View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
robbi320

PostPosted: Mon, Mar 21 2016, 22:24 PM 

Player

Two things before writing this. First of all, this topic often really manages to annoy me, so I apologize if anyone feels like I am stepping on people's feet with this. I really love this server and everyone on it, even when people do something that I really hate. Also, this is a personal opinion, or at least its importance is a personal opinion.
Second, I realize fixing this is something that might be very difficult, but it is an important part of changes in any module.

I have noticed many pieces of content that did not get changed when the server got changed at some point. Anyone who can think of anything else is invited to add to this list. Also, if any of this is incorrect, please let me know, I am going off info of someone who has not played in almost 10 years, and my own attemps at verifying things.

- There is a book called “Cordor Law“ sold in Dragon Claw Wares, the monk shop in Cordor. It still talks about trials being arbited by the Duke...
- The Fisherman's Friend is now not able to be finished, as Uhm does not exist anymore. (you start it in “Gulf of Lumorier: Pearldivers's Peak“ at the broken boat)
- In the crypt near Guldorand (sadly I don't remember the exact area name) there is a vampire called “Moradel the Damned“. Upon killing her, she drops a body, whose description mentions Gustav wanting to put her to rest. As far as I have been able to verify, he does not give the quest anymore. He used to give the quest where you have to put her in her coffin behind her, it plays the wail pf banshee animation and you get a reward. Gustav now is in the Logjammer Inn in Guldorand.
- I have not been able to verify thia one, but people keep saying the entrance portal drow spawn is not really up to date. (Like the Ultrinnan port option)

These and any other “mistakes“ in module updates should really be updated in my opinion, as they really send people looking for removed content. While I am not a builder myself, some of these seems to just be slight changes in, for example, an items descrition, or a complete removal of a obsolete NPC.

Q't'ulu

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 13 2016, 8:41 AM 

Player

(bump)
Also, quest "Written in stone" (Howness : Trusty M.) can't be completed because of building interior unacessible.

Commie

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 13 2016, 8:58 AM 

Player

if you make a drow character it asks if you want to spawn in underport.

picking that means your characters home is forever stuck to a non useable leyline, and if you die, the portal in the death-world wont be able to teleport you there.

so basically if you make a drow the first thing you get in the game is broken and has been broken since underport was removed.

the tarkul portal allows you to port to underport.

you can go to underport and you end up in a one room area on B with some mind flayers and merchants.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 13 2016, 9:24 AM 

Player

A DM can fix your bindpoint or home point on request, so you're not stuck forever, actually.

But yeah, a lot of these things are easy fixes (I think). We can add this to the perpetual pile of crap we gotta do! :mrgreen:

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Commie

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 13 2016, 9:38 AM 

Player

SamTheGiantSlayer wrote:
A DM can fix your bindpoint or home point on request, so you're not stuck forever, actually.

But yeah, a lot of these things are easy fixes (I think). We can add this to the perpetual pile of crap we gotta do! :mrgreen:

oh sick lol i was told to remake the dude and pick cordor since he was like level 2

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

robbi320

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 13 2016, 9:40 AM 

Player

I think it would be enough (technically) to just port you out. From there, you can set your homepoint as, for example Cordor East. Won't be the boat, but the actual leyline, but it works. At least I managed ot alone with Mezwar.

Cratz

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 13 2016, 12:50 PM 

Player

robbi320 wrote:
- I have not been able to verify thia one, but people keep saying the entrance portal drow spawn is not really up to date. (Like the Ultrinnan port option)

Is true, I tried it once, it wouldn't even let me in game.

Luckbringer

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 13 2016, 13:36 PM 

Player

CratzBlade113 wrote:
robbi320 wrote:

Is true, I tried it once, it wouldn't even let me in game.

This is broken for all underdark races I believe. FYI to the Devs

Lutra

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 14 2016, 18:00 PM 

Player

It takes you to the rafter in the Troll caves since Ultrinann is gone, but yeah...that can be fixed.

T0mc4t89

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 14 2016, 18:42 PM 

Player

Q't'ulu wrote:
(bump)
Also, quest "Written in stone" (Howness : Trusty M.) can't be completed because of building interior unacessible.

The building is accessible, the entryway is just different from others. You have to click on the entry again after opening the door.

That Guy

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 14 2016, 18:56 PM 

Player

T0mc4t89 wrote:
Q't'ulu wrote:
(bump)

The building is accessible, the entryway is just different from others. You have to click on the entry again after opening the door.

Yup.. Tom beat me to it. Done this several times, it works.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]