View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 15 2016, 6:13 AM 

Player

The vast majority of the city sits behind locked doors, including all the Leyline nodes. It's really disheartening to make a Drow, go to your city, and find that 90% of it is just inaccessible due to some actions that took place years ago, places you can see on your minimap or through walls and just can't go to. While I understand all these decisions were made "in character" I think it's really lame that so much of the area is still utterly closed off and locked down, not to mention buggy.

Suggestion; Look at Nec'perya, go in dev side, find what doors can be unlocked and unlock them so more of the area can be used by players. Fix the bugs. The area is really cool, particularly the inside areas, and it's a shame to have it all wasted because a huge chunk of it is perma-locked.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

RaveN

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 15 2016, 18:02 PM 

Administrative Developer

Been a healthy moment since I've been down there, but...

-One of the houses is locked. (The old "Lolarox" house)
    -The vanguard building should be open
    -House Ussen d'Vhid is mostly open (though has a members area)
    -The temple is open
    -The market should be open
    -The forge (I think is locked) due to plot.
    -The alien house is locked, though several characters have the key- also for plot reasons

As far as the buggy NPC, that likely has to do with your race. It should be fixed at some point, yes. Though I think you have access to all of the proper places.

Commie

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 15 2016, 23:04 PM 

Player

There are a few houses that you can see more of though through the minimap, and crystal nodes in there. Are those plot locked? Like, if you're a drow right now you can't even bind down there and on creation you get bound to underport and wiltun/lobsul and underport doesn't even function.

And yeah, it's the constant locked for plot stuff that needs to be resolved in some way so the area can be used. I've been trying to get UD shit going basically as long as i've been on this server and holy cow is it rough with the swaths of inaccessible areas and bugs. Hell just last night I found the giant door in the almost-totally-empty 'kobold home' leads nowhere. It's just a busted transition. And it's a faction home you get auto-bound to.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Anatida

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 16 2016, 0:59 AM 

Player

That is going to require you work with a DM (Dusty) and work on unlocking things ICly. I don't mean the bugs, those should have been fixed long ago. But, as FW said, most of the place is accessible. I'm wondering if the locked doors you are finding don't actually have an interior (most don't). Very few buildings are actually used down there.

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 16 2016, 1:46 AM 

Player

Anatida wrote:
That is going to require you work with a DM (Dusty) and work on unlocking things ICly. I don't mean the bugs, those should have been fixed long ago. But, as FW said, most of the place is accessible. I'm wondering if the locked doors you are finding don't actually have an interior (most don't). Very few buildings are actually used down there.

dusty is inactive (blue name) and there is content behind some of those doors as you can see it on the minimap

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Zanthair

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 16 2016, 10:38 AM 

Player

i missed all the plot stuff in my absence.. should i not have isen wandering around nec alone in the darkness? guess ill have to read the forums a bit and get caught up...

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 16 2016, 16:12 PM 

Player

Zanthair wrote:
i missed all the plot stuff in my absence.. should i not have isen wandering around nec alone in the darkness? guess ill have to read the forums a bit and get caught up...

let me know if you find anything. and report bugs you find in the bug thread I made, hopefully we can at least set a proper stage for someone to do something there.

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:

Naivatkal

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 17 2016, 0:59 AM 

Player

You haven't, no. Nec is safe to wander around on :D

We just haven't had the ability to do much with Dusty being busy with RL and most of the main people having dwindled.

Khasir :: From the East a storm is coming

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]