View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
thunderbrush

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 11 2017, 4:16 AM 

Player

I'm trying not to make this an angry post (Hell of a pretext, which will end in DHOOM) but as an old man who plays a bit of D&D, I am starting to get annoyed with a few things.
Lately things have been awarded because the DM's have been generous, ill informed or just too tired to argue.
So everyone is clear Animal Fist is a PRC. Technically Kaha would lose DC's on his quivering palm, as the amount of AF he has taken would be 9 or 10 levels. This is seen in his RP of having permanant physical manifestations of his chosen animal. If you are receiving lessons on how to become closer to your chosen animal, understand the PRC comes with limitations as to which animals you can choose (I imagine the DM's could collectively over-ride this) and that this path of learning means you would have to take the appropriate levels of the PRC. Monk being the only proper or appropriate representation of this we have available. Consider this in your request, as what Kaha is teaching is not a shapechange widget or lycanthropy. It's a discipline, one that takes years of study and devotion to the parh of the PRC. It's not "I want to be a werebadger, so I'll take some screenies of me talking to a monk and drinking glasses of badger milk". I'm not singling out Kaha, its just he's the only PC you can go to for the RP. So do him the favor of understanding that to get what he has, you need at least 10 levels of "Animal Fist". You are requesting a PRC and if you don't already have monk in there, a rebuild.

I am all for people getting cool shit, even though the haves and the have nots create resentment, and even recently, a player leaving. So if we are requesting cool shit, do the RP. Set a reasonable time frame for your request and read up on the lore and mechanics involved in what you are asking for. Or not. It's not my call. I just hope the DMs are more leniant and considerate with everyones requests in the future. Especially if they are rooted in solid lore and more reasonable than what has been accepted now. Wanna see snowflake done right. Go look at Cory or Hana. They put in years of work.

Michael Harcourte: Painter, Scribe.

Sebastian Mayartte: Gambler, MercenaryDeceased

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 11 2017, 4:21 AM 

Player

what

Cratz

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 11 2017, 4:28 AM 

Player

TormakSaber wrote:
what

SamTheGiantSlayer

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 11 2017, 4:28 AM 

Player

Really? Another reactionary post calling people out like it's going to help anything. I thought you were done with this behavior. Send a PM to the DMs if you think they aren't doing their jobs 'correctly'. This was unnecessary and doesn't really belong in Improving Amia on any non-facetious scale. Telling people to go "RP", when they clearly make the effort, though it might not be to your personal standards, and to RP it correctly (no, not anything you actually said but basically implied) is not actually improving anything.

Thats the way it crumbles ... cookie-wise!

Broldi

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 11 2017, 4:30 AM 

Player

My presence improves Amia though. *Flex.*

Opustus

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 11 2017, 4:32 AM 

Developer

"(Hell of a pretext, which will end in DHOOM)" this cracked me up.

Are you saying that people should be more meticulous with their requests or that the DMs should be more lenient towards them? Or both, to find some sweet sweet solutions for improvement? Also, this is something you can use the Critcism thread for in General Discussion, methinks. Not sure if this goes here.

-Kendrick Lamar, good kid

Maverick00053

PostPosted: Sat, Feb 11 2017, 4:32 AM 

DM

Locked.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]