View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Mushidoz

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 11 2018, 14:02 PM 

Player

In response to Angelis' reply (do what you will of it):

One of the first servers I ever played on had "prestige classes". It was before epic levels were released, even before the first Nwn expansion.

The way it was handled was that if you chose to be a certain class, you would then be given specific equipment gear that were untradable. On that gear you had bonuses that represented the class they wanted to emulate, or things that only that class could get. I recall they had a "Blackguard" that had bonuses to universal saves on an armor and sneak attack on their primary weapon (for example).

If scripting is an issue because time consuming and difficult to do, then perhaps having us follow this route as a temporary fix for the -few- characters that actually go epic champ of Torm could work to satisfy said players without requiring much work from the dev team.

Angelis96

PostPosted: Sun, Nov 11 2018, 19:56 PM 

Player

Mushidoz wrote:
In response to Angelis' reply (do what you will of it):

One of the first servers I ever played on had "prestige classes". It was before epic levels were released, even before the first Nwn expansion.

The way it was handled was that if you chose to be a certain class, you would then be given specific equipment gear that were untradable. On that gear you had bonuses that represented the class they wanted to emulate, or things that only that class could get. I recall they had a "Blackguard" that had bonuses to universal saves on an armor and sneak attack on their primary weapon (for example).

If scripting is an issue because time consuming and difficult to do, then perhaps having us follow this route as a temporary fix for the -few- characters that actually go epic champ of Torm could work to satisfy said players without requiring much work from the dev team.

The reason we can't do this is it would mess up all of the slot functions on gear. So it'd in-fact make epic DCs even more constricted than they currently are due to their gear being nerfed to fit the class.

It would also lesson creativity on stats because slots would be taken up on gear for them to alter.

It's an excellent idea, but I'm afraid not very do-able here.

It is the way it is because it works the way it is. It will just take time and patience from the community to see things bare fruit due to how much manpower we have versus what actually is needing to get done.

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 12 2018, 21:05 PM 

Player

I'm trying to find dollar store solutions to temporarily patch problems :D

Alternatively, same idea, but with item pieces that work off the same script as the Nasher set in regular nwn. You get to X level, you are given a part of the set. The more parts you wear, the better the bonuses (whatever is judged balanced and appropriate). But I assume it'll be the same limitations anyway.

Angelis96

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 12 2018, 22:43 PM 

Player

Mushidoz wrote:
I'm trying to find dollar store solutions to temporarily patch problems :D

Alternatively, same idea, but with item pieces that work off the same script as the Nasher set in regular nwn. You get to X level, you are given a part of the set. The more parts you wear, the better the bonuses (whatever is judged balanced and appropriate). But I assume it'll be the same limitations anyway.

I'm honestly of the notion that anytime that we put into make a temporary fix-it solution to solve a problem could be better spent putting into trying to fix the permanent issue.

But then again, that's my -personal- disposition to the matter and I'm sure if any other dev wants to take on a temp fix-it solution they can be more than happy to in collaboration with DMs for balancing purposes.

However, my personal notion is I'd much rather just put that time into fixing what we already have if that's what needs to be done. Instead of putting wasted manpower into something that won't by any stretch of the imgaination exist for years on end. Especially with, as I said the small amount of people we have working on scripts as it is.

Which is myself/Hrothmus/Kam/Maverick for the most part. I'm sure I'm leaving out 1-2 people that I can't think of right off the top of my head as I just woke up but that's the general gist of whom is focusing heavy on script work right now. Most others are focusing on patching small bugs or making areas for the playerbase's wonderful use for everyday and/or events.

Preperation is key to the closest to perfection as one can possibly achieve. Especially in coding. Check over your work MULTIPLE times before you finalize it.

So trust me, just be patient. Wonderful things are on the horizon that we all can't -wait- for you guys to enjoy. Just going to take time.

lilmarcat

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 12 2018, 23:38 PM 

Player

Without a HAK update we could currently...
-Modify the script of Divine Wrath
-Change the amount of times Divine Wrath is useable per day (Don't hold me to this one, pretty sure it works on NWN:EE though with server side only changes)
-Add spell widgets similar to Blackguards/Assassins

We cannot
-Modify class progression (Such as when you gain Uni saves or Bonus feats)
-Modify bonus feat tables
-Modify skill points/class skills or other base stats.

bobofwestoregonusa

PostPosted: Wed, Nov 14 2018, 13:13 PM 

Player

Durations and uses per day on divine wrath are definitely doable. I saw one server that made Divine Wrath 5 rounds + cha modifier rounds per use.

Discord: Metal Viking Guy #5433

DC taxation is theft!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2