View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Mikaz

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 20 2016, 21:14 PM 

Player

I tend to go through this little quest with every char of mine and it's always a bit of a pain.
Exp is worth same as goblins but it's harder in every way, with only slight exp boost to show for it as you complete the quest(Otherwise it's really the same exp, whatever bonus the stronger foes in the dungeon might give is easily balanced by how much weaker the goblins are).

So I was thinking if we could up the xp gain of this dungeon and perhaps have them give better loot aswell..? I really liked the loot the Gibberlings dropped when they were first introduced, why was that ever changed?

So my suggestions are:

More exp
Better loot or bring back the original unique loot of the dungeon
Better quest reward(Again, perhaps the bracers you used to get from the quest?)

What do the rest of the server think of this dungeon/quest?

Edit: I suppose I might aswell mention this here, but the Gibberlings that drop slug corpses every time they die, don't drop regular loots anymore. I see the loot roll hit 1-5 when hunting alone and end up with just a slug, same when they spawn as special/champion.

NinjaClarinet

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 20 2016, 21:26 PM 

Player

I do like the dungeon, but it's far too long for the XP. It could use a boost to XP and gear to make it worth it.

Commie

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 20 2016, 21:28 PM 

Player

I really can't stand that dungeon and just avoid it. From the ridiculous 'get behind the pillar!' my character shouts to the forced cutscenes to the ugly scenery to the broken quest which sometimes takes two or three full runs to complete to the fact that it crashes the server if you wipe, I just can't stand it.

The whole area feels like a crummy Wow dungeon.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 20 2016, 21:39 PM 

Player

Quote:
Edit: I suppose I might aswell mention this here, but the Gibberlings that drop slug corpses every time they die, don't drop regular loots anymore. I see the loot roll hit 1-5 when hunting alone and end up with just a slug, same when they spawn as special/champion.

They still drop regular loot, they just also drop these so you can turn them into the mage for gold and XP. I assume that's why the XP in the dungeon isn't super high - it's bolstered by the fact that you can turn in swathes of the slugs and crystals for extra XP at the end of the dungeon, which I actually think is a nice touch. Trophies you can collect and turn in for extra XP and gold are a nice idea.

As far as I know, the gibberlings still drop their unique-ish loot? I'm not aware of any changes, but I also wasn't around when the dungeon went in. I ran the dungeon on a few characters when I came back and still got loot when the game siad I was supposed to ge tloot drops, but that was a few months ago.

I do know the quest is bugged and doesn't properly reward the bracers it is supposed to reward on completion.

The boss is "different", at least, which I support, but I think some of the effects could be toned down a bit, personally.

For what it's worth: I think the gibberling dungeon is as easy as goblins, but it takes 2 specific items and a potion - if you got them, you're invincible in there, basically.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 20 2016, 21:53 PM 

Player

You only get gold from the corpses and crystals, just fyi.

But yeah, Gibberling is as easy as goblins really. The potion takes care of the most of it, heh.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 20 2016, 21:56 PM 

Player

Oh, geez, it's only gold ? My memory is a sieve.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 20 2016, 22:00 PM 

Player

Heh, yeah. It's typically like 2-3k gold if you go solo and collect them all yourself. You can make decent gold in that dungeon, so long as you get drops every now and then, but XP kinda hurts. Generally I think you get a level going through the whole thing, or at least you are within range of your next level. Though there's no harm in revising that.

Ulir

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 20 2016, 22:50 PM 

Player

The portal out at the end is broken. Been through it a few times and it never worked.

Mikaz

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 21 2016, 0:04 AM 

Player

The Gibberlings that drop slugs literally do not drop anything else anymore(used to drop normal loot before, but no more) even when you hit the 5%(solo) for loot.

And one of those potions isn't Ghostly Visage, because the things seem to hit through that(+1 claws?), also you'd need constant 5 Res to all elements at deeper levels when you start getting that random dmg from just being in the area(Well, as far as item enchantments go).

And last time I went through the place I got 1,8k gold from the slugs/crystals, so that isin't too encouraging.

And I believe they still drop their unique loot, but it's gone from +1 Enchant, 1d4(2d4..?) Cold, Ray of Frost Charges Greatsword to things like +1 Str, -1 Disease saves gloves.. Which is just normal loot + negative modifier and doesn't encourage anyone to go there.

I like the idea behind the area, I just think the Effort to Reward ratio is way off, comparing it to Goblin caves, which you can usually blow past without much effort is just wrong in my opinion.

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 24 2016, 19:01 PM 

Player

I was wrong, yeah they have +1 claws. So I must have always been running with the item without realizing it hah.

But yeah, I can confirm that the slug-droppers don't drop loot on successful rolls. Happened at least thrice when I was there today.

Also the portal at the end worked for me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]