View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Terra_777

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 09 2015, 19:44 PM 

Administrative Developer

Holyshit guys, why isnt this in AI? We've clearly improving Amia here. 8)

Doro

PostPosted: Fri, Oct 09 2015, 19:58 PM 

Player

Cart drivers don't work. The three at the Dale at least.

Matrix1867

PostPosted: Mon, Oct 12 2015, 0:18 AM 

Player

I'm willing to help on this issue too. I'd suggest making a full fresh install of the game server files on an SSD or something that's fast, import the character list, and go from there. Start with software. If that doesnt work, I have hardware here at my house I can construct a server, load up NWN server files on it and attempt a host and see if different hardware fixes the issues. Other than that, I would not know what could fix the issue. What kind of windows is the Server running on? I got my game working fine on Windows 10, but maybe an XP serverhosted box would be best?

Let me know if anyone needs anything else or has any other questions, we can bounce ideas off each other. I wanna get this fixed!

Xenos

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 13 2015, 19:58 PM 

Player

Just wanted to give a heads up that the server performed famously last night for hours during an event. Dozen people fighting in one area, spells and hellballs flying, total chaos, and not a crash.

Whatever is going on, it's going well. Thanks to everyone working on this.

House Auvrea'Kan Crafts and Services is now open and prepared to discuss orders.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 13 2015, 20:05 PM 

Player

Shhh don't acknowledge it or you'll jinx it!

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Larsaan

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 14 2015, 2:09 AM 

Player

So I think I murdered both A, B and the forums by taking Guston's ship from Wiltun to Cordor, loaded down with buffs fresh from a hunt. Kahuna went before me and managed to get in, but I got stuck in the loading screen until everything exploded.

It might have been coincidence, but it really happened precicely as I jumped servers.

Riyit
Chsera Hile

(Credits to Raua for the sprite, sauce -here-.)

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 14 2015, 2:10 AM 

Player

The server did auto Windows updates and reset.

Something that keeps happening >_>

Even though I keep saying we need to stop that <_<

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Ts_

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 18 2015, 10:08 AM 

Player

Something that has happened to me a few times in this week:

I go into an area, and the area is pitch black. NPCs are shown in normal light standing in the black. I can bump into things like normal, but I haven't been able to click on, say, a transition in the black. (Maybe because I couldn't find them? But I'd expect a door I just walked through to be not that hard to find.)

This has happened in Cordor interiors (the tailor) repeatedly, Cordor sewers (the transition out of the jelly lair), Bendir interiors (weapon shop), and once even in the server entry room (with the rules).

It might just simply be that there is no light at all in the area. I believe that after equipping enough strong light sources, I could make out some outlines in one case at least? Very, very dim.

Also: In the sewers, the area was partially there. We (2 people) could see the tile with the door that we stood on, but beyond that, it was pitch black. After we relogged and stepped on the next tile, the area popped in ... This tile wasn't revealed on the map, though, but everything else worked then.

Relogging helped mostly, but sometimes not on the first attempt.

Could this be related to area loading magic or should I open a separate bug?

Regards
Ts

walnutboy

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 18 2015, 14:31 PM 

Player

Ts_ wrote:
Something that has happened to me a few times in this week:

I go into an area, and the area is pitch black. NPCs are shown in normal light standing in the black. I can bump into things like normal, but I haven't been able to click on, say, a transition in the black. (Maybe because I couldn't find them? But I'd expect a door I just walked through to be not that hard to find.)

This has happened in Cordor interiors (the tailor) repeatedly, Cordor sewers (the transition out of the jelly lair), Bendir interiors (weapon shop), and once even in the server entry room (with the rules).

It might just simply be that there is no light at all in the area. I believe that after equipping enough strong light sources, I could make out some outlines in one case at least? Very, very dim.

Also: In the sewers, the area was partially there. We (2 people) could see the tile with the door that we stood on, but beyond that, it was pitch black. After we relogged and stepped on the next tile, the area popped in ... This tile wasn't revealed on the map, though, but everything else worked then.

Relogging helped mostly, but sometimes not on the first attempt.

Could this be related to area loading magic or should I open a separate bug?

Regards
Ts

I have encountered this as well in Cordor. Transition into an area and its black, no light what so ever but I figured it wasn't lighting issue as my avatar carrying a torch was in pitch black but zooming out I could still see NPCs stood in the room. Transitioning out of the area normally returns everything to normal, hard though as you can even use transitions a you can't see them in such a case. I actually ended up using the portal wand to get out of the Cordor interiors. Getting out of the sewers I was able to walk backwards (using keyboard arrow keys) to step back on the transition and exit the area.
The only time I logged out when this happened, logging back in straight after returned me to the login lobby!
At the time I was playing my level 3 alt character all three times it happened, never experienced it on my main, if that helps.

RaveN

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 18 2015, 14:42 PM 

Administrative Developer

>> viewtopic.php?f=154&t=84042

Dev Disco

PostPosted: Tue, Oct 20 2015, 16:54 PM 

HRM Chicken I of Amia

Maverick00053 wrote:
Faded Wings wrote:
Does robocopy account for the fact that files can be touched and it doesn't touch the folder? Windows is fun like that.

Robocopy specifically targets the files age. All files and their sub directories should be moved that meet the age requirement. I have checked this personally and it does work. If you are talking about an issue with the folder being extremely old or young vs the files inside of it causing an issue? In that case the files inside should be moved normally.

I am guessing the server is running XP so in that case robocopy, which comes default on Vista and 7, will need to be downloaded on the microsoft website. robocopy is the only function versatile enough to look at dates that I could find. Standard copy just won't cut it.

I imagine there are other ways to evaluate data based on date using the old pre vista/7 commands but just from looking around they are god awful to try and build yourself.

Edit: Changed the first paragraph.

We got server 2008 R2, which is about the same age as Windows 7. I guess it should have robocopy, but I am not sure. It misses some very basic stuff (can't see pictures, for instance) and has some other things I'd never heard of before I got working with the OS.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Wed, Oct 21 2015, 15:33 PM 

DM

Hmm. I don't see why it is missing pictures. It really shouldn't from everything I understand about how the copy function works. Ill need to think on this to figure out if I can find a clever solution.

Dev Disco

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 25 2015, 6:54 AM 

HRM Chicken I of Amia

That's not what I meant: the OS is pretty basic in some departments (misses windows image viewer, for instance) and has a lot of extra perks compared to Win7. It's hard to predict what it has installed and what not, that's all.

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Sun, Oct 25 2015, 7:09 AM 

DM

Ahhh. Gotcha. That makes much more sense. Well the easiest way to check is load up the command prompt and type in robocopy. It should just print out the info on how it works if it is installed.

Kudark

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 01 2015, 22:38 PM 

Player

B Server has been down for a while, I dunno if it's intentional or not.

// Edit: nevermind

Blue Moon

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 27 2016, 22:27 PM 

Player

What is crashing? Why does it happen? Like, what does it look like? Is it the codes getting really confused and just reading ERRORS and DOES NOT COMPUTE and its head exploding?

What can we, or I as a player do to help keep crashes low? I hear clicking to walk is bad, as is carrying a ton of inventory items.

"[SocksOnFeet] Arabella Amakiir: [Talk] That girl got buns, hon. "

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4