View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
LetumLux

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 08 2016, 19:44 PM 

Player

Is it possible to expand upon to attach to the current weather system a chance for change of weather? Mostly for rain/snow, and no rain/snow. Breaks in the downpour, or the start of one that alternate once a day. Obviously this is not a pressing improvement, but I think that more non-static environmental stimuli is good for RP, and the general atmosphere of a living world and passage of time.

Liz

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 08 2016, 20:32 PM 

Player

It's at least possible to set that up for rain, because the Nexus Falls map already has sporadic rain showers that start and stop all the time.

Dergaii

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 08 2016, 20:35 PM 

Player

Something like Disco set up for the Wiltun weather?
http://www.amiaworld.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=57343

LetumLux

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 08 2016, 21:38 PM 

Player

Currently the rain/snow weather is tied to the day/night cycle, as I understand it. I'm talking transitions at any time, for any duration that makes sense. Like, for example, it snows 100% on some maps. A small chance for it to clear up would be neat. (Otherwise, how isn't there miles of snow!) If it already is this way, then... well! But I haven't noticed it, unless it was a DM shenanigans cycling weather.

Liz

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 09 2016, 1:33 AM 

Player

I don't think the day/night cycle governs the weather, or at least it's not the only thing that can govern the weather. We elfies will often be standing around the Falls chatting for a few RL hours, and the rains will start and stop several times in that duration, without any intervening dusks or dawns.

What I'd love to see is stuff like the thing Dergaii linked to take effect server-wide, so the isle would have actual seasons detectable IC.

Alaria-

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 09 2016, 3:13 AM 

Player

Liz wrote:
We elfies will often be standing around the Falls chatting for a few RL hours, and the rains will start and stop several times in that duration, without any intervening dusks or dawns.

Lyraesel has an explanation for all of that! ;)

What I would like to see however is some areas having the same weather. Sometimes it's awkward going from Nexus Falls or Cordor into a neighbouring one where it just doesn't rain even though physically the distance is really short!

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 09 2016, 8:10 AM 

Tester

Odd as it may seem, what I'd actually love to see concerning "dynamic" weather is for it to have a very slight mechanical effect. Rain = 5% immune fire/acid and 5% vulnerability cold/elec, etc, etc. A similar thing is already coded into NWN for nighttime and detection. But most people would hate that sort of thing I imagine because it can't be planned around.

To the topic, more randomized weather would be neat, but I honestly hardly notice it as is. Probably because besides RP, it never really means anything in-game. Oh, it's pouring cats and dogs again. Everyone is still going to be loitering around outside despite it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]