View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
Chupacabra

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 29 2016, 9:31 AM 

Player

Is there a way to add -12 Str to the Npc item so that they walk and not run?

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 29 2016, 17:41 PM 

Player

Not really. Not on the BC itself at least. Could try adding a negative property to the armor BUT if that increases level (which I do not know off hand) then not.

Which also means it would only work on an NPC you can actually put armor on. If it is a "NWN default skin" you cannot.

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 29 2016, 18:39 PM 

Tester

Stat penalties and negative properties in general do not increase the level of an item. You can have a piece of cloth armor with -10 STR and it will still only have a level requirement of 1. -10 is the maximum stat penalty you can have on any one item(adding it a second time in the toolset does nothing), but penalties from other items do stack. A PC or NPC's stats can't be decreased lower than 3 from items, so nothing will die from equipping a STR reducing item.

Unless I'm unaware of something with how BC's work, NPC's still have item slots, even if the skin doesn't show them. So you could equip a STR-reducing item to a companion that doesn't show armor. It just wouldn't show the armor as per usual. If it's some sort of dialogue that prohibits default skins from equipping armor from a PC, a DM could always put it on the creature manually, unless again, I'm missing how BC's work differently than a regular NPC.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 29 2016, 18:50 PM 

Player

Nope, you cannot equip them (the option is removed automatically) if you slap a "preexisting" skin onto a BC.

Chupacabra

PostPosted: Sat, Oct 29 2016, 20:27 PM 

Player

Okay, i will have a Human Female str 8 and a Human male str 14 that for the most part will be wearing heavy plate armor. Can a DM in game add the Neg 10 Str to the armor or would it have to be done in tool set? And if so how many Dc's would that cost for the two? Oh i also wanted to change there helms as well to match Deacons #121. What would be the damage for that being done? Thanks for the response's! :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]