View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
The1Kobra

PostPosted: Thu, May 24 2012, 20:55 PM 

Developer

Kurchin thought to himself, again while painting 'The Bardic Heart' on the south wall. Thankfully this one seemed relatively untouched, since the blast went off on the lodge side.

Crisis averted, sort of.

Scramble repairs helped a lot. Emily's been assigned to the furniture so that should be repaired soon. Tables, benches, chairs, quite a lot of damage there. I'm going to need new merchant stalls too. Talyne's spell helped regrow the charred grass, so that's looking good as new, if a good deal taller than before. None of the Triumvirrim were harmed, for which I'm greatly thankful for. The cushions may have to be replaced if we can't fix them. If so, I'll have to send someone to get those, since I'm banished from Djedet (why oh why did they have to ban all kobolds?... if it was Kazyyk I swear...), and Uhm (For saving someone's life too).

There's been some damage that won't be easily repaired though. Tana and Phrae's wall-painting has been completely ruined, which they're both understandably upset about. Bleedingum's book stocks were damaged too, so he's bound to be upset.
On the plus side, Malatril came through on the plaques, and they're looking nice. I'll put them in whenever the repairs are done, and when those merchant stalls are in. The peach pit park ones can go in soon for certain, though I'll want a bit more time to clean the area.

I've got Amras working reparations, he feels terrible about this whole thing, I don't blame him. It brought back some of my own regrets seeing the look on his face. I worry for him, but I think this is what's best for him. Wrath will only lead to despair. I can only hope his other friends are supportive as well.

And then there's Willow and her help... and the warning I got. I'll have to ask my contacts as to whether she's trouble or not. Still, I've had something of an uneasy feeling about her since I saw her, like one of my buried memories... It means I'll have to be careful, though I really don't like to be distrusting of people.

Also, I -really- hope the Triumvirrim respond to my request to gather. It's a rather urgent matter I feel.

DolphinRacer

PostPosted: Fri, May 25 2012, 0:22 AM 

Player

On occasion a man can be seen in the Shrine of Shaundakul in a pale blue heavy trench coat and hood with a large katana across his shoulder, he generally prays and then proceeds to clean up the shrine, picking up any trash or debris that may have been tracked into it and occasionally dusting everything, before departing.

Kira "Penny" Sigers
Better than Boulderdash!

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Tue, May 29 2012, 4:03 AM 

Developer

Days went by... progress on the wall-painting on the portal-side wall continued. Still, much of Kurchin's time was taken up by planning, making orders, plotting, worrying. He went into the lodge late that night to rent a room, certainly had a day full of activity. A jumble of thoughts went through the kobold's mind as he rested...

I must say I couldn't help but feel a touch of irritation at the lack of response to my request for a gathering. They certainly seemed to forget about it quickly enough... Didn't want golems... I can understand to a degree, but it really feels at times like they have a sickening amount of apathy and hubris to them. I certainly know that Tana and Phrae are bound to be quite angry when they find out. It was their painting that was obliterated after all... I worry for what might happen though.

Emily says she has the new stalls and replacement furniture underway. Hopefully I won't need any more repairs after this and we can get to work on the stage. That's been a priority that we've never gotten to for too long.

I've got a festival in the works, art festival, have a contest, top two landscape paintings adorn the shrine of Shaundakul. Second event is an art auction. I really don't get why people are so obsessed with coin, but I heard it will attract people, plus it worked for the Heralds back before things went wrong, so it should go well. I'll be providing the food and drink again. Reminds me that I'll need prizes... I'll need a jeweler and some flour...

Divinations went quite well, I'm glad Tuomas was with me. The stage is a floating island... yet there seemed to be no obvious under-entrances. Still, it seemed quite deep... I wonder if I'd be able to dig in an understage if such does not already exist? I'll have to look into it, but if so, we'll have to be careful of digging too deep, because then someone could literally fall through the floor. And from what Tazlin said about planar breaches like that... it's not something I want to happen. So maybe it's a bad idea period.
I compared notes with him in Kohlingen. Seems like the first part of Tazlin's theory held true, I wonder if the second will as well. If it is, I'll have to be more careful with what I do. I'll have to scrap the classroom in the backstage, probably will anyways. Courtyard is loaded with magic, I wonder what all the conjurations are. Also makes me wonder if the waterway contains any hidden passages.

I've got Spence working on some Armoires for the stage. More room for costumes and such. The mouldy walls really need some refurbishment... at least I think so.

Jon's been talking to me about actor psychology. I think it's paying off, I managed to do so reasonably with the fortune teller. I'll need to keep it up though if this project is to succeed. Reminds me I'll need to give her one of my emeralds and do a reading, just to humor her.

Reminds me, I want to get something to hold over Willow... I have a feeling she's going to be a headache and I'd rather not deal with it. Could be useful, not sure. I did some background checks and it's not looking like a pretty picture there. For now I'll keep things civil but I imagine that she'll end up causing some problem down the line.... I just hope I'm ready for it.

I've got three paintings to finish, landscape, auction painting, and Ulrik's commission. I'll need to get them done. I'll have to find some inspiration, I might ask some friends for an expedition (anywhere but Abyss, please not the Abyss, why does everyone want to go there?!?). I honestly don't know what to make for the auction painting though. I'm not used to painting for coin. It seems like a perversion almost, paintings are expressions of the heart, and the paintings I've made have all been extensions of my heart, and that's what makes them special, it makes them -valuable-, to myself and others. But if I'm making something just for coin, it loses that special bond, my heart is no longer in the art, but the gold, and that's not something I particularly want. It feels like a hollow thing, truly. I'll have to figure this one out... or feel it out, since it's a problem of the heart...

There's also that plague, I wish it would end. It's such an abomination of spread misery, and it hurts this place a lot, albeit indirectly (especially since one of the input ends is -Winya-). I want to help with it, but I'm not sure if I can. I'm no warrior, my magic is mediocre,... there was that knights charge which I partook in and felt really beaten up afterwards... I'm not sure what to do. I imagine devoting myself to stopping the plague and those Talonites would be a huge effort, one which I think I should be spending on the Triumvir... an easy answer isn't here, alas...

I think about Elorathall's actions more and more. I found I've come to sympathize with what he tried to do, especially after all of the destruction. I can't say what would have happened then, and I know I wouldn't have done the things he would have... though that's what scares me actually when I think about the golems. I was thinking about having them moved in without the consent of the Triumvirrim, under my control. Such would be a horrid move, but I do wonder if the natives take their safety seriously enough...
And there I go again. It's a matter of protectorship. With this project I feel a responsibility to this place, like I'm responsible for what goes on. That hellball, that's on -my- turf and I shouldn't allow that. Except, I know, it's not my turf. I'm doing a favor for the Triumvirrim. It's funny how it all starts with good intentions and thoughts and could easily lead to making the mistakes that he did. It's on my mind a lot now. I wonder had I been in Elorathall's position as leader of a bardic group... would I have made the same mistakes as he? Would I have suffered the horrid reputation that he had? Would the paintings never have been destroyed? It's made me wonder a lot... he got -all- of the blame from Vodak where I got none...

That's another thing keeping me up. I wonder why I'm doing this, it would be so much easier to just have cookies, bake, paint, hug. Except my guilt, I feel responsible for releasing Vodak, I don't even know if the Triumvirrim know my role in those events. If they did, would they hate me? Or would they just rationalize it and blame Elorathall anyways? It's not fair is it?... I just wonder if I'm doing all of this just to absolve my guilt. Wouldn't be the first time...
And when I think about that, I come to Amras and how I dragooned him to be on my workforce. It's funny, I've been saying such similar things that people told ME about Vodak when I talk to him about the hellball incident, and his reaction was much the same as mine...

So much to do... better get that order in soon. After I come up with witty enough names.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 05 2012, 16:48 PM 

Developer

One day in the Triumvir, Kurchin seemed to have developed some new trick for painting the walls. His little kobold height could only reach so much. With an application of the spell Mage Hand he enchanted a paintbrush to paint in places he could not ordinarily reach. As he did so, Kurchin seemed to be completely oblivious to the rest of the world around him, completely absorbed in the painting. While intense artistic focus was not something new to the kobold, this time it seemed deeper if possible... the activity would persist for many hours...

It stopped when Kurchin felt a rush of hunger, his grumbling gullet breaking his concentration. As it did, the paintbrush, with the kobold no longer directing it, fell on Kurchin's head with a 'thud', splashing black paint all over his muzzle. He gazed around, dumbfounded... the painting seemed more complete, but his head hurt... he'd lost all track of time...
He soon collapsed from exhaustion, soundly sleeping on the grass...

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 11 2012, 0:01 AM 

Developer

Progress, delicious progress. How it feels so good, even if it is tiring. I hope that I and Emily's efforts are worth it. I'll have to contact E'Dalar about the open auction whenever I can find him again...

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o266/The1Kobra/Setup1.png
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o266/The1Kobra/Setup2.png
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o266/The1Kobra/Setup3.png
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o266/The1Kobra/Setup4.png
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o266/The1Kobra/Setup5.png

Still need to pay the loreladies a visit, see if they'd like a scribe's desk set up. Maybe? Who knows.

Nevaeh suggested a dueling ring for the lodge. Personally I'm not thrilled with the idea. I doubt Jon will like it too. It seems to be something that invites violence and really I -don't- think that's appropriate for the Triumvir. Maybe it redirects it, I don't know. I know he didn't want Isabella's guild around, such a thing would attract a similar audience... then again it is a travelers guild, and I really don't know why he doesn't like adventurers at the same time it seems like the Triumvirrim are okay with Draco's devil cult roaming around the place and before Vodak murdering people right in front of them...

I have that jewelry being worked on, it's taking a while. I know I shouldn't rush it but I don't want to delay the art festival announcement too much.

I'll just have to see how things play out. For now though, time for a stroll through Cordor... and a hug.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 19 2012, 23:39 PM 

Developer

Disaster struck again...

Barely any words were spoken before a Banite came into the Triumvir and attacked the inhabitants, killing Asmodai with one spell, then Kurchin with another. Then he started casting four earthquakes in the area before being subdued by two visitors...

Asmodai was revived, who then took the kobold's bloody remains off to the Salandran temple... Kurchin did not return that day.

He lay in bed at the Salandran Temple after being resurrected by Sister Teresa. His mind wandered after his visitors departed...

Seems the closer I am to bringing the Triumvir back to life the more things like this I have to deal with. First it's negotiating a truce between Cordor and Faerwyn... which I think I did, managing to get them to at least cease hostilities in the Triumvir. The Banite though... I worry about whom else he might have hurt other than me and Asmodai. I won't be able to inspect on the collateral damage until I'm checked out of here...

I don't want to step on the actor's toes but three people -died- in the Triumvir today... I wonder what they'll think?... if they even pay the matter any mind at all... I have to come up with an equitable solution... later though, when my head stops ringing... I sure wish I could have more company, I need a hug.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 24 2012, 17:11 PM 

Developer

The festival started off quite well. I'd anticipated more entries for the contest, but it seems like we got enough. I think that part went well enough, even though my entry wasn't one of the contest winners. It started off quite nicely...

At least, until the 'broomface brigade' took the stage,..

They interrupted the festival to state their political grievances against Cordor, which I did not appreciate. And they scared away much of the audience too. I probably should have told them to stop it sooner...

And then at the end, during the auction, they -burned- a painting!?... sigh... Phrae was quite angry about it all, and they paid over eighty thousand to do so but still, that was making a mockery of everything this place is. To burn art like that...
I doubt that this festival will attract more artists to this place, a place where people apparently get murdered in the courtyard and have people like that burning their art... not after Vodak... after they burned the piece the place nearly broke out into violence... I'm going to have to have words with Faerwyn and her bunch, I do not appreciate them upstaging my attempts to rebuild this place and then destroying the art this place cherishes. I doubt the Cordor Guard will appreciate their stunt as well, enough so that they might renege on their part of the deal, I sincerely hope they won't. Then again, they did nothing to help their cause with their stunts.

Still, I suppose I should be happy I have two paintings to get to the shrine, I just need to get the first place winner off of Karindi.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 25 2012, 12:39 PM 

Developer

Another day, another murderous rampage in the Triumvir. That's two this week with a total of five deaths, not counting the fight that nearly broke out on the stage. And yet the Triumvirrim don't seem to care at all. They didn't care before when Dee Dee would sacrifice people to devils right in front of everyone in the courtyard... you'd think after Vodak killed most of them that they might want to reconsider, but apparently not. I'm not sure if I can handle the renovation project if the constant violence keeps up.

This isn't the first time I've had doubts about this project, but it's been getting worse of late. Pandering to the arrogance, hubris, and apathy of the actors guild is the only way to make them not go into revolt, and yet doing such is not going to help this place at all...

I still recall when we set up the lamps, they went on a rampage. They nearly destroyed the object which they -asked- -us- -to- -put- -in- -for- -them-!, and nearly broke the place out into a brawl...

I've been talking to my friends a lot about this, though they always suggest to me that I ignore the wishes of the actor's guild and do what's best for them anyways. Usurp command of the place... but I don't want to do that. I'd sooner quit, which is honestly looking like a better and better prospect. There's no way I can rebuild this place if all of my progress gets destroyed by random pointlessly violent people destroying everything I work for... so they think it's for the best. Honestly, I can understand where they're coming from. I've been working on restoring this place for months, and the actors haven't done anything to help put this place back together from the get go. Jon's been helpful, but the actors are more an obstacle that gets in the way. It honestly feels like that now. And yet I'm working for them to try and rebuild this place. I wonder if they're scaring away potential newcomers... because if they're this difficult with everyone else I imagine they easily could.

Headache now... I haven't had time to work on the wall painting in a while, mostly because I've been too busy dealing with the random violence and cleaning up the wreckage after it happens. Urgh... I -really- need to talk to Jon, and not just because I need to see if that playwright is around. The festivals haven't helped as much as I'd have thought and if I can't get plays going then this place isn't going to get any better. Goodness knows the actors guild isn't going to help...

Urgh... I really don't like thinking like this. I can easily see why this place broke Elorathall's heart...

And yet, despite all the hardships, I'm here to stay. If nothing else because my guilt won't allow me to give up on trying to restore the place which I helped to break.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 01 2012, 4:15 AM 

Developer

A weary kobold lay down on a bed at the Mayfeld's after another fight at the Triumvir. The Banite came back, and again a fight broke out. Two casualties... the Banite and Avadon...

Another fight today, same Banite as before. I honestly don't know how he came back... but he came looking for violence again... and was given violence in kind. And he's dead. Again. Sigh.
That makes... three fights and two almost-fights in ten days. This place is becoming a violent madhouse and if the actors don't care then...

Means I need to work around them. I've ignored the problem for too long and I can't keep rebuilding the place if there's violence and murder going around all the time. I could just put in golem guards and stomp the violence problem flat, but the actors would revolt. And they don't seem to care about all the random violence and mayhem and murder. Other solutions have been suggested, but they just don't work, banishment wand, locking the lamps... all not feasible given the resources I have.

I hope that the 'Artist of Life' festival goes well. It's good that I'm not the only one working to make this place better, I just wish the actors could get together and do something... Some of my friends are a bit suspicious of him, I must say that an artist that refuses to name himself does come off as odd, but then again us artists all have our oddities. I probably have mine, though I think most people just chalk it up to being a kobold... .... I'll just do what I can to make the festival go well.

I'm trying to keep my good spirits but incidents like this are withering it away. I can't even remember the last time I worked on my wall painting, it seems that the danger this place presents is scaring away my working staff.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 05 2012, 0:49 AM 

Developer

Kurchin's liveliness is rekindled after one meeting with Jon. He spends a lot of time at the library now, either helping with setting up the scribe's desk which Emily made, or with research. He searches for play's scripts in the library, hoping to find something in the multitude of dusty tomes there.

Jon didn't know about the artist of Life, worrying... Artists tend to be eccentric and this one, more so than most... he didn't fit the profile that I've come to recognize of a normal artist. Strange... I hope it's not problematic. I'm rather concerned with his lack of response though.

I've put the order for two play-scripts, once I get them, I'll have to address the actors... I have an idea. I'd best take my retinue with me. I hope that goes well. The actors guild needs to get involved in this project.

Speaking of which, I really hope the stuff regarding Akantha isn't true. Good help is hard to come by. Unfortunately I have the very distinct feeling that this will not be the last I will hear of the matter... can't have her end up like Willow... who I probably haven't heard the last of yet...

I'm going to have to do something about that Banite, or put forth a more general solution. Stopping the Banite only stops him, not from random murders occurring. Honestly, if I could... I'd only put down two laws here, one against murder, and another against destroying the art of others. Maybe it's something innate with kobolds? A tendency towards order? I wouldn't ask for much, just some... things that I would hope would make the artistic spirit of this place flourish...

The differences between myself and the other artists are... somewhat pronounced. I'll admit, acting how they do helps bridge the gap between me and they but I don't know if I like that. I'm not in it for the gold or the fame... and yet... I think I'll have that if I keep going with this...

Too much thinking about that unpleasant stuff, I'll make the Planar Art Show grand and mysterious and then get the plays going. Remidns me, I need to stop by Cliffside...

DolphinRacer

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 06 2012, 1:45 AM 

Player

The man in the blue jacket and hood that has been occasionally cleaning and tending the shrine continues to come by periodically, but now he is frequently accompanied by a small, curious grey kitten that scampers energetically along in his wake and tends to run around and climb all over things while he works. He occasionally talks to it as he would any other person, and sometimes the cats mewling responses almost sound as if it understands him. The odd pair would leave after a brief effort to tidy up and a prayer to the Helping Hand.

Kira "Penny" Sigers
Better than Boulderdash!

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 08 2012, 14:28 PM 

Developer

The festival ended in disaster, with the final act being a monstrous abomination unleashed and attacking those present on the Triumvir... the results were destructive and disastrous...

The scramble afterwards left Kurchin in no better of a mood as he rushed to tend to the injured and then find the ones responsible.

Much later that night, Kurchin spent a lot of time on the stage, tending to the damage there, though spending a lot of time thinking...

Damnit, I'm really becoming paranoid... *sigh*... I need to be careful about all my potential help these days, even an artist putting on a show turns out to be a devil cultist... damnit all... I -really- need to speak to Jon, and hopefully the actors will see some sense with all of the murder, mayhem, and other messes that happen in this place. Damn it all... was I signing up for all of this when I signed up to rebuild this place? I've made progress but if this mess gets out of control everything could be lost. Conspiracies among conspiracies, do they even know that they threaten to unmake this place entirely with their randomly destructive actions?
But I still need to repair this place, and if it means entering this game of shadows, then so be it. It's my move now.

Grymia

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 08 2012, 16:43 PM 

Player

Tuomas too contemplated the situation involving the actors and Triumvir, however he seemed to be considering a possibility in his mind with great care. He seemed to ponder how to look into a possible theory of his without tipping his hand, too much at the least with the actors.

It occured to the Gnome, he needed to speak with Jon at earliest convienence.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 13 2012, 18:10 PM 

Developer

Kurchin lay on his bed at the Salandran Temple, his muzzle and right leg casted, several ribs broken, several patches of scales removed by surgeons, which hurt a lot. He wasn't sure if they'd even re-grow. Waking up was painful and he couldn't even scream.
Not that the past few days had been any better, it would have been obvious that Kurchin had been extremely tense since the attack on the stage, even more so after Cliffside had been razed. Scampering from closed door meeting to another, in between cleaning up the stage. The wall painting he had started so long ago was still unfinished and yet still completely untouched... oh right, his reference painting was blown up during the festival. The others didn't seem to be making any progress either. Tana and Phrae had their efforts blown up as well, and Kurchin hadn't seen them since, especially with the response of the actor's guild... And not to mention he now had at least two groups of devil cultists after him in addition to forces from Muhldorand which he had little comprehension or control over, yet he came to the conclusion that he would have absolutely no friends there.

In between his silent screams and the pains of his broken limbs, he'd spend time thinking about his predicament. When his thoughts came to the Triumvir...

I could be in here for a day or several weeks, or months even. I don't have that long to waste. Yet it seems I must. I can't go doing anything like this, can't even talk. I need to get word out, need to get someone in my retinue to take my place until I get back...
Lets see, there's Tana and Phrae, unfortunately they haven't been around much since the hellball incident and they might be very hostile towards the actors for their insistence on not having any guards in the place, even after I offered them.
Akantha has been very very helpful. However, I also happen to know she's a Tiamat cultist, and she's been stirring up trouble in Djedet and Nes'ek. Considering one of the lamp ends is in Djedet, it could spell a lot of trouble if I handed the project over to her with them, and that's assuming I can trust her not to go off and do her own thing with the place.
Verielia's been busy. Amras blew the place up, even if he has been regretful of it. E'Dalar has provided funding aplenty but I don't know if he'd be able to manage this place, plus has been absent lately. I could ask Taelar but with Avadon absent he's been busy, and while I can trust him I don't know if he'd have the leadership or artistic inclination to pull it off, too blunt to deal with them properly.

That leaves Elle and Gein as realistic choices. I hope they're up for the task...

It's out of my hands now, I'm sorry. I tried...

Grymia

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 26 2012, 19:05 PM 

Player

Tuomas took some time over the next days in the Triumvir and was seen in one of two likely contexts.

The first was heading into the Triumvir's Demiplane of Lore to go over the texts there, seeming to have a strong focus on manuals about Celestials of varying sorts at least to start off.

The second, would entail him working with some implements on a ritual off to a side of of the Courtyard trying to remain out of everyone's way, invoking a ritual involving 4 strips of Ivory and Incense. In the time spent within the ritual the Gnomish Magician would be rather intent on his efforts.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 28 2012, 19:59 PM 

Developer

Tired...

Kurchin would continue around the Triumvir, however he appears a lot more fatigued and strained than normal. The strains of helping the place come alive have been taking their toll on him before, but it's much more obvious now. The energy which he started the project with seems to have been drained, exuberance replaced with exhaustion. And yet, keep going he does, but how long he can keep it up is unknown...

Day after day I'm forced to clean up violent outburst after violent outburst... the Tarkuulians stop at nothing to keep this place dead, Kohlingen has pulled support. I have several groups out to kill me. I'm not sure if I can even trust my closest associates...
Of course, they want them gone, but if I do that, is that fair to them? How do I know they'll even help afterwards? Do I have to mistrust everyone who offers me help? That paranoia paid off with Emilie, yet what can I do? I don't think I can continue on alone...
Alone...
I know I'm not completely alone but it certainly feels that way. But here I sit in the courtyard, waiting for the next disaster to happen...

I'll have to see if I can get Reddok some help, I'm honestly not expecting much though. I doubt the Triumvirrim will want to leave this place... I can't even attend the festival he wants my help with...

That play, it's taking so long. Laerira's effort fizzled. Playwright isn't in. My unexpected stay at the Salandrans didn't help at all. While I was away this place went nuts and it's not being helped now...
I really don't know what to do anymore... just keep going and hope for the best...

Estara

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 05 2012, 4:15 AM 

Player

Samantha shows her face inside the demiplane for the first time in a long while, accompanied by two well-dressed elves. All she really does is look around, say hello to everyone who's set themselves back up and go through the library to see how it's changed. Anyone who watched closely might see her stop and stare at a certain spot in the central mini-moat for awhile. After a few hours she continues on her way, looking a little confused as she tries to operate Tuomas's device...

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 07 2012, 3:26 AM 

Developer

Setback

Things have slumped more than a bit. My stay at the Salandran Temple has been more hazardous to this place than I'd thought. Had I know I'd have just used a regeneration scroll to heal my injuries right then and there, and this would never have happened. Maybe it would have, I don't know, but things have gotten worse than I'd thought in my absence.

Kurchin sat staring at an unburning fireplace for a while, reading a note. He was thinking deeply about something.

Akantha's gone. Elle's missing in action, not sure what happened to the fashion show. Gein's around, thank Lliira, but I cannot help but be worried about and for him.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about my conversation with Luca. He talks about Tarkuul not actively doing anything against the Triumvir but I don't believe him, all those leads I found went straight back to Tarkuul. I honestly don't know what to do about those Tarkuulians. If this place is a warzone it's not going anywhere fast.

Okay, so I've been dealt a bad hand, but I'm not out yet. I need to get some gathering going, involve the Triumvirrim, prove to the playwright this place is worth investing in, and then go from there. I'll also have to deal with the Tarkuul situation carefully because they will try and sabotage my progress however possible, I'm certain.

The kobold thought of himself playing a game, on a board with cards, dice, and pieces. He looked at his position, bad, but not unwinnable. He thought carefully before touching a piece.

My move.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 16 2012, 20:37 PM 

Developer

Of late, Kurchin has been rather active with various activities in the Triumvir, it seems that the kobold has something, or a lot of things on his mind. Openly, he seems to be arranging to have a fashion show go smoothly. He's also often in the stage, looking over a piece of paper and trying some quick self performances. Other times, when he's alone on the stage, he's testing some nonlethal traps, such as ones that spray a bucket of water or pull a pie-in-the-face. However, he's very careful to clean up after himself and to not leave any live charges when he leaves the stage. He might let his muzzle (since he doesn't have lips) slip that he's trying to put together some comedic shorts for a future festival.

Other times, he's in the library, either researching traps, or looking into elven baking recipes...

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 29 2012, 3:55 AM 

Developer

Success!

The party was a great success. A good audience, a good crowd. Arc and Eddard didn't show, but I dragooned Tuomas into helping out. He did great though, and I think it was a relaxing experience which he sorely needed. I, Kaytie, Lilia, Shyllia, Ezri, and Tuomas all showed off to the crowd, Shyllia and especially Cilessa helped the performance with the illusions... it was great. I knew I was expecting a spooky theme but Cilessa went well farther than I could ever have imagined with the showmanship. We all did well, though poor Lilia, had stage fright and vomitted off-stage! Still, I appreciate her help. How vivid the environment was, -that- is the spirit of the Triumvir. Truly an awe inspiring experience, I hope that this spurs the other Triumvirrim to activity. I need to do this more often...

We had a nice after party too. Erelkacha entertained with her drunken antics, we had drinks, I sure hope Jon is happy with the turnout. It took a while to put this together but it was done. I have to say most of the work was done by Kaytie, though Shyllia and Cilessa did so much as well. I'm glad I could help put this together. By comparison it seems the things I've done were so plain, but this, this was true art Indeed!
I hope this inspires the Triumvirrim to activity, and that playwright... I hope he contacts me and soon.

But now I know what must be done. This is the kind of thing that makes the Triumvir -special-. The culmination of... who know's how much effort? I don't know, but it was all worth it. More will be worth it too, even if I have to put the whole thing together myself. But for tonight, I can rest easy knowing that this was a job well done.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 01 2013, 3:07 AM 

Developer

Limbo...
What have I been doing? Truly?

I think I know what Jon said when he meant depressive slumps. I've been in one for a while. I've been making plans, setting things up, but I seem to go only half way each time. What is wrong with me? A lot of things it seems...

It's been -months- since I got that parasite and I -still- have it. I've been trying to keep my mental balance for a while now, but it feels like I've been losing my grip. I dare not openly talk about what's been going on in my head. My control has been slipping and I feel like it's only a matter of time before I lose control entirely. Just what has been taking so long? I was hoping to have that out in a short amount of time so I could resume my work. And I can't find out more because I risk comprimising the process of getting it out. In fact, I comprimise everything I learn of because of that parasite. I'm a roaming disaster because of that and I can't tell anyone because I'd put them at risk!

My behavior is getting paranoid and depressed too. It wasn't long ago that I was looking at the waterway in the Triumvir, and when I looked at my reflection in the water, I didn't see my own reflection. I saw
-You.- I freaked out, completely. I don't know what the others thought of the spectacle, but I was terrified. I don't even know what to think about it, even now. I know who that was, someone I don't want to lose control of my mind to.

Since then I've been avoiding looking at reflective surfaces. I don't want to see him. Still, I feel as though he might be gaining control. My self awareness of my mental condition... I don't think it's doing anything towards helping me maintain control. And my inaction is slowly eroding my sanity as well. Yet, I feel unable to do anything without repairing my mental state first. An infuriating contradiction.

But I can't abandon this place now... it needs me... what to do... maybe...

Maybe he's right, I need to find new helpers. I can't do this alone...

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12 2013, 1:40 AM 

Developer

Time to get a move on.

Of late, Kurchin's been doing tumbling stunts in the stage.
Kurchin, apparently with a strike of inspiration, goes about preparing for an acrobatics show.

In between stunts and acts, he goes around asking the local triumvirrim if they'd like to participate.

Finally, there's this.

Overall, seems he's quite busy once again.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 01 2013, 12:53 PM 

Developer

With the acrobatics show fizzling, Kurchin roams around the Triumvir, but spends more time in the library. He spends a while looking through there for a good play's script...

When he's not doing that, he also busies himself with another perhaps unusual activity, which is checking traffic in and out through the three lamp ends. What he's trying to collect that data for isn't readily apparent, but he clearly has something on his mind.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 04 2013, 0:11 AM 

Developer

A cartoony looking painting is placed near the Triumvir lamp. It seems to be more a sign, as it displays in bright letters:
Please do not use the yellow lamp-end until further notice.
Thank you, Kurchin

It shows a shattered, yellow portal lamp in the center, pieces of yellow glass on the floor. On the left side is a kobold, sitting, dazed, tongue out to the side, and has various tools around him. He also has stars floating around his head. There's a gnome that looks much like Tuomas on the right side, in a similar, sitting, dazed state, though doesn't have his tongue out, and has a large book in addition to some tools, and also has stars floating around his head.

Kurchin would seem to be in something of an upset mood. Yet, there's a determination to him as well. He would tell any of the actors around when he set it up that "The Yellow portal lamp was destroyed by a demonic invasion, I'm wowking to have it weplaced as soon as possible.", and would similarly say that if they asked him about the new painting there. After posting that up, he goes back to work, apparently abandoning his prior projects to work on a new one...

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 26 2013, 20:08 PM 

Developer

By now, it would likely be no secret that Kurchin is not only working to replace the lost lamp, but working to create a new set which will go to various towns. Kurchin in the Triumvir continues to work on this with almost a singleminded devotion. He certainly seems busy enough, though has been heading out more often than he usually does. He always comes in and goes out through the blue lamp end, though sometimes uses the Bendir bound portal in the lodge.

Kohlingen, Check. Endir's Point, awaiting response. Wharftown, need to visit. Lamp components: hopefully nearly done.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 13 2013, 17:21 PM 

Developer

Since the incident last night, Kurchin's been extremely tense and jittery as he goes about his activities in the Triumvir. While he normally keeps any weapons he has hidden, he keeps a crossbow to his belt, loaded with a sonic bolt. He tends to stare intently at the courtyard's water grates, possibly as if expecting some kind of ooze to come out of there.

While it turned out that the ooze that was there the other day was one of the librarian's oozes, Kurchin seems to be taking the possibility of Neo-Vodak returning very seriously. Early in the day he disappears into the library sublevel as well... looking for something...
Though he comes back by mid-day, he's still very on edge.

Grymia

PostPosted: Sat, May 25 2013, 1:14 AM 

Player

Tuomas comes back to Kohlingen with a series of Ironwood Hooded Lantern frames that he promptly brings up to his quarters in the keep, setting them down carefully with another bag marked 'Lenses' , bowing his head.

~.. This is goign to be a lot of assembly and enchanting.. ~ he thought to himself briefly before beginning to see about assembling a series of lanterns which seem to be similar in princple to the portal lanterns already found about the isle.

Lutra

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 16 2013, 13:57 PM 

Player

A black figure who is generally hanging around there seems to examine the lantern more often. After a longer absence he dust some desert sand off his clothes and sends out missives.

Ravenovf

PostPosted: Tue, Jul 23 2013, 15:23 PM 

Player

Meanwhile an island or perhaps a world away, Tazlin had moved his research and notes into what passed as a personal residence in the Triumvir. He noted he would have to sound proof the place as actors and singers mostly annoyed him while he was trying to work. He did however take no small solace that his new home allowed him direct access to a massive collection or written reference material. There was little glory in pouring over piles of notes written even if they were wrote by what may be Faeruns greatest demonologist. He also noted that if he could not find the reference material he needed the lack of Jud'vardas and Sabune leering over his shoulder meant that Tarkull's was a viable research site as well. He did however note that he was not going to take that talking skull currently residing in a lead lock box into Tarkull under any circumstance.

He had made a promise to a lunatic in an Aslyum to avenge his long dead mother and come hell or high water he would do so. He had a soft spot for the insane. The key to undoing the wards protecting Everlasts Key were in this pile of notes, artifacts and unfortunately very likely inside that skull whom clearly wanted to corrupt him. It may have already exerted some influence it wasn't likely but the wizard knew to well how dangerous and subtle some forms of corruption were.

He paused and tapped a strange container adorned with copper wires, conductive crystals and etched with wards. With in a lump of black semi-transparent matter floated in preservatives that he had pretended to destroy for the sake of his simpering niece. "There is a certain Irony that you are back here again. A pity all the knowledge you ate was... lost...". An inkling of a seed of an idea started to wander into the wizards mind as he peered at the lump of neo-vodaks brain matter. He needed a lab assistant...

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Wed, Jul 24 2013, 2:18 AM 

Developer

Kurchin, after his long battle with a terrible illness, finally seems to be getting back into his usual routine in the Triumvir. Spending time with the Triumvirrim, trying to encourage their artistic progress, and getting back to some of his old projects,

Such as painting the walls.

And fixing the lamp-end.

Ravenovf

PostPosted: Thu, Jul 25 2013, 0:13 AM 

Player

After a long day away Tazlin would be noted to have returned to the Triumvir smelling of one who had trudged his way through a swampland. His Course was direct, purposeful and unwavering as Tazlin often was. He made a straight course for the Triumvirs collection of lore, forgotten tomes and secrets. It would not have the dark secrets Tarkull possessed but it could still hold insights into his research plans and into the dread evil that hung over Carigah. There in among the great shelves of books the drow wizard started the next journey of his quest. Searching for the history of Castle Blackmoor, the islands abyssal taint and comparing them to the notes gathered during the exploration of Blackmoors hidden temple of darkness.

Though before revarie took him he also took time to take few notes on the topics of the mind, memory, and symbolism of gems and metals.

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Thu, Nov 07 2013, 3:51 AM 

Developer

So much to do, so much to do, those lamps have been a nigh obsession of mine for months, now nearing completion. So close I can taste it... taste it... just need to get everyone together... and then... delight!

Of course, I shouldn't ignore other avenues, I think I have been, too much... it's time to get a move on. First up, posters for the Philarmonic Orchestra of Athkatla...

The kobold works diligently on... something, perhaps he's simply in one of those schemey, artistic moods that the kobold commonly has.

slkNihilus

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 08 2013, 2:49 AM 

Player

The Triumvir seems to be abuzz with activity, of late: the Lodge sees a lot more visitors than normal, people are going to and coming from the Twilight Stage, some of them holding musical instruments. Jon Halifast can be seen with a smile on his face, at the sudden influx of business, running around the place to help out with the preparations as best he can. As to what preparations he's helping with, a series of posters, provided by a certain kobold, can be seen all around the demiplane:

Quote:
The following poster has many, curving lines, representing bent lines of sheet music. There are notes painted on and around on the lines, serving as a background. In the center are more music lines, and some decorated text, reading as follows.

We welcome you all again to the Twilight Stage,
To hear the wonderful performances that amaze,

Starring the Philarmonic Orchestra of Athkatla,
Led by Sigismund and his fantastic orchestra,

To play the last performance of his call,
For music like all art is nothing if not shared for all.

Come join us on (// Saturday November 9th, 4:00 PM EST) to listen to the music!
Refreshments shall be provided.
Joy is best when Shared

Below that are directions to the Triumvir, namely, to head to either the Temple of Love or the cart area in the Nexus Hills, slide the lens into the center, then enter a portal to the Triumvir courtyard.

Greyweaver

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 08 2013, 6:10 AM 

Player

Dawn notices the poster and reads it with a smirk and a slight shaking of her head looking at it quizically. She reads along with the rhyme and slaps her thigh softly to the rhythm of the syllables then nods in realization. "Well the timing is off slightly but I guess I could go see what this is about. At least whoever made this poster found something to rhyme with Athkatla." She smirks and rolls her eyes, "Athkatla hmm deadcatpaw?" She giggles to herself as she continues to ponder different ways to rhyme Athkatla seemingly making it a game or possibly a personal challenge. "...Half flat law?" She bursts out laughing noting the time of the event, once her giggling dies down, continuing to ponder other rhyming possibilities as she carries on with her original business there.

Favored Quote:
"This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man." -Shakespeare

slkNihilus

PostPosted: Sat, Nov 09 2013, 22:20 PM 

Player

The Twilight Stage, for at least as long as the concert lasted, held a large crowd: both audience members and the musicians themselves accounting for one of the largest gatherings in the demiplane's history. Though not very long, the concert itself was intense, followed by thunderous applause. The conductor left soon after, while his musicians remained behind to delight whatever guests remained for an encore.

//The link for the song, which I may not have described too well, is here!

The1Kobra

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 10 2013, 0:52 AM 

Developer

Kurchin looked deeply into the new painting adorning the lodge, a memory of the Orchestral performance, recorded into painting.

What a joyous event, and great fortune that this would happen. Perhaps they are right, I have been focusing too much on business... what was intended as a labor of love has become such a chain of guilt...

But when I hear things like this, it's all worth it. The happiness I could feel in the air, it made me feel alive, as if all the troubles in the world faded away. More of this is needed for the world.

This has helped immensely, not just in this place but in my heart as well. I'm ready to make the next big step. The culmination of months of work... maybe at long last we'll see this place joyous once more.

He lounged around the Triumvir, more to be done, it seems. But at a later time. For now, he let the harmony sink in.

Lutra

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 10 2013, 15:35 PM 

Player

The black bard seems to linger around the Triumvir more often nowadays. Most of the times he can be seen studying in the Loremaster's guild. When he happens to take drinking or smoking breaks, he can be seen in the courtyard watching the bypassers and Sigismund's crew if they happen to be around. He often offers them to try their luck in a dice game.

Lutra

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 09 2014, 4:19 AM 

Player

*a new poster appears on the Triumvir and various settlements on the island*

Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen! Lads and Lasses!

The Storyweaver's Triumvir proudly presents the:

LAMP PARTY!

Are you a musician who does not have a chance to prove himself? Then your place is there!
Are you an adventurer, vagabond who is after lasses and booze? Then your place is definitely there!
Are you simply bored and trying to have some fun? Then your place is there!
Do you wish to blow off some steam after chasing some apocalyptic figure? Then your place is there!

What to expect?

Music!
Dance!
Booze!
Lasses!
Lads!

We kindly ask all attendant to respect that the Triumvir is a bardic college and a place of art and knowledge.

//Saturday, 11th Jan, 2PM EST/7PM GMT/8PM CET

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4