View unanswered posts | View active topics * FAQ    * Search
* Login 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
TormakSaber

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 17 2017, 3:57 AM 

Player

There are certain categories of items that never appear in a store or lootbin applicable to be turned into a yellow name item, and so simply aren't accessible in the server. In lieu of an actual expansion to the random item system, which I know takes a ton of work, it'd be great if the random stores were expanded, such that things like belts, boots, cloaks, gauntlets, helms and the like appeared more in the Thay shop and Azizi to let more of these items seed into the server. An expansion of the system would still be really cool (though manhour intensive - I know Terra was at one point looking into more of an expansion), but this would let people see more of the items that currently can't spawn into the system by any means at all.

(Alternately - move forward with the dev initiative for stuff like making Fire Giant Queen drop helms, shields, and armor, Snowy dropping cloaks, boots, and belts, Pirate dropping various weapons, and the like, since they'll also be yellow named +3, I.e. the +4 tier of items that Azizi and the Thayan in the Abyss sell. I know we talked about this in Dev chat, and I think the combo of Dynamizing B along with the server crashing may have put a dent in that, and I just want to make sure it doesn't fall by the wayside.)

corypx

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 17 2017, 5:46 AM 

Player

I have been saying we need more yellow loot like crazy, at the time we had a lot of players and we could have had a real neat player market with neat items.

Hell could we do a dungeon that dropped nothing but yellows!?

NAUX

PostPosted: Fri, Mar 17 2017, 8:11 AM 

Player

+1 for this thread. I've been checking the random stores nearly every day for the last 2 weeks trying to find a yellow Large Shield with Sonic /10+ resist. I've seen quite an assortment of random necklaces, and weapons, with a couple of armors, but that's mostly it. I'd love to know about any of the other random merchants on the server, but so far its mostly limited to Khem and Zanshibon, and its not the easiest thing to find out IC either.

It would be great if there was at least 1 guaranteed yellow item per merchant per reset, but perhaps that's even too little?

The inspiration behind the character:
- https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Grenadier_(3.5e_Class)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBjewxCxKLA

Mushidoz

PostPosted: Wed, Mar 22 2017, 19:37 PM 

Player

Unless mistaken, I believe the underport also had merchants with yellow items. If underport is still saved somewhere, maybe copy pasting these npcs and placing them somewhere else (with an appearance change maybe) could save you some time?

I think I recall being able to buy special kamas in the underport.. which isn't possible anymore.

Frozen-ass

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 23 2017, 6:56 AM 

Developer

Underdark actually has a bunch of merchants with semi random stuff, and on occasion a yellow item. (got a few of my crafting rings/items from them)

Some seem to be sharing inventory though

Maruz Blackfeet - Go team evil GO

Starter of the Mage revolution

robbi320

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 23 2017, 13:54 PM 

Player

Mushidoz wrote:
Unless mistaken, I believe the underport also had merchants with yellow items. If underport is still saved somewhere, maybe copy pasting these npcs and placing them somewhere else (with an appearance change maybe) could save you some time?

I think I recall being able to buy special kamas in the underport.. which isn't possible anymore.

I think the merchants from Underport were moved to L'Obsul. (Copy-Pasta) I could be wrong though.

Chupacabra

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 30 2017, 8:23 AM 

Player

What i want to know is why the slightly shady Merchant fellow in Kampos does not sell yellow text gear. He would seem to fit the profile, like the Fence in Cordor. :)

RaveN

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 30 2017, 19:17 PM 

Administrative Developer

<unpopularopinion>

I'm not convinced we need to give people yellow loot at a higher rate especially in stores, as I feel it'll just min-max people's builds further and be much more effortless than even gambling in Diablo 2/3.

It's not simply that I am opposed to yellow loot, but we're going to start seeing a slight power creep if people start replacing their average 1:1 power items with overbudgeted rares they bought (with gold that is beyond inflated) at no risk, luck, or investment of real time, just clicking two buttons.

Rares.. well, if they are no longer rare, then they will just replace the mythal system given time. And really, that's not what it's intention was. I've seen some pretty "DC-item-esque" rares and that's why they should definitely still be rare.

At best, I'd be in support of an actual gambling system where you pay 500,000 for a shot at a random rare, or something.

</unpopularopinion>

TormakSaber

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 30 2017, 20:38 PM 

Player

i would never hae gp again if i could gamble

PLS ADD GAMBLE

corypx

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 30 2017, 21:25 PM 

Player

RaveN wrote:
<unpopularopinion>

I'm not convinced we need to give people yellow loot at a higher rate especially in stores, as I feel it'll just min-max people's builds further and be much more effortless than even gambling in Diablo 2/3.

It's not simply that I am opposed to yellow loot, but we're going to start seeing a slight power creep if people start replacing their average 1:1 power items with overbudgeted rares they bought (with gold that is beyond inflated) at no risk, luck, or investment of real time, just clicking two buttons.

Rares.. well, if they are no longer rare, then they will just replace the mythal system given time. And really, that's not what it's intention was. I've seen some pretty "DC-item-esque" rares and that's why they should definitely still be rare.

At best, I'd be in support of an actual gambling system where you pay 500,000 for a shot at a random rare, or something.

</unpopularopinion>

See I don't think I have ever had a yellow loot drop that I kept, they were all trash in the end I mostly like the yellow loot because its different. a case of "oh that's neat" *vender trashes it with every other item picked up*

Dark Immolation

PostPosted: Thu, Mar 30 2017, 21:57 PM 

Tester

I'd be all for this idea, especially if it could be tied into my suggestion for NPC Spawning. Random merchant spawns, random inventory, just goes hand in hand.

Then again, I'd also be fine with us going to a Diablo style system, where the bulk of loot is randomly generated and having "named" inventory reserved for permanent merchants or occasional special drops(stuff like Shield of the Triad, 4+ level loot still belongs in randomized drops rather than a store IMO).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]