View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
DireCorbie

PostPosted: Sat, May 16 2015, 0:23 AM 

Player

In South Cordor, a noisy crowd gathers around the south-eastern dock. The bustle and bump one another, trying to get a good look at a fisherman's latest prize. Rumors soon circulate that the portly, "lucky" man had caught something truly impressive. Witnesses report it having a large, shiny black body covered in glowing, blue markings, and they say that it must have been a "hell of a fish, what with how big it was and how many were trying to buy it off the guy..."

The gossip continues to mention a burly man in a hooded, green coat, "who cut the fish right off the fisherman's hook, 'cause I bet he wanted to sell it himself." The rumors peak at mention of the immense sack of coin the man in the coat offered the "poor fisherman".

It does not take long for the crowd to disperse, and get fishing gear of their own. The amount of cheap fishing gear, bait, and tackle purchases starts to rise, and some folk have even taken to chumming the water with the remains of carved fish. Some vendors have started catering to the people's needs, and the general attitude seems generally excited and positive.

A black stain is left behind on the south-eastern docks...

GolbezLunar

PostPosted: Sat, May 16 2015, 1:35 AM 

Player

*Nyacelil takes the details of what she had overheard on the docks. With serious concerned she imminently sets out to write Lady Angador, and searches the Durothil Headquarters for any notes or information pertaining to the location of the Sea Elves Homes.

*The Letter is written her elegant handwriting and in elven.*
Quote:
Mylady and Sister,

I have wittiness a troubling sea creature caught upon the docks. It was appeared to be large eel-like creature with shiny black body covered in glowing, blue markings. One of the Wiltun Knights identified the creature as some demon creature he was familiar with and as they grow larger they can become more dangerous.

I am concerned for the safety of our Sea kin. You may or may not be aware of my most recent expedition to the snow elves and how there destruction has affected greatly me. My honor and code as bladesinger compels me to action now. I would like to make contact with the sea elves, and address the situation with them directly and learn if they are aware of the danger, and or / if they can provide insight.

It is my understanding that Durothil has vast network and can put me in touch with one of there nobles for such a meeting. I think it prudent to go through the proper channels rather then to just drop in on them in a search effort. Could you provide me with the necessary information, and map of there location?

I thank you for whatever assistance you can render in this dear sister. If you have any further questions you know where to contact me.

- Nyacelil

https://theaccursedisland.enjin.com/mobile

DolphinRacer

PostPosted: Sat, May 16 2015, 1:54 AM 

Player

The "big man in green" can be seen frequently patrolling near the water in all of Cordor's districts. He politely, if a bit gruffly, reminds them that the Speaker had ordered a twenty four hour hold on fishing and swimming in Cordor's waters.

Kira "Penny" Sigers
Better than Boulderdash!

DireCorbie

PostPosted: Sat, May 16 2015, 2:19 AM 

Player

The people would reluctantly leave at the warnings, if only to protect their catches of native fish from his blade. But they seem to only relocate, more and more westward.

Buzog

PostPosted: Sat, May 16 2015, 20:31 PM 

Player

Zyamold has started to move more in southern Cordor, eyeing the water, hoping to find more of the things.

Bobo_Underhill

PostPosted: Sun, May 17 2015, 14:28 PM 

Player

A printed release is published by Cordor.

STATEMENT FROM THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND PUBLIC WELFARE

A strange, eel-like creature was fished off of a dock in South Cordor. These creatures represent a hazard to the safety of Cordor and must be turned in to the nearest guard as soon as possible. Until further notice, it is recommended that fishing be done cautiously, and never alone.

A picture of the creature is printed below. A large, eel like creature, though clearly not an eel.

If you see this, please call for the nearest guard. Do not, under any circumstances try to touch, eat, play with or destroy it on your own as it can cause harm and injury to yourself and others. Fortunately, initial scouting has suggested these creatures are not frequent in our waters. More information will be released as it comes to light. This cannot be emphasized enough: please hand over any of the above creatures to the nearest guard for disposal.

-Speaker Andrew Fryar
Minister of Health and Public Welfare

Marigold Cobcruncher: Perceptive Priestess

DireCorbie

PostPosted: Fri, May 22 2015, 4:16 AM 

Player

Word circulates throughout the streets of Cordor, and quickly spreads to other neighborhoods, that a fishing contest was announced. One wealthy fellow is the host, and offers a grand prize to the one who can catch the largest fish. The contest takes place on Sandy Beach, away from "those pesterin' Cordorian lawkeepers".

Shortly after the announcement, several people from Cordor make their way to Sandy Beach, with fishing poles over their shoulders, and bait, tackle, and chum in their hands. They line up along the shore and await the start of the contest with little patience.

Soon, a whistle is blown, and the contest begins. Several minutes pass, and only a few have had their lines tugged. One woman catches a fish, and soon, a man catches another. The woman catches another fish again, and this time, it "puts up a hell of a struggle."

"... then her line breaks, and a huge snake-beast comes a-slitherin' up to shore. And it attacks them! You should'a seen this snake, it were huge! Had teeth like doctor's needles! The woman and her big man- and some other man (may be her's too, who knows) start fightin' the snake-fish. An' like it were on the line, fish puts up a hell of a fight. It were huge, did I say? Anyway... finally, they kill it an' they burn it. Big damn fish, burnt like that... Thought the prize were mine, then, but I guess not... the big man won anyways."

The fisher folk are sent home soon after the tussle. The eagerness for fishing becomes less and less prevalent after that.

Leschinsky

PostPosted: Mon, May 25 2015, 22:50 PM 

Player

*Lyllith Montimaers has been buying fish offal at the docks for her chicken feed; almost all the birds fed began rotting from the inside out, completely unsellable.*
*In a fit of frustration, she puts the entire flock to the block, trying to find some use in the carrion while she scopes for a breeder to begin anew.*
*In what she considers a crafty decision, she plucks all the birds, bagging and organizing the feathers to sell (for a steal) to the tailors in Cordor; pillows, quilts, padding. All need feathers.*

Lyllith Montimaers : Thorny Rusthaft : Ternesj Drihliri : Mournia Montimaers : Mary Belle Whately : Naji Nebak'nizir the Third

DireCorbie

PostPosted: Sat, May 30 2015, 21:49 PM 

Player

Reports crop up on sightings of a strange shadow in the waters near Bendir Dale, the Nexus Falls, and Benwick. There is also talk of poor fishing in these areas as of late.

Lutra

PostPosted: Sun, May 31 2015, 2:11 AM 

Player

*Someone refreshes the warnings for the Kohlinger naval and dockyard military forces, also sends a copy to the Salandran Temple guards.*

LastDragonRider

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 09 2015, 13:13 PM 

Player

Location: Somewhere... anywhere.. not here...maybe there... (GMT -8)

The bronze dragonkin priestess with the gift of bronze dragonshape given by Bahamut, is asked, and agrees to extend her dawn patrols of Kohlingen's harbor to include the waters around Kampo's and as far down Minmir river as she can. She also adds random patrols through the day. From the surface there is nothing seen from her except in the shallower waters, where the shadowy form of the quickly swimming dragon is seen then in the next breath gone. The morning guards around Kohlingen's docks usually gifted with the sight of the dragon diving into the waters, finally have their comrades see the impressive sight as well.

Sir Khayri Aphaeleon ~ Avenger of Hoar, Knight of Fort Cystana

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]