View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 16 2015, 9:39 AM 

Player

Everyone sells to this dude almost exclusively. However his basic item spawns are, well, garbage, and not really reflective of the fact that any and everyone sells any and everything to him.

Fix; Make him spawn with a large quantity of different weapons/armor every time he spawns, all over the place price range or enchantment level, and some random (yellow) items, so he's really different each spawn. I think this would better reflect what's actually happening with him, as when people buy stuff from him it's not his stupid inventors helm it's crap other people dumped on him.

Is it 'overpowered?' Not really, and it would actually reflect what he is. It's not like he isn't selling +4 loot after the server has been up for an hour anyway, so I don't see him spawning with random loot actually being a bad thing.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Revak

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 16 2015, 10:10 AM 

Player

Little did you know Hil'rash is a hoarder. All those items adventurers sell? He has them in his home. His large, junk-filled-to-the-brim home.

But on a more serious note, he's only meant to act as the first stop for new characters who need some starter gear beside the other shops like Haur's. Although considering how much people feed his hoarding sell items to him, it does make sense that he should have more of a potent stock, but that's just my opinion. :)

Lutra

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 16 2015, 18:30 PM 

Player

He is probably selling the good stuff off-island for a higher price, because he is now a free man...and he can! It won't do any good to a server if you could get everything from the most common starting area.

Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Dec 16 2015, 23:51 PM 

Player

Revak wrote:
Little did you know Hil'rash is a hoarder. All those items adventurers sell? He has them in his home. His large, junk-filled-to-the-brim home.

But on a more serious note, he's only meant to act as the first stop for new characters who need some starter gear beside the other shops like Haur's. Although considering how much people feed his hoarding sell items to him, it does make sense that he should have more of a potent stock, but that's just my opinion. :)

I don't know how hard it would be to handle, but I think very few (<5) randomly generated items (either yellow/true random or picking actual items from a list randomly, or both) from a MW/+1 to +3 range would be fine. That way he isn't a one stop shop (as he would sell basically every kind of item there is from all over the power spectrum but only a few items every reset) but can actually have a varied stock that reflects his current role on the server. Even if that isn't his intended role and he's meant to be a basic vendor he is the guy everyone sells everything to.

Either way he shouldn't constantly be stocking the same inventor helm and stuff given how everyone unloads everything on him. It should be 'oh the server reset lets see what he has' as opposed to 'servers about to reset lets see what everyone else sold today.' I'd also support jazzing up his little corner of the temple. It's sort of interactive that way, people picked him to sell to because he has the best prices, and now he's better off. But I'm strongly against moving him somewhere else, his location clearly is working.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 17 2015, 6:36 AM 

Tester

He might could do with some new inventory and items, simply because the Axis Nation is a defunct part of our lore. I'd always like to try my hand at some more item creation and descriptions anyway, if the opportunity is offered again.

Murex

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 17 2015, 7:04 AM 

Player

I think there needs to be a Yellow item merchant for West Cordor to bring in traffic to that side of the city.

Guardian

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 17 2015, 7:48 AM 

Player

I think there needs to be more yellow items overall. Random is fun.

=========
Obsidian (inactive)

Murex

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 17 2015, 13:34 PM 

Player

Guardian wrote:

Agreed. :mrgreen:

Revak

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 17 2015, 15:14 PM 

Player

Murex wrote:
Guardian wrote:

Commie

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 18 2015, 17:14 PM 

Player

Revak wrote:
Murex wrote:
Guardian wrote:

Yeah.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

RaveN

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 18 2015, 19:34 PM 

Administrative Developer

True random yellow loot is going to happen, just have to make sure it's done well.

walnutboy

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 19 2015, 15:59 PM 

Player

Faded Wings wrote:
True random yellow loot is going to happen, just have to make sure it's done well.

Player design contest? :mrgreen:

corypx

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 19 2015, 23:37 PM 

Player

walnutboy wrote:
Faded Wings wrote:

Player design contest? :mrgreen:

Players would not design anything, Yellow loot is random. I think faded means getting it all balanced and coded as per how it will work it its moved into the main steam of our loot drops (something I have been saying would be nice to do since it was added)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]