View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ] 
Galenson

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 26 2013, 7:38 AM 

Player

Location: Down Under, calculating your demise with blunt expressions.

It all started with black cards...

Blood was next. Questions shortly followed.

Who do we trust?

"I'll think of something once Amia:EE drops."

Aiseth

PostPosted: Tue, Nov 26 2013, 9:34 AM 

Player

A white hand in a black sleeve idly twirls the face of one of these black cards with a silver streak in its center. She keeps it shown most evenings at the Nomad in Cordor, patiently.

Galenson

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 27 2013, 7:49 AM 

Player

The arrival of the raiders in the previous weeks along the western coastlines of the Amian Island was heralded by high rising smoke. Three small but fast vessels scoured the coastline and thrice the raiders were repelled by the adventurers present. Two of the raider ships were badly damaged, resulting in their eventual destruction.

A mere week later, a ship off the coast of Wharftown was raided by the surviving vessel. Despite fighting back, the merchant ship was bombarded and subsequently boarded leaving nothing but a ghost vessel behind.

Rumours are also abound that phantoms have been encountered inland as well as underground in the darkest depths of the world.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 27 2013, 8:57 AM 

Player

Somewhere in the ruins of a dead civilization... a black knight holds a black card in his hands curiously.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Galenson

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 01 2013, 8:07 AM 

Player

//I would like to say a quick apology for having to leave suddenly during yesterday's events. Real life occured, the kind that you can't ignore or delay which meant the event was brought to a crashing halt. Because I only managed to achieve maybe a third of what I had planned, I'm in the process now of salvaging what we did manage to achieve and re-writing the plotline to fill in the gaps from yesterday in later events.

I thank you all for your understanding and patience. I will make a summary post here in the next few days of the events that did transpire.

If you have any questions or need any gaps filled in about the event yesterday, please contact me by PM and I will do my best.

Murkoph

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 02 2013, 12:58 PM 

Player

At the top of a tower overlooking the sea, a woman runs her hand over the rough section of wall which had been demolished and looks over two stones that sat neatly on the shelf behind a throne of a broken warrior.

She'd have a hell of a report to write up after this.

Jannah Vindle - Mistress of Coin.

Galenson

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 05 2013, 8:06 AM 

Player

The issuing of Black Cards. The appearance of the mage called X. X's attack on Wharftown. The Phantom Ship's raids along the Western Waterways. The search for Morenthis. The intervention by the one called Truth. The increasing hostilities in the shadows of the world. The two stones, both red and blue and the screaming visions both possessed.

Questions... the pieces on the board were never contempt with only fulfilling their pre-determined roles. There was always questions, a latent desire to know the truth. But then again the individual pondered... what exactly was truth to these pieces?

Truth in its purest form is already written. Truth was written by the victors, just as fate was determined by truth.

Another piece upon the board was moved to occupy the square to its front. Attention was drawn to the imposing, obsidian pieces that opposed it. Tens of thousands of possibilities were present, but the individual already knew what was to come next. Despite the imposed knowledge, it gestured in contemplation to its opponent. "Your move..."

That opponent turned to face the individual. Its move was heralded by one, single chilling feature.

That cursed smile...

Anatida

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 05 2013, 9:35 AM 

Player

A lithe dragonkin sat on her preferred perch, the shadows drawn close in concealment as she looked out over a quiet courtyard. The edge of a black card tapped her thigh, and her fingers slid down its length. Absently she turned the card to its other end and repeated the process... over and over... as she contemplated her recent encounter.

Galenson

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 11 2013, 21:22 PM 

Player

The images were painful, like searing hot lances from ice-cold steel to those whom witnessed them. Light to darkness... over and over... light to darkness.

"Behold the fate your actions will create" their guide had told them. "What you will create..."

((This is referring to a DM plot I ran last night. Those involved who received the visions know who they are.))

Meanwhile, in other parts of the world certain black cards began to vibrate. Text slowly burned their way into the black surface above the single silver blade that decorated its cover.

"To the mountains East of the stone refuge lies the resting place of Morenthis. Morenthis is the key that opens the doorway to what we seek."

Anatida

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 11 2013, 21:40 PM 

Player

A curved but short talon on a cold hand tapped the black card as its owner murmured to herself.

"Yes, you said that already, but where in the nine hells is the stone refuge..."

Galenson

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 13 2013, 8:53 AM 

Player

For once the issued cards go silent. No more do they speak the riddle of Morenthis. Instead the riddles have been replaced with the shrieking of a third stone.

As for the amulet of Morenthis, that now is in the hands of the one called X. Any secrets the device contained are now lost.

Galenson

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 16 2013, 1:33 AM 

Player

The ruined city burned. The smell of death was everywhere and despite the heat of the embers, the sensation of sorrow froze creature's very bones. Its limbs felt stiff, like its muscles were too sore to move. It walked the empty streets, greeted only by the stench of ash and blood...

"So this is how it ends..."

It looked up. There was a noise... the noise of footsteps. The noises of life. A sense of hope crept into its limbs, giving it strength where before it had none.

A lone figure dressed in tight fitting dark robes casually strided down the remains of the ruined streets toward it. "Morenthis... the figure said. "I am X. You and I have much to talk about."

Meanwhile,

"Events are going well. Two stones have been located" remarked the human, carefully adjusting his coat in light of the ocean breeze along the dock. The Drow nearby scowled with disdain. "Your reliance upon others to do your dirty work is a weakness Ventis! Two stones are out of our reach now because of your laziness!"

Ventis turned to look upon the Drow, whom barely reached his shoulder in height. "Need I remind you Malynrae of the events in the She'kat valley? How well did that turn out for you?" She spat at his feet, pointing her armoured finger towards his chin. Her eyes burned crimson with malice. "I alone brought the Shrine to its knees! I alone outmaneuvered the First Knight of Kohlingen and made a mockery of his forces! I alone-" "....have failed to find the stones where I have not" retorted Ventis.

Aetheric fire ignited from the Drow's fists. "BE SILENT RIVVIL DO-"

"Enough" spoke the third. The other two dropped to their knees, the third individual taking satisfaction in the Drow's hatred over such submission. "Three stones have been found and are out of the mage's reach. Such is a success, despite the implications."

"How can you call such a victory!" Malynrae spat as she rose to her feet.

The shimmering blade was drawn and aimed at the Drow's unprotected neck quicker then even her reflexes could react to. The sunlight glittered upon its silver surface. "Because such is within my power to do so. It would be a waste to end your life daughter of Udos Dro'xun... but even your skills are no match to mine." Again, the third noted the burning hatred in the Drow's eyes. Second by second, the Drow slowly returned back to one knee. Not once did her ferocious stare falter.

"There is much more to do. You have your assigned roles, so get back to them. The mage will not rest... so neither will we."

The two then parted ways: Ventis to the sea, Malynrae to the shadows. There was much work to do.

Galenson

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 17 2013, 0:24 AM 

Player

"The fourth stone has no doubt been located Lord..." motioned Ventis as he dropped to a knee. "When I left their presence, the agents of Tarkuul had seemed adamant on following a lead along with their Drow allies. Despite Malynrae's reservations, they are highly capable. I have no doubt they've found it."

The third pondered, keeping its back to the kneeling Ventis. "...and Malynrae?"

"Dangling on her web like the spider that she is, Lord. X's vessel has been spotted off the Eastern Coastline and what has been described as the Far Realms incursions has kept the Spider bitch occupied. If I may Lord, I still think it was unwise to recruit the arachnomancer. She is too... uncont-."

"Your opinion is not important" interrupted the third. "You have your methods, as does she. She has her own failings... as do you."

Ventis stood, a sense of wounded pride cracking his calmness. "I have thwarted X at every turn Lord. I have done everything as was expected o-"

"Four stones are out of our reach and the secrets of Morenthis all but LOST!!" Fists crashed into the glass desk, smashing its smooth surface into a collection of spider-like patterns. Ventis stood back as the third rounded towards him, the slender clawed finger raised to his face. "You have failed the organisation yet again! The ice you stand upon becomes ever thinner human!"

"I..."

"You nothing! I am not one for your words to twist! Begone from my sight lest I feed you to the Drow!"

Ventis slinked back into the shadows, the clap clap of his boots becoming softer as he exited the room. The third once again turned back to the ruined desk and the map that laid upon it. It scraped its clawed digit in a circular motion around the coordinates where X had been spotted last. "X knows something that we do not..." the third pondered.

"The question is what."

A fishing trawler is found washed ashore along the Eastern Benwick coastline, devoid of all crew and captured supplies. A lone ship no larger then a frigate makes no secret of leaving its prey behind, heading south from potential Kohlingen patrols along the East Coast.

Galenson

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 20 2013, 1:18 AM 

Player

As the shattered remnants of the obsidian game piece faded from the board, it detected the first cracks in the visage of its opponent. The hubris from the smiling entity's features were swept aside. It had already foreseen that this would occur, but sometimes what was foreseen was not definitely certain until it had been enacted upon in the present.

"Many of the pieces deem themselves to be the masters of fate, including you. How wrong they are. How wrong you are."

The opponent's lash of annoyance was felt: it compared it to the likes of a child tantrum. It savoured the moment, tasting the emotion like a wine connoisseur slowly to preserve its flavour. Steps were already mid-process for preserving this moment in history. It had, after all, foreseen that such would occur and planned accordingly.

"Do not be so sure of your own abilities" replied the opponent. "Your nets are not as hole proof as you think. We have seen this. We have acted upon this. We-

"Have served your use to the Great Plan"
it interrupted with such precision like the event had been scripted with adequate time to prepare. "You did your service towards the Great Plan, and like all things your service has come to an end. I savour your futility in denying what is to come: fate, my creation, is already written."

The opponent moved another obsidian piece to a new square on the board. "Plans never survive contact with the enemy." It would admit that there was some truth in the opponent's words; the piece that had just been moved was not the one likely predicted. None-the-less it mattered not, it saw the patterns to manipulate the strands of fate back into its wanted outcomes and had begun to act upon them in the time it took a human to blink. You, my creation, are just an indulgence. An entity who serves only to entertain now that its purpose has been extinguished... the Great Plan is inevitable. The hope that saturates you for a different outcome cannot defy the truth of the Great Plan. It has after all... survived far worse."

Another move was made. Another obsidian piece faded from the board.

"The Great Game ever continues to the tune of the Great Plan my creation" it spoke. "The entities are the pieces that move in their pre-determined roles, despite the rebellious desire to deny such truth. The notion of free thought, the will to make their own decisions and steer their own fate is merely an indulgence we bestow upon them to keep the pieces ignorant of their role to play. The pieces at cycle's end are merely puppets: agents of fate with many strings attached."

"The board,"
it gestures to the game board, "is the plane of which the Great Plan works towards. The board is the ever changing constant: the world shifts, mountains rise, oceans drain, light fades... but still the plane dances to the tune of the Great Plan. The Great Plan has already taken such into consideration."

"If the analogy of the Great Plan is that of a game, then who is the opponent?"
asked the opponent.

Another move was made. Another obsidian piece faded from the board.

"When it ceases, so does everything. Such are the stakes with which the opponent bids. Despite common beliefs, the sustenance of our opponent is not infinite."

"You are out of your league then" scoffed the opponent.

"Do not be so sure..." after what felt like an age of silence, it gestured to the opponent once more. "Your move."

Malynrae dropped down to one knee as she entered the private sanctum of the third. The mere thought of such an action disgusted her immensely: bowing was the nature of males, not noble-born females such as herself. Once an entire city had bowed to her... now she bowed to the third. "Lord." she muttered with disgust. The very word didn't even exist in her natural tongue.

The third proceeded to walk towards Malynrae, wiping its blood-stained claws upon a dark handkerchief of silk. What remained of the Dusk Phantom upon the Third's table still breathed, but Malynrae knew that the Dusk Phantom didn't have long. She had tortured enough people to know that the male would die in agony, blind and helpless. The cruelty of the Third made her smile: no Drow desired to die that way. Unfortunately, she was not here to witness the third's handiwork: "You requested my presence?"

"X's ability to instill obedience into its subject is by no means poor... but neither is it foolproof. Interrogation of the Dusk Phantom has proven to be useful once their defence is down." The third tossed the silk rag aside and proceeded to the adjacent table to feed. The foods in the Underdark were not pleasant by any means, but the food the Third chose to eat was more distasteful then even her palette could tolerate. Despite her ability to hide such, her throat involuntarily spasmed as she kept the contents of her stomach at bay. "Is there a meaning to this? Or do you wish to further disgust me with your presence Lord?"

The Third wiped its mouth. "The Dusk Phantom revealed to me that one of the stones is in the possession of an individual called Quinn." The Third gestured to the far table adjacent to the torture rack. "The picture of this Quinn's appearance is there. The Udos colony tried to acquire this stone in the past and failed to do so. Do you understand why I summoned you now?"

A cruel smile crept into Malynrae's features. Her tone was rather mocking: "Why not Ventis Lord? Don't like sharing?"

"Ventis has been re-tasked to fulfill your previous duties. I believe him more then capable of stopping X with his acquired mercenaries. This stone however requires a much stronger touch. Now, bring the stone to me... and get out. We are done."

She stepped forth from the sanctum and cracked her neck in anticipation. Many had mocked her for her spider-like tendencies, including many of her own race but such mattered not. She survived the fall of Udos Dro'xun where the rest did not. She had laid waste to the Whore-Dancers where the rest of her kind had not. She was the last true daughter of the Lolthite way. Once again, the Isle would come to fear Lolth's children...

...and it will start with Quinn.

Estara

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 21 2013, 7:39 AM 

Player

Word was sent from Cordor to Wharftown by Samantha of the Southern Militia late in the night, urgently. Something about a ship being sighted.

Anatida

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 21 2013, 7:45 AM 

Player

Somewhere in a castle; "We have a problem," he said.

Somewhere in Cordor, "We have a problem," she said.

Two out of her grasp and heading in different directions. "/They/ now have a problem," the Huntress growled.

Galenson

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 21 2013, 8:12 AM 

Player

The skies above Kampos and the Salandran temple were bathed in thick, blue fogs as a vessel made its attack run upstream. The hallucinagens were quick to set in, with many adventurers and others caught in the haze becoming plagued by hallucinations of varying degrees: Dancing hin, giant beasts, personal fears and terrors and talking potatoes were but a handful of the things witnessed by those who breathed in the hallucinagenic poison.

All the while, an attack upon the Salandran temple was conducted with small raiding boats landing ashore from their parent vessel. The vessel opened up a broadside upon a single pillar in the Salandran grounds, shattering it open to reveal what they were after: a small obsidian stone that had rested secretly in the pillar's body since before the Temple itself was built. The one known as X stepped forth to collect the stone, but thanks to the efforts of several adventurers and a mysterious assailant, the mage was sent fleeing back to its vessel.

As the hallucinagenic haze faded into the upper reaches of the atmosphere, the ship fled out to sea leaving all of its smaller boats and the raiding crews they carried behind.

Mere hours later, in the dead of night, the wrecked remains of a lone vessel plows into the shores of the Amian East Coast. Bodies of Drow, elves, men and women from different parts of the world including the ethnicities found on the Amian Isle itself and pieces of equipment were found washed ashore from the Sandy Beach to the north to Cordor in the South. The guards in Cordor were quick to seize all of the bodies in Cordor, but the remainders up the coast were left for fate to decide what to do with them.

Ventis kneeled upon one knee and bowed his head slightly. His clothing was soaking wet, his lower body covered with mud and animal faeces and his professional demeanaour ruined by the day's events. Even the blade at his side failed to glow with its usual shine, reflecting his mood metaphorically in many ways. "Lord..." he spoke.

Eventually, after several minutes, the Third looked towards him. "Speak."

Ventis rose to his feet and slowly walked to the table. He placed a handkerchief upon the table, which made a dull thud as it made contact with the dark material. The third nodded slowly as it examined the object: "You have done well..." As the third placed the object into its palm, the obsidian stone began to glow green....

Then the visions began.

X's body continued to bleed, despite its own abilities and the changes that had occured in recent times. "Set course for south" it growled to its followers, "and be quick about it." Its claws dug into the wood of the deck railings momentarily, before the Ulitharid felt itself become airborne and plunging into the depths. An Assailant was ontop of the Ulitharid, heavily armoured and well equipped and as the two found themselves wrestling into the depths of the ocean around them, it couldn't help but wonder how an entity had surprised it so viciously.

The two hit the ocean floor, the surprise assault of the assailant only thwarted by a surprise psionic blast. The concussive shock wave pushed the two assailants apart and the two once again began their attacks: X unleashing its spells, the assailant injecting itself with some kind of drug and utilising its blades. Despite its formidable powers and the ability to see the assailant's movements before they would even happen, the Ulitharid was powerless to stop what was to come.

Time inevitably slowed in the Ulitharid's mind during the moments before its death. With all else having failed, the Ulitharid tried one last attempt to look into its opponents mind. Such never had time to occur and the last thing the Ulitharid ever felt was the stabbing of two blades into its skull. Such was never to end this way the Ulitharid thought, the threads of fate had never revealed such a death to it previously... but fate was out of its hands now.

The future it wanted to prevent was now inevitable. With its death, there was nothing left to stop it.

There was great hesitation over the next obsidian piece to fade. The opponent's last prominent piece on the board now faded away, leaving but a scattered presence across its surface. Each move the opponent had made had been countered and subsequently removed piece by piece by its great plan. All that remained was to mop up the rest to complete a total victory.

"Fate is already written..." the entity spoke as its opponent faded from the game. "The pieces just need to play their parts and the rest will fall into place."

Galenson

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 24 2013, 23:58 PM 

Player

The following markings are carved into trees all around the Amian Isle, from the wild and untamed forests in the Island's centre to the wet swamps to the south and the pristine gardens in the North. The scratching appears amateurish, like the hand which carved it wasn't literate... or for that matter human.

Quote:
"Bring. Me. Quinn.

Expect. Rewards."

Manarethan

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 25 2013, 0:19 AM 

Player

A certain cat-like individual lies on his back in his room in Tarkuul, hands resting behind his head. He has a broad grin on his face, his tail flicks excitedly every now and then, and he is laughing.

Galenson

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 26 2013, 6:39 AM 

Player

"We are behind schedule" spoke the third hurriedly as it walked down the corridor. "You have failed to find this Quinn in the time allocated which means another piece is out of our reach. The Shards hold the weapon yet your efforts have continuously been thwarted."

"Ofcourse they are you fool!"
Malynrae spat. "I am Drow! They are vermin! Vermin are crushed beneath the boots of Drow! I will not indignify myself indulging in parlays and 'talks' with the likes of primitives my ancestors spat upon when they were like orcs dazzled by fire!"

The third turned to face her, then behind her. "Before you antagonise the situation further Ventis, know that I am not in the mood to deal with the squabblings of your wretched ambitions." Upon command, Ventis stepped into the center of the hallway. His features were smeared with surprise, but he still kept his professional demeanour despite the setbacks: "They are growing to be a problem Lord. There are more gears in motion then we thought."

"Is that so?"
the Third asked.

Ventis nodded once, a sigh of breath escaping from his nose. "X is gone."

The Third scowled and turned down the corridor once more. "By whom!" Ventis matched the Third's stride a comfortable two paces behind. Malynrae... her pace was alot less diligent, taking any distraction possible to further insult the Third's reputation. "I do not know Lord..." Ventis motioned as he hurried behind to a report in his hand. "...a blood mage was spotted at the scene."

The third turned once again to face the two mid-stride, Ventis nearly tripping in his attempt not to collide with the Third. Its clawed hands snatched the report from the man's grasp and quickly unraveled its contents. It threw the report to the floor after but a few moments and its clawed hands curled into fists as it howled in rage. "Time is against us!" The third pointed a clawed digit towards Malynrae: "Hunt these blood-rabid dogs down and kill them!"

The glint of malice shone in her crimson eyes like a veil had been lifted from Malynrae's head. "With pleasure."

Ventis bit his lip as the arachnomancer made her exit, waiting until she was gone before daring to speak once more. "The arachnomancer stands no chance. You are wasting one of our few standing agents Lord, she stands no chance!"

"Do not presume you have the power to lecture me human!" the Third growled. "The Arachnomancer cannot win such is true, but her purpose is not to win. She is a predator by nature and predators toy with their prey, giving us the time we need. Those who fight to defy these misled mages might even consider her a gift from the gods." The third walked to the end of the corridor and pushed open the doors beyond. The office was small compared to other standards, but to Ventis such did not detract Ventis from the situation at hand. "This changes nothing however My Lord. What these mages are bringing will soon be crashing upon us."

"You forget Ventis, that fate is already written" gestured the Third as it sat upon its throne behind the desk. "What is about to happen has been foreseen, along with many other possibilities. But they are not possible without the weapon!" The third pointed its clawed hand once more towards Ventis. "Bring me the weapon, or die trying human. This will be your last chance..."

The third watched the human as it bowed and made its way from the office. Once the doors were closed, it lifted the leather matt from the desk and tapped a few runes carved into the desk's surface. Two apparitions began to form, the images of the First and Second shimmering before it like faerie fire. "My bretheren, all proceeds as planned... the time is nearly upon us."

inprison666

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 29 2013, 7:25 AM 

Player

At the great library in the demiplane of knowledge a huge half orc and his tiefer wife curiously rifle through books about the history of Illithids and their war with the Gith. The orckin with much help from the tiefer jot down some notes from any relevant book found on the subject, taking their time and placing the books back when finished before portalling out when done.

Galenson

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 02 2014, 11:33 AM 

Player

//I'm leaving on holidays for a week and won't be checking the forums often during that time. If you guys have any questions for me regarding the plotline, send me a PM and I'll get back to you when I can. Just as well, for the minor Drow plots both Eilistraeean and Underdarker that I'm overseeing (or soon to oversee), rest assured that you've not been forgotten: I need this time to recharge my batteries and we'll tackle these more individual-based plotlines when I get back.

However, if something happens in game regarding my plotline while I'm gone that desperately needs to be addressed then and there on the spot (and I really stress the word desperately), send your questions to Manarethan or Nihilus. Both are familiar enough with my plotline to provide some assistance if the situation demands it.

Galenson

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 10 2014, 7:28 AM 

Player

A mad svirfneblin with unkempt hair and dirty clothing has made his home in Wharftown, running maniacally around the town preaching that he will save them all from the bad juju. As he preaches his determination to save them from bad juju, a simple necklace is never far away from his hand.

After a quick evaluation by the priests of Selune, the guards don't seem overly concerned with his presence because he has not endangered anyone. For the majority of the citizens however, the crazy svirfneblin is an annoyance that just won't go away. No citizen can dispute his determination to save them however: he really seems adamant about protecting the town from bad juju, going so far as to even chase out foxes who make their way inside the walls.

The mayor is indulging his presence, and the citizens make no effort to remove him from the town.... yet.

Galenson

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 14 2014, 8:00 AM 

Player

The air in Wharftown is tense as of late. The tolerance of its citizens wears thin and mere slights such as the washing not being adequately clean or missing a fish on the line result in escalating situations between individuals. Rumours speak that Garth himself grows impatient as more and more brawls seem to break out in the Slanty Shanty during happy hour and the late hours in the night.

The offered solution to this problem? Digging holes. Holes seem to spring around Wharftown dug in various depths by various individuals.

The Svirfneblin's words continue to be uttered: bajuju is coming...

Eizendur

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 14 2014, 11:21 AM 

Player

Reinhart simply observes this peculiar behavior from a distance and afterwards goes to ask the selunite priests for information on the matter.

AlannaMolov

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 14 2014, 18:06 PM 

Player

The guard Captain Alanna can be seen the next day sulking about the town and doing what she can to stop folks from digging holes.

"That gnome is a little addled, try not to pay attention to him. If there's trouble we'll think of an actual plan, not... holes."

She has a wooden splint on her right wrist, the arm propped up by a makeshift sling, the hand itself bruised and swollen. She seems more focused on it than anything, doing her damnest to wiggle her fingers with middling success. The wolf, like everyone else in the town, has a short temper, the heavy cloud that hangs over her warning folks to approach with caution.

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."

Estara

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 15 2014, 6:20 AM 

Player

Sam accompanies Alanna on some of her attempts-- mostly staying out of the way and keeping the wolf (relatively) calm. Otherwise, she's at the Shanty drinking or off in Cordor.

Drakos_Vek

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 15 2014, 9:16 AM 

Player

The semi-common Drakos can be seen loitering around the town for the last few days. When he is not heckling kobolds who claim not to be kobolds, or whoredancers who are not whoredancers, he is simply smoking his pipe, lazily observing the goings-about of Wharftown as he rests against the temple's wall.

That said, the presence of another being of the Underdark blood would draw his interest above all and should fortune tilt to his favor, he would beckon him closer.

Derryn de'Drenise - Watcher of Helm - Scolder of witches and wizards

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 24 2014, 13:25 PM 

Player

There's a disturbance in Wharftown... Something happened; Something with a very strange Svirfneblin

Greyweaver

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 24 2014, 15:43 PM 

Player

A disturbance concerning Hashim mindlessly attacking any close to him, continuing brawls and one idiot, some person by the name of Wayne, apparently known by Garth the Mayor, along with matches plus a stack of alchohol kegs leads to an explosion in the Shanty. This was followed by the the strange looking gnome warning of bajuju and eventually jumping back in his hole. One thing lead to another and a shifter turning into a golem dug after the crazy deep gnome and resulted in a -very- large hole in the middle of town and the recovery of some strange drilling device that had gotten stuck in the foot of the golem before being retrieved by those on the surface(Drakos). After the explosion those with injuries were taken to the temple there in Wharftown to be tended to.

Favored Quote:
"This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man." -Shakespeare

Galenson

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 24 2014, 22:38 PM 

Player

The morale in Wharftown plummets and anger rises steadily. The Shanty's rum storages were set alight after someone pulled a weapon in a bar fight, leaving many people in town without their favoured drink after work or their past time to get away from their wives.

For a good half an hour after the rum was set alight, the riot-like mob of Shanty patrons continued to brawl on the streets before it was ended by the Guards. Several were left knocked out on the streets and were eventually transferred to the Temple of Selune to "sleep it off."

The mad Svirfneblin continues to plead people to dig their way to safety. Per usual, several complaints have been made against the positioning of the Svirfneblin's man-holes.

Mobile_Svensk

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 26 2014, 16:40 PM 

Player

The Bulky Genasi, Who most know as hashim, moves around the island in search for a kobold called "Ais".
He asks about the individual and describes this "Ais" as a kobold with coppery wings.

Why would this elemental child search for a dragons offspring?

Galenson

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 27 2014, 3:23 AM 

Player

The madness infecting Wharftown abruptly comes to an end following the actions of the guards and help from other adventurers. The reason behind the madness remains a mystery, known only to a few.

Hostilities still remain in the air though, particularly between the Silver Dragon cohort and the local Wharftown Militia. It seems what was said between the two parties during the madness has not eased off as quickly as the madness itself.

"Why do you bother me Arachnomancer?" mused the Third without making eye contact. It could sense that Malynrae's temper was at boiling point over such disregard for her previous statuses, but the feelings of its servant were not important.

The Drow held forth an item wrapped in cloth which the third eventually acknowledged. It removed the cloth to reveal the shimmering surface of the silver blade beneath, its polished surface reflecting the fine craftsmanship of the far away place it had come from. "Ventis is dead then, I take it."

The third took the relic blade with care and walked away from the Drow towards the office desk, placing it gently on a sword rack that rested along its center. Malynrae had a dirty smile about her at delivering such: it did not take a fortune teller to say she was happy about the human's death.

"There is more..." the Drow spoke. Slowly, she pulled out a necklace from her belt: its central stone was obsidian in colour and its surface was scratched where someone had tried to destroy it.

"The enemy played right into our hands" she mused. "The human's death was an unexpected turn of events, but not a negative one. One less bloodline to kill in the near future."

"You have done well"
mused the Third. "You may leave now. I must contemplate on this."

One the Third was satisfied that the spider-like Drow had disappeared from its presence, it lifted the leather matt from the desk and tapped the runes in its usual combination. The familiar apparitions of the First and Second shimmered about the room, giving it a dark hue that is unmatched even by natural shadow. The Third stood to its full height as it addressed its fellow brethren. "The seventh shard has been found and is in our possession my brethren. The plan can now proceed as was foreseen."

The apparition of the Second shimmered briefly. "And what of our enemies?"

"If my minions are as good as I value them to be, then the enemy will still be a few steps behind," replied the Third.

"You have done well," spoke the First apparition. "It is time to cut the loose ends."

"If the master wills it, it shall be done" spoke the Third as the apparitions faded from view.

Galenson

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 08 2014, 0:39 AM 

Player

Silent slumber in the depths of night is shattered by the glow of icy writing: where once they were quiet, the black cards issued to a select few radiate their message defiantly with a sickening silver light.

The cards pinpoint a specific location to meet with only one further instruction:

"It is time for seven to become one: Bring the shards."

//I will notify those parties involved shortly with the time and location. Keep an eye on your relevent faction forums and PM in boxes.

Galenson

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 09 2014, 10:14 AM 

Player

In one cycle, the Udos Illithid colony is thrown from its empty slumber into a flurry of activity.

Thanks to a group of adventurers, those who once slept have now awakened. Following the howls of pure rage by the mage who burned of aetheric fire, every stasis pod in the facility has been ripped open with their inhabitants fighting to get free. Weapon vaults and storage chambers sealed decades ago are broken open and thralls of all different kinds take pain staking measures to adorn their awoken masters with the technology they once used.

The purestrain Illithids march forth from their home along with their Thralls, answering the call of their commander. Even the Beholders seem to cower at such, giving them a wide berth and creeping back into their holes.

The Forest of Despair is the first to feel the wrath of their psionics as they emerge uninvited into the world of the sun. As they leave the thick edgest of the forest in a south westerly direction, many who once worshipped Malar march alongside them: thralls to their new alien masters.

Galenson

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 04 2014, 12:08 PM 

Player

The presence of scarred arachnid creatures the size of wagons has been spotted along the north western coastline of the Amian Isle. From the web trails, they move south from the outskirts of the Quagmires along the forests of the Western Road.

More distressingly stories of seven foot tall, mind flaying monstrosities and their servants feasting their way through the Blood Moon territories become more frequent along the edges of the south western swamplands.

All the while tales of randomised incursions, monsters of unspeakable horrors ripping from the very fabric of reality around the Isle also have been on the increase.

The paths intersect one another... and Wharftown is at its center.

All the while, black cards issued to a select few ring but one simple message:

"Meet at this location. Bring all the stones."

//The time and meeting place will be sent to the relevant card holders in the next couple of hours.

Galenson

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 09 2014, 5:27 AM 

Player

The chamber echoed more then usual. For an Illithid whose hearing possessed great difficulty in distinguishing such sounds, it drew X's attention more then it would most to the emptiness that was once its home.

The thick, plasmic fluid churned lighty as the being inside twitched. From its bowed position, the Ulitharid could see its master stroking its tentacles along the edges of the tank. The tadpoles who swam about the alien mass, the essence that both sustained the future and the past of its race, swam about freely untroubled by their guardian and devourer. To X, this was a severe warning sign that something was not right: Elder Brains were not known for sharing what it did not wish to share.... but the Ulitharid's master was on edge. X's supernatural senses could even feel it in the air.

"I have awoken the Trueborn my master...." X spoke telepathically. It could feel the immense power of the Elder Brain in its mind: it was a hollow, cold sensation. Far unlike the collective of its former colony. "The ones placed in hibernation when the plan commenced all those centuries ago."

The question to come next disarmed the Ulitharid far more greatly then it had anticipated: why.

"Necessity calls for such. The Thralls have failed. I alone had failed... we need our best and brightest. Our strongest, our most gifted if we are to prevent what is to come."

The plasmic brine stirred as the tentacles slowly emerged from its murky depths. Images flashed inside the Ulitharid's thoughts: a blinding flash and fire that consumed the heavens, leaving nothing but darkness as it died. The coldness of the empty void where even the stars themselves were absent. The eery silence of great civilisations hunted to extinction, consumed by what was believed to be inevitable fate and the rise of something far more terrifying. Such was the future the Ulitharid had foreseen... such was a horrifying future, concentrated upon one simple truth:

All that was to happen was foreseen from the reflection of a cadaver's eyes. An Ulitharid's eyes...

X's eyes.

It was a common proverb amongst Illithids that fate was already written, but X would not accept such a fate. The thought of dying at the hands of a fate born from the actions of the cattle they hunt for slaves was unthinkable, for there was no coming back for an Illithid. Death was permanent: no god was deserving of their praise, for in time they would destroy every single one of them. No... this fate had to be averted by its own hands: it will live. Universe be damned.... the Ulitharid Xilandraklis will live.

The Brine stirred once more: evidently its master was pleased at such. Seven stones circulated above the pool, one for each colour of the illusions which the slaves called rainbows. Its voice was overpowering, even for an Ulitharid: Bring them to me. End this.

The Ulitharid's fingers curled into fists. Aetheric fire rolled about its body, fueled as much by its anger as its skill in manipulating the elements. "It would be my pleasure...."

Fate is already written...

Such a simple proverb, and one that had continually proven itself. The pieces on the board were coming together exactly as was foreseen.

But, nothing was infallible... not even time itself.

Galenson

PostPosted: Sat, Mar 15 2014, 3:28 AM 

Player

A warship hurriedly breaks formation from the flotilla of escorts that circle Tarkuul's waters, heading on a Northerly course. Its dark hull moves with a speed unmatched by many ships of its relative size as it goes on its unspeakable journey into the darkness of night.

What it leaves behind upon the Living City raises as many questions as it did answers for those whom witnessed it.

Galenson

PostPosted: Tue, Mar 18 2014, 9:00 AM 

Player

The darkness of the depths was reassuring to the Third; for creatures born of darkness, the absence of light was an unmatched blessing. The ship above them, the Draklis, had taken an extreme beating in slipping past the blockade of their enemies. Illithid technology had made the Draklis more then capable of devouring frigate sized vessels of the other races, but numbers were always the bane of a single vessel no matter how powerful the ship or tactful its captain. The slave races had a saying for such: how a pack of wolves overcomes the bear. Fortunately for the Third... the Bear was not defenceless.

It took all of the hallucinagenic ammunition and a third of the crew to survive the three ships that tried to stop the Draklis. The Third mused that were it not for the psionic barriers and the Draklis's speed, it would not be alive to muse on such.

The First signalled from the corridor ahead in telepathic commune. Where other races would express difficulty communicating in audible tones, the telepathic capabilities of the Illithid once again proved their superiority over the rabble of races they currently shared the world with. We have found it.

The First pressed its hand upon the panel and, with resistance, the door slid open. Despite its slumber at the depths of the ocean, the control room had remained in the same condition as it was left. No plantations or creatures had made their home in this alien environment, almost as if the xenophobic nature of the ship had prevented such.

The crew were quick to spread out, their tentacles and elongated digits quickly settling into the pre-designated controls to bring ancient systems back to life. The panels hummed, orbs began to float, discs began to spin and the room began to glow with psionic barriers as systems returned to life. As its milky eyes adjusted to the now awakened lights, The Third pondered to think that once these controls were the pinnacle of technology... but that was a different time. The past... yet also well ahead of its time.

The voice of the Third stood out from the communion of voices amongst the control room in the First's mind: you will return to the ship and lead it back to our allies in the south. Make all repairs as necessary before returning... and pass along this to the master.

The First nodded at the schematics that were implanted into its mind. What if they demand answers to what was revealed to them? it asked. The Third simply turned back to its controls and waved its hand dismissively at its question: IF they ask, you need only say that they got their weapon.... and so did we. The First nodded silently and floated from the control room in the zero gravity conditions of the ocean floor.

Thousands of years in the making... the Great Plan was finally coming to fruition.

Galenson

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 23 2014, 3:38 AM 

Player

The slaves had worked diligently to bring the majority of the systems online. The Third stared at the console before it and noted the output readings were within the acceptable ranges: the vessel's colossal engine purred in its high pitched way which signalled that everything was ready. It waved its elongated fingers to its fellow crew in the control room.

Signal the Draklis to stand watch. Noone interferes.

The storms along the Western Coastline between Wharftown and Uhm were nothing unusual, but this particular day an anomaly was noticed in the Pearldiver's Bay. Water which was generally pushed towards the coast was also being pushed out to sea, roughening the lone vessel that stood at anchor in the shelter of the bay.

As the anomaly grew larger, white wash and bubbles began to increase to form a large, oval-like shape. The first thing to reveal itself were spines, visible from the shoreline, piercing the ocean's surface and jutting out into the skies. Eventually, spines turned into a hard, carapace-like surface that was long and wide in the shape of a cuttle fish. The bow of the vessel was adorned with multiple, stubbed tentacles that twisted and curled about one another to form a hard prow that could pierce through water or the hull of a small ship with ease.

Then... it began to rise.

The psionic commune within the control room had an edge of excitement, but the Third knew that such emotions were not akin to the ones experienced by their slaves. There was a degree of selfish malevolence in the excitement, like the look in the eye of a predator before it kills its wounded prey. Such was the nature of the Illithid.

Prepare the sequence was the only command the Third needed to issue.

The skies darkened, like the sun itself was doused in water, as the hundred tonne vessel blared its horns into the air. Skirmishes broke out amongst the shore between adventurers and the resident bandits as anarchy and curiousity took the better of the situation. Shadowy individuals known as the Dusk Phantoms then led their attacks in small groups, their leaders howling "You've brought the darkness upon us" and "you've begun the end times" to the adventurers they desperately tried to silence.

All the while, the fabric of reality itself began to rip open before the giant vessel.

The opening of the portal rift was felt by all arcane spellcasters in the near vicinity as the weave singulated into an angry tempest that swallowed the vessel whole. The entire coastline shook with the fury of the storm for three minutes as the rift began to close as violently as it opened. Trees, rocks and even adventurers who were lightweight were sucked by the vortex out towards the sea and, once the rift had sealed itself shut, launched by the sonic boom as the air was pushed away from the anomaly at incredible speeds.

Questions and panic both arise in those who saw the vessel. Wharftown's guard, including the Silver Dragon cohort, watch their patrols uneasily as if a bad omen is in the air. Infact, to many there was a bad omen in the air: stars were visible within the midday sky which one by one faded for an hour after the rift was created. The people of Uhm also share their neighbouring town's discomfort and no fishing ships are launched from the small town throughout the day. Even Captain Guston, an experienced Captain of the seas, had never seen what he just witnessed and chose to keep his own counsel on dry land until the storms cleared.

All the while, in the wake of the alien vessel's disappearance, the smaller vessel that was anchored in Pearldiver's Bay left the scene in a southerly direction at great speed.... and a lone figure, nine feet tall and dressed in heavy red robes scowls with anger from its vantage point on dry land as it watches the ship disappear into the aether.

"So.... it finally begins."

Galenson

PostPosted: Sun, Mar 30 2014, 6:15 AM 

Player

After the recent attack on Wharftown, the warbands of slaves and their tentacled masters retreat back to the Forest of Despair's borders. The trueborn Illithids, withheld from the attack by the nine foot tall mage that leads them, restore a form of order in the otherwise panicked slaves and rabid beasts that accompany them. As they retreat in a methodical process, its apparent that they are preparing themselves for the inevitable counter-attack.

Panic in the commoners of Wharftown quickly turns to anger and violence: they call for vengeance against the creatures that assailed their home not once but on several occasions over the recent months and look to the adventurers among them to bring such retribution.

Will they answer the pleas of the Wharftown citizens?

//As a heads up, I plan this for Saturday, 5 April 14 at 20:00 GMT.

- That's Saturday 05 April 14 at 15:00 EST I believe for Americans
- That's Sunday 06 April 14 at 06:00 +10GMT for Australians (take note fellow aussies that daylight savings ends on that day)

I will be present an hour early to set up (and to factor in daylight savings if my timing is wrong).

Hope you can make it!

AlannaMolov

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 31 2014, 17:23 PM 

Player

Alanna spends the days after the attack in the Slanty Shanty, usually around a table with half a dozen surly faced sailors, discussing the recent calamities plaguing the small fishing village under a heavy cloud of pipe smoke. Retribution is promised, then planned. The township's newly acquired sloop, now scrubbed shiny and waiting silently in the harbor, is to serve as a means of evacuation should the warparty fall against the Illithids and the monsters decide to take their revenge on the unguarded civilians.

Their planning done, the Hands of Ieriyn begin preparations for war. The windows of the Captain's home radiate a steady orange glow even late into the dark, moonless night.

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."

Galenson

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 05 2014, 6:00 AM 

Player

//As a heads up, this will be occurring 14 hours from the time of this post.

Adjust your alarms as necessary.

LeathanKayne

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 05 2014, 15:12 PM 

Player

// Just as a note, this is likely 4pm (16:00) EST for most eastern Canada and US peeps due to DST.

AlannaMolov

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 05 2014, 17:48 PM 

Player

The Captain is up before dawn, sharpening her arsenal of daggers on a whetstone in front of her house. Several letters requesting aid have been sent by messenger or carrier pigeon. She is calm but focused, mending her gear with a quiet resolve.

//If you believe you would be considered an ally to Wharftown or Alanna, please come by! Yes this includes Wiltonians XD

"A soft woman
is simply a wolf
caught in meditation."

Galenson

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 06 2014, 0:48 AM 

Player

The carnage was immense.

Slaves were pulled from every den possible. Ancient devices of alien nature were activated and thrown at the intruders. Even the neighbouring beholders were pressed into service by the will of the Trueborn Illithids.

But still it was not enough.

The adventurers breached the sanctuary of the Elder Brain, who sacrificed its own mass and flesh to fend them off. Even that was not enough to stop them. Dominagi lay dead at their feet, accompanied in death by their superior trueborn bretheren. A moment was spent pondering whether the Ulitharid Xilandraklis had escaped, to complete what it alone could not.

It parted with its final vision... its final words. Fate is already written it had said, consigned to defeat. It uttered the invocation.

The stillness of the Astral Plane called for it. It knew that it would never see the prime material plane again.

The colony of Udos Dro'xun collapsed upon itself. An ancient failsafe activated at the Elder Brain's final maneuver, destroying the fragile foundations to send its layers crumbling down into the darkness. The adventurers ran for their lives, and despite the hardships along the way made it free into the daylight above.

The surviving Illithids fled in every direction and tales of tall humanoids fleeing are commonfold along the trade routes of the Amian Isle. Some are reported to have been hunted down and killed by the local tribes and fauna across the Isle, others are brought low by Kohlingen and Cordor patrols. Many others seem to vanish entirely, to become a future problem to wherever they may flee to.

Of the Ulitharid known as X, there is no sign. Whether it survived the destruction or fled before its demise is unknown.

Many can only wonder at the meaning of the Elder Brain's words before its departure.

The opponent finally phased from across the metaphysical gaming board, its every piece shattered to a thousand shards at the hands of its own.

You cannot stop the Great Plan... the entity mused with interest at its creation's defiance. What is to come has happened before, just as it will again at time's end. Fate afterall, is already written.

The game board went dark and slid out of focus. Like a wheel that continues to ever spin at time's pace, one game ends just as another begins anew.

Its attention focused upon the new board that materialised within its thoughts. A new game board, a new opponent, new pieces to move and manipulate. Such was the nature of the Great Plan.

Such was the nature of world domination.

The Githyanki vessel crumpled and burned as its remains were tossed to float in the immaterial currents of the Astral Plane. The massive ship's prow had made short work of the smaller Githyanki vessel and from the instruments aboard the control room, the Third could witness varying tales occuring from the Nautiloid vessels about it.

A dozen nautiloid vessels had answered their call in the passing weeks since their transition from Amia's western coastline into the Astral Plane. In time, many dozens more would join them as the Great Plan began to unfold.

A telepathic communication from one of its crew members alerted the Third to the transmission arriving through its control device. The sender's presence was both intimidating as well as comforting for the Ulitharid and it sighed with a measure of relief, if such emotions Ulitharids could truly feel.

"Master... the opening moves of the Great Plan go well. Our former slaves that call themselves Githyanki were not expecting such a pre-emptive strike."

The entity seemed satisfied by such news. "Good. Continue the plan as you have been shown. The movements must be precise and completed by the timings you have been given."

The Third nodded. "Such will be done my master."

It felt the Master prowling into its thoughts. Even the might of an Ulitharid was unable to keep an Elder Brain from such. "There is hesitation abundant upon your surface thoughts. Speak your mind Third."

The Third never liked being caught off guard. It could partly understand now how the lesser races felt in their presence. "Events in Toril, your experiment upon the Isle. Will it cause any ascociated disruptions?"

"Toril's time will come... but not yet. The Great Plan is not ready for Toril yet. The pieces upon its board still have a use to play."

"How can you be sure my master?" spoke the Third.

"Time, my third, is like a wheel. You might change the direction for a time, but the wheel never ceases spinning. This is not the first time I have lived these events. Nor will it be the last. All has happened before, just as it all will happen again. It is not Toril's time.... yet."

The communication ceased and the Third's attention was brought back to the schematics of the battle raging around them. The Githyanki ships were in flight, but three Nautiloid vessels were reporting boarders for their successes.

First the races of Gith would fall... then the rest. The universe and all of its planes in time would be plunged into eternal night. The cycle that happened would be the time the Illithids destroyed every single one of them.

But.... small steps the Third reminded itself. Small steps...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]