View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
Commie

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 07 2016, 2:20 AM 

Player

The new Triumvir is really awkward to use. Not because of the NPC's and 'dancing lights' that get stacked up on top of each other in a big ass mob, but mostly because Diante has 4 lines of dialogue and just keeps repeating them. While it's awkward enough to RP there only to have a line of randomly patrolling erratically descripted NPC's (some are just 'a trusted companion' while others have over a paragraph) form up at your chosen conversation point (the pathing AI seems to like to just cluster up on any obstacle if given enough time) the Diante guy will just not shut up about his red robins.

It's really obnoxious to scroll up through some conversation and have almost half of the conversation log filled with Diante scribbling furiously identical comments about red robins.

Axe this guy, and I strongly recommend culling all the NPC pathing in the area, and re-doing some of the NPC descriptions so there's some consistency.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Barracuda

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 07 2016, 3:37 AM 

Player

I have to agree. The area is really nice, but Diante is a distraction. I think it could/would be used more often if Diante was given a non-speaking role in the play. 8)

Lutra

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 09 2016, 19:25 PM 

Player

It never bothered me to be honest. He doesn't say more than the NPCs did in the first Triumvir

Anatida

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 09 2016, 23:01 PM 

Player

I think you are in the minority on this, Lutra. :P

I suggested the same thing before.

Jes

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 10 2016, 5:39 AM 

DM

What's awkward is when you're standing next to the tree, chatting, and each of the roamers takes turns getting all up in your face and staring at you.

Also, the text does indeed run on. It was a bit disruptive when I last RP'ed there.

Aelynthi Nor'alei - The Bubbly Winged Elf

See me DM-side as:
[DM] Hlal | [DM] The Voice

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 10 2016, 6:05 AM 

Player

I have to say that I agree. I'll have a look at the area and see what I can do, pending opinion.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

PassionateShadow

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 10 2016, 8:04 AM 

Player

I don't play in the triumvir because my rp gets spammed with npc bullfight.

"It's easy to feel like a hero. It's a little harder to be one."

Commie

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 10 2016, 15:36 PM 

Player

PassionateShadow wrote:
I don't play in the triumvir because my rp gets spammed with npc bullfight.

echoing my total agreement.

Jes wrote:
What's awkward is when you're standing next to the tree, chatting, and each of the roamers takes turns getting all up in your face and staring at you.

Also, the text does indeed run on. It was a bit disruptive when I last RP'ed there.

like i said. it's real annoying to be in a whisper conversation and have 'a trusted companion' just get in your face for 10 seconds. i've seen shady-as-shit conversations taking place there recently but I literally felt like i would be cheating if I asked a DM to possess one of the npc's and tell me what they heard because ignoring them is a requisite of playing in that area.

the muse in the twilight stage can go too imo. i can't wait until someone tries to put on a play only to have it get interrupted 5/6 times by a giant explosion and then a giant block of text.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

exquisitelyme

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 17 2016, 16:07 PM 

Player

My main PC spends a fair amount of time in the Triumvir and tries to get people to go there for RP all the time. Diante's constant repetition is always mentioned as the reason why people just use the lamps for transportation and never stay in the area.

Please, DM/Dev Team, reconsider having Diante spam text, maybe put up a poll and ask the playerbase?

Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 17 2016, 17:34 PM 

Player

exquisitelyme wrote:
My main PC spends a fair amount of time in the Triumvir and tries to get people to go there for RP all the time. Diante's constant repetition is always mentioned as the reason why people just use the lamps for transportation and never stay in the area.

Please, DM/Dev Team, reconsider having Diante spam text, maybe put up a poll and ask the playerbase?

that and npc's that just crash into you and stand there right in your face as you talk about whatever is also bad. what if someone just asks them later what you're talking about? if a dm was on and saw the convo they would tell what happened, but if a dm wasn't on then someone just sat face-to-face in a long ass conversation but can't remember it.

it's soooooo dumb. the 'muse' in the stage is also annoying. that could just be an npc near the stage door that gives you one of it's lines when you talk to it, instead of just EXPLODING and spamming a wall of text then EXPLODING again.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Wed, Aug 17 2016, 21:20 PM 

Player

Yep, we're still looking into this place! There was just priorities put into place before but it should be in the scope soon.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

DolphinRacer

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 29 2016, 17:37 PM 

Player

I really hate the random patrolling NPCs in confined areas. Like Cordor works because its so spread out but in Wiltun and the Triumvir it gets really annoying and even weird. Dahey will just walk up to people and stare at their face or over their shoulder for a solid ten minutes, the dogs wind up running around the walls, and the little girl winds up blocking the keep door. Its really awkward and clunky. Kind of wish the patrolling NPCs could be limited to the walls and maybe one or two dogs.

Kira "Penny" Sigers
Better than Boulderdash!

Suhjet

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 29 2016, 17:55 PM 

Player

DolphinRacer wrote:
I really hate the random patrolling NPCs in confined areas. Like Cordor works because its so spread out

These guards stare deep into each others' eyes for the entirety of a reset :D

There are horrors beyond life's edge that we do not suspect,
and once in a while, man's evil prying calls them just within our range.

Commie

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 29 2016, 18:24 PM 

Player

DolphinRacer wrote:
I really hate the random patrolling NPCs in confined areas. Like Cordor works because its so spread out but in Wiltun and the Triumvir it gets really annoying and even weird. Dahey will just walk up to people and stare at their face or over their shoulder for a solid ten minutes, the dogs wind up running around the walls, and the little girl winds up blocking the keep door. Its really awkward and clunky. Kind of wish the patrolling NPCs could be limited to the walls and maybe one or two dogs.

I agree. The wiltun courtyard is kind of a mess to rp in with people crashing into you and just standing there, pathing busted.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]