View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
Guardian

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 18 2015, 13:36 PM 

Player

Yeah, a dungeon with a pair of boobs on it.

Or!

1, Random "forgotten treasury" in all dungeons. Fire giants lair got them, dungeon under Uhm got them - and they are great. Random chests that contains random loot. Random stuff is good stuff!
2, More yellow items - for example, lesser bosses (creatures with funny "aura" and name) could drop yellow stuff. Or have increased chance to drop it. Also more yellow items could be in spawn chests (when a group of mobs spawns chest, that's the one). Yellow items are great, and random, and random stuff is good stuff.
3, Set items. I don't know why we don't have any yet. I am not thinking epic über stuff, but even sets for lower levels. Very Diablo like, I know, but set stuff always make grind more enjoyable and offers new trade opportunities with other players.
4, Random encounters. You are not the only treasure hunter in the area - why not set up a party of hostile treasure hunters who may randomly appear. Maybe with them a random chest may spawn, playing it as they have just discovered it and are about to defend it from your greedy fingers. And of course - chest would contain random stuff! As for the treasure hunters, I'm thinking no pussies, but war-bruised veterans that would pose a challange if approached. But also solid rewards.
5, Broken items - in each loot bin we create a "broken" section of armors and weapons and stuff alike. And skilled smiths in cities may re-forge said items into new one. For example - you find a "Jeweled hilt", from which a smith will create any kind of sword you like with +1 charisma bonus. Just an example. Or a "Burning blade" - can be reforged into any slashing weapon and such will receive +1d6 fire damage.
Of course, I'd love to see epic weapons desiged this way as well - for example, instead of "sureforged sword" the epic drop would be "remnants of a sureforged weapon" - and such could be reforged into weapon of your choosing, for a fee of course.

Let's toss a few random ideas around. Random is good!

=========
Obsidian (inactive)

Bertnard

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 18 2015, 14:03 PM 

Player

Or a spawn could get random aoe buff
For example upon encounter 10% chance that everyone in spawn gain Bull's Strength. (nothing extreme like mass haste, elemental shields etc.)

Murex

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 19 2015, 6:29 AM 

Player

I like all of that, but to be realistic, the 'broken items' thing sounds like that would take a bit of work to make happen- and it sounds like what we had before the mythal crafting system (I think, although I was a noob here at that time). I think the epic lootbin needs a revamp, and I think pieces and parts sounds neat in order to create an epic item, but again- I don't see that as something that will be happening. I've been away for a year, and as far as I can tell, almost nothing has changed in that time, so yeah.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 19 2015, 7:50 AM 

Player

Not a fan of the broken items bit, no, thats what we got mythals for. Aside from that and the treasure hunters, seems nice.

serbiris

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 19 2015, 8:30 AM 

Player

What about more random collectibles to be returned to specific NPCs in town for gold? Like those dye materials at the tailor, or the boss items that we hand to the gnome, only a bit more interesting and used in a way that fleshes out the setting more (eg: I dunno rare books the library might buy).

@Thanatopsis#6293

Larsaan

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 19 2015, 14:06 PM 

Player

serbiris wrote:
What about more random collectibles to be returned to specific NPCs in town for gold? Like those dye materials at the tailor, or the boss items that we hand to the gnome, only a bit more interesting and used in a way that fleshes out the setting more (eg: I dunno rare books the library might buy).

Dragon poop for farmers. Epic level fertilizer.

Riyit
Chsera Hile

(Credits to Raua for the sprite, sauce -here-.)

Bertnard

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 19 2015, 17:08 PM 

Player

Larsaan wrote:
serbiris wrote:

Dragon poop for farmers. Epic level fertilizer.

But first you'll have to successfully cast "scare" on dragon to get it.

Nalkanar

PostPosted: Sat, Dec 19 2015, 22:25 PM 

Player

More RP for dungeons. Mostly dungeons are just places to grind. There is nothing more to them. It would be nice to find pieces of lore inside of dungeons, so maybe if you actually explore some dungeon, you'll know something new, which others might not know.
Maybe it is already in the game and I just dont visit the right dungeons :)

CET time zone

Blue Moon

PostPosted: Mon, Dec 21 2015, 2:26 AM 

Player

Why ARE dungeons so bare here? I now Amia ran without haks for a while. There's like 0 placeables. Is it to save space on the module?

"[SocksOnFeet] Arabella Amakiir: [Talk] That girl got buns, hon. "

Buzog

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 27 2015, 0:57 AM 

Player

Nalkanar wrote:
It would be nice to find pieces of lore inside of dungeons, so maybe if you actually explore some dungeon, you'll know something new, which others might not know.

I think there's like one or two dungeons with books and journals, but how many people actually stop to read those? Not many when you can GRINDGRINDGRIND and rush to 30 to begin from the start again...it's sad, but it's what i've seen for a while now

RaveN

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 27 2015, 2:56 AM 

Administrative Developer

Sadly almost every dungeon has a more vast lore than most players get to experience. I do wish there was a way to make the places feel alive, without giving away spoilers, in case the place is used in a plot.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Sun, Dec 27 2015, 4:19 AM 

Player

- works on adding more prettiness to new dungeon-

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

Buzog

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 29 2015, 0:51 AM 

Player

I just remembered the dwarven ruins in some snowy place, filled with lore and ghosts...but who ever goes there? I have never heard it being menrioned by a player and only know of it, because i accidentally ran into it while exploring the northern places on B...

Suhjet

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 29 2015, 1:31 AM 

Player

Buzog wrote:
I just remembered the dwarven ruins in some snowy place, filled with lore and ghosts...but who ever goes there? I have never heard it being mentioned by a player and only know of it, because i accidentally ran into it while exploring the northern places on B...

That place has been given new purpose.

There are horrors beyond life's edge that we do not suspect,
and once in a while, man's evil prying calls them just within our range.

Buzog

PostPosted: Tue, Dec 29 2015, 4:21 AM 

Player

Suhjet wrote:
That place has been given new purpose.

Oh wow, awesome! Got to look more into that at some point.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]