View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
That Guy

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 29 2016, 20:42 PM 

Player

Okay, way back in my dark, dark history, I played on another server. I admit it. They used to do this thing, every so many weeks I think... maybe once a month, not sure. It was called a "Random (insertDMnamehere)-Event". Here's how it usually worked:

DM makes a thread about having these events, much like Amarice had for the Djinn. All their posts go there, and no one posts there but that DM. They announce there will be a Random DM-event on such and such day at such and such time, anyone seeing this is welcome to come, and we will meet at this neutral area. Usually, some big bad thing was threatening to destroy the world and we had to act now or all will be lost. They lasted about 2-3 hours, and consisted of a big group hacking and slashing and lagging their way through some random dungeon, and killing the bad guy. There was no further story, no continuing overreaching plotline, and they almost never continued on past that day. At the end, the DM laid out a bunch of loot.

It was all in good fun. It was INclusive of anyone who wanted to go, and we looked forward to this sort of "break" from all the serious rp, and this server was a more "rp heavy" server than Amia. It created a community who got to all play together and rally up against some "big bad guy" for the day.

Sure, some will say their character would never help, but.... don't overthink this. If something threatened the world, and had to be stopped, I'd think most Amians would want it stopped, or fuck with those trying to stop it, or show up to irritate everyone, or what have you. The point is, a huge server wide, regular fun time for all to enjoy.

There are always times and places where not everyone -should- be involved, but.. I for one would be interested to see something where EVERYONE got to play for once.

Would any DM's like to pick up this idea? Or ask questions or... anything?

-TG

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 29 2016, 20:51 PM 

Player

I like this a lot. It's a bit ooc but seeing

"Sunday at 7 EST something might happen in Cordor, be online"

Would be cool as fuck.

edit; you don't even need to list a location, just tell people to be on-line and let dm shouts direct it, "Anyone looking up would see X and anyone outside could clearly hear Y!"

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Last edited by Commie on Thu, Dec 29 2016, 20:54 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 29 2016, 20:53 PM 

Player

I like the idea.

It would be something nice for my adventurer guild idea actually, which has been pretty idle, where I can just toss up a DM adventure for whoever wants to join.

Not sure if I can manage every week with all the set-weekly stuff I have already DM side, but hey even if it is only once every two weeks or so it is still a good idea.

corypx

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 29 2016, 21:24 PM 

Player

Yeah this idea sounds like it could be a bit fun, and just because it does not have to have a large plot/story arch does not mean it does not mean it cant follow lore, it would be a neat way to throw things at us we would not often see.

Amarice-Elaraliel wrote:
It would be something nice for my adventurer guild idea actually, which has been pretty idle, where I can just toss up a DM adventure for whoever wants to join.

I have avoided doing anything with the adventurer guild thing not because Cory IC would not help/take work ((we all know Cory will do basically anything)) but I think it would be a prime way for the less accepted people to get some DM time, or maybe the people with less of a name to help and in turn DM could give them a PR boost to get the name out so they might get invited into the larger events. (((Cant blame people for not wanting to share information with people they never heard of befor)))

Commie

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 29 2016, 21:27 PM 

Player

Yeah. An open "S-Class job" that has a specific departure time from Cordor would be sick.

Count Kaldrjarn Pitt | Archmage Kilmar | Sarguk Morderer

ANT ALARM

MisterLich wrote:
First of all, my brain is one of the best here.

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 29 2016, 21:59 PM 

Player

While it can certainly be hack and slash events, I once played on a server where they ran a lot of random, smaller events. Sometimes they would involve PvE, other times it was more rp, and these events could be really really fun.

Amarice-Elaraliel

PostPosted: Thu, Dec 29 2016, 22:27 PM 

Player

Adventuring jobs are not necessarily hack and slash.

robbi320

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 30 2016, 1:10 AM 

Player

I'd personally like some random M-Class jobs as well. I mean, if every once in a while it would not be a S class job, but a lower one.

That Guy

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 30 2016, 1:36 AM 

Player

My idea is just for everyone to get together, something relatively meaningless, but vital for our survival. Neutral ground so anyone can join in. It's a great way for us all to play this game we seem to love so much, and a bit of a break from the "real" Amia for a bit.

Blue Moon

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 30 2016, 2:55 AM 

Player

If loot and dream coins are advertised I'm worried almost...too many? people will show up. Every time I've seen a community event on Amia it's like really giant, and because of everyone's ingrained culture of exclusivity, one group/person almost always starts a beef with another group/person- cue harrassment charges!

Doesn't mean we shouldn't try- I think it'll be great for increasing tolerance! Hilarious too :twisted:

"[SocksOnFeet] Arabella Amakiir: [Talk] That girl got buns, hon. "

That Guy

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 30 2016, 2:58 AM 

Player

I'm talking V&V events.. or Pleth Events style... Blue Moon, and I know you know what those are!

And... let's try to stay positive.. that's what these are for.

Shadowfiend

PostPosted: Fri, Dec 30 2016, 10:16 AM 

Player

Just throwing out suggestions on how it could be done, I still think it's a very good idea. We're a smaller community now than before, so I don't think player numbers will be a problem either.

Lutra

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 06 2017, 3:56 AM 

Player

This is a New Year's resolution of mine to do something like this.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]