View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
Nalkanar

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 07 2015, 20:19 PM 

Player

Hi,

small idea. I think that this type of forum can have following function. Each reply is showing its author. That's normal. There could be also possibility, not only to go to that person's profile but also button for PM. This would quote the specific reply with link to that reply. I kinda miss it. It allows people to discretely and easily react to something that they see in forum (examples ranging from alerting about mistake to starting private discussion easily from that specific reply).

Is it possible with forum version that Amia uses? Would it be okay to use it? :)

Example of what it would show:
Subject: Forum - PM system
Nalkanar wrote:
Hi,

small idea. I think that this type of forum can have following function. Each reply is showing its author. That's normal. There could be also possibility, not only to go to that person's profile but also button for PM. This would quote the specific reply with link to that reply. I kinda miss it. It allows people to discretely and easily react to something that they see in forum (examples ranging from alerting about mistake to starting private discussion easily from that specific reply).

Is it possible with forum version that Amia uses? Would it be okay to use it? :)

EDIT: on some forum of this type, on certain versions, it's basic stuff, that there just is.

CET time zone

Dergaii

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 08 2015, 11:06 AM 

Player

Do I understand it correctly that you wish to add a pm button like this Image (but in the Amian style) to the player window to the left off a post. For example under the location?

LetumLux

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 08 2015, 12:23 PM 

Player

I thiiiink that our forums can do this. If they can, it should be just a simple toggle somewhere in the ACP that a forum admin can do.

Nalkanar

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 08 2015, 12:41 PM 

Player

Exactly that. It's not a priority, just small improvement ;-)

CET time zone

RaveN

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 08 2015, 16:20 PM 

Administrative Developer

If it's not possible to do via board control panel, modifying the code isn't too difficult to make it do that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]