View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
Blue Moon

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2016, 5:06 AM 

Player

This might be like, just the dumbest thought on the world, and I have absolutely no standing as a relatively new/clueless player to be making it but, even though there's all this animosity between Cordor's districts... I read about it on forums and see it being roleplayed out.

When I walk around the Cordor areas they still all look like one cohesive city. Especially as a new player, I had no idea they were any different at all. But I feel like they are noticeably different at this point. And it would naturally be reflected in the environment should I walk around in person.

I dunno, is it dumb to suggest like... they have some extra but unique decorations/placeables added to them? May be as easy as changing the area lighting a single shade. I'm not saying change the tileset or move anything, change alienates players too much. But it'd be nice to feel like I'm walking into a different district? Maybe one is dirtier than the other, maybe one has more... streetlamps. Different ambient area sounds? Different area music? (the latter two are all the same last time I walked through the districts, except Cordor north) Idk. Something?

Where's the builder app? I'd even do it myself. No sense talking big without backing it up.

If someone wants to knock me down a peg and explain why this doesn't work?

"[SocksOnFeet] Arabella Amakiir: [Talk] That girl got buns, hon. "

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2016, 6:37 AM 

Player

I been sayin' this since I came back, yo.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2016, 6:55 AM 

Player

If the dm's see fit I would happily do this.

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2016, 7:03 AM 

Player

Seems like a neat idea. The districts are indeed very different, socioeconomically, racially, size-wise, asthetically...etc, etc. On many different levels. A fact ICly known but not quite represented to the fuller extent.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Rigela

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2016, 7:34 AM 

Player

Yeah, this would be a great thing to see implemented to actually show the differences IG.

Murex

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2016, 7:59 AM 

Player

Broldi

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2016, 8:53 AM 

Player

I agree. Big golden statue of Shade plz

WrathOfTheNorth

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2016, 9:11 AM 

Player

On the topic of West cordor, i personally think people gambling on the streets (gambler npcs) and people walking around in back alleys suspiciously would be good. (I've seen npcs walk around, maybe scripted).

But I wonder if graffiti or something along those lines can be put on buildings..

Khuul-Khuum -Icy Heart Award 2014- Joint 2nd Best Developed 2014!
Ordained Of Her Grace

Revak

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2016, 12:29 PM 

Player

It'd be nice to see clumps of rock and old mortar jutting out of Central Cordor's "bay". Make it seem more chaotic than just "Oh, this district was ripped up into the air by a crazy" and literally looks brand new. :lol:

LetumLux

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2016, 13:30 PM 

Player

Broldi wrote:

In all seriousness, I think this is a great idea. East has statues of their "hero leaders". I can absolutely see the citizens of the West having put up some ramshackle street-art statue of Dirk (made of booze bottles maybe?) and their other favorite 'defenders of the people' like his homeboys, Shade, etc. Please, add one of the big-breasted female statues too, or one of the ones that could be construed as lewd. I'm not even joking. Prostitution is basically what keeps the West functional, the girls are super well-treated and well-regarded; it's absolutely a hero.

Add little throw rugs along the sidewalks periodically for sitting, bottles and cups strewn about to imply whatever game of chances happens there. Get all those fancy dressed NPCs in more district-appropriate attire. (What is that mage even DOING there?) Mafia up the place a bit. But don't add much if anything in the way of new NPCs, IMO, because of the load lag they create.

LetumLux

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2016, 13:39 PM 

Player

I also recommend one of the conversation-minded ADT members take a look at Yossarin's call and response stuff for the NPCs that "chatter" back and forth. Move or place some troublemakers by Pinky's, right after you enter West Cordor from Central Cordor. These NPCs can "banter" West-specific things when PCs walk by. "We ain't the Republic." "The Freeside has its own laws." etc etc. I suggest making whatever statements made be general, and not voiced as if they are necessarily being said to the passerby - or if they are, make them so that they can sound like both a warning (to people who aren't Westies) and an affirmation (to those who are).

This can apply to South, also. (The desolation in Central is appropriate, far as I'm concerned. :P ) I just think that the West needs this kind of attention more, as the most-distinct-from-the-rest part of Cordor.

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2016, 17:18 PM 

Player

LetumLux wrote:
Broldi wrote:

In all seriousness, I think this is a great idea. East has statues of their "hero leaders". I can absolutely see the citizens of the West having put up some ramshackle street-art statue of Dirk (made of booze bottles maybe?) and their other favorite 'defenders of the people' like his homeboys, Shade, etc. Please, add one of the big-breasted female statues too, or one of the ones that could be construed as lewd. I'm not even joking. Prostitution is basically what keeps the West functional, the girls are super well-treated and well-regarded; it's absolutely a hero.

Add little throw rugs along the sidewalks periodically for sitting, bottles and cups strewn about to imply whatever game of chances happens there. Get all those fancy dressed NPCs in more district-appropriate attire. (What is that mage even DOING there?) Mafia up the place a bit. But don't add much if anything in the way of new NPCs, IMO, because of the load lag they create.

I agree on a lot of this

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 05 2016, 18:19 PM 

Tester

Assuming we've outgrown the silly moratorium on active PC statues and memorials(as I believe we have as a sever), I'm all for it.

In regards to making the districts look different, that seems easy enough. Most of the suggestions for how that can be done have already been made. Different NPCs, a few placables, and a significant change in landscape.

OpenTheRift

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 10 2016, 22:22 PM 

Player

im a no until i get an homage to S A N A V E S K I N, all seriousness though i've been personally saying the west is the most interesting aspect of the server and should be given more zones, or a bigger zone to foster the potential gangs that could grow there, though it seems a little strangleheld at the moment.

Lutra

PostPosted: Mon, Jan 11 2016, 10:54 AM 

Player

Dark Immolation wrote:
Assuming we've outgrown the silly moratorium on active PC statues and memorials(as I believe we have as a sever), I'm all for it.

PC statues are allowed at this point? I think a lot of people proposed this in the past and they all got declined, even recently.

LetumLux

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 12 2016, 21:40 PM 

Player

I think the stance is a ridiculous relic from a bygone age when the DMs refused to allow any PCs to meaningfully impact the NPC world. Considering that the DMs have final say about what actually happens to the module anyway, I think finally releasing this useless convention would be a step forward for maturity of the server.

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Tue, Jan 12 2016, 21:43 PM 

Player

Dark Immolation wrote:

I wouldn't hold your breath. A particularly prolific PC artist had to have even her name removed from the paintings she had decorated many of the server's locales with.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]