View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
That Guy

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 04 2016, 16:24 PM 

Player

I propose a rather simple fix to some confusing and hard to find forum entries. On the sidebar we have a spot for changed spells and changed classes. Now, two classes that have extensive Amian changed lore come to mind, Shadowdancers and Dragon Disciples. I'm not sure offhand, but I do think there is more Amian lore for other classes too. Would it be possible to add links within the pages spelling out the class changes to where one can read up more on Amian lore for those classes? As it is now, there's not even a really good mention of anything, and that leads people to read up on actual D&D information and Wiki's, which leads to misinformation. I tried to find some DD information the other day, and I KNEW it existed, and it still took me a while. If someone didn't even know they SHOULD look for it, they'd never find it.

Should be a simple fix, I think?

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 04 2016, 17:20 PM 

Player

Because it kind of fits in, could something be done about the Pale Master, since Dead made an attempt (in my opinion pretty successfully) to compile some info about them, but it's pretty much buried in the lore forum now. It was pretty extensive, and is pretty difficult to find if not looking specifically for it.

Richard_Edmund

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 04 2016, 17:22 PM 

Player

Dead's Palemaster lore isn't considered official lore, but instead class fluff.

Discord: Bhaalorian#5715

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Nov 04 2016, 20:12 PM 

Player

I'd agree, except that a few things also are considered official lore. Like that you can tell from a Pale Masters skin that he is a Pale Master. Or how you can swap the skeletal arm for other things with some extra stuff. I mean, I could be wrong, but at least the former should be posted somewhere. I mean, it's basically a rule, except that it isn't written down somewhere anyone has to or even needs to check. If something like that was stickied separately, ok, but not having it written anywhere and just assuming people know it is pretty careless in my opinion. Of course, I might be wrong, and it is written down somewhere, in which case it shouldn't be difficult to find it and give me a link, right?

Oops, just noticed the thread I was thinking about actually was the one started by Letum, and then was answered by Dead, after the Q&A was apparently discontinued. Here's the link. It moved to the second page of GenDis.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=81570

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]