View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
MazeOfThorns
 
PostPosted: Mon, Dec 12 2016, 20:17 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

Seems the rabble just south of Wharftown were approached by a certain bronze winged duo and their trusty companion. After many attempts to parley being met with attacks the rabble met ruin. A couple archers were left to tell the tale and urged to have their leader contact the fellow named Rane from Wharftown. Who promised to return daily to attempt parley, and stressing that he would defend himself should he be attacked.

_________________
Image

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar


 
      
PassionateShadow
 
PostPosted: Wed, Dec 14 2016, 19:45 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Jun 2014

Within the late and early hours of the day a darkened figure would be scouring the coast line... It isn't too long before a large kite is soon well with in the sky over the western coast. Nautical flags are soon seen adorning the slender rope attached to the massive kite. A Black flag with a White Chess piece in the center of a knight; A form of some one's Jolly Rodger- on a ship it would indicate a threat of attack- it was however followed by a bright yellow and blue flag as the second along the line of the kite, which gave the message "Come communicate with me." There was a tree along the Coast line that the Kite was tethered to. On the tree was a dagger and a folded notice.

_________________
❤ Amia is Fun Again! ❤
#GreenisNotACreativeColour

Image
"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 15 2016, 7:35 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

News are spreading around Wharftown! The great party in Wharftown got ended early by two fireballs on behalf of HoJo, the Headmaster of the Magisterum Mortis in Tarkuul! Rumors are indicating that some adventurers tried to trap his soul but the High Priest of Selune interfered! How terrible!!! Then the adventurers attempted to burn him outside the town but bandits interfered...or was it the Baroness???

Later that day body parts can be seen pinned on spikes by the road between Cordor and Warftown. The bodyparts, armor and cloth pieces indicate that that it once belonged to HoJo, the Headmaster of the Magisterum Mortis.

On each spike a note can be seen hanging:

Quote:
Free People of Amia,

Here lies HoJo, murderer and raider of merchants and the innocent people of Amia. Let it be known that no innocent will be harmed under the domain of the Baroness.

Rejoice, for the Baroness is keeping your roads safe and She is your shield against the wicked.



Once the piece of art about HoJo is presented for the public the Amia Cart Service after Ermey Hartman's approval, decides that it is better to pay extortion money on the West Coast especially under the current weather conditions where the cargo is precious. This example is followed by some of the merchants who frequent the west coast. Those who refused to pay...well....they either got lucky or they didn't!

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Richard_Edmund
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 15 2016, 9:41 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 23 Sep 2012
Location: Western Australia (+8 GMT)

A dark figure carrying a mages staff bearing a mummified head at its top takes the pieces in the dead of night under the cover of invisibility. Anyone conveniently traveling in close proximity could hear a womans voice muttering.

I am owed for this, Headmaster...

_________________
Warlord Elwyn Sabel | Necromaster Laura Jarshall


 
      
Crowfeather
 
PostPosted: Fri, Dec 16 2016, 6:26 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 04 Sep 2015

Along the road between Wharftown to the Delta, and yes, even through Cordor a half dragon woman with purple-scales, black hair, and yellow eyes walks along in pale armor. She looks a bit banged up in the face and pale. She keeps looking over her shoulder and starting suddenly at the slightest noise, as if she is expecting something to jump out at her.

She is heard to mutter: "This is not good, this is not good... a demon is infatuated with me."

_________________
Tamberlaeyne Scivarnshochraos - Howlingscale {Currently Pippilotta Poccolino}
Djess'l Samcroi Aly'murr'ss - A Song in Shadow
Available For RP on Request Fisshean Killerretyn & Fir'quemil Molloc'qua n-Oussgh'ymn


 
      
PassionateShadow
 
PostPosted: Sun, Dec 18 2016, 8:24 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Jun 2014

Image

After an extensive chat with several folks in the Slanty Shanty a small figure makes their way south and starts to delve in to the shadows. They search along the edge of the woods and keep a careful eye on the happenings of the road in the distance and the small ware house. With the skill and experience of some one who's worked in such business in the past they keep notes of intervals and any particularly interesting figures of note among the roaming bandits. If presented the opportunity when said bandits settle to relax a silent shadow watched on and listen from the darkness simply taking note... Should any one bandit be of particular interest a shadow signature is studied.

_________________
❤ Amia is Fun Again! ❤
#GreenisNotACreativeColour

Image
"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."


 
      
MazeOfThorns
 
PostPosted: Sun, Dec 18 2016, 8:41 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

Notes are given to the cart drivers around Amia and attached to the local brigand base along the west coast with a dirk.

"Good Friends and Neighbors,

Considering that Hojo is up and about /alive/ (so to speak), clearly this baroness Cynthia just wants to extort coin from us. And just how is Cynthia a shield when she sends her minions to ambush and murder party goers just outside of Wharftown? 'No innocent will be harmed under the domain of the Baroness', my ass.

Well, if you really want those with your best interests in mind, see the Hands of Ieriyn in Wharftown.

~Rane"

_________________
Image

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Sun, Dec 18 2016, 8:44 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

Male locals in Wharftown can be seen talking during the past day and praising an enigmatic new idol of the region: "The Woman in the Red Dress".

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
TormakSaber
 
PostPosted: Sun, Dec 18 2016, 8:57 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 16 Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere

Korthan attempts to find out what this "Woman in the Red Dress" could possibly have done in the last tenday to have so quickly taken over local speech and become idolized as quickly as they did in a region with a history like Wharftown's.

_________________
Davion Telemos - Monk of the Four Winds
Korthan Isharnos - Dragon Shaman of Thunder Spirit Zamasham


 
      
Jes
 
PostPosted: Sun, Dec 18 2016, 9:02 AM 

User avatar

Developer

Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Location: Camriiole

As the male population of Wharftown continues to have gone mad after one encounter with this woman in a red dress, the member of the Hands of Ieriyn known as Mary just watches the idolatry with a bizarre mixture of curiosity and disapproval. Still not certain that the woman had not used some form of glamour or charm, she nonetheless keeps a sharp eye about the town for any more female "visitors" who may look familiar.

_________________
Login: The Copper Queen
Illunamaeryx - First Knight of Kohlingen
Lady Sui'Aerl Valis - Everyone's Favorite Artificer
Pebbles Oldfur - Bendir Dale's Minister of Hearth (And Boozemeister)
-------------------


 
      
That Guy
 
PostPosted: Sun, Dec 18 2016, 18:01 PM 



Player

Joined: 13 Nov 2014

The Knight Captain of Kohlingen would be seen regularly keeping a watchful eye on the Southern border of Wharftown, either on foot or from the air. She would give blank stares to the guards as they continue to speak of this, "Woman in Red", and she would without hesitation cut down any brigand to so much as look at her sideways, but not before saying, "If you manage to survive, send my regards to Cynthia.".


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Tue, Dec 20 2016, 2:52 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

Rumors spread around the island about an attack on ferry at Kampo's which is renown for going between the Storehouse and the Holy City. The tales imply a figure in dark outfit and helmet sending fireballs on the boat. However, the prompt intervention of adventurers saved the boat from any structural damage and they even paid for new sails.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Tarnus
 
PostPosted: Wed, Dec 21 2016, 23:33 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 28 Aug 2015

The amount of snow falling from the sky over Amia and large parts of ruathym today increases, covering large parts of the land. Road travel can still be made, but moving forwards is difficult, especially in less well travelled regions one might find the roads covered in deep snows - or sometimes even hard to determine where they are even supposed to run.

_________________
Playing as:
Aleana Xiloscient: Wherever the winds take her.
Jealesyl Truesong: A voice in the dark
DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire


 
      
Grymia
 
PostPosted: Wed, Dec 21 2016, 23:52 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Location: Kohlingen, and a Basement in Canada

In spite of this, Tuomas (especially on realizing the turn of weather) Used his portal wand to travel to Wharftown to check up on affairs and see if all was well.


 
      
Terallis
 
PostPosted: Wed, Dec 21 2016, 23:57 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada

In Wharftown, things are likely rough overall. Thankfully, the roads are helped kept clear by the clockwork helpers around the town. However, even then, it only goes so far.

_________________
Image


 
      
Richard_Edmund
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 22 2016, 0:27 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 23 Sep 2012
Location: Western Australia (+8 GMT)

Though most people buckle down for the winter months in Ruathym, at least one War Knight maintains her patrols across Ostland, though they tend to take much longer than usual and with far less frequency.

_________________
Warlord Elwyn Sabel | Necromaster Laura Jarshall


 
      
corypx
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 22 2016, 1:10 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Oct 2006

On the Ruathym island of Caraigh the Thane would be seen dropping off large bundles of split fire wood that he has cut with his journeyman training as a lumberjack for the people of the island to take and use, and otherwise helping them with clearing snow away that impedes the life of the people of Caraigh.

Otherwise as always a skeleton can be seen wandering the island at night even wading though the snow should it get so high, cutting down all other undeath with out impunity.

_________________
================-<Cory ShadowFlame>-================
Risenlord-Shifter(OMG a Non-Dragon Shifter that can hold his own in PvE)
Image


 
      
Tarnus
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 22 2016, 1:51 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 28 Aug 2015

Firewood and help are gratefully accepted by the population of the plagued isle. Some of the roofs find themselves creaking under the added weight by the snow where it can't slide off easily enough, where the slope was not sufficient, requiring them to be cleared from time to time.

_________________
Playing as:
Aleana Xiloscient: Wherever the winds take her.
Jealesyl Truesong: A voice in the dark
DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire


 
      
corypx
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 22 2016, 2:00 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Oct 2006

The Thane making notice of such added snow on the roofs would assist them by making use of his shape shifting ability to increase his high with the use of much larger forms to remove the snow, or if needed in the case of taller buildings fly up too.

_________________
================-<Cory ShadowFlame>-================
Risenlord-Shifter(OMG a Non-Dragon Shifter that can hold his own in PvE)
Image


 
      
Amarice-Elaraliel
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 22 2016, 2:04 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 20 Jan 2006

Word spreads in Kohlingen that the little boy Frederick, managed to slip away again and ran off once more. This being the third time now. The previous two trips having been cut rather short lived, when Guard patrols had picked him up on Tristam Path. This time there was no such luck it seems, the boy remains missing.

_________________
Image
Image


 
      
PassionateShadow
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 22 2016, 2:15 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Jun 2014

In the forests and swamps of the isles surrounding the Northern section of the isle the fey touched cat like being stalked the road sides and prowled through un savory territory. A small group may have been accosted by a strange black cat crossing their paths with in the Forrest of Despair. New routs were being made as the evenings showed more activity. In their slow toil and prowls of the rough wilds of the lands they kept watchful eyes on trade routs, and other such activity making their own paths of ease through the rugged terrain. An eerie sort of darkness seemed to over take sections of this beings activity... any light drawn near was smoothly yet gently snuffed from existence. Simple marks were made along their paths of strange symbols. As usual poisoned plants were gathered from the patches they grew in.

_________________
❤ Amia is Fun Again! ❤
#GreenisNotACreativeColour

Image
"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."


 
      
That Guy
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 22 2016, 18:08 PM 



Player

Joined: 13 Nov 2014

Hearing the news of Frederick's disappearance, Nimiwae would go out on the paths herself, looking for him. Being that she is no tracker, she can only use what she finds easily in the snow, but she does scour the area from Minmir Bridge through Tristram's path, seeking the boy.


 
      
Amarice-Elaraliel
 
PostPosted: Wed, Dec 28 2016, 15:02 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 20 Jan 2006

That Guy wrote:
Hearing the news of Frederick's disappearance, Nimiwae would go out on the paths herself, looking for him. Being that she is no tracker, she can only use what she finds easily in the snow, but she does scour the area from Minmir Bridge through Tristram's path, seeking the boy.


Unfortunately, six days later the boy is still not found. The snow provides a lot of prints, however, unfortunately Tristam path is heavily travelled, so without a skilled tracker it is hard to find much. The only thing of note: Small foorprints are seen from the side of the wall towards the main road of Tristams path, though mostly covered by snow the next day of his disappearing and completely gone the day after. The prints led from the side of the wall, along the trees, towards the road a little away from the guard. Whoever walked there must have snuck from the wall, along the trees, to further down the road. Here however, they mingled with the heavy travelled road foot and wheel prints and disappeared in them.

Little is heard of the boys father. Rumors however say that his mother was brought to the Salandran Temple this very moring. As of why, the rumor mill spinns as it always does. The rumors vary from her having a breakdown, to her having had a heart attack up to her having gone insane over the loss of her boy. Every time the story is told, her condition seems to become more spectacular.

_________________
Image
Image


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Wed, Dec 28 2016, 22:25 PM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

A certain paladin can be seen putting every available effort to find the boy and the father while trying to reach out to the mother when her condition allows such.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Grymia
 
PostPosted: Wed, Dec 28 2016, 22:34 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Location: Kohlingen, and a Basement in Canada

Tuomas, working alongside the Paladin's efforts would be seeking out a personal effect of the boy's if it's possible to help in the casting of a Discern Location.


 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 29 2016, 1:39 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
Unfortunately, six days later the boy is still not found. The snow provides a lot of prints, however, unfortunately Tristam path is heavily travelled, so without a skilled tracker it is hard to find much. The only thing of note: Small foorprints are seen from the side of the wall towards the main road of Tristams path, though mostly covered by snow the next day of his disappearing and completely gone the day after. The prints led from the side of the wall, along the trees, towards the road a little away from the guard. Whoever walked there must have snuck from the wall, along the trees, to further down the road. Here however, they mingled with the heavy travelled road foot and wheel prints and disappeared in them.

Little is heard of the boys father. Rumors however say that his mother was brought to the Salandran Temple this very moring. As of why, the rumor mill spinns as it always does. The rumors vary from her having a breakdown, to her having had a heart attack up to her having gone insane over the loss of her boy. Every time the story is told, her condition seems to become more spectacular.


High Priestess Teuivae would spend a familiar shift at the Salandran Temple on nurse duty for the afternoon, however taking this opportunity to seek the young boy's mother and her condition. After assessing the woman's condition, she might offer to aid her in finding her boy, should she wish it and be amicable to answering a question or two. The questions would be formed politely and cease if the woman seemed overwhelmed or outrageously uncomfortable.

She would ask:

"Do you have any possessions of your boy with you, that I can see?"

"Would you be able to explain to me why Frederick has left home the last few times?"

"What is Fredericks age?"


// Responding here or in PMs is fine with me, don't need to be bothered IG if you don't prefer!

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
The Little Dragon
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 29 2016, 2:40 AM 



Player

Joined: 08 Nov 2016

Soren Celver explored the quagmires for tracks, torn fabric, shoes, belts, clothing, loose hairs, lizardfolk fetishes, food, and other clues in his search for the boy.

when company found him, Torsten and Thomas, explored the yaun-ti dwelling. they searched for things like above.

Soren Celver explored white stag shore for clues like above and asked the guardsman if they found anything.

Soren celver explored Benwick graveyard for signs of the boy or father and asked the local salesmen if they have seen signs of said two.

Checked the Salandrian temple, asking around for a lone boy or his father.

Soren went to kampo's storehouse and spoke to the many people there on if they saw a boy or a man looking for a boy.

_________________
"A master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved. To assist the DM in making the game fun, and not to show discord."


 
      
PassionateShadow
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 29 2016, 9:42 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Jun 2014

Upon learning of the news , Matthew brings the news of the missing boy and father to Crystal. He asks if she will join him in the search for Frederick and potentially the boy's father. The idea to first start from a scouting position in the skies together before venturing below edging out in to the Sky Forest, investigating barrows and dens though being mindful of the wild life.

_________________
❤ Amia is Fun Again! ❤
#GreenisNotACreativeColour

Image
"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."


 
      
Suhjet
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 29 2016, 9:57 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 06 Sep 2012

A squire, with what little information she has to work with, sets out in search for a missing child through Tristram's Path, south, across the Minmir bridge, ending up at Kampo's. She would inquire about said missing child there, occasionally looking east towards Actand for potential clues.

_________________
Melsa

What a familiar feeling.
The restrictiveness of the human body.
To see through your eyes, the world around you still looks no different to me, but it's what you desire that brought you here.
And these are the things I'm blind to.


 
      
Nivo
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 29 2016, 15:00 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Location: East of Elsewhere, West of Sometime

Yet another joins the search for young Frederick. Marcus Valis, newly clad in the colors of the Defenders, would inquire with the bureaucrats of city hall to compile some basic information that seemed to be lacking about the child and his family. Notably their place of residence within the city, and other pertinent information. Using this, the young lord would speak with neighbors and friends of the boy, trying to gather what may have driven the boy to run off, if anything else than simple young wanderlust. While others diligently search the wilds or prepare to cast divination, Marcus seeks to compile a basic dossier of information that may be useful if mundane searching fails and, as apt to happen, divination is inconclusive.

Specifically:
- Where does Frederick and his family live in the city?
- Speaking with his neighbors/family, finding out what the family does. And the general impression of them.
- Has there been anything suspicious ongoing the days leading up to the disappearance?

_________________
Playing:
Marcus Valis
Norendir


 
      
Amarice-Elaraliel
 
PostPosted: Thu, Dec 29 2016, 22:09 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 20 Jan 2006

The mother is in the mental ward at the moment and not allowed to receive visitors in the first days after her arrival and noone aside of her assigned staff is allowed to speak with her until it is ensured that speaking to her will not rile her up again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quagmires, Salandran Temple Grounds, Benwick Hollow, Kampo, nor the wilds show any sign of the boy and noone around those areas has seen a boy by that description. (no signs are found anywhere outside of Tristam's path by the road and the wall and the trees in between, in fact)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frederick and his Family live in the Greengarden District. Specifically, in a house bordering to the wall.

The family are farmers. They have 4 fields aswell as some pigs and chickens and cows. The boys mother seems rather popular, aswell as the boy. People speak pleasant of them if asked, mentioning them being helpful, polite and "good folk". When asked about the father, the most common answer is a roll of eyes and a dismissive hand-gesture or very few mumbled words which usually involve key-wolds like "asshole" or "dick".

Not much unusual was reported aside of that the little rascal has slipped away twice before.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

// I'll be DM side tomorrow for IC investigations. Somewhere around 3pm EST onwards.

_________________
Image
Image


 
      
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Fri, Dec 30 2016, 2:05 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

The High Priestess would offer her assistance in taking care of the ailing mother in the meantime, having a lot of experience in both mental health and specifically in the work of the Salandran Temple mental ward proper. She would refrain from asking her questions until she is certainly sure it wouldn't rile the woman up. If nothing else, she would seek to speak to the mother's personal nurses and see if they have gleaned anything from their time with her.

// see you tomorrow! <3

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
Blue Moon
 
PostPosted: Fri, Dec 30 2016, 21:31 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Location: Florida

In slightly better spirits, it seems, the gaunt Salandran made herself busy with the Mother's case, working alongside her friend Tee and acting as liaison whenever she could answer, or ask questions.

_________________
Playing
Jovianne Undon
Devout of The Healer
"[SocksOnFeet] Arabella Amakiir: [Talk] That girl got buns, hon. "

Image


 
      
MazeOfThorns
 
PostPosted: Sat, Dec 31 2016, 19:11 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 17 Dec 2013
Location: Just arrived from Korriban by Fury class Imperial Interceptor

It seems Rane has been visiting the cart drivers one by one and attempting to speak to them regarding an alteration to their carts. This exchanging wheels for ski's or 'How to make a sleigh' is written into a tome for the drivers. The tome, should the driver accept, details materials needed for both metal and wooden sleighs as well as blueprints and detailed step by step instructions.

Rane mentions that he would be happy to find the tradesmen who fashion metal and wood for the drivers. And he assures them that making the adjustments will make their travel much easier in ice and snow. Especially on the West Coast where travel has become dicey with Cynthias brutes running around.

_________________
Image

2015 Mr. AMIA with the Fabulous Estara ~ 2015 Best Developed SOB Character: Rith'tar


 
      
Kronox
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jan 19 2017, 22:49 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 11 Jan 2016

People traveling near Wharftown can often see bodies of pirates along the roads, but not often as grisly a scene as travelers one morning might come across. Instead of even slices from swords, it looks like these brigands were torn apart by a large beast. Rakish slashes across throats and chests abound, as well as large bite marks frequent the corpses.

A tracker, if one were to look, might notice two sets of prints, however, one being feline in nature, the other canine.

_________________
Currently Playing: Kaha Waoku - Jungle Punch Cat


 
      
Terallis
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jan 19 2017, 23:05 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Oct 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada

Likely having an idea of things as a whole, and not seeing such as too out of the ordinary in the area, given the company, the blue clad ranger of Wharftown doesn't seem to pay much mind to these things. He continues his patrols as usual, putting down such pirates and brigands as they attack, much like he normally does.

_________________
Image


 
      
Jes
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jan 19 2017, 23:21 PM 

User avatar

Developer

Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Location: Camriiole

Another figure comes across these signs of activity and crouches to the snow, gazing at the sets of paw prints. Under her hood, the slightest frown touches her lips. She looks down the road, then back toward Wharftown, before she takes a few steps away from the massacre and suddenly takes to the skies as her form shifts into a small bird.

_________________
Login: The Copper Queen
Illunamaeryx - First Knight of Kohlingen
Lady Sui'Aerl Valis - Everyone's Favorite Artificer
Pebbles Oldfur - Bendir Dale's Minister of Hearth (And Boozemeister)
-------------------


 
      
Tarnus
 
PostPosted: Sat, Mar 04 2017, 13:57 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 28 Aug 2015

Rumors circulate between merchants and other traveling folk, of people disappearing among the roads. These people appear to be exclusively vagabonds and the like, people who often times met some dark fate on the not always peaceful isle of Amia often enough. Still, it does appear to be more then usual.

_________________
Playing as:
Aleana Xiloscient: Wherever the winds take her.
Jealesyl Truesong: A voice in the dark
DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire


 
      
Tarnus
 
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 27 2017, 3:37 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 28 Aug 2015

Cold winds blow over the lands this night. A snowstorm coming down in some regions suddenly, a harsh powerful thrust of winter for a last time of this year. However, this is not all. For a moment, various nature magic spells seem to fizzle or react a lot more violently then they should. Animals are unrestful and remain so until early morning hours.

(Players of druids, rangers, clerics of nature deities, feytouched and fey PC can drop me a PM to learn more, please include what your PC in question is)

_________________
Playing as:
Aleana Xiloscient: Wherever the winds take her.
Jealesyl Truesong: A voice in the dark
DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Tue, Apr 04 2017, 8:55 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

A rather absurd rumor is spreading among the merchants, cart drivers, roadwardens and the locals.

Bendir Dale has been attacked by a Gnome by the name of Givumpom who is rumored to be a famous seducer and whistler. The rumors are indicating that the gnome in question used a gargantuan amount of white pudding? Oh my! Rumors are also indicating that he managed to lure some of the female population while the angry male population was distracted by eating the pudding in question! There he got distracted by other locals and adventurers, other bards who tried to counter his influence and a Lord Gnome blew himself up.

Eventually he escaped to the forest where he sent puddings after the chasing adventurers. Other stories also implied that Givumpom kidnapped the Mayor of Bendir Dale in the process to make her part of his harem or to make her his queen. Regardless, it appears that Givumpom the gnome seducer and whistler eventually met with his much deserved fate!

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 06 2017, 3:45 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

Rumors spread around travelers, merchant and cart drivers that the ogre caverns in the Minmir bridge area is oddly silent. After a certain amount of time, the Amian Cart service becomes curious and notifies the Roadwarden Society to check it. At the same time, the Kohlinger Silver Dragons also take a look from the northern entrance. They both come to the conclusion that the ogres are gone and the caves are empty. Aside from two or three ogre bodies in the caves, nobody has seen or heard anything about the rest. They are just gone!

Amia...an island full of mysteries!

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 20 2017, 3:11 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

The sound of alarm can be heard in Bendir Dale along with other music...or was it music? It was terrifying! Then another music emerged...or was it music? It is hard to tell...it was noise for sure. Trolls went crazy and chose death instead of listening.

Rumors are spreading around in Bendir Dale that Gruck, the Mountain Giant Bard gave a visit...again!

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Tue, May 16 2017, 0:05 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

After the long and unusually harsh winter the cart drivers had the chance to experience the roads that are free of snow. Since the destruction of Uhm the trade routes of the Amia forest became the most used ones between Wharftown and the Northern cities and ports. Since the horde of One-Eyed and the attack on Wharftown, the mylock/myart problems, the cart service also found that the trade routes between Bendir Dale and Wharftown should also go through the Amia forest even if it is considered a slight detour.

Trade indeed went on flawlessly and the Amia Cart Service and the Roadwarden Society made significant efforts to maintain the trade routes, without angering the local Druid Grove and harming the balance. However, in the past few days the Amia Cart Service and the Roadwarden Society started reporting feral beasts attacking them. Although reports indicated that the initial attacks were fended off by the caravan guards, one famously drunkard cart driver by the name of Harold was reported having been delayed more than usually.

Due to the delay and the previous attacks the main company, the Amian Crafter's & Trader's Federation has decided to employ the Wave and Serpent Adventurer's guild to investigate the matter. With the arrangements being made by charming Theresa Mason and with the leadership of the giant-kin Artemas a trade caravan, guarded by temporarily employed adventurers, indeed departed from Cordor destined towards Bendir Dale and from there to Wharftown. Rumors are indicated that they found Harold, the drunk cart driver along with his caravan guard. They are both suffered a painful death it seems, while the caravan itself was also attacked by savage-looking individuals and beasts. Some say that the attackers were lycans!

The rumors have seemingly triggered some panic among the cart drivers who are flooding Cordor office of the ACTF and demanding the leadership to abolish the hiring freeze on the Roadwardens. While the already employed Roadwardens are demanding a raise and additional benefits. Although the confusion is usually bad for a merchant organization the ACTF is no typical one. Some of the ACTF partners, like the insurance salesman Sellit Nibbler is taking advantage of the situation and starts selling insurance, producing additional revenue.

In the meantime, the ACTF's rival, the Cordorian Merchant Guild, which has a bad reputation due it's questionable ties during the Arcanum war is now trying to take advantage of the situation to regain their lost revenue. Having been specialized in long distance shipping they are trying to use the now one-year-old trade treaty between Cordor and Kohlingen and trying to use the reduced tolls to reach the market of the Sword Coast again. But when it comes to sea trade, a foreign merchant company is also knocking on the doors of Amia with GOLDEN OPPORTUNITIES.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
PassionateShadow
 
PostPosted: Wed, May 31 2017, 20:01 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Jun 2014

After the tragic and dramatic death of Songbird, a beloved bard who had his simple start from Water deep, rumors begin to rise up and speculation swirls in the coming weeks over the Assassin known as Death from Above.

It is rumored that his body was claimed by the Cordorian Law Knights.

Else where Songbird's body was rumored to have been placed upon a ship and sent back to Waterdeep.

Among the bardic community there was a divide of rumors between speculation of the Prince of Poetry being the real culprit or the once slighted Sembian Noble having been behind it all.

None the less those few talents that came to strut their stuff this day take a back seat to the circulating rumors, the only positive praise being that their performances had finished; though a particular bard of the isle is said to have earned the crown of the battle of the bards contest, a macabre sort of theater mask in all it's rights, being that of an exquisite make and beyond a price of mere value due to this particular event.


Nearing the end of this month a new rumor starts to circulate about Raven's corpse going 'missing'. Some folks speculating that a corrupt Law Knight sold it off to one of the less reputable members of the isle's community, other rumors bolder still saying the body got up and walked away, killing any who get in his path if only to seek out and met out vengeance against those who caused this 'minor' dilemma of his job, further speculations still yet wilder and more absurd grow further, to theft of the corpse.

_________________
❤ Amia is Fun Again! ❤
#GreenisNotACreativeColour

Image
"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."


 
      
Tarnus
 
PostPosted: Fri, Jun 02 2017, 1:24 AM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 28 Aug 2015

Behind the small wood north of Cordor, the grizzly scene of a battle can be seen. A group of dead, well equipped kobolds surround the charred remains of a cart that seems to have been carrying a number of burnable objects. After a while, word gets around that a pair of adventurers were responsible to kill said kobolds, who had raided the cart just a bit earlier.

// For the next 1.5 hours (until reset comes) this scene can be inspected ingame, as a little experiment I'm starting.

_________________
Playing as:
Aleana Xiloscient: Wherever the winds take her.
Jealesyl Truesong: A voice in the dark
DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Wed, Jun 07 2017, 4:29 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

The usually popular arena games today took a bit of a turn in West Cordor. An army of housewives appeared to get their husbands the moment they heard of the grease fights. However, they met with some resistant and rumor has it that a woman in black and burgundy colors caused a fight! However, she ran from the angry housewives of West Cordor who managed to beat her up! The husbands used the conflict to escape from the arena to their homes! In the meantime there is a confusion around the name "Sullivan" now. Some associate the name to a hin female with pink hair and clothing. Rumor has it that Old Bertha, the heavy handed housewife slapped this pink Sullivan!

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
That Guy
 
PostPosted: Sun, Jun 11 2017, 21:56 PM 



Player

Joined: 13 Nov 2014

A rumor begins to spread that Paladins dressed in black and burgandy abducted a person from Kampo's storehouse, after all, no one was hurt....


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Mon, Jun 12 2017, 8:34 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

relaying the IG shout more or less:

Panic in and outside of Kampo's storehouse! Merchants, who generally considered them in safety within the halls of the storehouse are starting to leave the place after a group, with at least one operative wearing Tarkuulian colors, abducted a man from the middle of the storehouse's lounge.
The Storehouse has been already suffering from a decreasing capital in trust from the neighboring cities and this incident might as well further it. While the mercantile population do not seem to be placing a blame over the enigmatic half-orc business owner, seeing that similar incidents made his burned the storehouse down in the past. Despite the empathy, during these trying times the temporary safety that trade stations can provide is a paramount factor for the merchant class all over the island and questions are now being raised if Kampo can actually provide such.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Guardian
 
PostPosted: Wed, Jun 14 2017, 8:35 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Location: The Sky Above The Rain.

It is said that a man settled down in Nilfwood. Mostly he keeps to himself, hunts and fish on regular basis, occasionally is seen picking various herbs and seeds or setting traps for rabbits and wild birds.

Where he comes from and why he settled down in the middle of Nilfwood forest is yet unknown.

_________________
Mercadier
Alex
Eddie
=========
Obsidian (inactive)


 
      
Tarnus
 
PostPosted: Thu, Jun 15 2017, 21:00 PM 

User avatar

DM

Joined: 28 Aug 2015

Rumor has it that more then the usual share of prospective adventurers has been disappearing on the isle of Amia. It is not quite clear who the perpetrators are, but it appears that they are well organized and strike fast.

_________________
Playing as:
Aleana Xiloscient: Wherever the winds take her.
Jealesyl Truesong: A voice in the dark
DM Prometheus: Bringing you fire


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group