View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ] 
Nekhy

PostPosted: Thu, May 18 2006, 20:36 PM 

Player

*** Posted around Kohl and Cordor ***

Brogendenstein's forces were taken down by a group of priestesses, mages and fighters, possibly of dark elven race. Investigation has been started, and we ask for your help. Prince Khazzad apparently managed to escape, but his fate is not absolutely certain.

Ffard Dotin of Brogendenstein

// *Fixed spelling of the name...* :P

Last edited by Nekhy on Thu, May 18 2006, 21:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Jan

PostPosted: Thu, May 18 2006, 20:42 PM 

Player

As Raziel returns from his late dinner in Mayfield's together with his faerie friend Fynn, he stops by the new note that hadn't been there when he passed by earlier on the afternoon. He reads it through slowly, and lets out a deep sigh. Then he makes a small note on a parchment, and continues on his way to the Hall of Defenders.

"..talk to Brognar about retaking the Spires again.. as soon as possible.."

Budly

PostPosted: Thu, May 18 2006, 20:53 PM 

Player

Budly some how manages to see the sign

*Hell, even more dark elven racism will come out of this...and Brogeden...stein? where the heck is that?*

Budly : Has gone to a better place.
Barrililath : Shadowy Drow, probably less Drow than Sylv ever be.

9lz

PostPosted: Thu, May 18 2006, 21:12 PM 

Player

Brognar hears of this, and rushes to Brogendenstein's aid.

"Soon we shall be back where we truly belong!"

//*corrects Ffard's spelling of -Brogendenstein- too? :P

Arcee

PostPosted: Thu, May 18 2006, 21:23 PM 

Player

Linash steps off the boat at Brogedenstein, the air has the smell of ash and blood, she walked near the government building to find many corpses, of the guards, adventures, and other innocent bystandards. Then suddenly, everything went dark

When she awoke, she found the other patching each other up. Then a dwarf spoke up, "Were 'd they go, the dark elves? The government building is on fire! the prince was in there!" To this, the Lizardman Kaster and the Elven paladin charged into the building, looking for the prince. Linash slowly stood to her feet, and noticed the blood all over the ground. She smiled to herself and muttered "Samples". She began collecting blood from all the various pools, dwarven, elven, tiefling, half-dragon, and even a bit of drow blood. As she was collecting these samples, one of them spoke up, "What are ya doin?". She didn't bother to answer and continued with her work. After she had taken samples from all the pools, the search party was gathering.

Led by paladin's and goodie-two-shoes. They asked Linash to join them, to this she replied " Sorry, I have far too much work to do." She smirked to herself and packed up the samples. As she walked away, all she heard was "Bloody Wizards...."

Happy with herself, Linash returned to her study, to continue her research...

Download my Portrait

http://arceespot.tripod.com/amiarceelinash.rar

marcklp

PostPosted: Thu, May 18 2006, 22:23 PM 

Player

He wasn't able to hold.

This was all that Orlok could think of as he smashed head after head of the Fire Giant Tribe warriors, taking off at them the frustation of having been defeated by the drow in the epic sttruggle. He had trained all his life, he had devoted himself to his blade, and when their peers needed him the most, he wasn't good enough.

To this, there was nothing he could do. His home was now ruined, the price disapeared and the dwarven pride, shattered. He kept hitting the giants, untill even these would run away from him.

Covered in blood, he returned with his head sunk into his shoulder to Brogendestein, to aid in the proccess of the reconstruction.

Straz Finster

PostPosted: Thu, May 18 2006, 22:42 PM 

Player

Darvon Dillhammer returns to Brogendenstein and moans aloud at the devastation before him. Once again he had been away when those he swore to protect needed him most. Once again he had failed his god.

He gathers himself as quickly as he is able and rushes to tend to the fallen and the wounded. As he goes from wounded soldier to wounded soldier, healing each in turn, he pieces together a story of dark elves and brutal tactics. His anger grows as he tends to the wounded, his face becoming more grim as he goes. When all are tended to he searches for the town leaders, only to find them gone. Were they captured by the foul drow? The anger inside him begins to swell until he almost can't control it, then he remembers his training at the Ruhn Monastery. To let your anger control you is to admit defeat, and that is something he could not do in a time such as this.

With much effort he regains his composure and goes to assess the damage and begin the plans for reconstruction.

'Nuff said.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Fri, May 19 2006, 0:50 AM 

Player

*Nathan was seen shadowdancing in and out during the combat, ensuring the safety of his wife and children as they made their way out of Brogendenstein, and taking out Drow with the aid of his wife, Aluaniira, where he could. After his family was safe, he turned and left, tossing a firebomb into a group of Drow on the way out*

Uberuce

PostPosted: Fri, May 19 2006, 1:03 AM 

Player

Pointy-eared, white-haired, smart-arsed scrawny little grey *BASTARDS!*

Give me Brognar, Orlok and a great big pile of sharp things! I'll take Le'Gil Jud and Larra while I'm at it!

No-one meddles with my wee fat fellas...

Jackara's probably right about Ultrinnan's defences, but I'll take a crack at ti anyway!

BlackDahlya

PostPosted: Fri, May 19 2006, 1:47 AM 

Player

Location: Land of the Scorching Sun, Empowered by Global Warming

Valkirya receives the news from a mage that had been battling beside the people of Brogendenstein. Her eyes go wide and she turns her head to watch her daughter's classes.

"My Lovely Dancer... Will there be a future for my daughter?" For a moment, she almost regret having a child. For a few seconds, she revives all the thoughts she had when she knew she was pregnant; for minutes, tears roll down her face, silently, not only because her daughter is half-drow, but also because of the many lives lost.

"Mom, are you hurt again?" May'Une asks her.

Wipping her remaining tears, Valkirya looks down at her child, forcing herself to smile.

"I am, sweetie. But the pain will be gone soon. I'm sorry, but I have to leave now. Please, be a good girl and keep absorbing as much as you can from your classes."

"You'll be gone again, mom?" May'Une asks her, almost crying. Valkirya is about to reply, but stops when May'Une makes another question. "Will your knight in shining armor help you?"

Valkirya smiles at her child again, this time a sincere smile.

"Yes, he'll be with me. And the Dark Maiden too." She kisses her daughter's forehead and leaves the tower, going to Kohlingen.

She knew what Raziel would do, and she wouldn't let him do alone.

Once Upon A Time Played
Adr'ael Ken'rahel, Auron Teken’ath, Aurora Mesodias, 'Daniel' Daoskinaxarijikkym, Eilin'ira, Helena Rios, Layla Faircurrent, May'Une Do'Ndar, Mellinda Tellus, Michael of Cliffside, Rizzen of Twilight, Valkirya d'Claddath

Pony

PostPosted: Fri, May 19 2006, 5:28 AM 

Player

---

Last edited by Pony on Tue, Nov 05 2019, 11:24 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Irish Fluff

PostPosted: Fri, May 19 2006, 9:29 AM 

Player

From the distance of the hills the rothe watches. The blood curdling screams of the dieing echo across the valley. The clash of steel on steel and the roar of flames bring back memories of Bendirs downfall. Yet this is not his house that attacks, he concentrates harder on the drow that dance between the shadows or scream bloody terror in the night. That Marking! That Insignia! A familiar sign to his eyes, the sign of his former house… Arabett. It seems as though Arabett still has fire of the soul, as if a flaming phoenix has arisen from the ashes of its former self. He continues to watch from afar long after the raid has ended. Watching the town burn, the crying of widowed wives, orphaned children and dieing men. Watching the grim faces of those who come to aid the town, their tears, their tantrums, and their complete and utter despair.

Long into the night he watches the aftermath, where once a grand building stood now a crooked black wooden cindered ruin still smoking takes its place. Whimpering, sobbing and shouts of anger now the songs that have replaced the deafening calls of the tides of battle. Snow falls covering the red red pools of blood, the dead still and stiff, shattered shields and the battle tracks all in a blanket of white peaceful eternity.

Infernal_Pain

PostPosted: Fri, May 19 2006, 11:23 AM 

Player

*Baldix doesn't take too much stress out of this. He scratches his arse and grumbles into his beard, but will more likely shoot the next drow than say hello*

Oarthias

PostPosted: Fri, May 19 2006, 11:40 AM 

Player

Alitha steps off the boat to Brog and frowns. She was there to look for and destroy any Horde recruiting camps she could find. Asking around she finds out from the ones cleaning up that this was done by the house of Arabett... the same house that had attacked Bendir Dale. A low growl escapes her, she turns on her heels and heads back to the Grove to go and find Mariha and bring her back here. Perhaps then she will let it finaly sink into her head that this is why many in the Grove hate and fear drow... this is what what drow do.. the Eillistraee are the rare exception... and quite honestly even they strugled once and a while with their true nature deep inside them. This type of devestation is what many have grown up knowing and seeing. Too many have forgotten... too many trusted much too quickly.

Alitha steps back into the Grove, her usual smile gone from her face, "Mariaha, I need you to come with me. There is a leason I feel you need to learn, something you need to understand."

BrainSplitter

PostPosted: Fri, May 19 2006, 11:45 AM 

Player

Earylduil is seen afterwards helping repair the damage to the best of his ability, assisted with his more powerful forms, he decides it best to take care of most of the more strength-based tasks.

Eoweniel

PostPosted: Fri, May 19 2006, 11:57 AM 

Player

Nimien, who stood on duty in Cordor, wearing her uniform with pride, over-heard someone of the locals mention that Brogdenstein was attacked. She grinned slightly... Little did she care for the well-fare of Brogdenstein nor the recent abduction of prince Khazad. However, what DID concern her were the drow. She had heard how "dark-skinned elves" were mentioned. "It cannot be anyone else than our fallen brethren and sisters." she thought to herself. "The decades spent in the darkness has corrupted them way too much, it seems..."
A smirk covered her dark-red lips now, and her fingers slowly trailed down the handle of her hammer. With confident, stern steps she walked off towards the gates...

Nekhy

PostPosted: Sun, May 21 2006, 18:15 PM 

Player

*** Posted in Cordor, signed by the Duck(Duke, for those who missed the... joke) ***

Cordor is aiding Brogendenstein in its moment of need after the attack, the offenders being recognised as drow. Main suspect currently being 'House' Arabett. Leader Matron Arabett is to be arrested on sight.

Eoweniel

PostPosted: Sun, May 21 2006, 18:50 PM 

Player

Nimien had in fact seen matron Arabett on surface herself, when they "took care of business", but was uncertain of what to do, as there were no notes posted 'til AFTER Aluzira had disappeared. She had remembered the woman's traits during her little descent to the Underdark, but could do nothing at the moment. At first, she searched for the captain to have a word with him, but he was nowhere to be seen.

---

Later, after stumbling upon one of the notes, Nimien clenched her fist angrily and cursed. She was so close, and could have jailed the Matron, recieving alot of respect and perhaps even a reward in return.
Though, she recalled something, which to her own surprise made her chuckle loudly. Now she knew what she was to do...

Sunkin Sheep

PostPosted: Sun, May 21 2006, 18:57 PM 

Player

*Mynna catchs eye of the notice in Cordor and immidiatly begins sharpening her axeblade*

Revenge is the sweetest of necters...

Laika-Unknown

Nekhy

PostPosted: Sun, May 21 2006, 20:13 PM 

Player

// As a little sidenote, I'm kinda hoping some real conflict between the drow and surface. Not reckless PKing randomly, but bigger events taking place over a longer time, and drow causing terror. As they should.

Jan

PostPosted: Sun, May 21 2006, 20:19 PM 

Player

After a long discussion in the Hall of Defenders about the rising threat of the drow raiding the surface, Raziel and the Eilistraeen drow Shri'baste agreed on that he and the Defenders would give their support against the Lolthites. Since the Shrine of Eilistraee is a possible target, and increased drow activity was reported by the druids in the nearby Amia forest, he also agreed on suggesting the Justicar to send a group of Kohlingen troopers there for a while.

The Justicar approved the idea and scrambled a group of twelve guards, and sent them to guard the Shrine of Eilistraee until the threat would have faded away again, or if their presence in Kohlingen would become of greater importance. They have set up a minor camp at the edge of the Shrine, standing guard there without interfering with, nor disturbing, the activities of the Eilistraeens dwelling there.

// Approved by Nekhbet, please do not ignore those NPCs if you want to raid the Shrine.

BlackDahlya

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 0:40 AM 

Player

After visiting her daughter at Mystra and spending some moments with her, Valkirya decided to go to the Shrine. She had many things to tell to Wiggan. Even discuss a plan to protect the ever growing brethren at House Claddath, given the rumours she heard about the Arabett being behind the attack to Brogendenstein.

She stops when she sees the amount of soldiers there. She's about to ask what's going on, when she recognizes the symbol of the Kohlingen Guards on their armor. Two or three of them nod at her, recognizing her from her patrols on Kohlingen. She was a Defender, too, after all.

"Thank you so much for that, Raziel..."

She smiles, waving at the guards and going to meet Wiggan, hoping she'll be there.

Once Upon A Time Played
Adr'ael Ken'rahel, Auron Teken’ath, Aurora Mesodias, 'Daniel' Daoskinaxarijikkym, Eilin'ira, Helena Rios, Layla Faircurrent, May'Une Do'Ndar, Mellinda Tellus, Michael of Cliffside, Rizzen of Twilight, Valkirya d'Claddath

jrick

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 1:14 AM 

Player

Oarthias wrote:
This type of devestation is what many have grown up knowing and seeing. Too many have forgotten... too many trusted much too quickly.

Alitha steps back into the Grove, her usual smile gone from her face, "Mariaha, I need you to come with me. There is a leason I feel you need to learn, something you need to understand."

[Some of the following is taken pretty much verbatim from one of my chatlogs, spoken shortly after the attack was announced. I've removed the context and the other player's comments and rearranged things for effect, but kept the wording largely intact for this post. Anything in square brackets has been edited in.]

[Mariha has openly and vocally discussed the events in Brogdenstein with others in the grove and in the square in Cordor, and makes no secret of her disgust at the actions of the Underdark drow. She doesn't hesitate to communicate her feelings to Alitha.]

[I'm not so stupid as to turn the other cheek to someone just because they're drow, especially when they hold a bloody blade. I maintain that people should be judged by their actions, and those who did this have shown that they're worthy of death for their cowardly and vile attack.]

A big problem with the drow is that most people don't see a difference between Lolthites and the Eilistraeeans.... especially when they only look as far as the surface of the skin. [T]his recent attack on Brogdenstein [...] really makes things touchy. [The incident will just make it more difficult to work peacefully with the surface drow, who by and large would utterly repudiate this attack.]

The Lolthites are fools if they don't think they're asking for trouble, having done this. I'd like to go and do in a few [...] myself because of this *ahem* well... you know what I mean... Unless they're hoping that the surface-dwellers take out their anger on the Eilistraeeans... which would solve a problem for them at very little cost...

Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it. Further, the lowest Rung ... is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't. - HBT; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1

Nekhy

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 9:42 AM 

Player

In Amia Forest, the path leading to Bendir Dale, a small pool of blood forms under a huge oak-tree. The blood trails along the tree, up to a higher branch... from which a 50-year old elven child hangs, his body tortured and a spider branded to his forehead.

The last thing the child sees is a forest protector, carefully taking him down and laying on the grassy forest floor, tears and hate in her eyes.

She covers the body with a cloak, and begins examining the area for clues. Elven-sized footsteps can be seen pressed to the grass, but the trail disappears.

Deep down in the Underdark, a drow priestess raises her sacrificial dagger to penetrate the chest of a human girl in one swift move. The clergy behind her is chanting their prayers to the Spider Queen, to Her glory. She is pleased, indeed, as the yochlol whispers to the yath'allar leading the ritual... Blood has been spilled to satisfy Her thrist, but She wants more.

In Brogendenstein, the search for Prince Khazzad has been the main focus. The buildings, that the drow burned down, have been mostly rebuilt. The hall's ruins have been re-established. A message from the mainland arrives, stating the Prince's advisor managed to open a portal before he was slain by the drow among the guards, and pushed the prince into it. He will be arriving back to the city soon, with aid.

marcklp

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 10:35 AM 

Player

After the long days helping with the rebuilding, Orlok looks at himself in the mirror at night, by a candle. His eyes are blunt, his beard wasn't trimmed in days, his armor was sitting by a corner and ice had already began forming on its surface.

The old dwarf sighs. It seemed that finally the harsh environment and the recent attack had broken through his fighting spirit. After all.. the memory of his failure was still very strong.

Through his window he hears the news that Khazaad is alive and coming back with help. He lets out a faint smile and, on his way to bed, he stumbles upon his sword.. who had been lying on the ground since the day of the raid, still tainted with the blood of drow and the giant folk he went to take out his frustations after.

He picks it up and brings it into the sink, cleaning it before going to sleep.

- By Moradin's long beard... What's happening to me?

Oarthias

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 12:05 PM 

Player

Nekh wrote:
[i]In Amia Forest, the path leading to Bendir Dale, a small pool of blood forms under a huge oak-tree. The blood trails along the tree, up to a higher branch... from which a 50-year old elven child hangs, his body tortured and a spider branded to his forehead.

The last thing the child sees is a forest protector, carefully taking him down and laying on the grassy forest floor, tears and hate in her eyes.

She covers the body with a cloak, and begins examining the area for clues. Elven-sized footsteps can be seen pressed to the grass, but the trail disappears.

[i]

Alitha is seen hand pressed onto the tree deep in meditation speaking with it in order to see more clues of -who- exactly did this. She waits patiently for the image or images that the tree and those around it will give to her.

Irish Fluff

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 12:56 PM 

Player

Rumor of a corpse finds it way into the seedy merchant’s tavern of Cordor. A 'listener' eavesdrops into midst of drunken discussion. The horrific nature of the rumor sounds like his work yet the last ‘message’ he sent was that against the outcasts. There seems to be those of appreciation to his work. It is just a shame he did not get there first.

Kron pushes himself from the bar stool and leaves the run down old tavern. It is easy for him to pass by as another face in the crowd in Cordor, for no surfacer has ever witnessed his face in battle and very few know of his existence.

Budly

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 14:07 PM 

Player

//is there anyway to join up in this "Offline" "RP"

Nekhy

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 14:40 PM 

Player

// Everyone is welcome to join. This plot will be going on while Amia is down, and will continue when we're back online. I'm posting some general happenings, and people are free to see them (char passing by the tree, or something) and join by posting what they did.

Shri'baste arrived at Brog from her visit to Kohl. She walked to the ruins of the monastery she once called home... She would be need to find Sokoy, her young apprentice, and make sure she was safe. Gathering her property, she started off for Skull Crags' monastery. It wasn't safe at Brog for those drow who weren't well known there. Shri had lived at the monastery for years, herself.

Arriving at the Crags, silently moving in the shadows, she stepped into the countryard of the Lemur Monastery. She perked her ears to hear if anyone was nearby, hearing nothing but leaves rustle with the cool night breeze. Sokoy would have to be hiding, she thought. The news of the attacks must have spread this far...

BrainSplitter

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 14:53 PM 

Player

Earylduil keeps his troops in high alert for the time being, the guard numbers being doubled as he requests the soldiers time, offering more pay than usual. Every drow that enters the city is questioned, and any that are even slightly supicious are taken to the maximum security prisons to be interrogated by those with the means to detect lies.

Patrols around every street and corner, watching carefully for any that may seek to hide in the city.

// WHOOPS! meant detect-lie.

Last edited by BrainSplitter on Tue, May 23 2006, 4:30 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Ziacat

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 15:25 PM 

Player

Sokoya'anon sat silently eyes closed, meditating, at the training grounds of the Skull Crags' monastery. She breathed deep and slowly, wishing that her long awaited teacher, Shri'baste, could find her. Many months Sokoy had lived hiding, due to that she had been seen a few times together with drow house Vandree's former house wizard Vind.

Even Sokoy thought, that she is safe in Lemur monastery, anything could have killed her on that moment, when she was only sitting. Her young mind wasn't as trained as the other monks', and becouse of her race, not many would helped her.

"..Please, may the light come again over this cursed and dark world, and bless us with a soft smile of faith to yourself and Eilistraee..."

BlackDahlya

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 18:24 PM 

Player

Valkirya's appearance is that of someone that just died and was raised. Worried with all that's been happening, she doesn't know what to do: if she goes to Mystra to stay with her daughter, if she stays in Cordor to help the guard, if she stays with the Defenders. Too much to think, too many to help protect, and no answer to her own distressed thoughts. She heard about the children taken, even now, she was holding her own child so tight, that May'Une started complaining already. She trusts in Halen, but she can't just leave her child at Mystra, and one of the reasons is because the tower is still under construction and she's not sure of its safety.

After too much thinking that even gave her a headache, she decides on taking her child out of Mystra.

Anyone can see Valkirya around, holding May'Une on her arms and barely letting go of her, her familiar following her through the planes when in Cordor, or on the prime, when outside Cordor. Every time she sees that one of her friends is slightly less busy, she sticks with them.

Even while carrying her child, she can be seen doing both her Guard and Defender job. That's the only moment she puts her child on the ground, a series of protective spells on May and Daos, who stands right beside May.

Once Upon A Time Played

Last edited by BlackDahlya on Tue, May 23 2006, 2:47 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Tetsu Crimsonheart

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 18:45 PM 

Player

Ang'Avin stood in the desert town covered in the blood of the desert bandits, listening to the townspeople talk about the happenings in brog.

"Hrm, bloodshed so vast that word reaches even to these parts? ...I should have been there, I should have spoken to house Arabbett." He looked down at his bloodsoaked armor and double blades, lamenting that he could not have been there and word reached him so slowly, " I promise my name will be known in Utrinnan one way or the other." He clenched his fist and stormed off towards home.

//Im in florida but i wanna be part! >_<

IronAngel

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 19:31 PM 

Player

//So is it ICly common knowledge that it was house Arabett? I thought only some people knew.

The guy that probably has sexual fantasies about masturbation. I mean, Iron, you're a bookworm nerd that even in your wildest escapism fantasies flee to the internet to play the role of another bookworm nerd? Come on!

Nekhy

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 19:45 PM 

Player

// Arabett is the top suspect and wanted, after some RP that happened after the raid.

Budly

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 20:23 PM 

Player

Budly walks about listening to rumours and such

*Hmm,bloody drows....Llothies...* He venturer of tho the nomad and hires a room

Suddently at night a shadowly charachter puts a sign up at Haurs forge

*Death tho the Drows of ultrinnan, We should unite and crush them!

signed with.....the apple....of the hill*

Later the morning Budly stands in the crow looking at the sign....thinking *Hmm...indeed....he....There library isnt well guarded either....*

He walks of for the harbour laughing...

//just remove it if isnt okay

Oarthias

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 20:32 PM 

Player

Alitha pulls her hand away from the tree shaking her head. This was going to get ugly ... and quickly. She speaks with Sheara a moment and then sends her off to spread the word to the other panthers in the forest to keep their eyes out for the Drow discribed.

Alitha then turns and heads quickly to the Grove to continue to work on a project that she is working on that will hopefully keep her recent sacrifice in tact. Her hand rests a moment on the right side of her neck on the mark... "Help me keep your people safe." Then she speaks in Druidic as she works on the project, her complete focus on it for now, oblivious for a few hours to anything happening around her... trusting Ehlonna and the Grove's wolves to protect her if the other trouble came that she had been recently notified about.

Nekhy

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 20:33 PM 

Player

// Little propaganda signs are okay, though some other char might take them down. As for my real business...

// Note on PvP and OOC

Because I am, as I've said, trying to get some roleplay conflict, which we lack, between the drow and surface, I think I'll remind everyone who might be involved. So far, things have been good, but with PvP and conflict involved, it is always possible it gets nasty OOCly. I like to trust people that they can keep OOC and IC separated, but... accidents happen.

A lot of people will likely get killed in my coming plots. Both sides will have victories and losses. I aim for balance and continuing plot, that would give the player factions a real enemy. We have Horde, which is NPC faction and a great plotline. I'm hoping to have a 'living' enemy for each side, and involve more than just myself in the planning and writing up the stories.

I hope most of the PvP will be controlled, and happening in events. Not all necessarily needs to happen in the precense of a DM, however. If you come to a situation where PvP is unavoidable, remember the rules and remember to set to hostile. It's very important for some spells and such to work properly. And always remember to RP subdual correctly, or provide raises.

Losing is part of the game, it happens to everyone. One shoudl just accept it and roll with the RP. If everyone remembers the rules, there should be no OOC issues or arguments. If something still arises, contact a DM.

Thanks.

jrick

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 20:38 PM 

Player

---
Though she is heavy with child and due any day now, Mariha insists on making regular patrols through the forest, Bendir Dale and the graveyard adjacent to the shrine and Salandran Temple.

Allowing for differences amongst the various elven types, the body found in the tree was about the same age as her - Mariha doesn't think of herself as a child, and hasn't for years, though several of her acquaintances certainly do. The fact that one so young was so brutally slain is not at all reassuring. She rather doubts that her pregnancy will provide any defence and, she is aware, may even make her more desirable as a sacrifice.

As a result, the barbarian elven warrior Elishia, her mate, refuses to let her leave the grove alone; the two of them scout the forest together, watching for the purple and black of House Arabett. Mariha is hard-pressed to moderate Elishia's long-time hatred for the drow in general, explaining patiently and repeatedly that no, only certain drow are to be slain, and not if they are messengers, and only if they can't be taken alive...

She has recently taken to wearing an Eilistraeean holy symbol, to honour her friend Wiggan and her new house, to indicate her interest in the worship of the dark dancer, and to identify herself as a friend to those of the Shrine. She tries to keep in touch regularly with Wiggan and the others she knows who frequent the area, as well as her drow friends and acquaintances in Cordor, making sure they have not been swept up by indiscriminate reprisals. Though Elishia is uneasy around these "dark-skins", she defers reluctantly to Mariha, at least when she recognizes those whom they see often. Still, she stands protectively beside her lover, the huge flickering Storm Sword resting easily on her shoulder, eyes constantly in motion under furrowed brows...

Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it. Further, the lowest Rung ... is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't. - HBT; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1

jrick

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 20:47 PM 

Player

Nekh wrote:
// Note on PvP and OOC

If you come to a situation where PvP is unavoidable, remember the rules and remember to set to hostile. It's very important for some spells and such to work properly. And always remember to RP subdual correctly, or provide raises.

If you have animal companions, summons, etc., make sure to have them stand their ground, as I believe they will charge hostiles without warning even on the guard me setting - this might not be what you want, particularly if it's important ICly/RP-wise that the other side attacks first (please correct me if I am mistaken and I will remove this post).

MorsNorias

PostPosted: Mon, May 22 2006, 21:48 PM 

Player

//well i did tell people icly that it was house arabett that planned the raid...

*ary sits on his seat near his little convinient working table wabbling in it looking up about the current invents...trying too figure out what too do whit it..and then a plan tilts in his head a great smile on his face*

eternal789

PostPosted: Tue, May 23 2006, 1:58 AM 

Player

*A large, sleek ship sails into the Dwarven port...*
"Ah my stout freinds, what tragedy hath befallen your town"
*Zacho storms off the ship into the night, looking for something, someone. He comes upon the ruins of the inn*
"Poor blighters, not even the ale survived"
*with this Zacho unsheaths his distinctive sword, stabbing its thick blade deep into a peice of timber*
"Orlok should recognize...."
*the Half-Drow sailor stomps back to his ship, helping his crew unload in the blackness*
"I shall return"
*the morning finds a large pile of food and building materials waiting for the weary dwarfs. The only identifying mark an unusualy thick bladed, slightly dull sword*

Funiculus

PostPosted: Tue, May 23 2006, 2:06 AM 

Player

*Theos has been working tirelessly around the clock; both dispatching a group of his finest rangers to assist the dwarves in tracking their missing, if they can be found; and in bolstering patrols of the forest. Indeed a call has been sent out to any able bodied defender of Nature to report to the Oakmist Vale and group up to one of the patrol routes. Large dire wolves, the pride of the pack can be seen leaving and departing at all hours. The hunt is on for the smallest sign of intruders in the forest of Amia. The birds seem to hang in the air slowly, ever watchful their gaze on the land below, and trees move and groan their secret hushed whisper to unseen guardians standing watch over the ways to and from the forest.

The eyes of Nature are open.*

marcklp

PostPosted: Tue, May 23 2006, 3:00 AM 

Player

Carring his sword again on his back, Orlok walks through the town, nodding to the the few survivors and helping with tasks that demand his strenght. He stares off at the port and notices Zacho's blade.

- Captain Zacho... But.. where has he gone to?

Touching the sword his half drow left behind, Orloks stares into the horizon, thinking that not all that come from the drow are evil, he ponders on what would be the wise next step to take.

angryloner

PostPosted: Tue, May 23 2006, 14:06 PM 

Player

Celundel had been standing in the swamp for a few hours, quiet moments came rarely these days, and after briefly looking for somewhere less exposed, but he had encountered more guards, patrols, animals ready to attack, and a somewhat upsetting sign outside the forge in Cordor… which he’d thought of taking it down but reconsidered, invisible or not an action would draw too much attention “besides” he thought “I cant honestly disagree with the sentiment”.

He stood reflecting for a few minutes more; quite certain he was never going to get a decent ale again.

He realised the sun would surely come up soon and his invisibility had long worn off.

He reached for his portal wand “back to the safety of the house” he thought, and laughed just a little at the absurdity of the notion.

Irish Fluff

PostPosted: Tue, May 23 2006, 14:41 PM 

Player

Many days later word eventually reaches Westers ear. He clenches his kane tightly and the old rage swells up in him. It had been many years since he took an armed force of many paladins into the underdark to teach the Drow a lesson. It seems they have not taught this lesson to there children. Amends will have to be made for this attosity! But this time it will be different, he realizes he does not need to speak to people in quiet anymore behind closed doors. No not this time... this time he has the arena! A grand gathering of adventures show up at every annual event. He could rally a grand army of young and old, male and female alike.

The publics tensions where high and they now knew of the same hate he had for these dark skin elfin bastards. He could gather an army of great proportions with a grandest of rallying speeches, this army could completely rid the drow from the face of Amia. He would bury these black souless monsters forever...

He stopped however and glanced at his old worn wedding band, he had taken his revenge for his murdered wife ahd child. He had already once fallen down that route of despair, that route of uncontrolable anger, it had almost lost him his life and it was not wise to do so again. No this was not his fight not his call. In his heart he knew that Torm had another calling for him a worthier task in store for him.

IronAngel

PostPosted: Tue, May 23 2006, 15:07 PM 

Player

Kir'nack spat on the floor, and turned to look at the training jaluken again. It had been a long day in house Arabett. Suddenly he saw something, and he narrowed his eyes. With a few sharp steps, Kir'nack was infront of the jaluk who seemed to be joking with another one. The veteran's eyes blazed warningly, as he looked down at the jaluk.

"The training is naut hard enough for you apparently, since you have time to joke around, nau?" He growled.
"Q-qu'el'saruk.. I.. I was just t-telling the story about the wizard wh-"
The jaluk didn't have time to finish his sentence before the weapon master's fist struck with the strength a dozen duergar. He died before he even hit the floor, his face curshed in a disgusting way.

Kir'nack looked around the training hall, looking for any grins. "Does someone else wish to take a break and tell a jolly tale, hmm? Nau? Back to training, waelen!"
As the young warriors started swinging their swords and daggers again, Kir'nack smirked. He glanced at the dead jaluk. Someone had to be the warning example. Tough luck for the jaluk, that he opened his mouth and wasn't very valuable.
By what Kir'nack had heard, the whole surface was after them. If this meant war, the house wouldn't be unprepared. While their Ilharess was away, they would train day and night inside the house, getting ready for the coming storm.

The guy that probably has sexual fantasies about masturbation. I mean, Iron, you're a bookworm nerd that even in your wildest escapism fantasies flee to the internet to play the role of another bookworm nerd? Come on!

Shatuga

PostPosted: Tue, May 23 2006, 20:48 PM 

Player

// The time frame for this post is shortly after Raz posted the guards

Wiggan made her way slowly through the woods, whispering. "Arabett. Hmm.... It would seem that Sil has established her position firmly I guess..." Wiggan was, after all, not aware that Sil was not still the matron of Arabett. She seemed listful, a bit stunned by the attack in Brogdenstein and the subsequent loss. "And to think, had I made a different choice, I would have done that myself. Joined in. Maybe even... I might have planned it." Wiggan shivered, and stepped gently and quietly along the road on the far west side of the forest, a bit away from the newly installed Kholingen guard station.

"HALT!"

Suddenly Wiggan felt herself slammed to a tree by a rudely imposed elbow.

"What are YOU doing here.. DROW.... Come to do a little CLEANUP WORK heh?" The guard said. Then he laughed. "Where are your drow friends now?"

Wiggan didn't say anything, but only dropped the bag of herbs she was carrying. The eyes in her pinned head looked from one guard to antoher, and she tried to shake her head no.

She didn't have a chance to get a word out. She felt the steel enter between her ribs from the side, cold and sharp. The warmth running slowly down the inside of her armor. She coughed, and tasted her own blood on her tongue. She struggled to breathe, weak, struggling just to keep her eyes open, helpless but to watch as the guard got out some rope and began to bind Wiggan by the arms to the tree.

"So PRETTY you are eh little drow? Had enough of those WIRY things you call MEN down there? I hear they are PATHETIC.. that they prance around and dare not even raise their sad little faces to the women that run their

WORTHLESS...

LITTLE...

LIVES!

HAH that will teach the DROW SCUM! Take THIS back to your underdark mommy!"

The guard grabbed Wiggan's face in his broad hands and turned it. Wiggan stared in terror, head held back, unable to scream and gasping now, with the gathering blood in her chest. Through the ringing in her ears, she heard a third voice.

"WHAT ARE YOU GENTLEMEN DOING MAY I... Wiggan!!" Raziel charged forward, knocking his guard headlong down into the undergrowth, and drawing his fist to strike the other guard standing there, now in disbelief and surprise.

"Sir we ... we thought... "

WHACK! The sound of Raziel's fist rang through the trees as the guard spun and hit the dirt.

"Wiggan.. stay with me Wiggan... " Raziel rushed to undo the bindings and eased her slowly to the ground at the base of the tree, holding her bobbing head in his arms. "Healer! Someone get a healer!" He fumbled in his pack with one hand, and held Wiggan's head back as he poured a healing exilir into her bloodsoaked throat.

Wiggan coughed and swallowed, suddenly surrounded by the warm glow of the medicine's healing power. The blood cleared, the wound closed, and she coughed, reaching to grab Raziel's shoulder.

"Wiggan I am so sorry. They didn't know who you were! And still this is no excuse. This behavior on the part of the the Kholingen guards is totally unacceptable. They will be disciplined. You look.. with that armor, like quite the Lolthite Princess, little one, you do need to be more careful."

Wiggan coughed again, and struggled to rise, wrapping her arms around Raziel for support.

"It's okay.... I.. I understand. We just... "

She coughed..

"I am glad you are here, Raziel, you and your troops. We just have to make sure this doesn't happen again."

//note for bunly: Generally if you post something involving another's PC, which you can do, you just need to go over it with them first, via MSN or via PM here on the forums.

This scene is a little edgey.. headed somewhere no good and all. But I would think that if a pair of uneducated guards caught a drowess in the woods in that situation, yeah.. they'd do the worst. --shivers-- I hate.. HATE that kind of roleplay. And edited it to leave it more up to the reader to determine where it was going. But the element in the story is interesting, and I think highlights the height of the tension between drow and others that a major attack might bring. I myself hope that it adds some dramatic tension to the conflict.

Oarthias

PostPosted: Tue, May 30 2006, 11:43 AM 

Player

Alitha arrives in Brog with a few of the younger members of the Grove with supplies in tow. They set to work finding which ever dwarf is in charge of taking in and organizing the supplies.

Nekhy

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 06 2006, 17:57 PM 

Player

Commander Paz'kole can be seen preparing the city to war. On her breaks, she can be seen smirking smugly, very pleased with something...

In Brog, the city officials welcomed the donations from the Grove happily. The dwarves are preparing their defenses in case of new attacks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]