View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
SamTheGiantSlayer
 
PostPosted: Wed, Mar 09 2016, 10:04 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 31 Mar 2014

[[ GST - Estara - Journeys Into The Abyss ]]

It was a cloudy day above Kohlingen. There were birds chirping, no murders of nobility (or attempted ones) and everything seemed breezing by. Work was getting done in the fields and people seemed to be out and about, despite the harrowing times. Anyone who was gazing up may notice a brightening behind the clouds, but it didn't seem anything especially worrisome at first. Sailors glanced up and dismissed it as wind patterns, or something fancy to do with their Sea Knowledge. People by the lake thought it was just some direct shafts cutting through briefly and glimmering off the water.

By the Keep, perhaps, it seemed the most confusing. There was nothing nearby to really explain the strange growing brightness of it, but there was clearly something happening.

Suddenly, what seemed to be a burst of light either behind the clouds or coming from them was visibly conical in its parameters- shining right into Kohlingen. A shadow passed with it, of a flying figure and it seemed to head right to that Dragonstone Keep itself.

What it could mean wasn't clear, but for those who were frequenting Kohlingen, they heard whispers of a celestial come to visit their holy city with a holy mission from Above.

The day seemed normal once more. But perhaps things had changed, for some.

// A topic for those involved in this GST, or those wishing to be part.

_________________
Image

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!


 
      
Silver_Arrow
 
PostPosted: Thu, Mar 10 2016, 15:05 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 06 Nov 2011
Location: Where the wind blows upon the Sea

~Noah began to notice their was a change in the sky. Not sure what this could be he spoke to the knight escorting him into the keep quickly. Was it simply something he thought he saw? Could it have been more? He was not so sure, the knight seemed calm and so he brushed it off as nothing of importance. After taking some time to look at the stonework inside the keep, he found himself in a rather odd state.~

~When exiting the building and saying his goodbyes, or so he thought it was he stumbled out the front gate. To his utter shock before him was a pretty good size group of knight like figures, some kobolds and one person who made his mouth drop. What exactly was it? A question he asked himself and soon would come to be answered. The celestial spoke to the group and it was after that were things only got more interesting. So once more, he found himself curious as to the nature of this and followed the others once more up into the huge keep of Kohlingen.~

_________________
Image


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 0:32 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

Hector studied the eyes for a while then handed them out to Dante, Tuomas and Sui'Aerl. After he receiving some answer he frowns.
"He was wrong...but why would he give up so fast?"

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
AngelicReaper
 
PostPosted: Fri, Mar 11 2016, 6:57 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 09 Nov 2008
Location: I dont even know anymore...

*After Dante performed the scry, it left him in a large amount of rage. After blowing up, he vanishes into his home for most of the day.*

_________________
Image

Braller Thunderbeard: The Dwarven mini-Jesus with a porn star name. Blasphemous.
Dante: "He is likely to heal you as he is likely to smite you."


 
      
TheLastDragonRider
 
PostPosted: Sat, Mar 12 2016, 14:11 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Location: Somewhere... anywhere.. not here...maybe there... (GMT -8)

Mulling over the events, the large Aasimar stood at his post the next day, a faintly amused smirk on his face as he realized that the Celestial had instructed both him and Dante to learn to control their blood, but he himself had run ahead in his eagerness to slaughter the fiends of the Abyss. The large warrior simply shook his head, then paused as he thought of the one demon that had asked for mercy, only to use his last few minutes to bait him and Hector.... Khay shook his head at the hesitation. But he felt no remorse over the slaughter of the fiend, both he and Hector had immediately put it to the sword once they realized it had been stalling....... only question Khay had was.... why? What could it hope to gain?

_________________
Sir Khayri Aphaeleon ~ Avenger of Hoar, Knight of Kohlingen
Image
Sapphira Jalucian ~ Blue Dragonkin, Student of the Ninefold
Kyriana Silverblood ~ Repentant Granddaughter, Silverkin with a Heart of Mercy


 
      
Grymia
 
PostPosted: Tue, Mar 15 2016, 20:50 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Location: Kohlingen, and a Basement in Canada

*Tuomas could be seen researching various libraries and religious institutions in Kohlingen, seeming to focus on a specific Celestial Name and what connections he could find to it in lore*


 
      
Estara
 
PostPosted: Thu, Mar 17 2016, 20:23 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 24 Feb 2007

While some may have heard from the Heavens again, there were no obvious signs of any beings returning in any physical form like the Celestial. Perhaps they had gotten caught up in some more important business, perhaps it was that they had not been Called, perhaps their idea of Time was different? Or perhaps there was more the adventurers could still do?

But the Heavens were quiet. Perhaps they grieved.



// Thanks for your patience and continued interest. GST planning takes a little more work because of the needs of more of The Team to be involved/around/not confused, so please bear with us as it bumps along. I promise none of you are forgotten. If someone or their character wants to take the initiative of gathering OOC information on the typical schedules of those involved, good times for events, etc.- please go ahead! I will hop on that train, but I am no good at doing all that myself. See you all soon. :twisted:

_________________
'Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Thu, Mar 17 2016, 20:51 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

//Evenings around seven est for me

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 20 2016, 23:08 PM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

// Is it possible to do this before Thursday?

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Estara
 
PostPosted: Tue, Mar 22 2016, 21:37 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 24 Feb 2007

The Gods seemed to answer Hector's unspoken prayers. A voice came to three leaders, three persons of note who had been Chosen by the People. How the voice got there was easy- magic. It seemed effortless for the being whose voice they would now recognize: Evondriel.

I return tomorrow. Grieving has been Honored, and Vengeance will once more be ours. Alert your People.

Cor'Xak. Tuomas. Hector.

If any of these three chose not to inform some of their People, any of those who had joined on the first Journey Into the Abyss... a simple message would be left where they might easily be found by these persons. As if someone or something had stalked them, and tacked a note just for them on a door or a tree, or let it fall from a branch above them... bearing the same message that rang in the three's head. Those sharp of eye may have witnessed the flash of a white tail.

// Tomorrow around 7pm EST.

_________________
'Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein


 
      
Grymia
 
PostPosted: Tue, Mar 22 2016, 21:41 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Location: Kohlingen, and a Basement in Canada

*Tuomas would head around to spread word of the message*


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Wed, Mar 23 2016, 9:20 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

// im down. but i wont be home till 7pm est and need to be up for the early shift the next day. so hoping this isn't a 9 hour affair; i need to be asleep.

// also i don't really mind but i need more of a heads up then like 24 hours. usually im ok but you picked the one day in a long time where the 7 pm isn't easy for me.

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
Estara
 
PostPosted: Thu, Mar 24 2016, 1:20 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 24 Feb 2007

// Apologies, Commie. Also, due to the current state of the server (with crashes and such recurring), I am online but waiting until it stabilizes to start any sort of event. If people must go or not be around, that is Totally Alright. :) There is no pressure, no worries, and no one will be purposefully blocked or left out because of OOC issues that we cannot control. Just help me remember where you're at and what you need and such as we continue along, if it gets chaotic! Lastly, no event is ever meant to be 9 hours long. If that ever happens, please smack me or tell me you have a life. I will understand.

Thanks, my friends. <3

_________________
'Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 27 2016, 18:11 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

// plz update for when the reschedule is happening. other people are scheduling stuff for monday evening.

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
Estara
 
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 28 2016, 1:34 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 24 Feb 2007

Estara wrote:
The Gods seemed to answer Hector's unspoken prayers. A voice came to three leaders, three persons of note who had been Chosen by the People. How the voice got there was easy- magic. It seemed effortless for the being whose voice they would now recognize: Evondriel.

I return tomorrow. Grieving has been Honored, and Vengeance will once more be ours. Alert your People.

Cor'Xak. Tuomas. Hector.

If any of these three chose not to inform some of their People, any of those who had joined on the first Journey Into the Abyss... a simple message would be left where they might easily be found by these persons. As if someone or something had stalked them, and tacked a note just for them on a door or a tree, or let it fall from a branch above them... bearing the same message that rang in the three's head. Those sharp of eye may have witnessed the flash of a white tail.

// Tomorrow around 7pm EST.


It's all coming back to me now.

It would've happened in much the same way as before. Voices and notes delivered to the appropriate persons. To explain the rescheduling IC, just understand that Evondriel or the white-tailed deliverer would've dropped an IC note like I did OOCly here about it. That was not possible at the time, due to the game and even forums going completely down shortly after Letum's topic. There are no rules against scheduling things at the same time, though. On that note, people can do as they wish! Thanks for the bump, Commie.

_________________
'Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 28 2016, 1:43 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

// ill be there

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
Grymia
 
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 28 2016, 19:49 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Location: Kohlingen, and a Basement in Canada

Scribe Anne on behalf of Tuomas would make her way around Kohlingen ensuring that those who were prior at the mission would be aware of the call for action.


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Tue, Mar 29 2016, 5:03 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

// an angry letter finds its way to the various participants in today's debacle.

So what exactly was the problem? Short on allies? Then bring some, you're the part of the Kohlingen forces. Lack of intelligence? Do some scrying. You're the mage with mystra on his cloak and access to physical items to aid in that. "Permission" to gate? So get it or get around it. Apparently we can't gate anyway without permission.

We had weeks, literal weeks to set this up. We knew where we were going, and how to get there. We had allies with us, spells prepared, weapons sharpened, and instead we got to listen to you explain who was getting what, items wise, before you announce you aren't ready to go because you had 'things to do' so couldn't prepare ahead of time, or just didn't like the plan because it was dangerous. No shit, it's the abyss and you stepped up to volunteer.

Hector had a plan, it was a good plan, 2/3 of us were on board. We were ready to go. And then.... then we all left having accomplished literally nothing. I'm as disgusted as our winged friend was.

You say you were too busy to properly prepare for this battle? Or had too much else to do? Couldn't scry enough? Scared of the abyss, the place you signed on knowing full well we were going to? We had two prepared commanders in agreement and ready for a gate to be opened, and you, who was just to 'busy' to be prepared. If you are unprepared or unwilling to actually do the work required of you, step down as commander and let someone else step in that's going to do it. Someone who is actually willing or able to do the work.

In the mean time prepare the spells I told you to prepare. If you need your memory refreshed it's haste, mass haste, and improved invisibility; all extended.

-Cor'Xak.

P. S. Next time I ask you to prepare a spell, actually do it. Don't grunt at me and insist your 'usual array' is better. I've seen you fight and it's not.

P. P. S. I had a residency application meeting today. I had to skip it to attend this. They voted no because I wasn't there to speak for myself, and instead I was listening to a Gnome be unsure about himself and tell me he was too busy to plan properly.

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
Grymia
 
PostPosted: Tue, Mar 29 2016, 6:47 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Location: Kohlingen, and a Basement in Canada

A copy of the letter, sent by Cor'xak was recieved by Tuomas' scribe whom promptly brought it into the Keep. She regarded the contents with narrowed eyes and stiffly made note to the Keep's officials and the other members of the Order.


 
      
Grymia
 
PostPosted: Wed, Mar 30 2016, 20:04 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Location: Kohlingen, and a Basement in Canada

A message is sent out in reply to Cor'xak.

Let me reply to a few points in your missive:

* Firstly, you are right. I was not nearly prepared as I could have been, simply because I had wished to look more into Evondriel, given the fact we barely had any dialogue before we went crusading into the Abyss. A crusade which, I might add was only feasible given that Paush , the current ruler of Zanshibon does see Adventurers as a handy tool to fight other Abyssals to keep his power. I will not beleaguer this letter with further details on Zanshibon as they are irrelevant.

* Another reason I was ill prepared, and fatigued I might note: Was that I had just that day finished a multi-day divination on an item tied to the matter of the Myarts and the kidnapping of Kohlingenian, Bendir Dalr, and Cordorian children. The children themselves had been ultimately rescued, which had taken up part of my time, and the divination had also been a matter of days with limited capacity to do anything else, save basic nescessities like eating, sleeping, and breathing.

* Regarding your demand (and I will note, Demand) that I memorize a different series of spells than what I usually use: I have survived a long time as a Magician because I maintain spells that I know I can use to utmost effect. If I know in advance I am going into a dangerous situation , I do tend to shift them about accordingly, but always maintain a small number of analytical, communicative, and divinitive spells as well as utility spells. A shortcoming of mine I acknowledge is I do not have near the experience as an augmentation focused magician, but that has not in the past been an issue as in any major engagement I have been in, other Magicians or those capable of augmenting do so. The experiences I have survived include a Naval battle where the ratio between Kohlingenian and allied ships versus the enemy was thirty to one, also the Battle against Reyes himself amongst other battles innumerable in measure, both against conventional and supernatural opponents. To shorten this point, the spells I choose tend to be towards an array which best offers flexibility and capacity of action , thus I would not have that changed simply to suit your demands.

* Regarding your demand I send you via Gate to Androlynne on your own. I do not willingly enable suicide of any sentient being, and that is in effect what I would have been doing. Per earlier, if the patron (or matron in this case) decided against allowing you in, simply being stopped would've been the least of possibilities. They could have simply shunted you to a room that serves as a cell, where their Demons could warp in via Teleportation , engage and warp out or otherwise simply use the control over her own dominion to cause any number of harmful scenarios to occur. Or, she could've done the more dangerous thing: Subdued you and sought out why.. which would've made any future incursions all the more difficult.

I will acknowledge I wasn't at my best form, but have begun research into Androlynne now and alongside others seek contacts that might help us secure an entry into the area that won't result in us becoming summarily destroyed.

I will not tolerate further abuse or demands upon me unless they are an in-heat of the moment emergency.

Lord Tuomas Valo


 
      
Sharl
 
PostPosted: Mon, Apr 04 2016, 22:24 PM 



Player

Joined: 02 Mar 2016

Three copies of the following letter was sent out - Two were handed to Scribe Anne Meridian to be delivered to Lords Hector and Tuomas, while the other was left at the Grove for Cor'Xak

Greetings,

I write this missive to share the unfortunate news that I will be quite preoccupied with another problem for the next few days - A group of adventurers seek to destroy the sphere of "Quintessence" that hovers above Cordor. A noble task, but one wrought with risks. As one of the wizards who have been planning it's safe removal for some time now I'll be devoting much of my energy to the fabrication of containers to safely hold the "Quintessence" until it can be safely removed via use of the "Cerulean Sign". I do, however, believe we have options of moving forward on our current issue.

While my search for the name of an Eladrin to summon was fruitless (Aside from one 'Dayreth', who was considered unreliable by the one who told me of them) I was able to gather a good amount of information on them, as well as prepare a binding scroll great enough to summon one. I believe we have two options on moving forward, and they are:

1. A blind summoning of an Eladrin. This would just be making initial contact with them for further negotiations with a more 'offical' power. This is not exactly the most ideal method as I have stressed earlier, but we should be able to make a case to the one we summon to help by either appealing to their sense of decency and/or some prestige in their intrigue ridden court (As I've come to understand it anyway).

2. We seek help from Winya. This is something I couldn't do anyway, considering I'm pressing charges against one of their Citizens, Selgoron, for assaulting and leaving me dead for some time. It's quite possible that the priests of Winya have better connections to the Eladrin then any of us, although considering the slow nature of Winya politics, such a request may take some time to process.

Either way, we when it comes time to deal with them, Kurchin is our primary method of communication - He's the most 'compatible' with the Eladrin out of all of us and, if I might say, an excellent speaker. The Grove has been ruled out as a potential place to hold our meeting, our current alternatives are the Triumvir and the Temple of Love in Cordor - Although I'm still open to hear alternatives on the matter. Also, either location would require our permission to use.

I'll do my best to to continue my assistance in this matter of the next few days despite the urgency of the "Quintessence" problem. Please feel free to contact me via Sending or any other method should you need me.

- Itmen Vethi


Edit: Changed some wording on the first paragraph, my bad!


 
      
Estara
 
PostPosted: Tue, May 10 2016, 16:58 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 24 Feb 2007

// I'm back!

It can be assumed that you have not heard from the Heavens, seeing as you haven't, and I've been gone. Maybe something happened!

Are those involved ready to get back in and finish this? Post here some availability and times and whatnot if you have plans that have been suspended by my absence, and you are still interested in seeing them out to completion. If not, it will finish itself in its own way. Cue dramatic music. ;)

_________________
'Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein


 
      
PassionateShadow
 
PostPosted: Tue, May 10 2016, 17:09 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 07 Jun 2014

fri sat and sun any time est

_________________
❤ Amia is Fun Again! ❤
#GreenisNotACreativeColour

Image
"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Tue, May 10 2016, 21:01 PM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

// Everything works before the weekend.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Estara
 
PostPosted: Tue, May 10 2016, 21:44 PM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 24 Feb 2007

// Are you saying this weekend or weekends in general, Lutra?

_________________
'Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein


 
      
Sharl
 
PostPosted: Tue, May 10 2016, 23:46 PM 



Player

Joined: 02 Mar 2016

// Between starting my new job (Yaaay shift work!) and moving this weekend, I'm kinda going to be unavailable for a bit - Itmen's kinda a small player in all this though, so I'll make it if I can and not worry about it if I can't.


 
      
Lutra
 
PostPosted: Wed, May 11 2016, 4:47 AM 



DM

Joined: 13 Feb 2008

// I would say weekends in general. I am also moving to another city next week so that is going to be hard for me as well.

_________________
Lord Hector Sylgerand Image
Glendil Fettian, the black bard Image


 
      
Estara
 
PostPosted: Thu, May 12 2016, 0:05 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 24 Feb 2007

// seeing as those who have answered with a wish to schedule their plans are not lining up, it will continue as it does through this week until next week when we might be able to solidify something (hopefully once you're moved in, lutra).. I also have a funeral tomorrow so I won't be able to do anything before you're all busy.

There may be a few somethings sparking back up but I will not punish anyone's plans for my having been so absent! That can be counted on.

Stay tuned folks--

_________________
'Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Sat, May 14 2016, 7:39 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

// any day but wednesdays, but only after 7 est. though it might get bumped to 730 earliest start due to some shit goin on at wrk

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
Commie
 
PostPosted: Sat, May 28 2016, 6:05 AM 

User avatar

Player

Joined: 02 Dec 2015

// status update?

_________________
ANT ALARM

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.


 
      
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group