View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
LetumLux
 
PostPosted: Mon, Jun 01 2015, 12:47 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 May 2007
Location: Amia IKEA

There have been murmurings passed from traders and wardens, of large creatures spotted. The details are hard to pin down and the stories always seem to be second-hand. One of the rumors spread along trade routes by the merchants that frequent them that a large, solitary beast has been seen roaming in the interior of the island. They haven't been close enough to see what it is for themselves (nor did they wish to stick around to find out!) but they tell the tale at junctions and inns. Some of the tales describe a creature that is dragon-like but without wings, dark in color, possibly spiked! Some talk of a creature that walks on two legs, the size of yeti, shaking the trees wherever it goes, lurking out of sight.

As dawn breaks and more of the island begins to awaken, the latest news has gossip of a big creature spotted briefly on the outskirts of the Delta.


 
      
CautiousDread
 
PostPosted: Mon, Jun 01 2015, 13:16 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Location: London - England

Upon returning from her trip to Caraigh, Sali drops off the Dire Wolf she had in town outside the Hut. Opening the door inside she's greeted by the off duty Gate Guard who points her attention to a note and broken collar handed to the guards by a Bluekin.
Reading through the note, Sali's expression turns into a deep frown.
"Are you sure this is true?"
Getting a non-committal answer from the Guard she sighs grabbing onto her longbow following with a sharp whistle. Emerging from one of the Cushions a well groomed Dire Rat sways it's way up to Sali squeaking in question.
"We're going on a lil tracking spree, reckon you can help?"
"Squeak.. Squeak squeak squeak? Squeak! Squeak squeak squeak"
"Fine..My Liege..." Grumbling she picks up the Collar, reaching down to let the Rat get a scent before setting off out of the gates. She heads off towards the Trummels.

_________________
Sali Aphaeleon - Keeper Captain Image

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move"

Sprite by Raua


 
      
Kudark
 
PostPosted: Mon, Jun 01 2015, 17:30 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Given that he is often along the trade routes, and in contact with the road wardens, Crow would hear of these rumors. Crow would describe the felldrake to various road wardens and cart drivers, trying to determine if it is what they may have seen. Since he knows the tracks of the felldrake already, Crow begins searching for large tracks of a different nature, starting at the crossroads in Amia Forest and works his way deeper off the beaten path, into the surrounding areas towards the Delta.

_________________
Image


 
      
MightNMagic
 
PostPosted: Tue, Jun 02 2015, 0:46 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Space Australia

Ever-present in the marketplace, a certain exotic merchant richly garbed in azure silk can be often seen conversing with his peers. He listens, idly twisting a golden, fat band adorned with Waukeenar symbols and sigils. Afterward he can be seen traveling roads between most major trade settlements with an imposing golem in tow, questioning travelers and scanning the countryside with a spyglass.

_________________
Rashad the Azure, Zakharan Merchant-lord Most Fair and Master of the Desert Wind
Loremaster Tukson Devers, Oghmanyte Wrestler of Knowledge and Child of the Passive Voice

(No tells for Rashad while I'm playing other characters please.)


 
      
Leschinsky
 
PostPosted: Tue, Jun 02 2015, 0:51 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 15 Nov 2014

With her frequenting the roadways and taverns, Thorny would pick up on these rumors and whispers with a sense of dread.
She would do her best to avoid these areas, and be sure to mention the danger to any travelers she happens by in the Cordor and Dale areas, further spreading the information along with a warning.
She'd also inquire from anyone who's traveled the mentioned passes if any caravans or traders have gone missing in recent weeks.

_________________
DeviantArt; http://leschinsky.deviantart.com/ I take commissions!

Lyllith Montimaers : Thorny Rusthaft : Ternesj Drihliri : Mournia Montimaers : Mary Belle Whately : Naji Nebak'nizir the Third


 
      
TheLastDragonRider
 
PostPosted: Tue, Jun 02 2015, 12:53 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Location: Somewhere... anywhere.. not here...maybe there... (GMT -8)

I rather amused Bluekin listens to the rumors, only bothering to enlighten her husband about the creature beyond informing Oakmist of its status.

_________________
Sir Khayri Aphaeleon ~ Avenger of Hoar, Knight-Captain of the Defenders of Kohlingen
Image
Kyriana Silverblood ~ Repentant Granddaughter, Silverkin with a Heart of Mercy


 
      
CouncilofAutumn
 
PostPosted: Tue, Jun 02 2015, 14:06 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Dec 2010

Anyone who manages to catch the pale, lanky speedster as he zooms up and down the road and mentions a question about the creature, would be told that it was a Grey Render, that it doted upon the Bloodmoon Orcs until they chased it away out of confusion, and after harmlessly wandering the island for a while he led it back to a less occupied area of the lowland swamps where it will probably eat crocodiles and less intelligent bandits while relaxing in a mud pool.

He also mentions that it was very mild-tempered for a Render, almost 'sweet.'

By this point, whoever it is that asked him about it probably wandered off.

_________________
Mathus, Void Apostle of the New Moon


 
      
LetumLux
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jun 18 2015, 9:42 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 May 2007
Location: Amia IKEA

Days went on, and eventually the rumor mill quieted as the nature of the various monsters were revealed - or as they no longer were noticed enough for the travelers and merchants to be alarmed about them. It remained that way for a while, until a spooked market vendor was seen hurrying into Kampo's for a drink...

A new tale was gradually circulating, of some kind of wailing child or beast. As it caught from mouth to ear, there were implications that it might have something to do with the ghost that had been haunting not too long ago, or perhaps even the Beastmen were rising as undead after so much retribution had rained upon their lair. One particularly drunk prospector would speak with dire certainty that there was some wraith of a gnoll child, singing a terrible dirge for its inability to feed on the living. Some more cynical travelers suggested it was merely the cries of some young beast echoing oddly through the forests and hills, or more likely, some adventurer with a strange sense of humor. Some whisper of the return of jackals, or other monsters trying to lure people into traps.

All that is known for certain is that the rumors began a short while ago, as did the occasional baying that now haunted Amia's interior.


 
      
LetumLux
 
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 19 2015, 0:28 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 May 2007
Location: Amia IKEA

As the day came and went, the wailing had ceased. Some speculated that the ghost wolf (or whatever it truly was) had gone silent once it had found something to sate its unearthly hunger! Those wandering the forests might notice small, bloody paw prints, and transfers of blood amidst the foliage, but nothing that indicated a clear track to follow...

While some at this point knew the nature of the wailing, traveling merchants were content to entertain and spook themselves with the gossip, lent credence that there had been a fatality of an Elven woman said to be related to these howls.


 
      
LetumLux
 
PostPosted: Fri, Apr 22 2016, 2:00 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 May 2007
Location: Amia IKEA

News travels along the road that an adventuring party has gone missing - not just one or two of their number, but the entire five-person group, which is rather unusual considering that no remains have yet been stumbled across by other adventurers, militia, or fortune-seekers.

Word is that the party consisted of people mostly from off-island and of various races; a gnome, a couple of half-elves ("Making a whole one between them!" one irreverent Road Warden is said to have commented), a dwarf, and a human. The human is said to be one of the displaced from the Lowland Delta who had moved into West Cordor after the bombardment from Reaver ships nearly destroyed the village, but little is known about the rest of the party.


 
      
TormakSaber
 
PostPosted: Sun, May 15 2016, 6:59 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere

News travels quickly that the guards outside the front gates of Winya Ravana were assaulted. The Archery instructor claims to have gotten a decent look at the heavily warded and enchanted attacker: A large, winged woman wielding a flaming scimitar with a massive shield, in heavy armor, who appeared out of invisibility to spring an attack after throwing a massive smoke cloud.

The woman attacked the guards, slaying three, and appears to have absconded with one of the bodies quickly before Winya could mount a proper retaliation in the chaos, as only two bodies were found afterwards, despite clear signs of a third death. The Captain of the Guard was not immediately available for comment, since he began doubling up on patrols, and going on several of them personally.

Reports say the city was not breached or entered in any manner, only the plateau out in front of the city walls.

_________________
Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds
Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham


 
      
TormakSaber
 
PostPosted: Tue, May 24 2016, 8:28 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere

The Roadwardens generally have a fairly easy job - especially those who are stationed within the Amia Forest. At least, nowadays, since the days of rampant chaos in the Forest are in the recent, but to some memories, distant past.

Generally, anyways. On some days, they come to a very grisly end, to unseen hands and unheard voices.

https://imgur.com/TRcuPbt

Attempts at resurrecting the poor man, who was beheaded, his skull in morbid fashion atop his back, gazing south towards Bendir Dale, have all failed.

_________________
Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds
Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham


 
      
TormakSaber
 
PostPosted: Tue, May 24 2016, 9:56 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere

While the body is quickly found and moved to the Salandrans, news of the scene still spreads like wildfire.

_________________
Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds
Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham


 
      
PassionateShadow
 
PostPosted: Wed, May 25 2016, 11:43 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Jun 2014

As the isle settles down in the hushed hours of the evening and the temperatures dropped with the setting of the golden orb beyond the horizon, one particular vigil took to the skies over head bounding through the cloud layers in the murky evening skies. Unfettered by the restrictions of grounded life this vigil made full advantage of lighted freedoms all trough out the hushed evening of the night in to the wee morning hours. Any travelers who chanced to gaze up at the skies this night may have reported seeing shooting stars, glimmers of light or something more with a massive double winged figure at best, flickering fleeting moments before disheartening in to a cloud layer.

_________________
❤ Amia is Fun Again! ❤
#GreenisNotACreativeColour

Image
"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."


 
      
Kudark
 
PostPosted: Wed, May 25 2016, 19:33 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Just north of the Minmir bridge, below the hill where Kohlingen Silver Dragons are stationed, three Grove members stand over the patch of land subjected to Horrid Wilting. The three join their incantations of Plant Growth, to help the area recover from the very recent destruction.

_________________
Image


 
      
TormakSaber
 
PostPosted: Thu, May 26 2016, 20:19 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere

More rumors quickly settle through about the small undead horde that seems to have risen from, and marched through the Benwick Hollow Graveyard, down Minmir, through the Forest (purposefully going around the Grove's roads - in a move many academics call odd), before hurling themselves at Bendir Dale's gates.

Alongside this are the tales of three murdered Silve Dragons near the Minmir Bridge, and one of their heads being found as a grotseque blood fountain in the graveyard.

Footnoted are the deaths of two more Roadwardens in the Valley of the Arachnids.

_________________
Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds
Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham


 
      
Lorekeeper
 
PostPosted: Fri, May 27 2016, 2:27 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 01 Dec 2015

In the ruined temple near Benwick Hollow a small campfire burns, a lone monk dressed in the robes of the Old Order watches in silences, his gaze fixed on the gates to the graveyard.

_________________
Ryvvik Nightstar (Weirdo loner Monk)


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Fri, May 27 2016, 18:44 PM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

A certain knight can be seen walking in the temple with a few others then visiting a few family homes during the following days. Later he can be seen leaving Kohlingen towards the south and only returns to the city much later that night.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
CrazyCatLady
 
PostPosted: Fri, May 27 2016, 22:20 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 19 Nov 2014

The Shadowflames and the bard Talas were seen back out at the crossroads in the forest. In the middle of a heavy rain storm, Rania was seen talking to the plants nearest the murder site, while, even more strangely, Cory was seen wearing robes commonly donned by clergy members, regardless of deity.

_________________
Image


 
      
Kuda
 
PostPosted: Sat, May 28 2016, 20:30 PM 



Player

Joined: 28 May 2016

Just down the stairs of the temple of Ilmatir, Sumia places a note, written rather sloppily as if rushed.

"Please contact the Shadowflames as soon as you can."


 
      
The1Kobra
 
PostPosted: Mon, May 30 2016, 5:42 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 12 Oct 2009

Late one night, a group goes over to investigate the site of Benwick Hollow, some casting divinations, others looking or sniffing around, others discussing and comparing their notes of what had transpired...

Image

_________________
I play:
Image


 
      
TormakSaber
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jun 02 2016, 4:38 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere

((I can't answer you because you've never told me what was done or what spells were cast.))

_________________
Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds
Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham


 
      
TormakSaber
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jun 05 2016, 5:42 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere

One dusky evening over Cordor, just before the sun slips behind the night sky, all the town is host to a single wraithlike rider made of bones, atop a red and gold cloth-barded horse. He careens over the city's rooftops, never stopping, always circling, and shouting his message to the entire city. It never makes hostile motions, never dives down into the city proper, never enters a building. It circles once over the North, once over the East, once over South, once over Central, and once over West, before it rides off West out of town. It rides quickly, faster than a Hasted spellcaster could run on a good day, and since it rides in the air, leaves no tracks to be followed. difficult to follow in the darkening sky, it 'leaves' Cordor flying over the West distract, before slowly descending towards Cape Slakh, where it disappears from sight.

It always repeats the same message endlessly, without tone or inflection - a simple truth, stated for those who would hear it, in a deep baritone voice that echoes just slightly between the close knit buildings of East and West Cordor.

"Let it be known to all who walk the path of the living, that the dead have come for their due. The False Lord of the Fugue, and his apathetic, treacherous scribe will pay for their crimes. Death is not the curtain of a play, to be lifted and looked behind at your leisure. It is the End Of All Things, and there are no new beginnings for those who cross over. This inexorable truth, and many more, will be made clear."

With skill checks, various things can be deduced about the creature and its statements.

DC 30 Spot Check:
The ghostly horse's barding is covered in a motif of skulls, and is tattered in some places. It is red and gold colored, and the gold has faded with time. The horse is black. the rider wears black robes, and seems to be a skeleton.


DC 50 Spot Check:
You learn the DC 30 spot check's information, and also spot that the ghastly rider is wearing a crown of some sort, with 2 large points on either side of the forehead. you can't tell what the crown is made of. It seems to be black colored.


DC 20 Lore Check OR Worshipper of Kelemvor, or Jergal OR two hours spent in a library researching words and phrases from the speech:
The titles "False Lord of the Fugue" and "his treacherous scribe" refer to Kelemvor and Jergal, the current reigning Gods of the Dead and the afterlife.


DC 25 Spellcraft OR Spell Focus Necromancy line OR Palemaster OR Wizard School Specialization: Necromancy:
This appears to be a purpose created, animated undead, not powerful, perhaps equivalent to a Wraith or a Dread Wraith, sent out to spread a message. It doesn't appear to be sentient and looks to be following a specific pattern and routine given to it by its creator.... whoever that may be.


If your character has 100 or more Lore, OR the "Epic Skill Focus - Lore" feat, PM me. I will give you extra information. You must prove you have triple digit Lore before a d20 skill check.

_________________
Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds
Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham


 
      
TormakSaber
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jul 28 2016, 8:09 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere

Cordor North is rocked with an explosion as a large scale magical fight breaks out between adventurers. Worker sform local carpenter guilds are contracted by the Ministries of Labor and Finance to repair damages to several buildings in the area around the crossroads,a s well as replace signage, lanterns, lampposts, and supplies of several farmers lost in the blast.

Thankfully no civilians were hurt, having been brought away from the fight when tense arguments began before the standoff. Popular rumor says the fight took place between a "Sel'goron" and an "Osiris", but eyewitness accounts also place folks such as Andrew Fryar, Kohlinger Knight Hector Sylgerand, Ex-STU member Matthew of Lathander, Snow the Elven ex-Governor of East, and the (in)famous Green Dragonkin, "Stormwind".

Also noted on scene was Law Minister herself, Law Knight Alice Dearing, who, together with adventurers, brought in Stormwind towards the jails after the conflict.

_________________
Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds
Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham


 
      
TormakSaber
 
PostPosted: Mon, Aug 15 2016, 6:37 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere

It becomes common knowledge throughout the Ruathym-Amia region that a celebration was held in honor of the annointment of Lord Arsant Wiltun's new First Knight: Taelar Ardelyn, of newly minted House Ardelyn.

_________________
Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds
Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Sat, Oct 22 2016, 9:14 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

Rumors are spreading around that a giant bǎochuán from the empire of Shou Lung stopped by Cordor. The gigantic ship was at least twice as tall as the tallest building in the city and Cordorian navy and Merchant fleet combined looked completely insignificant next to the gigantic ship of the east. Some of the locals look frightened due to their recent experience with the Amnish navy but they are more fascinated with the gigantic ship!

From the ship one of the Emperor's Wu Jen disembarks escorted by a few guards of her own. She was asking for the aid of adventurers to guide her and her delegation to the Oakmist Vale.

Image

Later that day the Imperial delegation returns to the ship and the gigantic ship disappears in the horizon while the locals watching it leaving with a fascinated expression on their face. Clearly they cannot place the events anywhere. As the ship disappears questions are raised by the locals and word is spreading fast!

    "A gigantic ship comes from the far east only to spend a few hours on the island?"
    "Why would the greatest and more powerful nation on Toril send an Imperial envoy to a simple island on the Trackless Sea?"
    "Not to mention..that they are here to visit the Grove???"
    "What do they have to do with the Tree Huggers??????!"
    "What in the Nine Hells is happening??!!!"

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Kudark
 
PostPosted: Sat, Oct 22 2016, 12:20 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Two rangers of Oakmist Vale accompany the Imperial delegation back to the Cordor docks, from the Grove. Elrith and Crow lead them along the path, answering any questions put to them, and give the Emissary their thanks, and parting goodbyes to the Wu Jen. The pair of rangers stand and watch, as the massive ship sets sail, and leaves the harbor, then they quietly leave the city, returning into the forest from whence they came.

_________________
Image


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Wed, Nov 09 2016, 2:15 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

After the attack on the Hoarite chapel word begins to spread among the various cells of the Ecclesia of Assuran. The Church of Hoar becomes furious and demands retribution on the drow that attached the chapel in Nes'ek. Rumors are spreading that they might offer a reward to the one who will lead to them to drow who attacked them!

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Fri, Nov 11 2016, 2:21 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

After days are passing, the Church of Hoar all around Faerun announces the revenge on the "drow" or "sun elf" that attacked the chapel of the Assuran. Rumors indicate that Avengers are preparing to gather once they learn about the identity of the attackers!


In the meantime those who live or frequent the Underdark city of L'Obsul would learn the following rumors:

The attack from the aberrant cloakers do not cease but intensifying. The already limited amount of trade that is happening through the river in the Lowerdark is now further reduced due to the attacks.

An odd sight can be seen, a few Neogi ships are leaving their former home downstream and moving upstream on the river in their spider-like monstrous boats. The speed that they are using is somewhat unreasonable and as such, it appears that they are fleeing from something maybe?

Meanwhile in L'Obsul the Svirfneblin population is more alarmed about the "Lemendemenispoiradelopth" than ever before. Rumors are spreading around that the Svirfneblin Chieftain, Meonyc of the Lens might bring the issue to the council. The deep gnomes are also doing some sort of the renovations around their collective home but they refuse to tell anything to anyone. The Orogs and the Duergars remain irritated about the deep gnomes and they give them a slap every now and then. The kobolds initially started to laugh about them due to their hatred towards the svirfneblin but now they are starting to look worried, seeing all the preparations. The drow and illithid sides of the city are silently observing the events. The Zau'tars only involve themselves if a fight breaks out between the factions.

Inside the sea caverns of Nec'perya a worker reports that one of the ancient aboleth symbols turned from red to green! It apparently alerts the "Liberated" as well and six of the hybrid illithids appear in the city, starting to search for something.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Tarnus
 
PostPosted: Mon, Nov 14 2016, 2:16 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 28 Aug 2015

Two horn calls, shortly after each other sounded through the night. Following this, a group of various adventurers moves through the forests. A while after, a cart is pushed by a man who might be familiar to some as one of the long term resisdents of this isle to Cordor, bringing grim news to the guard there. Word gets around quickly, that a cart carrying food for Cordor has been attacked in the Amian forest, by an as of yet unknown assailant, the heads of the victims taken. Various rumors go around, though whether anyone knows anything specific is a mystery for now.

_________________
Playing as:
Aleana Xiloscient: Wherever the winds take her.
Jealesyl Truesong: A voice in the dark
DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire


 
      
Kudark
 
PostPosted: Mon, Nov 14 2016, 3:47 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Not long before the cart arrives in Cordor, the same two rangers who were seen escorting the Shou Lung delegation some weeks before, are seen carrying a young human boy to a home in East Cordor, near to the Church of Lathander. They speak gently with the woman who emerges from the home, and soon after, the woman and child enter the home, and the rangers portal away.

_________________
Image


 
      
Tarnus
 
PostPosted: Tue, Nov 15 2016, 21:20 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 28 Aug 2015

During the following days, Amians cart drivers can be seen carrying odd little objects on their carts. Upon questioning, they answer that the charms are supposed to ward off angry evil Fey. They appear to be of mixed opinion on the effectiveness of these.

_________________
Playing as:
Aleana Xiloscient: Wherever the winds take her.
Jealesyl Truesong: A voice in the dark
DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire


 
      
Kudark
 
PostPosted: Tue, Nov 15 2016, 21:48 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Again, the two rangers could be seen approaching the home in East Cordor, where they brought the young boy to, just days before. Their visit is short, and the overall mood is somewhat sad, though a pouch that jingles a bit with the sound of coin is handed to the woman of the house, before the rangers depart the city, and disappear into the frontier.

_________________
Image


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Wed, Nov 16 2016, 0:19 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

A certain bard can be seen reading children stories and folk tales or other products of talespinning in some of the libraries around the island.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Tarnus
 
PostPosted: Wed, Nov 16 2016, 22:14 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 28 Aug 2015

This night is clear, the moon standing high. Those familiar with old stories feel a bit at unease, given recent occurences.

_________________
Playing as:
Aleana Xiloscient: Wherever the winds take her.
Jealesyl Truesong: A voice in the dark
DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire


 
      
Tarnus
 
PostPosted: Thu, Nov 17 2016, 0:16 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 28 Aug 2015

A flurry of activity disturbs the night. Reports of another attack on a cart near minimir bridge are spoken off, and a terrible mutilated cart driver. Shortly afterwards, activities to reclaim the odd set of charms starts. The event become turbulent, there is talk of attacks at the ACTF in Cordor and large scale attack in Bendirs Dale, though seemingly not focused at the village itself. Instead some rumors talk about a specific person being hunted down. Shortly afterwards, another four horn calls sounded, this time from the skull crags, for as of yet unknown reasons!

Whether their recent losses have convinced the attackers to leave the isle be remains to be seen.

_________________
Playing as:
Aleana Xiloscient: Wherever the winds take her.
Jealesyl Truesong: A voice in the dark
DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire


 
      
Grymia
 
PostPosted: Thu, Nov 17 2016, 2:35 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Location: Kohlingen, and a Basement in Canada

A number of Kohlingenians and their allies returned to the site of the most recent attack along the road to bury the slain caravaneers.

As they worked, the low sound of a Gnome singing a Working song seemed to fill the air.


 
      
Tarnus
 
PostPosted: Sat, Nov 19 2016, 1:14 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 28 Aug 2015

Stories spread of a group of adventurers consisting of some squires of Kohlingen, one of them being a large shirtless man, a pink haired halfling and some unaffiliated humans dumping off brigants at a very disgruntled cordorian guard.

_________________
Playing as:
Aleana Xiloscient: Wherever the winds take her.
Jealesyl Truesong: A voice in the dark
DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire


 
      
Terallis
 
PostPosted: Sat, Nov 19 2016, 3:37 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada

Tarnus wrote:
some unaffiliated humans


One could even say a familiar blue clad ranger often seen patrolling Wharftown.

_________________
Image


 
      
Tarnus
 
PostPosted: Wed, Nov 23 2016, 21:10 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 28 Aug 2015

Winters grasp on Amia becomes stronger this week, as cold wind blows over the isle and temperatures drop. Those lacking proper protection would feel quite uncomfortable out in the cold.

_________________
Playing as:
Aleana Xiloscient: Wherever the winds take her.
Jealesyl Truesong: A voice in the dark
DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire


 
      
Tarnus
 
PostPosted: Tue, Nov 29 2016, 21:36 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 28 Aug 2015

After a cold night, the morning appears to be clear at first and while certainly not warm, the temperature across the isles seems less harsh. This changes when a strong wind starts blowing and snow falls from the sky. This happens at a rapid speed, with snow covering the floor and ways, cart travel slows down. Often the drivers have to stop in order to clear the way for their carts.

_________________
Playing as:
Aleana Xiloscient: Wherever the winds take her.
Jealesyl Truesong: A voice in the dark
DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Wed, Nov 30 2016, 0:41 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

BREAKING NEWS! Rumors are spreading around the Toril, the Underdark and eventually reach Amia island region.

It appears that nobody provided information to the Hoarites about the attack that occurred on the chapter in Nes'ek. Rumors are spreading that a crusading army amassed in various part of Faerun, however, there appeared to be a schism between those who answered the call.

Due to the conflicting information one identified the attackers as "drow" thus they began descended to the Underdark or attempted to locate drow communities on the surface. The latter occurred without success. The other half identified the "sun elves" collectively as attackers. As such they began to attack known places where sun elves exist or sun elf travellers, merchants if they come accross with them. Unfortunately most of them mixed up the wild and the wood elves with the sun elves and they tried to attack their hidden settlements or sett heir forests on fire.

However, a significant part of this unorganized crusade died horribly in the Underdark. While the ones who tried to purge the "sun elves" on the surface also been killed by the resisting elves. The elves on the surface suffered more.

As rumors reach the main cities of Faerun people do not seem to understand how could this happen? In the meantime the Hoarite church blames things on the people who left their call for aid unanswered. The conflict did not seem to reach the islands west of Faerun, however, as news spread locals seem to to shake their head due to the seemingly unreasonable massacre.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Wed, Nov 30 2016, 1:06 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

Somewhere in the Underdark, a lounging jabress laughs into her glass of Blood Wine as she hears the news of the Hoarites, whom ventured into their unforgiving territory only to be met with horrible death.

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
Genar_Detkasa
 
PostPosted: Wed, Nov 30 2016, 1:09 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 22 Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia [GMT +10]

Meanwhile the jaluk next to her was passed out on the bar and missed the news entirely, but he was laughing in his sleep.

_________________
NWN Account Name: KnightProtector


 
      
Anatida
 
PostPosted: Wed, Nov 30 2016, 1:25 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Sep 2011
Location: Texas Y'all

A shadow overheard the news from the small alcove she had curled herself in. She didn't laugh. In fact, as usual, her expression was completely impassive to the news.

_________________
Image
Iim'mur'ss - Grandmaster Shadowdancer / Aaralyn - Diplomat / Oleander - Toxic Desert Flower


 
      
Tarnus
 
PostPosted: Wed, Nov 30 2016, 14:32 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 28 Aug 2015

It was early in the morning in Cordor. The sun had not risen yet and so only faint light illuminated the snow covered streets. Not much stirred, only those working early, the guards and those who preferred the night over the day were around. And even this activity was more subdued then usual, the snow storm that had been over the isle had clearly discouraged most from heading out if they did not need to. This tranquil stillness however, was harshly interrupted in one place. A loud scream sounded from the Nomad, leading to a brief bustle of activity around the place.

_________________
Playing as:
Aleana Xiloscient: Wherever the winds take her.
Jealesyl Truesong: A voice in the dark
DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire


 
      
Gravemaskin
 
PostPosted: Sun, Dec 04 2016, 20:22 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Location: Norway: Home of the Trolls

The following days after the incident in the Nomad, Jackie could be seen falling asleep for a few moments or minutes at a time at various places. Though usually on benches or leaning against a tree on the road, at other times he seemed to check his surroundings and travel in eratic patterns as if thinking he's being followed. When he rented rooms at inns, be it the Hin inn, the Nomad or even Mayfields, a terrified scream followed by a sweatty Jackie making a hasty exit tended to follow only hours after entering his room.

_________________
Adair - Druid and part time treant cosplayer


 
      
Tarnus
 
PostPosted: Mon, Dec 05 2016, 14:03 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 28 Aug 2015

Winter progresses. All over Amia, Ruathym, the regions lying in the Frozenfar and Broggdenstein snowfall increases, those already more northern and wintery regions will find that their roads rapidly clog up with snow, making travel difficult, if it is not moved aside in some way.

_________________
Playing as:
Aleana Xiloscient: Wherever the winds take her.
Jealesyl Truesong: A voice in the dark
DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire


 
      
Terallis
 
PostPosted: Mon, Dec 05 2016, 21:41 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada

Around Wharftown, the general helper golems begin clearing what they can within the town, off the roads, and the docks. Outside of town, when on patrol, Aedan does what he can, as well, to get rid of some of the snow on the roads. At least near to the town. If possible, he also requests aid in such from other residents who might wish to help.

_________________
Image


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Mon, Dec 12 2016, 11:23 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

As the cold weather kicks in rumors begin to circulate around Amia, indicating that the bandits on the west coast who were once sponsored by the local pirates are now banding together under a mysterious leader, commonly being referred as the "Baroness".

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group