodgewall, Lady Nicha, Sir Deagan, and Sir Abdullah.

His grace, Duke Montgommery d'Cordor, requests your attendance to discuss the events that plague the region and effectivly organize the endeavor to stand against the threat of Collin Reyes, and those who serve him. The meeting shall take place within the City of Kohlingen at this tenday's end (//time is not yet determined, but it will be added once the DMs know when it can be held//), by the gracious hospitality of Lady Justicar Cys'tana and the Lords and Ladies of her court.

Ser Robert Henry Richard of Caris
Hand of the Duke

P Three

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 23 2013, 19:58 PM 

DM

The letter is taken and forwarded to Kiira, in the Shrine.

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

The Scion

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 24 2013, 4:04 AM 

Player

In Kohlingen, as the sun set and a small fire came to life in a hearth, Lady Elisabeth Neville stood with a glass of wine, leaned against the banister of an unused stairwell. Her hair was loose about her shoulders, her braids undone and left in dangling curled tresses. Wearing a velvet red evening gown, she had already prepared for an early night. Now, she gazed down at the brooch that always accented the shawl she wore when she went out. It was a fine bauble, made from gold and bearing the image of a chalice enclosed within a sun: the sigil of House Neville of Cordor. She had learned things this day about which she was unsure. She had heard things that unsettled and surprised her. She did not like many aspects of the world in which they lived, but it would be among her duties to cope with them and perhaps mold them into something bearable for all involved.

Ser Robert had spoken to Duke Montgomery about her. Doubtless it was her status as a Scion of the Divine Right that had caused her liege to request her presence at this meeting. She had been both proud and humbled by the news, but she knew there was much still to be done.

The noblewoman's footfalls were silent as she crossed the room and relaxed into a cushioned settee next to the fire. A large tome rested on the side table, awaiting her eyes. Only after she finished her glass of wine did she finally reach for the tome.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 24 2013, 6:32 AM 

Player

Eli seems to have simply vanished, the mail on his desk starting to stack up.

SkyfallingHaven

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 24 2013, 17:33 PM 

Player

Once more hammering can be heard from the forge as work seems to continue there. The young man most have begun to know seems determined of late. Working the fires as best he can. He seems to forge a mixture of various things ranging from weapons, to bolts, to working on simply pieces of metal. The fires seem to ego and his work seems to always continue.

His hair is pushed back and tied up in what seems a top knot. Though the man remains focused he seems even more determined of late to hit the metal hard. Something clearly annoyed him the other day and he is taking his frustrations out on doing work. A good discipline it seems. Those that come in while he is working are often offered a free weapon of the best quality to help them out. Despite his size and how he looks the man is always friendly.

As the day pushed into night he takes his things and heads out. Only to return in the morning to join in more drills with the militia. Today would be a swore day, for today they learned how to shield bash.

Aruilther - The Bard

Aiseth

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 24 2013, 18:45 PM 

Player

*An arcanist sits in the Shanty overlooking some kind of mathematical formula figuring the problem on another sheet of paper with her quill and inkwell, as well, clutching a cloth with a bloodstain in her left hand. She looks as though she has not got much rest, working well into the hungry fever of dawn break.*

Murkoph

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 26 2013, 7:55 AM 

Player

A public statement is issued to the people of Cordor in the form of an open letter, posted in several public noticeboards by couriers hired from outside the Commonwealth.

Quote:
To the People and Officials of the Commonwealth of Cordor:

On behalf of the Council of Tarkuul, and the office of Speaker Mherun Xilphas, may it hereby be known that due to the Commonwealth of Cordor's total lack of response to any requests to negotiate the terms of the surrender of individuals suspected of criminal activity within the Commonwealth: The Enclave of Tarkuul hereby rejects any past, present and future requests, demands or pleas for the extradition of any and all wanted individuals under the protection of the Nine Laws of Tarkuul.

Individuals assigned by Speaker Mherun Xilphas to arrange the handover of wanted individuals have, at this point in time have requested an audience multiple times from members of the Cordor Council, as well as their Citizen's Tribunal via Eli Hodgewall's diplomatic efforts. As to date we have not received a single reply we can only conclude that Cordor is not interested in individuals under the protection of Tarkuul's Laws; despite multiple requests from Cordor for the extradition of these individuals, and Tarkuul's agreeing to Cordor's requests, provided an extradition treaty is signed by representatives of both the Commonwealth of Cordor and the Enclave of Tarkuul.

The Extradition Treaty in question would outline the following points, which Cordor has to date been unwilling to discuss:
-The Enclave of Tarkuul is willing to extradite individuals who are suspected of being members of organisations deemed inimical to both the Commonwealth of Cordor and the Enclave of Tarkuul.
-The period in which individuals may be extradited is a limited period of time, which was to be agreed upon at the time of signing.
-Evidence of the crimes which the extradited individual is accused must be made available to both signatory states.
-An observer from the state extraditing an individual or individuals will be allowed to observe the judiciary process to ensure that it is a fair process.

At this point in time, all individuals to be extradited by Tarkuul fit every criteria which the treaty outlines, and a full copy of the draft of the Extradition Treaty will be available to any requesting it at the Castle of Tarkuul. However, due to Cordor's lack of reply to every request for this document to be reviewed, signed and agreed upon; the Enclave of Tarkuul will be using the evidence provided to date by Eli Hodgewall to try all individuals requested by the Commonwealth of Cordor according to its own Judiciary process.

In short: Tarkuul is willing to extradite all individuals requested by Cordor, provided that assurances are made that those individuals receive a fair trial. Minister Eli Hodgewall, Speaker Xaviera Xee, and the Citizen's Tribunal have been unwilling to make these assurances, discuss a date to hand over these individuals, or reply to any missive sent to discuss these topics. As such: The Enclave of Tarkuul rejects all requests of extradition.

The notice is not signed, but it is sealed with with the official sigil of the Centurion Order of Tarkuul.

Jannah Vindle - Mistress of Coin.

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 26 2013, 21:17 PM 

Player

Andrew begins to go through Eli's mail as it starts to pile up, sending it along roughly to where he thinks it would best go. Typically, he sends along notes to Xaviera and Elijah if they're council business or sets them off to the side if they're personal letters. He does take a moment to roll his eyes at Tarkuul's open letter.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 27 2013, 21:29 PM 

Player

A reply to Tarkuul's public missive is posted on some of the same bulletin boards and a copy is sent to the Council of Tarkuul as well.

The Commonwealth Council wrote:
The Council of the Commonwealth of Cordor regrets the delay in replying to two recent communications from the Enclave of Tarkuul dated [twelve days past] regarding the matter of negotiations for extradition of various individuals known or alleged to be residing in The Living City, specifically (but not necessarily limited to) one William Hurst.

Officials of Tarkuul have indicated that Cordor currently has no treaty of extradition with The Living City, and that Minister Hodgewell was consulting on the matter of drafting such a treaty. They further noted that they would require evidence that the said individual(s) were in contravention of the laws of Tarkuul - to whit, that this/these individuals were members of or acting in the direct service of the organization known as the Arcanum.

The Council of Tarkuul is no doubt aware that the governing body of the Commonwealth has been severely understaffed, both in terms of Councillors and supporting personnel, for many months now, most particularly since the death of Speaker Joseph Maximillian and the civil disturbances in which Mister Hurst and others are alleged to have played a prominent role. Other recent incidents involving the emissaries of Amn have been, and continue to be, of overriding concern to the Commonwealth.

The evidence is being gathered for the upcoming trials by the Citizens Tribunal of Mister Hurst and others accused of offences against the Commonwealth. All such individuals are encouraged to present themselves with their counsel to the Tribunal in order that they may have the opportunity to respond personally to the charges - failure to do so might possibly result in decisions being made solely on the evidence that is available to the Tribunal at the time of the hearings.

Once all information has been assembled and presented to the Tribunal, the people and the accused (where present), and the decisions of the Tribunal rendered, further consideration will then be given by the Commonwealth itself as to whether or not any of the accused who may be present within the precincts of Tarkuul did or did not contravene the laws of Tarkuul and thus whether or not there is any immediate need to discuss a treaty of extradition. However, in deference to the Enclave's request for a representative to be present during the trials, the Commonwealth Council will inform the Council of Tarkuul of the date(s) of the trials as soon as it becomes known to them.

We therefore ask the indulgence of the Council of Tarkuul for our lack of response in this matter and request that further discussions be deferred to a later date.

~ X. Xee, Speaker for the Council

"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt
AmiaWiki mod (mostly inactive)

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 28 2013, 4:59 AM 

Player

Andrew came to drill the next morning with forty-five bags in tow, which he distributes around to the militia members. The bags, all combined, contain 135 light crossbows and 35640 normal bolts. He stood near the bag as the men accepted their crossbows. Andrew had brought with him a small selection of targets. He took out his own crossbow to demonstrate how to fire the weapon. He wasn't a terrible shot, but he wasn't outstanding either. He was simply acceptable. He allowed them to shoot several shots before collecting their bolts for re-use.

"The crossbow is an easy weapon to use. You point it, and you shoot. Quicker to master than a longbow, but slower to reload. Fortunately, we're using light crossbows. They're a bit easier to reload than a heavy crossbow. Just draw back the string, set your bolt, fire. Reload, fire again."

Thwunk.

// DM can take them off me later.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 29 2013, 20:28 PM 

Player

A plublic statement is sent out to all districts of Cordor save the South, Wharftown, Kohlingen, Winya Ravana, Bendir Dale, Uhm, and Kampo's Storehouse. Though each notice is identicle, they are also hand written. A copy is sent to the leaders of each settlement, as well as posted in public places where the author is permitted. Notable exceptions to the public posting by part of the author include Wharftown, Kohlingen, and Winya Ravana. The fate of such notices in those regions is left to the people intercepting them. If stopped, the notices are delivered by tired, hungry people who chose to act as couriers, having recently been fed in these times of famine.

Quote:
People of Amia,

It has come to our attention that rumors have been circulated about our lack of cooperation concerning the threat the Arcanum and their leader Collin Reyes present to the region. I am writing now to dispell those rumors.

There was recently a regional council held to discuss a response to the threat of Amn. The Council was proposed by Eli Hodgewall and hosted by Joon of the Binder. When the Tarkuulian delegation arrived, we arrived with the intent of speaking to the leaders of several nations; Kohlingen, Cordor, and Winya Ravana. Instead we found the leaders of the Shrine, and Bendir Dale in attendance with Joon and the bard Glendil acting as the Cordorian representatives.

In short: Tarkuul was the only nation that proved willing to cooperate against this threat. Even Eli Hodgewall did not participate, though I am told he was held due to a personal conflict in scheduling which I will not divulge for his privacy. Should any other parties feel the need to toss blame at the Living City or perpetuate the foolish rumor mongering that has occurred recently, I welcome you to correspond with me by mail. I am more than willing to provide transcripts of this regional council as well as discuss my findings in my fight against the Cabal with those who are willing to contact me.

However I no longer have the time to take every visitor that decides to come to my door step. If you wish to know such things, I will send you my records of the events on paper in a prepared statement. Those of you who wish to continue spreading rumors, do so with the knowledge that oblivion comes to those who are not willing to fight beside one another against this threat. The Living City is anything but foolish, and the leaders of Kohlingen and Winya Ravana chose isolation in response to a threat on a scale to large for them to fight alone.

The die is cast. Do not be destroyed in isolation when you can survive as a single power unified against the Cabal. The point you are trying to prove is not worth oblivion.

In service to the Living City,
Sir Gerald Edmund
High Captain of Tarkuul

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Elorathall

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 30 2013, 1:47 AM 

Player

After a bit of unrest in the west district centered around the presence of Ser Robert in its streets, the ever recognizable Sunmaster gathers up a fair amount of writing equipment and begins to meet with any and all people of the West that have something to say.

It seems a letter to Kohlingen and "the nobles" is being compiled.

Aurelius: Sunmaster of Amaunator. Contemplative. Aspirant to Transcendance.
"Sol Invictus"

DolphinRacer

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 30 2013, 7:35 AM 

Player

After an even bigger disruption that almost broke down in violence a Wiltunian Knight can be seen leaving the scene in disgust with an apparently unconscious Richard Johnson over his shoulder, though he leaves the city shortly after by himself, making north and then west from the city.

Kira "Penny" Sigers
Better than Boulderdash!

Xaviera

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 30 2013, 16:00 PM 

Player

The Speaker of the Council, Minister Xee, calls Lt. Aurelius to a meeting in the Commonwealth Centre.

// I will be IG in a couple of hours

"[They] were moving in on me like Sharessans on a new broad in the bath house" - Tracer Bolt

Silkelock

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 31 2013, 12:48 PM 

Player

During the night the person known as the Keeper is seen in the Western district of Cordor and moving about the other districts as well. Putting up a few but well written posts in the area before he leaves the city by portal.

Quote:
This year is coming to an end and by such it is upon us to remember those who have ascended from their mortal lives to an eternity at rest. Many have lost their families and friends and their names shall never be forgotten. The Night of Another Year is upon us and I shall conduct the ceremony in remembrance to those who are no longer with us.

My reason for publicly posting this is to both inform and invite those who are willing to participate in this peaceful ceremony. Take with you the names of those who have passed on and recite them with me during the night and so will the Protector of the names of the dead forever scribe them into records.

We shall hold this on the most fitting place for the past year. Moribund.

//trying for this time tomorrow

Life should be prolonged only when it serves the greater cause of the death of the world.

Burningoutbright

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 06 2014, 3:07 AM 

Player

While she does not make any response, the midnight oil burns in a small office held by the acting secretary of Law. She pages through dozens of documents that perhaps have been neglected, and stares out a window over Cordor from her desk as she writes, and reads.

slkNihilus

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 08 2014, 21:24 PM 

Player

What had started out a fairly uneventful day in Cordor quickly became rather hectic with the arrival of a cordorian patrol vessel in port, followed shortly by news spreading: a massive fleet, flying the flag of Amn, was approaching. While guards, soldiers and militia scrambled and prepared to repel an invasion, most civilians locked themselves in their houses, basements or whatever other shelters they could find.

Unlike Cordor's fleet, which remained close enough to shore after they had cast off their lines, the captain of a merchant vessel decided to fly a white flag and try to leave port post haste, only to have his ship sunk by volley after volley of spells from the board of the amnish ships that seemed to have dropped anchor just outside the city's territorial waters. Soon enough, it became apparent that there will be no invasion - instead there would be a blockade by sea.

Even so, Cordor's fighting men and women remained tense and alert, their gaze directed out as sea more often than not, for signs that Amn's fleet would advance.

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 10 2014, 0:31 AM 

Player

Andrew takes to spending some more of his time pushing training harder for the militia people. He also takes a more direct hand in helping command and direct them, keeping up regular patrols and at least some of them on alert around the clock. Andrew also heads to Gilbert a few days after the blockade, offering his cart, the Blue Sky Ship and his two oxen, Sune and Sharess, for transport if North needs it - free of charge, naturally.

Estara

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 15 2014, 6:22 AM 

Player

Samantha has kept up with Andrew in the patrols, guiding a few herself still and focusing more on the women. However, she seems far more tired than she was when she began. And instead of looking off-shore towards the ships, she seems to be looking other directions inland at... something else.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16 2014, 7:57 AM 

Player

The following is released as a personal statement from the Speaker of the Council, Xaviera Xee;

Quote:

People of Cordor,

I am pleased to announce that the Citizens' Tribunal has acquitted me of treason in the events of that terrible day so many months ago now.

Every one of our citizens lost is a loss to me personally, because their safety and security and well-being are my responsibility as a member of the Council. That some lives were lost as a result of the presence of Kohlingen's forces in the city is a terrible consequence of the evil that has been done to us, but the root of this evil is to be found in those who destroyed the Monolith of Mystra and the Amnish colony of Helmsport, and from whom Cordor is still in grave danger; it is the Arcanum who are to ultimately to blame for the deaths that day, and for the many that came both before and after.

The hatreds that now exist between the citizens of Cordor and the rest of Amia, including Kohlingen specifically as well as nobles, adventurers and nonhumans in general, have been carefully nurtured over the years by the Arcanum and their pawns to divide the island of Amia into bite-sized pieces unable to stand before their insidious plans of conquest, and the city of Cordor into bite-sized districts that were then set against each other. If anyone is to blame for the violence we have suffered, it is those who have stoked the fires of hatred with their exaggerations, half-truths and outright lies. It is they who drink the bitter wine of our grief.

The world is wider than just Cordor, and we must live with it. Cordor was once known as the City of Tolerance, and in taking up the mantle of intolerance we have turned our back on the world and, in so doing, given up our souls. Life is never perfect, and it was not perfect then, but in hardening our hearts against others we have ended up by turning our hands against our neighbours and our own kin, and this ruin of a city is the result. So long as we bear hatred for each other, hatred wins. So long as we fight against each other, violence is the victor. So long as we raise a hand against our own family, anger triumphs.

The people of Cordor have understood that I - and the Council - acted for the Commonwealth - for all of us, as the Council should do. Difficult choices were made, choices that we have suffered for, but which were made to protect us all from greater suffering. We are all citizens of Cordor and we have all shared in the losses. I urge you all not to reap the evil that has been sown among us, but to reject it. Let us try to heal our wounds and work together, rather than at cross-purposes. Doing so is but the first small step to overcoming our troubles, but without it we will not survive.

Citizens of Cordor, I thank you for your trust and faith in me, and I have trust and faith in you.

With love,

~ Xaviera

inprison666

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16 2014, 8:41 AM 

Player

The following morning after Minister Xee's trial, Dirgesh pushes the militiamen of Western Cordor to their limit and beyond with their drills and training. Finally after the day is done he gathers them together for a few words.

Listen up ye sods, I dunno which of not all ye addled lot got ye a problem wit sods at aint like ye get over it. Them ships at off the coast once they invade ye better stick together ye soddin berks er ye gonna be scribbed in the dead book faster than a god at the spire. Spect these drills te get harder since ye sods are so hardheaded. An ifn ye got a problem wit me ye can barakin to ye mommas cause ye aint doin it te me. Dismissed!

Elorathall

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16 2014, 11:50 AM 

Player

As news of the judgement of Xaviera's trial begins to spread, Marcus sets out to find a transcript of the proceedings.

"Sol Invictus"

P Three

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 16 2014, 18:59 PM 

DM

A living pot of red roses is delivered to the Temple of Love as congratulations by a small drowess.

Yee-haw!

Aly'dra Zau'ana: Priestessish Of Eilistraee
Danika Nefzen: Druid of the Earthmother
Delia Am'Anodel: Paladin of Torm

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 19 2014, 7:22 AM 

Player

Andrew pulled a crossbow bolt out of his armor and snapped it in his grip.

"They want to be that way, fine. I can do that too."

slkNihilus

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 19 2014, 17:15 PM 

Player

After a series of visits by Andrew Fryar to certain residences in Cordor West, a rumor begins to spread like wildfire through that district, at first, and the rest of the city: the murders that took place were executed by former Secretary of Law Jay Edgar Mover's men, on his orders. Many in Central scoff at the rumors and blame Harper-Noble-Terrorists for both the murders and the spreading of vile lies about Secretary Mover. Others still express more neutral views - while the rumors are outlandish, they may be true, after all Mover is no saint. Most, however, seem outraged that the former Secretary of Law would resort to such brutal terror tactics.

While Central remains very much divided in its loyalties, one thing is clear: these rumors have made Mover's popularity in the district take quite a noticeable dive.

AzureLuna

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 19 2014, 19:26 PM 

Player

In Wharftown, some Harper-Noble-Terrorists see to licking their wounds, both physical and emotional. They are seen at first in the Temple of Selune, then they gradually go into the tavern. Emilie sits at the bar peering into her cup as she speaks to the lithe woman standing beside her.

At least Richard wasn't there. Thank the stars. Emilie pores over some manuscript, taking care to read the margins.

Where is he?

She mumbles a reply before continuing, "It's easier for me. You know... Cynical. Jaded. I've only been in the fight two years. I expect to fail."

The silver-eyed Drow gazes at Emilie, holding her silence.

"Richard and Mover once worked together. Forcibly, but it's true. Andrew and Richard that had countless chances to kill him, or at least try, and they didn't. It now weighs upon them heavily." She raises her hand and signals another drink from the bartender as people begin to file into the tavern.

Xaviera

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 20 2014, 19:00 PM 

Player

The following notices are released by the Speaker on behalf of the Commonwealth Council.

Notice - Prisoners in the Cordor jail

The Council has decided to offer release to certain citizens detained in the Cordor Prison as a result of actions during the unrest of several months past.

Any citizen currently detained for charges on non-capital crimes (that is, not murder, treason, etc. but lesser offences such as theft, robbery, assault, destruction of property, rioting or resisting arrest) may elect to be released upon entering a plea of guilty and paying a fine of 100 - 1000 coins, the amount to be based on the number and severity of the charges.

This will be treated as a conviction and will remain on record and may be taken into account by a Court in any future trial.

One-half of the fines collected will be redistributed to those who lost family or property during the riots and who have not been charged with any offence related to the unrest.

This offer remains open to any citizen currently imprisoned, as above, until such time as it may be withdrawn. Any who choose not to accept this offer will be processed as normal as soon as resources and manpower permit.

The vast majority of those eligible to accept the Council's offer are citizens of West and Central Cordor. Some of the money collected will find its way to families in those districts who were adversely affected by Cordor's Guards or Kohlingen's troops on the 'Day of Rage'. Most, however, goes to those in South and East who were victimized during the riots that followed.

Notice - to the Guard, all units

This is to advise any and all units of the Guard and members thereof who, since the unrest that began on the day of Speaker Maximillian's death, have regularly and/or repeatedly not appeared for normal duty and/or who have refused the lawful orders of the Council, that you have ten (10) days to:

(1) report for regular duty at the Guard offices in South Cordor, and

(2) renew your oath of allegiance to the Commonwealth and acknowledge in writing that

(a) the Commonwealth is currently and legally represented by the Council consisting of Xaviera Xee, Elijah Cromwell and Eli Hodgewall, and that

(b) the individuals Collin Reyes, Tytalus, J.E. Mover, W. Hurst, P.E. Pincer, S. Pelczukr, G. Reed, and others, living or dead, who have been charged with crimes against the Commonwealth by the current Council (see (a) above) and who are thereby suspended or removed from any and all positions they may once have held, have no legal authority to command the Guard, issue orders, make laws or in any way act on behalf of the Commonwealth of Cordor, and

(3) accept any reassignment as decreed by your superiors, which may include changes of division, department or duties, or postings to other districts.

Failure to do so will result in (1) suspension or removal from the official rolls of the Guard, (2) termination of pay and possibly (3) disciplinary reduction in rank or dismissal.

Rumour claims that the Speaker has said 'If Mover wants the Guard to work for him, let him pay them himself.'

AlannaMolov

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 21 2014, 16:19 PM 

Player

There is a large commotion in the outskirts of Cordor, staring at the Temple of Love and ending with the body of an albino woman wearing the symbol of Selune. She is raised, and a report given- "Mover sends his regards," followed by a knife in her side.

The only lingering evidence of the attack lives on in a guard's report and a dark splatter of blood on a building in the outskirts.

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."

Xaviera

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 21 2014, 22:05 PM 

Player

AlannaMolov wrote:
There is a large commotion in the outskirts of Cordor, staring at the Temple of Love and ending with the body of an albino woman wearing the symbol of Selune. She is raised, and a report given- "Mover sends his regards," followed by a knife in her side.

The only lingering evidence of the attack lives on in a guard's report and a dark splatter of blood on a building in the outskirts.

Xaviera requests a copy of the Guard report in her official capacity as Speaker of the Council.

slkNihilus

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 21 2014, 22:09 PM 

Player

With the command structure of the guard being what it is (some would say inexistent) no reports are filed concerning this attack.

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 23 2014, 7:11 AM 

Player

This newsletter is left in fairly large quantities the Nomad. the Long and Short and most other public gathering places in Cordor. A few are left in the Commonwealth Center.

MISSION STATEMENT

This newsletter is an attempt at further transparency in my own department as well as a few other interest pieces. Because of the multi-faceted nature of this publication, the cost of printing and materials was taken out of my personal funds and not the school's.

BLUE SKIES ACADEMY OF CORDOR

Schedule

Currently the Blue Skies Academy of Cordor is set to open for classes on the Eleventh of Elient. Class will be held on the first seven days of the tenday, with three offdays to round it out. The school year will run until the 17h of Kythorn. Holidays: High Harvestide, Feast of the Moon, Midwinter, Greengrass, the Autumn Equinox and Commonwealth Sovereignty Day. Classes in Cordor are held from 10:00-14:00. Guldorand classes are held 15:00-17:30

Enrollment

Children 4-16 may enroll. Additionally, adults over 16 may request literacy or Citizenship exam tutoring. All of these services are free of charge or tuition. Students 12 and over must choose a vocation to study. All costs of apprenticeship/internship are covered by the Academy. They will only take classes in the morning so they may focus on their vocation or trade study in the afternoons and evenings.

Welcome back, Students!

Current Teaching Staff

Cordor
Headmaster Andrew Fryar: Philosophy/Government/Law
Joon of the Binder: History/Geography/Religion
Keliana: Literacy/Literature
Astraea'Celes: Math/Science

Guldorand
Headmaster Andrew Fryar: Philosophy/Government/Law/History/Geography/Religion
Castiel Fryar: Math/Science/Literacy/Literature

Meals

Free breakfast is offered 6:00-8:00. Free dinner is 18:00-20:00.

MURDERS

I was wrong about my initial theories into the murders of Jill and Gregory Fletcher of East Cordor and Roy Webber, Arthur Mennald, Samuel Arndry and Alys Benders of Central Cordor. These were not Amnian slayings. I'll repeat the details of these grisly crimes:

The bodies of Roy Webber, Arthur Mennald, Samuel Arndry and Alys Benders were found in Cordor South, conspicuously tucked into an alley way. Jill and Gregory Fletcher were found near the theater. All six were slain by a knife to the throat, however they were also savagely beaten. Considering their locations, it would seem a lynch mob formed to attack the residents of other districts. This may be a regular thing in Cordor West, however it is not common in the other districts.

The Cordor Guard recently incarcerated a thug in the employ of Mover named David Mason. He's a footpad who did some muscle and messenger work for Mover. The ensuing interrogation revealed several interesting bits of information, but one particular line is pertinent to this case: These six murders were done by Jay Edgar Mover's assassins, on his orders, to try and spark bloodshed between Central, East and South. The bodies were brutalized to make it look like the attacks were riots of mobs.

Also confirmed are the crimes of Lt. Addams Hole. He did indeed murder the people who had been signing my petition to investigate into corrupt clerks, including the family in West who had allegedly been murdered by an elf (who, as you'll remember, was never named or witnessed). Furthermore, Lt. Hole also murdered Cole, a resident of South. Lt. Hole took his orders from Reed, who in turn took his order from Mover.

Again, Jay Edgar Mover has proven himself willing to murder countless innocents for the sake of his power. Any person who was sent into the Blood Prison? That was on Mover's orders. Political enemies who vanished? Mover.

ASSASSIN

Jay Edgar Mover has a cell of assassins under him called the 'Third Party'. As you'll recall, following Mover's oust from the official seat of power in Cordor, assassins attacked myself and succeeded in harming Minister Eli Hodgwall and Speaker Xaviera Xee. David Mason admitted that these assassination attempts were orchestrated by Mr. Mover in an attempt to replace himself back into power. Furthermore, when Mover was briefly in custody, he was broken free by some of his assassins and at least two members of the Arcanum.

Two witnesses acknowledge that Sir Lawson, a Knight of the Law currently serving Mover, directing and working alongside an assassin (later identified below). It's unknown how many of West are complicit in these murders and the crimes of Mr. Mover, but information suggests that the many of them are happily in Mover's pocket.

On the topic of assassins, Mover has another assassin in his employ that is not one of the 'Third Party': Ivan Tylmitore, allegedly just a simple tanner who has a bit of a knack for defending himself from 'adventurers', is actually a seasoned assassin, a bard himself and a Cyricist – something Mover uses to keep Tylmitore in line while he manipulates the populace. In addition to helping Lawson murder Mover's enemies, he recently attacked someone near the Temple of Love. Ivan Tylmitore's is believe to be the same assassin due to using the same (uncommon) weapon of choice (kukri) and using a Bard's song – talents Tylmitore has publicly displayed. This assassination was witnessed by guards on scene and a handful of civilians nearby, including Tribune Gilbert.

Jacob Maringham, an outspoken resident of West, was also hiding Mover in his basement.

GUARDS

Mover succeeded in manipulating the Cordor Guard for so long for a couple of reasons: Enforcers, complacency and classic corruption. David Mason was one of these enforcers, alongside Yance. They would go to guards who were questioning their orders and 'convince' them to fall back in line. Not everyone buckled to this, however. Mason's interrogation delved into Nevaeh Tarvencia's attempted assassination of the late Maximilian. The frame-job, unsurprisingly, was orchestrated by Mr. Mover as well.

With all of this corruption spread through the guard, what were they doing? As I said, part of the reason behind their manipulation was corruption. Corporal Gravitius was named as the leak in the Cordor Guard, passing along information to Mover. This was part of the reason why Mover was busted out of his holding cell and why Templars of the Salandran Temple lost their lives. The corporal chose to help his boss evade and trial by this government for the sake of coin, with the hope to make his fortune on corruption.

It's no mystery that Gravitius is associated officially with Captain Reynolds and Lt. Marcus Aurelius. Are these men corrupt as well? No. They're not associated in Mover's criminal acts, but in the case of Captain Reynolds it's less clear. While he may not have been privy to Mover's actions, he was complacent to the point he may as well have been corrupt. Indeed, multiple sources have informed me Reynolds earned his position by being complacent and unquestioning – perfect for manipulation. Case in point: when Mover was being held for medical treatment following his initial arrest, Reynolds waited several days without attempt to collect him, despite claiming he was intending to do so, giving the man enough time to be sprung from jail. Was he waiting for such an event? Was Corporal Gravitius pushing him to remain idle until Mover could be sprung? Or is he just that lazy? I do not know.

And indeed, under Captain Reynolds, those wanted for trial seem to flee with impunity. Even if Mover has not been proven guilty in the court of law, there is a warrant for his arrest by a majority of the Ministers, including the acting Speaker. These three have the authority to indict for crimes against the Commonwealth. Not only that, this government wants Mover in for trial – something he has shown himself unwilling to comply to. Multiple witnesses and victims of Mover have expressed a desire to testify. The evidence against Mover is staggering. So, he continues to avoid justice, Guards out in West continue to flaunt and ignore the law like pre-Mover Commonwealth and the true seat of Cordor's power is made a fool. In fact, most of Cordor West's guards are in Mover's pocket, blatantly working against the law and the Council to protect a criminal. That would make these 'gentlemen' criminals as well.

Mover's attempts to grab and solidify power have left a mountain of corpses and harmed literally thousands of people's lives to varying degrees. Many would testify against him for the sake of justice or vengeance. I ask, is a government that refuses to protect its people by apprehending a dangerous criminal who is wanted for trial a government of any kind of legitimacy? If this Post-Mover Commonwealth wishes to prove itself legitimate, it will bring in Mr. Jay Edgar Mover to answer for his crimes, to answer and stare into the faces of those his machinations have harmed.

If this government will not protect its people, then its people should protect themselves.

AMN

Cordor remain blockaded by the Amnian ships. Though they have yet to close in, they did destroy an innocent civilian ship that was wearing a white flag when it tried to escape the blockade.

I should clarify my complaints with the Cordor Guard applies to those who side with Mover and the high brass: Cordor's field command and beat guards have been diligent in defending the districts from a multitude of potential hostilities, including spectres, and helping with Swords of South Cordor.

Those seeking to defend Cordor in the coming days against the Amnians and what ever else may come from the Arcanum should seek out Sergeant Philippi, Sergeant Avery or Corporal Valerius about applying for the Cordor Guard. To those who wish to volunteer as part time defenders can instead join Swords of South Cordor. Despite the name, we accept every decent man and woman who seeks to protect Cordor. To join the militia, seek out Sergeant Avery, myself or Parulg.

Nivo

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 28 2014, 16:18 PM 

Player

*From the Valis estate in Kohlingen comes a report, carried by messengers in Kohlingen livery. Sent to Dragonstone Keep in the Holy City itself, the elven council of Winya Ravana, the dwarven council of Barak Runedar, the high priestess of the Shrine of Eilistraee. A copy is sent to Barak Runedar, addressed to the leadership of the War-Knights. With a last being sent to Waterdeep, a report for the Lord's Alliance.

It is left to each faction and municipality to do with the report as they see fit.*

-

Operation: Spineshatter

With the combined efforts of the forces of Kohlingen, the duchy of Cordor, the dwarves of Barak Runedar, the elves of Winya Ravana, the War-Knights, and several independent adventurers, Operation: Spineshatter was a complete success.

The combined force of arms were commanded by Sir Robert of the duchy of Cordor, Warlord Sanguinius of the War-Knights of Tempus, Magus Mith of Winya Ravana, High Councillor Reddok of Barak Runedar, and Lord Ulrik Valis of Kohlignen. Upon arrival several miles north of Silverymoon, the combined force was able to hold against numerous advances of the enemy horde before taking the high ground, allowing the Lord's Alliance forces to secure Silverymoon from dire siege and buying time for reinforcements to arrive. In this time, Lady La'Quella of Winya Ravana was able to divine the location of the leader of the horde, the blood-mage clone of Tytalus: Ragnar. Her eloquence and deftness in the Art is to be commended.

The second stage of the operation took the allied forces northwest from Silverymoon, across the Rivermoot bridge via teleportation. From there all haste was made to Mithral Hall. Hundreds of denizens of the Underdark were felled. Driders and drow assassins, who had taken the opportunity of the horde's movement to lay siege upon the stout dwarves of Mithral Hall. While the fighting was fierce, the allied forces once more held strong, felling all foes who rose to challenge them. We arrived at Mithral Hall, and were granted the aid and hospitality of the dwarves of the hold.

The last stage of the operation was launched from Mithral Hall, with dwarven guidance to our destination. There the allied forces once more engaged in fierce fighting as we ascended the Spine of the World. Elite orcish soldiers and Arcanum magi were defeated, and our forces made their way to the sanctum of the blood magician Ragnar and the lair of the great white wyrm. While the greater part of the allied forces engaged the wyrm under command of Magus Mith, High Councillor Reddok, and Warlord Sanguinius, the rest entered the caverns to engage Ragnar.

While the existence of a 'time gate' was suspected, it was not until engaging Ragnar that the truth of that suspicion was made clear. Those who entered the caverns were caught up within a temporal trap, and cast into the far past. While it was certainly Ragnar's intent to deal with those who would challenge him by casting them into the past and trapping them permanently, it is my firm belief that the gods of magic did not allow such. For we were cast into the days when Azuth was a mortal-man, engaged in defeating the remnants of the cabal of Karsus. There we met the man who would ascend to become the Lord of Spells. There the beloved of Mystra sent us forward in time once more, back whence we had been cast away. The machinations of the blood mage were thwarted by the will of the gods of magic. Those who were fighting in service of the true gods of magic were ever guarded by them.

After a brief and intense battle, Ragnar was subdued. He was then subjected to the Ritus Tempus Claustrum, banished into liminal time by my hands and in accord of the will of Azuth. The great white wyrm was slain by the bravery of dwarves, elves, and men. The mass of orcish barbarians, whom were held by the sway of Ragnar's magic, turned on their human counterparts and the horde that descended from the Spine of the World was broken, scattered and left in chaos. Their leader defeated, and their numbers decimated, the War in the North is now over, with allied and Lord's Alliance forces victorious over those of the Arcanum and Collin Reyes.

To all who took to the field, come the thanks and regards of the Holy City of Kohlingen and the servants of the true gods of magic. Your bravery and honor shall be recalled years hence, and 'er the machinations of Collin Reyes are finally undone.

`Lord Ulrik Valis

Estara

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 29 2014, 6:56 AM 

Player

A blonde makes her way out of the Cordor Prison with a few others after a riot and a long search, slowly, in plates of steel. She looks exhausted and can be heard grumbling about Nevernonsense and job requirements.

Uno

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 30 2014, 0:19 AM 

Player

Hesh would be seen joining Andrew in training with the Swords

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 31 2014, 1:27 AM 

Player

This newsletter is left in fairly large quantities the Nomad. the Long and Short and most other public gathering places in Cordor. A few are left in the Commonwealth Center.

PRISON RIOT

Chaos and violence filled the streets of Cordor South recently. Following a routine arrest, a massive prison riot resulted in the release of several prisoners, most of which were arrested during Mover's rebellion march on South Cordor, when several armed citizens of West marched on the prison with weapons.

The adventurer, Dirk, was arrested by Sir Hector Godric and incarcerated for drunkenness and causing a disturbance in the Market Hall. He was escorted to the prison and locked in a cell. Less than an hour later, an emergency flare was dropped near the prison. Swords of South Cordor and local guards from the South District and the prison moved to contain the riot which consisted of at least a hundred escapees. Some benevolent adventurers also assisted in containing the riot. The rioters not only consisted of insurgents but also of 'Three-Men'. If you will recall, these Three-Men are Mover's personal assassins and were incarcerated at a previous date.

Gravitius, the corporal and associate of Captain Reynolds, who was exposed as being in Mover's pocket in my last newsletter, orchestrated the riot with Dirk after they shared a cell. Together, they managed to slay the guard on duty, retrieve the confiscated weapons and made a break during the chaos. Fortunately, the riot did not bleed into the other wings of the prison, just the minimum security wing.

Order was restored relatively quickly. The Prison was given a complete sweep. No escaping prisoners surrendered, but a few dozen were knocked unconscious and placed back in their cells. At this moment, the loss of life of civilians, militia and guards is unknown. Several of the rioters are either dead or missing. Citizens should be on the lookout and on their guard as these men are dangerous.

Dirk was slain by Sir Aiji of the Knights of the Law as he attempted to flee into the sewers. Gravitius was later found hiding under a sheet in a home near the prison, having ditched his clothes to steal a set of clothing from the home's occupant. He attacked when he was cornered and had to be forcibly restrained for his arrest. A group of adventurers under the command of Cordor Guard recruit Elisa Fryar (no relation) were responsible for finding and ultimately bringing the shamed guardsman to justice. Furthermore, Fryar's detective work provided the location of his hideout.

I was assured that Dirk, should he recover from his death, will be award with a lifetime ban for his actions.

It remains to be seen if 'Captain' Reynolds or the Cordor Government will continue to ignore these problems as the death toll continues to climb.

Elorathall

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 10 2014, 1:36 AM 

Player

A group of ragged-looking children and young adults is lead by a certain sunmaster to the Chapel of Lathander for care. If queried about the event, Marcus responds with:
"These prisoners of the Arcanum, originally from Zanshibon, were recovered and taken into Lathander's care. It appears that the Arcanum - or at the least Amon - is able to drain the fiendish portion of blood within tieflings and use it in the creation or summoning of a variety of full-blood fiends."

"Sol Invictus"

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 16 2014, 2:24 AM 

Developer

Cordor's Winter has been an eventful one, not quite over, yet with the seasons warming, so to does the mood of much of the city.

By in large, the North, East, and South districts work together well. Guards in each of those districts reporting as mandated by Minister Xee.

In the North district, their harvest, while not great, is enough to keep the city running. Thanks to donations, and the aid of many individuals and citizens, many of the farmers sport tools of great quality, and donated food has been enough to keep everyone fed at least comfortably. The scouts are so far, able to contain the threat of the goblins, who seem more intent on warring with each other than sending concentrated raids against Cordor.

Cordor East works back up to nearly full capacity, though the government offices are still slow, they start to speed up. Citizenship exams are being taken once more, though most often they leave a 'take home' exam at front, Franton requesting them to be reviewed once he's done. Still, with so few clerks, the offices understandably work at a low capacity.

In Cordor South, training of the militia continues, with the help of many they slowly become more and more professional. Productive activity aside from the docks is doing alright, but the blockade shutting down the docks means that little comes in from there. However, the dockworkers are busy setting up fortifications along the docks along with the guard, preparing for war. Many of them have opted to take up arms instead, and with all the equipment and offered training from guard and adventurer alike, slowly become at least a semi-professional fighting force. Many of them man the entrance to central, but now as well take time to patrol the areas around the jail.

The Jail in Cordor South has as well, seen some changes. Many are released as mandated by minister Xee. It's a solution done with many of the non-violent criminals there. It frees up enough jail space such that the prison is no longer oversaturated. They do many sure that the former prisoners check in every so often, but otherwise they're free. While it doesn't always work seamlessly, as some of them never report back, it has at least, taken some pressure off of the understaffed jail.

The guards of Cordor West do not report for duty, unsurprisingly, and wear different colors now. No to very little taxes to the central government come in from Cordor West either. By in large, the contents of Andrew's newsletters don't seem to sway their opinions much, if anything there's more respect given to Jacob for his part in “aiding” the cause. The people there continue to train their militia. West Cordor continues to have enough resources to survive. Still, for some reason, the aggressiveness that West Cordor had seems to be curbing some. No public responses are forthcoming at this time, however...

The most drastic changes however, are to Cordor Central. Many, reading Andrew's newsletters, are revolted at what they hear. The change is very clear, Central Cordor does not stand with West Cordor anymore. Though they are also reluctant to join up with the rest of Cordor as well from a political point. From a trading perspective, they continue to trade with both sides however, at least making sure the poor of west are well stocked (for a reasonable price). A fair number of guards in Central Cordor go to join up with South Cordor, however many of them fail to show up and instead seek private employment from the merchants guilds present in Central Cordor. So far, the merchants guilds seem disinclined towards involving themselves in politics, though among the people of Central, there is a growing resentment towards the old administration under Mover.

Overall, Cordor seems to be stabilizing, there's a certain calmness in the city... whether it be something to last or the calm before a storm, time will tell...

SkyfallingHaven

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 16 2014, 13:34 PM 

Player

Early in the morning a familure face can be seen in Cordor. The young paladin has returned to the South and is seen stretching where the militia are to meet. He seems set and focused and almost refreshed. He arms are strong his body is fit the man seems in very good health and this time he has some new toys with him.

He seems to have brought with him some sort of large wooden made training device. It is long in shape and has multiple combat dummies attached to it. Three to be exact. This seems to be some sort of contraption made to help ones physical strength grow in the upper body and the strong legs. When the young paladins asked about this device says to the others that this will be how you push the lines.

Izariel goes on to explain that when forced into a combat situation where multiple enemies have a formation that some times you have to push through the lines to deal a blow. He goes into explaining in detail how you do this. By using there shields and weight to force the enemy lines to be pushed back. He explains this will be the beginning of formations in hand to hand combat. So working with the others and this strange device he begins to show them each how to use brute strength and agility to there advantage.

Forming lines of three in front and two in back. The three in front holding shields the of the tower length while the two behind holding spears and swords. He goes in to showing them how to make a defensive line push with the shields up front and following it with the spears pushing through the middles side by side the one shield man in the middle. This formation seems to leave little weakness up front.

Following this Izariel works on various other drills in the same manner. Going into strategic techniques of basic nature. Formations, defensive blocking, shield guarding and arrow barrage preparations. The morning carries on and Izariel with the militia and those others working with them seem to work harder and harder in the South inviting those willing to join to do so.

Aruilther - The Bard

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Fri, Feb 21 2014, 3:06 AM 

Player

FIGHT NIGHT

Cordor West has once again instated Fight Night into its regular routines to both (a) increase and ready themselves to engage in civil war in Cordor and (b) to continue to saturate blood into the soil for the Arcanum. Indeed, the previous two Fight Nights have spilled much blood in their wake, which was easily drunken up. Mover, in his attempts to secure his seat of power, draws Cordor closer toward the Arcanum's grasp. Allegedly, West is inviting people to take up arms against the 'Eastern Oppressors'. This, of course, is coming from an organization that used torture, secret prisons, hushed the press and frequently abuses its power. Indeed, how oppressive has the East been toward the West? Aside from pursuing a man who is wanted for criminal charges (and evidence so damning it would challenge even the best defense attorney).

In one fell and disgusting swoop, Mover and his cronies are both moving to fulfill the blood contingency for the Arcanum and placing hundreds if not thousands of innocent lives on the line for their own power. This isn't even getting into the fact that the last Fight Night before the hiatus claimed several innocent lives from all districts of Cordor, and three children. This kind of blatant pandering to blood sport and violence in the name of power and entertainment is disgusting. Maybe certain people out of West have forgotten the names of Stewy, Billy and Charles 'Chitters', but I haven't.

Finally, their new 'champion' is none other than Dirk, the adventurer who attempted a prison riot escape alongside shamed former Corporal Gravitius, that resulted in several deaths. Not only is he allowed in West, he is welcome there as an ally and at least tolerated by Sir Lawson. I allege that Sir Lawson, for failure to uphold the law as demanded by his rank, should formally be stripped as a Knight of the Law.

I am seeking to re-create 'Citizens Against Fight Night'. Any interest, particularly former members of the lobby, contact me soon so we can work on something.

CONCERT

I will be holding a performance in Cordor Central's theater in one tenday at 19:00 ((Actually 2/24, 7pm CST)). The theme will be Cordor Springtime, followed by requests from the audience. Local artists who wish to perform should contact me immediately. Donations will be accepted to benefit the Cordor Orphanage, Moribund and Cordor's relief efforts.

DustSpray101

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13 2014, 16:20 PM 

Player

The mini Minister of Finance spends his first day of recovery resting under guard at the Hospice. To the best of his telling, whatever enchantment had befallen him at the hands of the fey had been lifted upon his return to the Prime Material Plane. He was himself again mentally, but physically he had never felt so worn out before in his life.

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 30 2014, 3:23 AM 

Player

QUINTESSENCE

West was forcibly cured of its silver infection a few days ago, to be replaced by a large silver orb which appeared over the city and blocked out the sky over the district. Guldorand suffered a similar fate. Both settlements had a 100% or nearly 100% infection rate. Cordor's anarchists are currently investigating, along with other arcane investigators who call the island home.

However, during the trial of Richard Johnson, a voice boomed over the city. This was Amon, a brazen blood mage affiliated with the Arcanum and bears a striking resemblance to former Minister of Magic and Arcanum heavy Tytalus. Amon purged the city of infection at a ghastly cost – several citizens suffered internal injuries and bleeding as the silver was forcibly removed from their system, causing an untold amount of deaths, with at least a thousand and still counting despite the efforts of Cordor officials, helpful bystanders and the Orphanage mothers.

It would seem, then, that Cordor is to be a battleground between the alien origins of the Quintessence and blood mages and, as can be seen, the people of Cordor are the victims.

TRUCE

In an attempt to solve the question of the Silver infection and (now) the murderous Amon, West Cordor and Eastern Cordor have agreed to a truce to lay aside their arms and to aid each other in securing Cordor's survival, with the intent to consider a permanent reforging of the city. Shortly after the wide-spread death by Amon, a hasty group composed of benevolent adventurers, Cordorian Guards and Western supporters struck at his heart but were temporarily repelled by a mass of blood monsters. Rest assured, Amon will be brought to justice.

MURDER

A woman named Alessandra was discovered cut up and stuffed in a chest in the Cordor East Market Hall. The grisly murder was quickly followed by a second one: A Boxer Stenton of North Cordor, who was found strapped to his bed. Both victims had their eyes missing. Cordor investigators quickly determined that the murderer is a Salandran doctor named Erhard Sternberg, allowing them to track him before he could kill again. His third victim, Roberta Stenton, was rescued from a burning building in West Cordor by a joint group of Eastern Cordor officials and West Cordor guards. Mrs. Stenton remains under heavy guard. Sternberg is affiliated with the Salandran parish in the Dalelands. He is a middle-aged man with a fascination with Eysheila.

What follows is a picture of Erhard Sternberg done by a witness.

Eysheila is the Oracle, one of the mortal heroes and companions of Salandra before her ascension. Sternberg has left scripture quotes from the story of Salandra, Morgana and Eysheila at two of the crime scenes, seemingly attempting to draw parallels between himself and the story of his Goddess. All of Sternbergs victim and attempted victims have been unhealthy in some manner. If any one sights this monster or has any leads about his whereabouts, please contact Andrew Fryar through my box at the Courier's office.

slkNihilus

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 23 2014, 1:20 AM 

Player

News finally begins to reach Amia, Ruathym and Brogendenstein of the turmoil in which mainland Faerun has been thrown over the past week or two: in every single human-dominated country and city fighting has broken out. In every case, the "aggressors" are cabals of human male wizards who carry the Arcanum's inward spiral symbol and have rallied whatever discontent masses they could find. In most cases, a good number of the local human wizards have rallied to this new cause, throwing defenses into disarray, while in others the assailants brazenly summon legions of undead and demons to make up for the comparatively low numbers of their army.

Those settlements that boast mixed populations of humans and other races see a rise in racism. Violence has broken out in many, mostly where the non-human population attempted to find a peaceful solution. In some settlements, however, anti-human factions such as the Eldreth Veluuthra are rumored to have struck first, their numbers swelling with the desperate and the hateful; those who fear to lose their loved ones and those who have already lost them.

Word is that Thay has entered a state of civil war, with a large number of the Red Wizards supporting the coup organized against the Zulkirs. The country has since shut and secured its borders and even the citadels spread out through Faerun are unaware of what is transpiring within their homeland.

Cormyr has been hit hard by the sudden rebellion: the "revolutionary" army has surrounded Castle Obarskyr and laid siege, the Purple Dragon Knights being routed after a large company of cormyrian wizards showed their true colours during the first battle and loosed their spells upon the knights' ranks. Nothing is known of the Princess-Regent, the boy-king Azoun V and the Royal Mage Vangerdahast. Some rumors claim they're trapped inside the castle, others that they've fled the country to safety, while others still claim the royal family was slain by their mage turned traitor.

Amn and Halruua have, rumor has it, entered an alliance to ensure "the betterment of the magical world and humanity as a whole". Thus far that is the only thing known of the two states.

In Silverymoon, Aglarond, Waterdeep and even Shadowdale attempts have been made on the lives of the Chosen of Mystra. Fortunately for the Realms, none of these have been successful. The whereabouts of the Magister, however, are currently a mystery. Many fear she has been slain or captured, as all attempts to contact her have thus far failed.

Only Amia, the amnian fleet off her shore, has not yet seen bloodshed of that magnitude, proving to be the proverbial eye of the storm. At least for the time being.

Nivo

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 23 2014, 14:42 PM 

Player

Within the city of Kohlingen, the Valis estate remains the flurry of activity that it has been the last tenday. Correspondences are both delivered and in turn dispatched, to both Dragonstone keep and locations elsewhere. A deal of organizational efforts seems centered about the guarded home of the former Magister and Chancellor, whose retirement seems more of a farce now than ever before.
Tick.

Ulrik Valis, the grey-haired and mustached magician, the last Headmaster of the fated Monolith of Mystra, can be seen more often outside the Holy City of late. The magician attending a number of meetings and seemingly last minute preparations. He might even be seen attending meetings in Cordor, of all places. He carries himself with a certain calm and confidence. As news of the troubles of the mainland hit Amia, he seems utterly unmoved and undeterred in his efforts.
Tock

Time in Kohlingen is spent within his study. Spells and rites are reviewed and kept sharp in mind. Rare moments of quiet solitude are spent with his family, or within the yet serene Shrine of the Lady of Mysteries in prayer before the altars of the true gods of magic.
Tick

The board was almost set for the final match. He had a few more valuable pieces to return to the board. Soon a game started years ago would finally come to a head. The odds were decidedly unfavorable, he could only conclude. The enemy had a greater number of pieces to play. Worse yet, the value of the enemy's pieces was greater than the ones set against them. The enemy had decidedly superior positions, and the freedom to move with relative impunity. Superior pieces, resources, positioning, and foresight that defied the laws of reality. It had been a point of consternation, one he had trouble seeing beyond.
Tock

It took the words of an eccentric hermit to remind the grey-haired magician of his past. A subtle reminder of the man the now ennobled wizard once was, and yet remained, beneath the veneer of nobility, courtly etiquette, and resigned political offices. It was a simple reminder for a man who had been accustomed to weighing risks and odds and the expenditure of resources. He had lost sight of himself, and a simple principle that guided him when he fought against the vampire coven of Count d'Mortegaurde. As he led the Monolith of Mystra against the Red Wizards and other countless evils. As he had tread in the darkest of places, and stood against powers that were greater than he could ever aspire to be. From beneath Cordor to the far reaches of Maztica.

Tick

Tock

The odds could be damned.
Tick

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next